Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 93

Thread: NEW Draw a Crowd Quest

  1. #1
    Intrepid Explorer
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,879

    NEW Draw a Crowd Quest

    hi all, just had a new quest pop up 1/6

    WARNING!! STEP 1 does not appear to have a time limit, but once you complete step 1 and tap on the complete button, the rest of the steps each have their own time limit.

    Completion of step 1 opens up that last strip of foggy land in the center of our cove.

    Step 1:

    First off, with all the new villagers drawn by our wonders, we're going to need to speed up our house production!

    1. Build the carpenter to increase our construction!
    Carpenter needs to be crafted (3 bolts, 120 wood, 99,750 coins, 2 ropes)
    Collects 30,426 coins every 8 hours.

    2. Find 2 bolts to build with

    Reward: 15 Sapphires, 1100 coins


    The carpenter might help speed up house production, let's put him to the test.

    Step 2: (This step IS time-limited, 24 hours)

    1. Chop 5 trees for building supplies
    2. Find 1 rope for support
    3. Build the prototype shack (takes 15 hours to craft)
    Prototype Shack needs to be crafted (2 Canvases, 50 wood, 98,450 coins, 25 Sapphires)

    Reward: 1 ruby, 15,000 coins

    Thank you Aussie


    Let's get the carpenter a nicer place to work for higher quality results

    Step 3: (Have 24 hours to finish)

    1. Upgrade the carpenter to tỉer 4 (upgrades with sapphires: 10x5, 15x5, 20x5) for a total of 225 sapphires)
    2. Expand once to get him some space

    Reward: 5 Emeralds, 2500 coins


    Hmm, I think that carpenter might need some help, to meet the demands of our new visitors.

    Step 4: (Have 12 hours to finish)

    1. Ask the mermaids for some help with 3 searches (these can be any type)
    2. Complete A medium voyage with robert for help
    3. Find a monkey to help the carpenter, (Decoration: 347,000 coins, 7 hours to build)
    Monkey does not appear in your decoration list until you get to step 4

    Reward: 3500 coins


    With a bit of work, i bet we can find someone specifically qualified to build us homes

    Step 5: (Have 24 hours to finish)

    1. Craft 5 sapphires for this expert's salary
    2. Find 15 sapphires for his bonus (These can be from voyages or from battling pirates)
    3. Defeat 3 pirates so he can get here safely

    Reward: 1 black pearl, 4500 coins


    Let's show the house builder that we are ready for these crowds.

    Step 6: (Have 12 hours to finish)

    1. Expand once to the clearing meant for our wonder
    2. Collect two times from carpenter for supplies

    Reward: House builder merchant, upgrades with sapphires (40,
    Max upgrade: 322,611 coins every 8 hours

    Thank you Gohanie

    QUEST COMPLETE: wonderful! He's agreed to join our island and help us build faster! With our new Egyptian Wonder, our town is bound to grow!
    Last edited by krisb; 11-29-12 at 11:49 AM.

  2. #2
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    26
    Carpenter is no free you have to craft him after you unlock him and place him on an islandName:  image.jpg
Views: 8362
Size:  83.1 KB

  3. #3
    Intrepid Explorer
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,217
    Completion of step 1 opens up that last strip of land in the centre of our map with the cloud that has been annoying us all for so long. Hooray!

    Step 2. (This step IS time-limited, 24 hours)

    Chop 5 trees
    Find a rope
    Build the prototype shack (in the craft shop)

    Reward 1 ruby 15000 coins

    (I'll post the crafting requirements once my craft shop is free)
    Last edited by Aussie; 11-27-12 at 07:45 PM.

  4. #4
    Owl Wizard
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    6,896
    <phew>
    I thought at first your post said that this was a LTQ. Glad to see that there is no time limit on it (took several times for me to attempt to open the quest list and crashing before I could find out.)
    I'm really hoping that PG doesn't release any more LTQ's until they get this crashing situation under control.

    Sounds like a good one! And, it's nice to know that I can try between crashes without needing to stress over it.

  5. #5
    I cannot ever get any bolts. I am at level 50 with most merchants at Max tier. Anyone have any suggestions on how to do this. Quest does not appear to be limited time but says only 162 left.

  6. #6
    Owl Wizard
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    6,896
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamper2009 View Post
    I cannot ever get any bolts. I am at level 50 with most merchants at Max tier. Anyone have any suggestions on how to do this. Quest does not appear to be limited time but says only 162 left.
    What says only 162 left? Is it possible that you're confusing something about the quest with the "limited edition" offer that's below the quests?

  7. #7
    Active Member HeartAdtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    226
    The thing says build the carpenter to increase construction. Think there will be any benefits or its just saying that? Meaning will we build like an hour faster or something maybe

  8. #8
    Intrepid Explorer
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,217
    Quote Originally Posted by LIMom View Post
    <phew>
    I thought at first your post said that this was a LTQ. Glad to see that there is no time limit on it (took several times for me to attempt to open the quest list and crashing before I could find out.)
    I'm really hoping that PG doesn't release any more LTQ's until they get this crashing situation under control.

    Sounds like a good one! And, it's nice to know that I can try between crashes without needing to stress over it.
    I have bad news for you LIMom. Check my post, right above yours. Step 2 IS time limited.

  9. #9
    Any tips on how I might be able to get this quest? I've shut the game down and re-entered but still don't have it. I also haven't seen a bolt in my game in I can't remember when. I seriously wish PG would get their act together.
    Game Center ID: knowitnot

  10. #10
    Owl Wizard
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    6,896
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie View Post
    I have bad news for you LIMom. Check my post, right above yours. Step 2 IS time limited.
    Thanks for the heads up, Aussie! I guess I'll hold off on starting this until the game becomes more reliable for me.

  11. #11
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    20
    *You can actually START CRAFTING THE PROTOTYPE SHACK as soon as you get the quest. Saves a couple of hours.
    Hooray the center area is cleared! More areas to expand, and spend less time on FRUSTRATING LTQs.

  12. #12
    Intrepid Explorer
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,217
    Quote Originally Posted by Knowitnot View Post
    Any tips on how I might be able to get this quest? I've shut the game down and re-entered but still don't have it. I also haven't seen a bolt in my game in I can't remember when. I seriously wish PG would get their act together.
    My guess would be that this quest triggers after you have done a pre-set amount of trades for relics and opened up some of your scroll. Not sure what the amount would be but the opening words of the quest are "Congratulations on getting a start on creating your Wonder" or something similar.

  13. #13
    Owl Wizard
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    6,896
    Quote Originally Posted by cidni View Post
    *You can actually START CRAFTING THE PROTOTYPE SHACK as soon as you get the quest. Saves a couple of hours.
    Hooray the center area is cleared! More areas to expand, and spend less time on FRUSTRATING LTQs.
    cidni, I was wondering about the crafting. Do you know whether it will count when we get to the step if the crafting is completed, and the item is in inventory? Or, does it need to be completed during the correct step?

  14. #14
    Intrepid Explorer
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,217
    The prototype shack requires;

    98,450 coins
    50 wood
    25 sapphires
    2 canvases

    It takes 15 hours to craft, which is a large chunk of your 24 for step 2, so you had better leave your craft shop free as you get close to this step.

  15. #15
    Intrepid Explorer
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,217
    Quote Originally Posted by LIMom View Post
    cidni, I was wondering about the crafting. Do you know whether it will count when we get to the step if the crafting is completed, and the item is in inventory? Or, does it need to be completed during the correct step?
    My guess (and I stress, it's only a guess) would be that it would be similar to a merchant. If you already have one in your cove, the step would be automatically ticked off.

    But don't rely on me, I'm usually wrong about these things.

  16. #16
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    38
    Thanks Aussie for the heads up I think my shop is free right now I'm gonna go get it started!

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie View Post
    My guess would be that this quest triggers after you have done a pre-set amount of trades for relics and opened up some of your scroll. Not sure what the amount would be but the opening words of the quest are "Congratulations on getting a start on creating your Wonder" or something similar.
    Well, since I don't have trades and relics, it looks like I won't have this either. Not a happy camper here.
    Game Center ID: knowitnot

  18. #18
    Intrepid Explorer
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,879
    my big problem is that I have no room currently because of all these LTQs and limited time merchants. So now i have to open up more which will cause me to level up again.

  19. #19
    I've got this quest and I haven't done any trades yet. I only get 1 canvas a day so I can't craft items requiring canvas. Also the carpenter is showing in the merchants list which makes me think I can buy it but it says I need seven houses so this won't happen fast in my game.

  20. #20
    Around 6:50 pm I posted there were only 172 merchants available and I couldn't get any bolts now its 10:45 pm and I still don't have the bolts and it says only 6 left. I think this stinks that I loose out on this when it isn't even my fault. I have been tapping for hours to no avail. Thus is a bummer.

  21. #21
    Have you tried medium voyages as well?
    With merchant my best results for bolts are usually barrel and coal mine with the odd one from anchor

  22. #22
    Longtime Tapper wicked wahine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    on a little island...
    Posts
    543
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie View Post
    Completion of step 1 opens up that last strip of land in the centre of our map with the cloud that has been annoying us all for so long. Hooray!
    Yup, finally!!!

    But what's that 'bald' spot on that island? I hope we can use that spot...

  23. #23
    I appreciate the response of medium voyages but yes I send one short and one medium every day at least and never brought back a bolt. Very low return of only maybe 2 a day not quite sure from which as lag so bad don't check stuff after every collection just at the end of the day. I was wrong about the 172 available as when I went back that was gone and my quest is still there. I think it might have been a ruby limited time merchant.

  24. #24
    Longtime Tapper wicked wahine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    on a little island...
    Posts
    543
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamper2009 View Post
    I appreciate the response of medium voyages but yes I send one short and one medium every day at least and never brought back a bolt. Very low return of only maybe 2 a day not quite sure from which as lag so bad don't check stuff after every collection just at the end of the day. I was wrong about the 172 available as when I went back that was gone and my quest is still there. I think it might have been a ruby limited time merchant.
    There's a thread here about which merchants give what item started by hibiscus. Try these merchants instead of ships as that's how I accumulate my bolts.

  25. #25
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    207
    Step 3: 24 hours limitted
    - upgrade the capenter to tỉer 4
    - expand once
    Step 4: 12 hours limitted
    - 3 mermaid spins, any type
    - a med voyage with robert
    - get a monkey deco, 347k, 7 hours to build
    Step 5: 24 hours limitted
    - craft 5 saphirres
    - find 15 saphhires from voyage
    - defeat 3 pirates
    Step 6: 12 hours limitted
    - expand once
    - collect twice from capenter
    Reward: house builder merchants, upgrade with saphhires ( look at below pics)

    Last edited by gohanie; 11-28-12 at 12:59 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •