Views: 863
Size:  94.7 KB

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 871
Size:  89.6 KB

Views: 874
Size:  91.2 KB
    Last edited by Holy cow; 11-26-12 at 01:42 AM.

Views: 872
Size:  91.1 KB 5hrs
Views: 871
Size:  94.6 KB 2hrs
Views: 869
Size:  93.6 KB 3hrs

*pinches bridge of nose with thumb and forefinger* Yep, nothing says we care about making things affordable for all players (of any and all income ranges) like pushing out more content that is ruby based at a rapid pace.
    A paraprosdokian is a figure of speech in which the latter part of a sentence or phrase is surprising or unexpected in a way that causes the reader or listener to re-frame or re-interpret the first part.

1. The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list.

2. I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather, not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

3. The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

Wow! This one IS expensive.
    Last edited by Haly2003; 11-26-12 at 03:45 AM.

Sorority Superstar BlackCatLady's Avatar
    A few days ago I found the greyed out box for a sleigh builder in my merchant list - I think that must be the reward merchant for this quest.
    A cat leaves paw prints on your heart.

GC ID: BLACKCATLADY! - TPC (no longer playing but have not deleted my game!) & TZ
    Tribez & Castlez - 56bcia / BlackCatLady

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Carolers 5 hrs
    Festive abode 2 hrs
    Holiday block 3 hrs

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

Longtime Tapper
    Okay. I'm ready for full spoilers on this one. Is there some good reward (great merchant, 10 black pearls). After the weekend I'm short of cash and land, so not biting unless the reward is there.

Intrepid Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCatLady View Post
    A few days ago I found the greyed out box for a sleigh builder in my merchant list - I think that must be the reward merchant for this quest.
    I saw this too BCL. And I thought te same thing the pic looks the same as the boat merchant but with Christmas decor and what looks like sleighs anyway. Lol

How bout a land sale PG, because its tough to find room for all these houses and merchants lately. And that isn't even including the regular game play( which I haven't been able to do in weeks)

These quests will come slowly... and if experience is any indicator, they will cost a LOT of Rubies for a small reward...

Name:  Tis The Season 05.jpg
Views: 725
Size:  22.0 KB
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those that understand Binary, and those that don't.

Longtime Tapper
    This seems like a new low level. Lots of gems, extremely little return.

Intrepid Explorer
    And why oh why PG do you continue to make houses merchant size?

Not worth the land space for 12 coins every 2 minutes

Would love to have a Christmas themed addition ,but just spent Rubies on "No Place Like Home" . I will hope that closer to Christmas a coin based quest is offered!

Ridiculous. What happened to equal content for all levels of players? Looks like PG is getting a little too greedy.

Longtime Tapper
    In a way I'm glad this is Ruby based as it means I'm going to skip it by default. LOL. I usually love Christmas so if this were a coin based quest I would definitely do it even though I'm quite LTQ'ed out now... So many LTQs these few weeks and I've levelled up so many times because I kept having to expand land. I haven't managed to progress in the main game for a long time! Need to get caught up now.

the way I see it.. Currently you can spend 87 rubies ( between $5 - $10 USD) and you can generate a whopping 46K coins every 8 hours... someone at PG is smoking crack..... Clearly, Mary Beth has struck again....
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those that understand Binary, and those that don't.

Intrepid Explorer
    Gotta to love the name of this one " Tis the Season to give the shaft to your players" I can't wait to see what the come up with next.
    Spreadsheets
    New Link to Everything:
    Tap Paradise Cove-Guide 2 :
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XqmtYxiFwRdNKi7jGEfmX_ujnMcAd1O9cR3NHxomb3o

http://www.gofundme.com/dmu0g0

More like Tis the Season to help pay for the Pocket Gem's holiday shopping... Or Tis the Season to give PG Bonuses based on how much $$ can be generated thru LTQ ruby purchased *grin*... Hey.. come on guys.. little Johnny needs the new xbox.... Give until it hurts... I think they need a merchant that pays 24 coins every 24 hours that costs 999 Rubies... It will be a pretty merchant with a thing that moves and causes more lag to the game... something everyone needs for their islands.... give give give... forget about helping out Hurricane Sandy victims.. those without power or houses or possessions... BUY MORE RUBIES.... Hmmm... that just might have been a bit cynical.... hmmmmm

... Time to find a new game I think!

This one turning into a cash cow for the stupid/rich/both!

Quote Originally Posted by Kochanski View Post
    ... Time to find a new game I think!

This one turning into a cash cow for the stupid/rich/both!
    I am starting to think the same thing... not only a new game but a new vendor. When my current Rubies are gone (and I do have a pretty good stock piled up), I will no longer play this game... not only that, I will stay away from any PocketGem games... I don't like their business model... my Daughter is trying to play campus life, and they are expecting her to pay 40 diamonds for a decoration and the task has a reward of 5 diamonds... So it is starting to look like this is direction of PG's business model. I can't bash them for it, because it clearly appears to work.. but my family has decided not to support it any longer.

But I will hang around until rubies are gone

I don't think the point of holiday LTQs are to produce a great return. It is cool to be able to say "hey I have a sleigh maker in my paradise cove from last Christmas xD look how cool it is". If you don't think so, you are not required to participate in the LTQ.
    What's the point of the holidays? Not to get 1000 dollars on gifts and spend 250 on gifts so you come out ahead. It's the experience and enjoyment.

The thing that I find disagreeable is that you are offered an expensive quest (around 10 US dollars) but there is no indication what your reward will be worth.

'Tis the Season' is a big "PASS" Name:  thumbsdown.gif
Views: 434
Size:  276 Bytes

Quote Originally Posted by bwt20racer View Post
    Ridiculous. What happened to equal content for all levels of players? Looks like PG is getting a little too greedy.
    Equal content for all level players, what's that? It's never existed in this game since I've been playing. Free spins and early collection are just 2 prime examples.