Page 370 of 391 FirstFirst ... 270320360368369370371372380 ... LastLast
Results 9,226 to 9,250 of 9773

Thread: Let's Discuss LTQs Here, Part VI

Ok so... I just realized that we have to connect to Facebook to add friends now?

The friends I've added on GC previously, I can still see and vote in FS I think. But if I want to add new friends, it has to be through Facebook.
    FS: ⓍⒶⓃ

Quote Originally Posted by Naimonster View Post
    Ok so... I just realized that we have to connect to Facebook to add friends now?

The friends I've added on GC previously, I can still see and vote in FS I think. But if I want to add new friends, it has to be through Facebook.
    What? If this is the case then I won't be adding any more people. Sorry. Facebook for me is to stay in contact with a couple of people dear to me and nothing else. I'm not connecting to people that are not my real and actual friends on Facebook, and I don't connect Facebook to any other application. Sorry PG.
    CL id: Kadiatu

That notification pops up for me if my internet is woozy..it SHUD go away if u restart the game..

- - - Updated - - -

That notification pops up for me if my internet is woozy..it SHUD go away if u restart the game..
    Game Center Id : Anwesha
    Campus life Id : anurulz

Oh gosh, I'll be flying away from Monday to dig up a Roman villa in the south of Europe. I'll be here very rarely during that time I suppose. I thought: hey, I have the time, lets do something crazy. Thus don't worry if you don't hear from me.
    Last edited by yirara; 08-23-16 at 03:03 AM.

The FB notification has been there since I can remember. It is incorrect. Adding friends is through GC. Ignore that msg.

- - - Updated - - -

Yirara that sounds exciting! Enjoy.
    Style is forever...

Kindness like flowers always leaves its scent on the giver.

Apple has phased out GC for iOS 10.

And even tho I didnt update to iOS 10, I can no longer access GC now.

My friend list in CL is also empty even tho I can vote for my original friends.

Especially for Yirara

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  7.4 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  10.0 KB

The cape looks great with several pink gowns too, but I choose the white so you could better see the detail of the cape versus wondering what was the gown versus the cape. I noticed your post & since I already got the rank I want I figured I could enter the cape for you to see it in a FS.
    Last edited by Imani; 08-23-16 at 05:35 AM.
    Enjoying Campus Life since Sept. 2012! *Hope more people keep playing CL & other PG games*

Alicia modelling shawl from step 2
    Leah modelling basket & bonnet from step 1 and dress from step 3

Name:  AliciaLeahPioneerwoman.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  66.4 KB

Loving the recent cash quests so far!! Thanks PG!
    Last edited by arysta808; 08-23-16 at 07:09 AM.

Oh this sounds terrible..i have not entered GC yet so no clue..i haven't updated ios yet either..

- - - Updated - - -

Oh this sounds terrible..i have not entered GC yet so no clue..i haven't updated ios yet either..

Hmm.. I still have the whole list of friends and still see people, including Nai. When I first installed the game update I could not, but then it loaded again. I've not upgraded iOS yet even though I do get bugged every evening. I'm afraid an app very dear to my heart, but not supported anymore from September on might not work anymore if I do.

and gosh, I'm going on an archaeology field school *jumps up and down* lets see if watching Time Team for ages and visiting I don't know how many Roman sites around the Med, in Germany, Britain and the Middle East paid off (only joking). Maybe those sites will make more sense in the end.

Stylish Collab ! (1/2)

Views: 394
Size:  88.1 KB

Views: 392
Size:  87.0 KB

iOS 10 is not able to be downloaded in its finished form yet - only in a beta form. Currently, beta 7 for developers and beta 6 for players. But beta will have bugs as it is a work in progress.

From what I have read, Game Center as a stand-alone app has been deleted from iOS, meaning the hub bunching all a person's games in one singular location is no longer there. However, it can still function but only from within individual games in terms of seeing accomplishments, rankings, leaderboards, etc... Developers will have responsibility and discretion with this.

A main change, though, is that friends will not be able to be added in the future as they have been able to in the past.

When iOS 10 is publicy-released, people will supposedly need to use iMessages to work the friend angle in adding friends to Game Center.

(A couple articles postulate that Game Center might be able to be downloaded from the App Store at a later date... again, just some theories thrown out there.)

Some concerns, to me, are:

- the fact that iOS 10 drops support for quite a few devices, so people playing on older devices will not be able to initiate this update and will have to upgrade devices in order to access certain products and games - one being CL.

- how will the removal of Game Center as an app affect how CL - and all game - progress is saved? Will PG rely on Game Center so heavily?

- what will happen to our games if problems arise, like people need to delete and reinstall?
    "What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist." -- Salman Rushdie

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    The app is being removed, not the service itself. All it means that developers will have to implement the gamekit data interface into the game.

Note, try to avoid installing beta versions. Beta 10.6 is available and has issues, 7th version is for the developers and that too has issues.

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

Quote Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
    The app is being removed, not the service itself. All it means that developers will have to implement the gamekit data interface into the game.

Note, try to avoid installing beta versions. Beta 10.6 is available and has issues, 7th version is for the developers and that too has issues.
    What will be saving the game? Game Center or Game Kit? And if the stand-alone app is disappearing what does that say about the longevity of the service (Game Center) in general?

What I read about using iMessages was interesting because it seemed that the actual process of adding new contacts as friends was not really addressed in terms if how iMessages will work. For me, that is not an issue since I choose to play without friends, so I could personally care less what the new process will be, however for people wanting to add more, or new, friends, it seemed unclear as to how that would be working. Articles seemed to refer more to existing people on one's list, so...
    Last edited by Vogue.One; 08-23-16 at 11:33 AM.
    "What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist." -- Salman Rushdie

and gosh, I'm going on an archaeology field school *jumps up and down* lets see if watching Time Team for ages and visiting I don't know how many Roman sites around the Med, in Germany, Britain and the Middle East paid off (only joking). Maybe those sites will make more sense in the end.
    How interesting Yirara!! And a great way spend some "down time". I had to look up it up 😄 It's not completely clear if you have to be a student to attend,though it does mentions "enthusiasts" here and there. I'm wondering because it seems such an interesting thing to get to do if your'e a history afficionado.

Oh,and thanks for spoilers these last few days Olcia,Dutchie and Kate😘
    Loved the cash quest,thanks PG (also nice touch to have those two 8 hour courses ticked off in advance,even though it was probably a mistake &#128521 only minor thing is,you can't wear the shawl and dress together.
    Todays hair quest will be a pass for me,i'm afraid. The hair is cute enough,just a bit too similar to other recent styles imo. Also a little burned out from finding 6 girls to give hair to from last quest.
    But,the socks are cute. Will probably get those.
    Baseanimal in GC,feel free to add. Please mention the forum

Quote Originally Posted by Baseanimal View Post
    How interesting Yirara!! And a great way spend some "down time". I had to look up it up  It's not completely clear if you have to be a student to attend,though it does mentions "enthusiasts" here and there. I'm wondering because it seems such an interesting thing to get to do if your'e a history afficionado.
    Thanks I can't wait to go. What you're able to do really differs. There are some 'field schools' that might or might not accept enthusiasts and there are just regular digs which might accept volunteers unless there are too many archaeology students who want to or need to join. I tried to get into a prehistoric dig in Germany but there was too much interest by archaeology students. It's fairly easy to volunteer for a dig in the UK though. It's also much more out in the public here. But honestly, I've had it with all the rain and wind. I wanted some nice weather for a change. Thus a field school in southern Europe it is. With that I'll also get some lectures on the local archaeology, some lab classes and excursions.

Have fun, Yirara! Sounds like an awesome trip.

I don't really get the whole GC/iOS 10 thing, but I don't like using Facebook anymore. I set up a totally separate (game only) Facebook account when I started to play Covet. But that game just burned me out, so that sits fairly idle most of the time. I check CL Addicts every once in a while, but it's rare. I think every "friend" on that profile is someone I don't know, except for my husband who made up our Fashion House. I don't think I have any forum CL friends on there unless someone added me through CL Addicts. Wow...I think I have talked in such a circle that I have confused even myself. Rotfl! ��

Anyway, I don't like the sound of the changes but I guess more info will come as the final version of 10 drops.

On to happier things, I liked some of the cash items and I LOVE today's quest. Ribbons, bows, lace...woo hoo! Plus the hair is gorgeous! Yes, it is similar to some of of the others we have had recently, but they have all been so pretty and each one has unique features. They have all been a win for me personally.

I have my styling of Hina with the new items and hair, front and back views. I really really like this fashion. Thanks,PG!

As always, thanks for letting me share!

˚₊✩‧ⒽⒾⓃⒶ‧ ((ฅ₍⸍⸌̣ʷ̣̫⸍̣⸌₎ฅ)) ‧ⒽⓤⒼⓈ‧✩₊˚
    GC - NekoHina ˚(͇̩̫͇̂̂)ฅ˚ FS - NekoHina
    I love to vote for friends, so please me a request on Game Center and mention your CL forum name. Thanks!
    "You are NEVER too old to play with dolls". -- 💕 ˚₊Hina ‧₊˚. 🐾

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vogue.One View Post
    What will be saving the game? Game Center or Game Kit? And if the stand-alone app is disappearing what does that say about the longevity of the service (Game Center) in general?

What I read about using iMessages was interesting because it seemed that the actual process of adding new contacts as friends was not really addressed in terms if how iMessages will work. For me, that is not an issue since I choose to play without friends, so I could personally care less what the new process will be, however for people wanting to add more, or new, friends, it seemed unclear as to how that would be working. Articles seemed to refer more to existing people on one's list, so...
    The gamekit is a tool to provide systematic functionalities to create features of the game, one being GC/leaderboards. The dedicated GC app will be removed, not the service.
    Last edited by darkangel; 08-23-16 at 06:22 PM.

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

I can't access the GC app to see my friends/add friends. Not only that, in CL, my friend list is empty and they're asking me to connect to Facebook only. I can still judge for my friends, but I'm required to connect to Facebook to ask for friend votes. Did anyone see my FS entires for a few days? I'm guessing no.

I can't access the GC app to see my friends/add friends. Not only that, in CL, my friend list is empty and they're asking me to connect to Facebook only. I can still judge for my friends, but I'm required to connect to Facebook to ask for friend votes. Did anyone see my FS entires for a few days? I'm guessing no.
    I can't see my friends list either..but I can ask for votes and am able to vote..i can enter GC and see my friends in it..something wierd weird is going on..i don't understand technology and times like these it confused me even more..

- - - Updated - - -

Update : my friend list is back on FS..
    Last edited by anurulz; 08-24-16 at 12:46 AM.

Today's quest is a rerun quest:

Neon Galore 2

Cost is 28 and 75D

I was prompted to sign into GC trying to launch CL. Then, I was kicked out. :/
    Style is forever...

Kindness like flowers always leaves its scent on the giver.

I'm still missing the necklace and jacket from the quest. I do have the reward though. Might be tempted to get those two items nontheless.

edit: that's odd! The bag is a seasonal item. It's certainly not in my wardrobe, and neither in storage. Yet it ticks off at the quest, and I'm absolutely certain I got it from a petal quite a while ago. Do things vanish but leave a data trace?
    Last edited by yirara; 08-24-16 at 02:39 AM.

Nai,i've just voted for you.
    Havent seen any weird stuff w my friends list .. yet.

Yirara,thanks for the info. Seems like it takes quite a bit of looking into to get together,as a non student that is. Still,a possibility to keep in mind for future.
    Hope you have a blast! (Though there will likely not be actual blasts,oc) 😇

Rerun quest: already have the reward gown from boutique,so no temptation for me. Looking forward to tomorrows first prep though,interesting to see what kind of items will be included. Last one was very diverse.
    Baseanimal in GC,feel free to add. Please mention the forum

Btw, I love the current showdown theme. It's a bit vague but being so open to interpretation is also fun. I guess I'm mostly going monochrome here, matching clothes to haircolours. But it's also nice to see completely different ideas.

Page 370 of 391 FirstFirst ... 270320360368369370371372380 ... LastLast