Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HC: The Perfect Gift LTQ

Zookeeper

HC: The Perfect Gift LTQ

There are just 12 days until Christmas! Let's head south and help Paradise Cove set up! Each is available for ONE DAY ONLY!

On Dec 14th, get a Partridge in a Pear Tree! (decoration, 5 rubies, 1x1)
    For Dec 15th, Turtle Doves sound nice! (decoration, 7 rubies, 1x1)
    Dec 16th needs some French Hens! (decoration, 9 rubies, 1x1)
    Let's get some Colly Birds on the 17th! (decoration, 15 rubies 1x1)
    A Golden Ring Seller is perfect on Dec 18th! (merchant, 23 rubies)
    Geese Eggs sound great on Dec 19th!
    Seven Swans for sale on Dec 20th! (decoration, 12 rubies, house size, 5% bonus)
    Milk Maids come to town on the 21st!
    Ladies learn to dance on Dec 22nd!
    Lords come Leaping on Dec 23rd!
    Pipers pipe through town on Dec 24th!
    Drummers ring in the season on the 25th!

Reward: house? merchant?
    Last edited by aracer; 12-20-12 at 03:24 AM.

Zookeeper
    I think with 5 rubies for the first one this might be a bit expensive for me (for a game which will probably be pretty much finished with by the time you get this reward).

Judging from the cost of rubies using 'skip now', the total cost is around 165 rubies.

Quote Originally Posted by aracer View Post
    I think with 5 rubies for the first one this might be a bit expensive for me (for a game which will probably be pretty much finished with by the time you get this reward).
    PC is finished? There are TWO quests completed by these 165 rubies, one in normal PC, one in Holiday Adventures. Still I won't do this because most ruby quest merchants don't pay out enough to be worth the space. Now if I knew they'd give serums...

They must be joking! Ho Ho Ho, bah humbug

5x12=60 rubies no ?

Zookeeper
    Quote Originally Posted by dirk45 View Post
    PC is finished? There are TWO quests completed by these 165 rubies, one in normal PC, one in Holiday Adventures. Still I won't do this because most ruby quest merchants don't pay out enough to be worth the space. Now if I knew they'd give serums...
    Oh! Hadn't even noticed the LTQ in PC, there are so many other LTQs happening at the moment.

Still don't think it's worth it for me - I guess some people will be interested in a Xmas theme, but I'd rather spend my rubies on more interesting stuff than a load of decorations.

Zookeeper
    Quote Originally Posted by yougenee View Post
    5x12=60 rubies no ?
    Not all of the "skip" costs are 5 rubies - some are 10, some 20.

I note that in HC you can see how many achievements other people have, and xxb3l must have already completed all steps (presumably by skipping). Is that somebody on here? xbel?
    Last edited by aracer; 12-14-12 at 04:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yougenee View Post
    5x12=60 rubies no ?
    No, the latter ones cost 20 to skip. We don't know if the actual items cost the same.

This is an assumption (based on fact) but by clicking on the green arrows for this quest in PC, it takes you to the menu in which you (in theory) will be able to find each of the 12 items for completion. I went ahead and did that for each one:

1 - Decoration - Partridge in a Pear Tree - 5 rubies
    2 - Decoration
    3 - Decoration
    4 - Decoration
    5 - Merchant
    6 - Merchant
    7 - Decoration
    8 - Merchant
    9 - Merchant
    10 - Decoration
    11 - Merchant
    12 - Ship

And the payout item "looks" like a house but could be a merchant as well

WOW.. this is great.. it has been such a long time since we have received a LTQ.. now we get to do something everyday until Christmas... I was so so so wondering what I was going to do with all my time.
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those that understand Binary, and those that don't.

Zookeeper
    Quote Originally Posted by cyoung35 View Post
    WOW.. this is great.. it has been such a long time since we have received a LTQ.. now we get to do something everyday until Christmas... I was so so so wondering what I was going to do with all my time.
    I'm afraid it seems all you have to do with this one is buy and place a decoration (or maybe a house) every day. I hope you don't get bored with nothing else to do.

Owl Wizard
    Too many ruby/berry quests going on!

Currently in Holiday Cove I have 7 quests:
    - On the First Day (requires ruby purchase in PC)
    - The Perfect Gift (requires series of 12 ruby purchases in PC, to include the one above)
    - Sweetened Holidays (requires berry purchases)
    - Sweeten the Deal (another crossover - requires both a ruby merchant & a berry merchant)
    - Save the Holidays (Yay! Not ruby/berry - complete sequence of 6 beacon quests)
    - Beacon of Loss (Yay! Not ruby/berry - 4th quest in sequence of beacon quests)
    - A Christmas Wish (Yay! Not ruby/berry -- waiting for more candy canes to complete it)

I started the game by doing some quests requiring berries, but it's too much for me. It's hard to tell since we're not given a total cost for the sequence, but it looks like I'd need to purchase at least $50 worth of berries, plus I'm not sure how much in the way of rubies, in order to do these.

Intrepid Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by aracer View Post
    Oh! Hadn't even noticed the LTQ in PC, there are so many other LTQs happening at the moment.

Still don't think it's worth it for me - I guess some people will be interested in a Xmas theme, but I'd rather spend my rubies on more interesting stuff than a load of decorations.
    Agreed! If we could sell them I might think about it, but I don't want to take up the space either. Although I do likd the concept of what they are doing and I'm sure the graphics will be great!

Just wish it was coin based instead of ruby based.

Yeah - multiple ruby quests that I am sure get more expensive once they have sucked you into starting. No thanks on this one...

Quote Originally Posted by cyoung35 View Post
    Haha cyoung35. Nice irony. Indeed. I wouldn't want to spend my Christmas holidays just tapping. Family Time would be better.
    I really wonder if all other steps would require rubies, before I invest my five.
    This LTQ must be a plan to give Christmas bonuse$ to PG employees, with all the ruby purchases they're expecting.
    Happy Holidays to all.

Last edited by darkside; 12-14-12 at 09:53 PM. Reason: My mystake

Turtle Doves

Where are the turtle doves? I can't find them

Quote Originally Posted by pgaddict View Post
    Yeah - multiple ruby quests that I am sure get more expensive once they have sucked you into starting. No thanks on this one...
    Oh yes... See PG i seriously question your judgement in rolling out these ruby quests so damn rapid fire! You have now proved to me what i've felt, and have stated multiple times on these forums. You don't care about giving everyone equal opportunities to indulge in these ruby quests. No matter what you say in this situation, I don't see how you can justify this. You've been throwing ruby / berry quests (and limited quantity items) so quickly that all the players (short of cheating, or getting insanely lucky with slots) without the means to constantly purchase rubies can't do them all. Sure some people post spoilers on these forums, but not all of your players check the forums. They essentially go into these quests blind, no knowledge of what the end reward is going to be.

So the responses:
    "Well you could pick and choose" doesn't really work since not everyone knows the end result.
    "Well they don't have to participate" But what if the reward was worth participating for? As stated above not everyone checks the forums.
    A paraprosdokian is a figure of speech in which the latter part of a sentence or phrase is surprising or unexpected in a way that causes the reader or listener to re-frame or re-interpret the first part.

1. The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list.

2. I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather, not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

3. The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

Zookeeper
    The second decoration, Turtle Doves costs 7 rubies compared to the skip cost of 5 rubies - so this is likely to be even more expensive to complete than we'd calculated from the skip costs.

Unhappy Asking too much every which way.

The amount of rubies needed... Too much...
    The cost of the rubies... Too much
    Amount of stuff needed for trades... Too much...
    Amount of time to craft each thing... Too long...
    That one thing has to be able to produce all the things needed in reasonable amount of time.
    How fast timed quests, wishes, lists or whatever... Too quick

I'm getting whiplash from all of this.

Don't they realize people actually have other stuff to do in their day?
    Absolutely doesn't seem like it.

looks like the cost to purchase is way over the cost to skip.... am I the only one that finds that a tad bit odd?
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those that understand Binary, and those that don't.

Zookeeper
    Well I suppose you do get something if you buy the decoration rather than skip. The costs of this are really mounting up though (I'm glad I never started).

That's the most ridiculous and/or extortionate concept of a quest you've been thrown at for a loooong time (mind you, that's just my opinion)

Owl Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by Torti View Post
    That's the most ridiculous and/or extortionate concept of a quest you've been thrown at for a loooong time (mind you, that's just my opinion)
    I think a lot of us aren't having any "should I or shouldn't I" struggle with this one. For those of us not rolling in rubies, the decision to skip it is pretty easy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast