Buy Crane's Manor 18 rubies 60 wood 10 secs to build
    find 5 sapphires
    use 2 cannon boosts during battle

REWARD 4 sapphires 15 pearls 25000 coins

Step 5
    complete short voyage
    repair ship during battle

REWARD decoration
    Last edited by darkangel; 10-19-12 at 09:36 AM.

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

And of course I had just started crafting my fishing net when the LTQ popped up. Pumpkins will have to wait.

Longtime Tapper
    Quote Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
    LTQ 3 days

Step 1
    Send frigate on short voyage
    Craft some jack o lanterns 15,000 coins 12 rubies 500 pearls

2 mermaid searches..any

REWARD
    1 sapphire 2 pearls (they look to light to be black pearls) 10000 coins
    Haha I was just studying the colour of those pearls and came to the same conclusion... Just wondering weather to do this... I usually set myself a limit if buying 60 rubies for a quest and waiting to see what the next steps are... Those s***bag mermaids have cleaned me out lol... May do if new merchants

Zookeeper
    Definitely not black pearls. Only 2 of them. Do they think 10 pearls from a mermaid spin is too many? I think for 12 rubies just for the first stage I'm out (if only there was a way to select that in the game, so I don't have "Limited Time" flashing away at me).

Wasn't it also a ruby quest last weekend?
    Last edited by aracer; 10-19-12 at 02:10 AM.

Srry all, I am in a rush and cant make full spoiler in words, hope pictures are enough for your references!
    Note: Horse stable took me 5 hours to build, the crane manor took me 10 secs as rubies based houses! Reward is a decoration!

Wow, including powering up your ships and the other stuff, this quest costs quite a few rubies!

Longtime Tapper
    Pretty uninspiring quest... A lot of rubies for one merchant... Don't need the house have all the coined merchants brought so houses aren't that important at the mo and a lot of "wasting rubies" in battle features... May go to step 2 to get the horse stables or may pass completely.....not a great fan when the final reward is a decoration which uses valuable land... Prefer it to be a merchant at the end with a good few black pearls along the way

Not going to even start this, too many rubies and even a rope, still waiting for ropes for edwins wish - over 1 week - 2 ropes even though ships constantly sent on voyages

Longtime Tapper
    Quote Originally Posted by jlc57 View Post
    Not going to even start this, too many rubies and even a rope, still waiting for ropes for edwins wish - over 1 week - 2 ropes even though ships constantly sent on voyages
    You could caft a barn then they would count towards your ropes you need but this would cost you Ruby's .

Longtime Tapper
    Like many other players will not be able to even do this quest as we are unable to caft weapons or add then to ship no upgrade button.Been like this for weeks now sucks big time.

Intrepid Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by totalwar View Post
    Like many other players will not be able to even do this quest as we are unable to caft weapons or add then to ship no upgrade button.Been like this for weeks now sucks big time.
    The Cannon Boosts referenced in this quest are the ruby-costing power boost (button/icon) that shows up in the upper left of your screen when you are attacking, rather than the additional cannons either found on voyages or crafted. So *that* won't stop you.
    Last edited by TG_sunshine; 10-19-12 at 04:47 AM. Reason: Spelling

Sorority Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by jlc57 View Post
    Not a SINGLE rope for 3 weeks or so..

Intrepid Explorer
    Gohanie, is the decoration by any chance a "bonus center," like the trees?

Intrepid Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard norton View Post
    Pretty uninspiring quest... A lot of rubies for one merchant... Don't need the house have all the coined merchants brought so houses aren't that important at the mo and a lot of "wasting rubies" in battle features... May go to step 2 to get the horse stables or may pass completely.....not a great fan when the final reward is a decoration which uses valuable land... Prefer it to be a merchant at the end with a good few black pearls along the way
    12 rubies for the jackolantern

25 rubies for the stable

18 rubies for the house

10 rubies for two battle power/cannon boosts

10 rubies for one in-battle repair (first aid)

Sheesh! 75 rubies!
    Last edited by TG_sunshine; 10-19-12 at 04:52 AM. Reason: Correction

Longtime Tapper
    Quote Originally Posted by TG_sunshine View Post
    12 rubies for the jackolantern

25 rubies for the stable

18 rubies for the house

10 rubies for two battle power/cannon boosts

10 rubies for one in-battle repair (first aid)

Sheesh! 75 rubies!
    Unless I'm missing something this seems like a whole lot of rubies for not a lot... Think this is one that will appeal to the completionists or those with stacks of rubies burning a whole in there pockets...

Longtime Tapper
    The Cannon Boosts referenced in this quest are the ruby-costing power boost (button/icon) that shows up in the upper left of your screen when you are attacking, rather than the additional cannons either found on voyages or crafted. So *that* won't stop you.
    Ok thanks should read it lol.

Intrepid Explorer
    AND *many* thanks to gohanie (three cheers, lads & lasses!) for sharing!!!

Longtime Tapper
    AND *many* thanks to gohanie (three cheers, lads & lasses!) for sharing!!!
    Yeah thanks gohanie for getting all the steps posted quickly... It's good early on to decide if the quest is worth it or not and each player will have there own set if criteria which aids there decision in doing the quest or passing

Yeah thanks gohanie for getting all the steps posted quickly... It's good early on to decide if the quest is worth it or not and each player will have there own set if criteria which aids there decision in doing the quest or passing
    +1. I am grateful for these forums and the quick responses to new game material. Helps make decisions a lot easier.

Intrepid Explorer
    Why oh why is this a ruby quest? We had one last week.
    It would have been nice if a Halloween type quest was able to be done with coins.. IMHO

Like the "old days" when quests were relatively inexpensive to do and were fun for everyone.
    Last edited by krisb; 10-19-12 at 05:40 AM.

Intrepid Explorer
    I would have done the first step if the reward was black pearls, cause those pumpkins would look good in my cove. But I don't think the return on investment is good at all.
    12 rubies for 1 sapphire and 2 White pearls? Really?

We sure this isn't just a programming mistake in the picture? Anyone earn the reward yet?
    Last edited by krisb; 10-19-12 at 06:08 AM.

I have to echo Krisb question here.....has anyone received 2 white pearls, or is the picture wrong?
    If this is truly indeed the reward for this quest, this is a bad joke by PG. I mean really, 2 PEARLS? What can you do with that???? It should be a quest for April Fools, not Halloween.

Intrepid Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by Hukillmommy View Post
    It should be a quest for April Fools, not Halloween.
    Lol this made me smile this morning. Thanks hukillmommy.

Longtime Tapper
    Quote Originally Posted by Hukillmommy View Post
    I mean really, 2 PEARLS? What can you do with that???? It should be a quest for April Fools, not Halloween.
    Hahahahahahahaha!!!! This made me laugh a lot today. Thanks, you've made my day now :P

Anyway, I agree this is a lot of rubies for a quest. I was hoping I would be able to complete this LTQ this time (I just missed out completing the Tough Schooling one as I had sent my Sailboat out on a long voyage before the quest started, so had to wait for it to finish before doing a medium voyage, and didn't have enough time left in the quest to finish the first step). However, it seems like I might give this a miss, or maybe just make it to step 2 to get the merchant.

Anyone know what the stats of the merchant are at the moment? E.g. max payout, what it upgrades in, how many pearls/sapphires/emeralds per click, etc

Exactly dude. We cant just waste our rubies for junk, right? The merchant is good for lvl 15 or below. The deco reward KO me since first view so i didnt remember if it came up with extra bonus or not... i was kinda rush tho. Sorry
    Last edited by gohanie; 10-19-12 at 07:13 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast