Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pirates Attacking spoilers

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar

Pirates Attacking spoilers

LTQ..45 hrs

Defeat 10 pirates

Reward 12 sapphires 5 emeralds 1 black pearl

Hope that battle list works
    Last edited by darkangel; 10-06-12 at 03:49 AM.

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

Sorority Superstar BlackCatLady's Avatar
    Not arrived in the West Midlands yet! Have got 6 pirates in the cove including immortal and will just have to play the rest off the non GC list.

Got it after version update.
    Last edited by BlackCatLady; 10-05-12 at 07:20 PM.
    A cat leaves paw prints on your heart.

GC ID: BLACKCATLADY! - TPC (no longer playing but have not deleted my game!) & TZ
    Tribez & Castlez - 56bcia / BlackCatLady

phooey - no pirates in the water and no battle button - I just wanted to work on Sapphires to upgrade with this weekend anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Flowerpower View Post
    phooey - no pirates in the water and no battle button - I just wanted to work on Sapphires to upgrade with this weekend anyway...
    Don't worry... PG don't care. It's just a ploy to get people to use the new "costs real money" battle feature they just added so you're not missing out.

It couldnt be more blatant if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Unsubtle ploys are here again!".

The battle list in GC still does not work even after the update. Never mind will use the default one - will give me chance to fight some pirates that are a challenge but not suicide like D.Angel. He he!

GC ID: BLACKCATLADY! - TPC (no longer playing but have not deleted my game!) & TZ

Quote Originally Posted by Jq. View Post
    Don't worry... PG don't care. It's just a ploy to get people to use the new "costs real money" battle feature they just added so you're not missing out.

It couldnt be more blatant if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Unsubtle ploys are here again!".
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCatLady View Post
    The battle list in GC still does not work even after the update. Never mind will use the default one - will give me chance to fight some pirates that are a challenge but not suicide like D.Angel. He he!
    lol

Oh... the timing and creativity of this LTQ...

Owl Wizard
    Defeat 10 pirates in 30 hours? With most of the pirates having gone AWOL? ROFL!!
    While I didn't have this yet last I checked, I'm guessing the only way I'd be able to do it is to spend a fortune in rubies to restore my ships as they get damaged every single time (except for battling the serpent, but that's only good for 1-2 battles in a 30 hour period.)
    That's OK. I wanted a chance to work on some of my other quests, anyway.

Yeah... This one seems like a bust for me! Battle button has not worked in about a week. It did for the first week it was out and with the new update, it since then, nada.

With today's update I can not even tap the battle button without the game crashing. Before it took me to the pirate screen but now ... It just crashes. So unless I get a huge influx of pirates on my shores I am afraid I might miss this one.

Oh well. Just finally glad to have Jim's Cruiser so off to search for emeralds to upgrade some merchants! Wish me luck that I find the occasional black pearl!

Happy Weekend fellow tappers!!!!

Tiff

Sorority Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by tfc View Post
    Yeah... This one seems like a bust for me! Battle button has not worked in about a week. It did for the first week it was out and with the new update, it since then, nada.

With today's update I can not even tap the battle button without the game crashing. Before it took me to the pirate screen but now ... It just crashes. So unless I get a huge influx of pirates on my shores I am afraid I might miss this one.

Oh well. Just finally glad to have Jim's Cruiser so off to search for emeralds to upgrade some merchants! Wish me luck that I find the occasional black pearl!

Happy Weekend fellow tappers!!!!

Tiff
    Perhaps even a Rope?

Indeed a good weekend to all!

Longtime Tapper
    "today's update" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Poohbear View Post
    "today's update" ?
    Well... For me the update did not show as available until just a few hours ago, but it seems a few on the other side of the map had it earlier. Version 3.1 was what I had as today's update. Was v3.0.1 prior to that. I would just like to get version its.all.working.1

Tiff

Zookeeper
    For me at least it's now showing as 47 hours to go, so you have a bit longer than you thought.

My LTQ said 48 hours. But with the battle-icon not working, im not sure i will make it in time, since almost all my pirates have disappeared and the ones who havent takes some time to spawn again...

Mine now says 45 hrs

Quote Originally Posted by Cribb View Post
    My LTQ said 48 hours. But with the battle-icon not working, im not sure i will make it in time, since almost all my pirates have disappeared and the ones who havent takes some time to spawn again...
    You can disconnect from GameCentre and then the battle button will bring up some default pirates and unknown player pirates that will count towards this task. That is what I am having to do now I have cleared the ones that were in the cove. Don't forget that these pirates are often stronger than they first appear and you may need to use am multiple ship attack process and incur repair costs

This is one stupid quest. I'm with the rest of you. No pirates and the battle button crashes my game. PG seems to be getting dumber by the day.

You can disconnect from GameCentre and then the battle button will bring up some default pirates and unknown player pirates that will count towards this task. That is what I am having to do now I have cleared the ones that were in the cove. Don't forget that these pirates are often stronger than they first appear and you may need to use am multiple ship attack process and incur repair costs
    I am with BlackCatLady, this is what I am having to do to finish this quest.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

I have finished the quest using this approach. Yes I did incur quite a bit of damages but all of reasonable repair costs and the winnings together with the reward made it worth it.

Intrepid Explorer
    my battle button is still crashing!!!

I have finished the quest using this approach. Yes I did incur quite a bit of damages but all of reasonable repair costs and the winnings together with the reward made it worth it.
    I have finished too, my battle list does not work either but i can open it just not scroll through it. Luckily i had a pudding on the second from the top that i was able to fight. So just open your battle list and check the top of it and see if any of those you can work with first before you sign out of GC or panic. As long as you do not need to scroll the battle list it should not throw you out. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
    I have finished too, my battle list does not work either but i can open it just not scroll through it. Luckily i had a pudding on the second from the top that i was able to fight. So just open your battle list and check the top of it and see if any of those you can work with first before you sign out of GC or panic. As long as you do not need to scroll the battle list it should not throw you out. Good luck.
    That method worked for me until this most recent update. Now when I press the button the game crashes and does not even let me see the battle list.

I did sign out of game center but can only defeat 3 pirates before most of my ships are in repair for 10-12 hours. The 5 rubies needed to instant repair in battle just is not worth it to me for the reward and keeping my ships out of repair mode.

So this is one of those that if I finish I finish and if not, oh well. I did manage to get a black pearl from one of the pirates named Pete that BlackCatLady said was a good hit in another thread, so I don't feel like it is a total loss at all. I have received more from my plundering than the quest would have given me so can't complain too much.

That method worked for me until this most recent update. Now when I press the button the game crashes and does not even let me see the battle list.

I did sign out of game center but can only defeat 3 pirates before most of my ships are in repair for 10-12 hours. The 5 rubies needed to instant repair in battle just is not worth it to me for the reward and keeping my ships out of repair mode.

So this is one of those that if I finish I finish and if not, oh well. I did manage to get a black pearl from one of the pirates named Pete that BlackCatLady said was a good hit in another thread, so I don't feel like it is a total loss at all. I have received more from my plundering than the quest would have given me so can't complain too much.
    mine use to crash too by just pressing the battle icon, i rebooted device and it was fine for that part after that. I am getting raided constantly everyday though lol so i am not signing out of GC for those players.

Quote Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
    mine use to crash too by just pressing the battle icon, i rebooted device and it was fine for that part after that. I am getting raided constantly everyday though lol so i am not signing out of GC for those players.
    Tried that for a while as well, but now nothing. Seems that our fixes work for a bit but then... kaput.

And I have to correct myself as it was a post by Poohbear about Pete that followed the tip about hitting.

And DA, you know how popular you are so take the hits as a compliment! Just glad I am not one of them though because I would hate to feel your wrath!!!! lol

Intrepid Explorer
    This LTQ made me happy that I've been letting the pirate ships lurk about my colony, in case I would need to defeat some quickly (and I was getting *so* tempted to fight Randall for the payoff!)

Now PG will probably come up with a new wrinkle, so that refraining from clearing away the pirate ships won't help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast