Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pirates STILL attacking LTQ *spoiler*

Pirates STILL attacking LTQ *spoiler*

Defeat 20 pirates.

3 days time (tho the timer says 2 days)

Reward: 6 emeralds, 8 black pearls, 2 rubies
    Last edited by Cribb; 10-08-12 at 03:49 AM.

Boring quest, shoot shoot shoot wee.........

Boring and also not possible, given that virtually no pirates are appearing. AGAIN.

Yeah, and with only 3 pirates showing up on the shores every second day and the battle list only have like 1-2 pirates, this quest really suck...

Zookeeper
    Just about possible for me, given my battle list works, but not in conjunction with "Dress for Success" which I'm in the middle of I don't think, so I have to choose between 12 emeralds, 4 rubies or 6 em, 8 BP, 4 rubies. I guess 8 BP are worth more than 2 rubies and 6 emeralds?

Quote Originally Posted by aracer View Post
    Just about possible for me, given my battle list works, but not in conjunction with "Dress for Success" which I'm in the middle of I don't think, so I have to choose between 12 emeralds, 4 rubies or 6 em, 8 BP, 4 rubies. I guess 8 BP are worth more than 2 rubies and 6 emeralds?
    I would say the blackies are worth it. Then again, im not that high level, so I cant say how many you will need and how hard they will be to get

Sorority Superstar BlackCatLady's Avatar
    With the problems some of us are having with the battle function and having to fight non Game Centre pirates this feels like PG is turning h knife in th wound they made earlier.
    A cat leaves paw prints on your heart.

GC ID: BLACKCATLADY! - TPC (no longer playing but have not deleted my game!) & TZ
    Tribez & Castlez - 56bcia / BlackCatLady

Sorority Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCatLady View Post
    With the problems some of us are having with the battle function and having to fight non Game Centre pirates this feels like PG is turning h knife in th wound they made earlier.
    As if they care BlackCatLady. I've never in my life experienced a company like this (except perhaps back in th '80s when Customer Service seemed at an all time low), they just have a total disregard for their customers and seems no real desire to fix the bugs THEY created. What to do eh?

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    I am sorry guys, hopefully something can be done with the timer on these quests tomorrow.

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

I have managed to knock 6 of the total but now apart from my 4 main treasure seekers who are voyaging and the battleship, all my fleet has little hammers pounding away on it.

GC ID: BLACKCATLADY! - TPC (no longer playing but have not deleted my game!) & TZ

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCatLady View Post
    I have managed to knock 6 of the total but now apart from my 4 main treasure seekers who are voyaging and the battleship, all my fleet has little hammers pounding away on it.
    Ive knocked maybe 3 or 4 of em, but as you said, most part of my fleet is repairing. Drained my money down to only 40k...

Intrepid Explorer
    and my button still crash!!
    how am i supposed to finish this

My usuals don't even show up. Both quests impossible and have good rewards. I believe when I opened it I said something to the effect of ...are you f$&$ing kidding me. Geez!!
    Last edited by Lk310666; 10-07-12 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lk310666 View Post
    My usually don't even show up. Both quests impossible and have good rewards. I believe when I opened it I said something to the effect of ...are you f$&$ing kidding me. Geez!!

When the first Pirate attacking quest rolled out, I had all of my boats out, many on long journeys. It was Friday evening and I figured there would not be a quest this weekend so I sent them out for the last of my needed pearls and sapphires. My first reaction was Boats are all out AND no battle button AND the only pirates that have been showing up the the three heavy duty ones, there is no way at level 26 I can pull this off. I should add that on that last Mermaid spin joke, I started with 25 rubies, got my 30 and finished with 4 so I don't have rubies to use the new battle feature

However. I got my boats back and used the "weaken" the pirates advice that I have seen on the forum. I got all 10 with about 5 hours to spare.

Now I will use the same tactic on the 20 pirates. All 13 of my boats are in dock repairing after last nights masacre for the 20 pirate quest, but I have four down and 16 to go. I did battle the Immortal last night to get the sapphires I needed to finish upgrading so I could complete Laura's Wish. THE BATTLE IS ON!!!!

I am done, I like those 8 black pearls!

Must get this quest > level 25. I miss a lot of quests that you guys talk about here. I have technically been forced up 3 levels from chopping trees to get enough clear land to take pictures of buildings, so I am still a little behind upgrading sapphire buildings, and just finished upgrading my last pearl building (I think). I try to halt my 24 hour fleet sailing on Fridays for any LTQ but when I dont see it by Saturday, the voyages continue.

Quote Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
    How many rubies did you use to finish repair? Must have been a lot!

Longtime Tapper
    Quote Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
    Why?

No offense DA, but with all your merchants upgraded to the 44 million mark -- which is where the game ends as of now -- those 8 black pearls are just 8 more pearls on your inventory screen.

They have promised to add more "content", but apparently the content seems to be bugs and ruby quests.

Quote Originally Posted by wewehalim View Post
    and my button still crash!!
    how am i supposed to finish this
    That's what I thought until I found the solution in this forum, hope it works for you -
    Sign out of Gamecentre! (Tap your email in GC to sign out)

After I did that the battle icon worked again with generated pirates. I have Marion Belton which is 75/75, and i can attack her every 20 mins, so it will be a breeze for me. (Hope she stays around until I finish the quest!)
    Last edited by gamchai; 10-07-12 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kochanski View Post
    How many rubies did you use to finish repair? Must have been a lot!
    Why does everyone assume you would need rubies to complete everything quick. I have a large fleet, all on max tier, I have the strongest ship there is available to date. By battle list does crash but only if I scroll. I am lucky I have 2 friends I can fight on the top of the list that i can tap without it crashing. I used my strongest ship and no damage, every 20 mins and job done.

I do not bother using rubies to finish repair as I have always upgraded my ships to maximise my fleet to serve me well when required. Works well for me. So the answer to your question is ZERO.

I haven't finished the first Pirates Attacking yet. 8 down and two to go with 17 hours counting down. my attacks are counting for both quests.

Quote Originally Posted by gamchai View Post
    After I did that the battle icon worked again with generated pirates. I have Marion Belton which is 75/75, and i can attack her every 20 mins, so it will be a breeze for me. (Hope she stays around until I finish the quest!)
    Wish I had some rubber ducks like that in my default pirates!

So basically you're saying unless you have a friend who has weak ships, this quest isn't possible. Everyone at lvl 50 has maximum upgraded ships, it's first thing you do before even reaching 50. But unless you have weak friends who you can 1 shot you are left with only 700+ attack/def pirates to beat once a day without spending rubies.

Tho with 31 bp in the bank I'm not bothered was just interested but thanks for clearing it up.

Quote Originally Posted by hibiscus View Post
    Why?

No offense DA, but with all your merchants upgraded to the 44 million mark -- which is where the game ends as of now -- those 8 black pearls are just 8 more pearls on your inventory screen.

They have promised to add more "content", but apparently the content seems to be bugs and ruby quests.
    Just because there are bugs in the game does not mean I will not need those black pearls. There is a bug with the 44 million mark its not exactly ended. If you think no new merchants that they will whenever that is the add on for higher level players will not be for black pearl then think again. When they do they will be expensive, and so will the houses, considering costs of land and voyages and adding all that to the mix I for one would rather be prepared. So I would rather have the 8 sitting in my inventory than to moan daily, where is this, where is that, why is this and why is that and just get on with it and use my time wisely. For when the time arrives, my just more 8 black pearls will be worth a lot more than you think.

By the way hibiscus, it has been a lot easier for many of you lower level players to start collecting your black pearls where as myself and others have had to work hard and probably spend to get them, so maybe you might not see them in the light we do, try to remember that, and no offence taken.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast