Thread: IOS 10 is coming in September 2016. Will PG have the game updated to support this??

Longtime Tapper

IOS 10 is coming in September 2016. Will PG have the game updated to support this??

IOS 10 which has been in beta-test for several weeks now is slotted to be pushed out by Apple in mid to late Sept 2016. One major change is there will be NO MORE GameCenter icon. Only way to enter GC is through the games themselves. Hopefully PG has an update that will support IOS 10 correctly and fix all the GC issues seen in the past. Apple notes that IOS 10 will not be supported on older Apple devices like older iPad 1,2 and 3 or iphone 4 or 5. Not sure about 5s or c. This could stop some players from playing or force them to upgrade to a newer style device just to play the game.
    Shingor

Quote Originally Posted by RonD64 View Post
    IOS 10 which has been in beta-test for several weeks now is slotted to be pushed out by Apple in mid to late Sept 2016. One major change is there will be NO MORE GameCenter icon. Only way to enter GC is through the games themselves. Hopefully PG has an update that will support IOS 10 correctly and fix all the GC issues seen in the past. Apple notes that IOS 10 will not be supported on older Apple devices like older iPad 1,2 and 3 or iphone 4 or 5. Not sure about 5s or c. This could stop some players from playing or force them to upgrade to a newer style device just to play the game.
    Thanks for the tip RonD64, I will certainly refrain from upgrading until I know whether it will affect this game or not
    'I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer' - Dune litany. F.Herbert
    Home is where the heart is. My heart belongs to Roughseas

We're watching the iOS 10 update very closely, as we have with other iOS updates in the past. As we all know, Apple can do pretty much what they want with their platform regardless of the impact on existing apps. If something does break, we'll be on it. It's also worth noting that older devices should (in theory) still be able to run the game just fine.

Wilsooon thanks for coming in with your message. I have been very concerned all day. My device is older and I am not ready to upgrade just yet. Hope in theory really ends up being possible. Glad you addressed this today. I will be waiting to hear more when you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Scharbokid View Post
    Wilsooon thanks for coming in with your message. I have been very concerned all day. My device is older and I am not ready to upgrade just yet. Hope in theory really ends up being possible. Glad you addressed this today. I will be waiting to hear more when you know.
    Same here. Please keep us posted when you get new information.
    Leader of the Quadrophonics

I did the ios10 update but I still have the Game Center icon to enter my games on (so far), although today I started having problems with the shake/collect and not collecting many coins anymore. I thought it was b/c of the long last battle not watching coins so close. I have submitted a ticket, maybe they can shed light on the issue - maybe nothing.

Good to know about Game Center. Thanks

Game centre app gone, how do we add friends?

Quote Originally Posted by Julieali3 View Post
    Game centre app gone, how do we add friends?
    I haven't updated to iOS 10 so far, but adding friends should be handled by the Messages app. This link might be helpful:

http://appleinsider.com/articles/16/...ed-by-messages
    Last edited by Quoppy69; 09-14-16 at 05:04 AM. Reason: double post

Someone having problems, loading game after installing ios 10?

Quote Originally Posted by abodrocc View Post
    Someone having problems, loading game after installing ios 10?
    I had this problem already with IOS 9. Usually it helps to reboot the device
    Leader of CannonbllJog
    Game ID: Appelus

I updated to iOS 10. No problem so far. Everyting works fine.

The only problem I have encountered so far is uploading photos that are changed in any way.
    leader of Awesomenesss

Quote Originally Posted by mira1958 View Post
    The only problem I have encountered so far is uploading photos that are changed in any way.
    I am having the same problem, i tried to upload. But says i am not alowed.

Make a screenshot of the edited picture and post that. It works!
    Name:  IMG_0400.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  11.0 KB

Like this
    Last edited by mira1958; 10-13-16 at 11:11 AM.
    leader of Awesomenesss

I've been playing this game since June 2013 on my iPad, with 16 GB hard drive and after reading this thread in August, I refrained from upgrading to iOS 10. My husband just got me the iPad Air 2 for Christmas, so now I was wondering what's the best way to finish the game (I would like to finish it till the end). Do I download it now on my new iPad? Sign out on the old one first? Any help is appreciated. I do plan on connecting the new iPad to iTunes first and foremost.
    Secret Passages: Level 118
    Playing since June 2013 on iPad 2, iPad 2 Air since January 2017
    Where can I find all SP music?

I have had no issues with iOS 10

Quote Originally Posted by IncElk0612 View Post
    I've been playing this game since June 2013 on my iPad, with 16 GB hard drive and after reading this thread in August, I refrained from upgrading to iOS 10. My husband just got me the iPad Air 2 for Christmas, so now I was wondering what's the best way to finish the game (I would like to finish it till the end). Do I download it now on my new iPad? Sign out on the old one first? Any help is appreciated. I do plan on connecting the new iPad to iTunes first and foremost.
    Do not sign out of old game. Just close it. You want to stay signed into Game Center. Back up your game...I do a manual backup through iTunes to my PC and an auto backup (or manual) backup to the cloud. I have always just done a restore from iTunes on my new device which brings everything over to the new device. You may PM PG to be sure you do it correctly before going ahead.
    You will not want to select level one when the screen comes up on the new device. You will want to select your most recent game level.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.