Thread: Driven to success....... Spoilers

Driven to success....... Spoilers

New quest, 9 days to complete.

Complete Tony's wish.

Reward is 10 emeralds and 5 black pearls.
    I love PG if I get the quest and its not a ruby one.

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    It came this morning, it went in few secs got my reward.. love the black beauties..

apparently my comment is really rude daddy sauce, figure that and let me know lol!
    Last edited by darkangel; 09-26-12 at 10:19 AM.

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

Zookeeper
    Ahh . . So that's the reason I was given 10 emeralds and black pearls when I opened the game today. Already done.

What merchant is Tony?

Zookeeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy Solt View Post
    What merchant is Tony?
    He's not a merchant. He's in the wish book.

I just need one more rope from Beth's Cruiser and I'm done. Last voyage she only had pearls so hoping for better luck with next cargo.
    "For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone" Audrey Hepburn

Longtime Tapper
    Tony's wish is a ruby wish, right? So in essence you have to buy black pearls with real cash.

Had I not read this thread I would have never known this quest came and went. Tony been so happy since I granted his wish a couple of days ago. I enjoyed upgrading a black pearl merchant

Intrepid Explorer
    i dont have this.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
    He's not a merchant. He's in the wish book.
    Yes but you need to have purchased the Cart Maker merchant to unlock the wish.

Last rope Hooray !!

10 Emeralds and 5 Black Pearls VERY NICE reward. Thank you PG :-)
    "For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone" Audrey Hepburn

Intrepid Explorer
    i see, so in order to have this, u need to buy cart merchant.
    no wonder i dont have this quest

Quote Originally Posted by wewehalim View Post
    i see, so in order to have this, u need to buy cart merchant.
    no wonder i dont have this quest
    Tonys wish is just one of eight in the wish book. I only have 7 available because I am yet to buy Jacobs Chicken Farm (its rubies and not as good a rate of return as others)

So "driven to success" is a bonus really , for completing one of the wishes.

Just got this quest. 9 days to complete. Got this the moment my Cart Maker finished building and one requirement to completing is collecting from the merchant 10 times. I don't have early collection. It didn't count the first collection after it was built. 24 hours between collecting. That means that unless I spend rubies to collect early from my merchant, I will run out of time to complete this quest on time. I don't mind spending rubies to get things but why make me spend them to rush build times, etc, just so that I can finish the quest in time.
    Game Center ID: jcdev24

Owl Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdev View Post
    Just got this quest. 9 days to complete. Got this the moment my Cart Maker finished building and one requirement to completing is collecting from the merchant 10 times. I don't have early collection. It didn't count the first collection after it was built. 24 hours between collecting. That means that unless I spend rubies to collect early from my merchant, I will run out of time to complete this quest on time. I don't mind spending rubies to get things but why make me spend them to rush build times, etc, just so that I can finish the quest in time.
    Hmmm...
    When I purchased the Tuna Merchant and got Jonah's Wish, it never triggered the associated quest.
    I wonder if that was a glitch and/or if they've brought quests back again. I sure wouldn't mind the 5 black pearl reward!

Intrepid Explorer
    That doesn't sound right - I mean, PG does like to mess with our heads, but they usually don't intentionally make things impossible. Perhaps you should put in a ticket explaining precisely what's wrong, and reinforce w/ a PM to PGJohn (include your ticket number to make things easier for him). You probably won't get response until Monday afternoon California time ... But that should allow enough time for them to help you

Quote Originally Posted by TG_sunshine View Post
    That doesn't sound right - I mean, PG does like to mess with our heads, but they usually don't intentionally make things impossible. Perhaps you should put in a ticket explaining precisely what's wrong, and reinforce w/ a PM to PGJohn (include your ticket number to make things easier for him). You probably won't get response until Monday afternoon California time ... But that should allow enough time for them to help you
    It wouldn't be impossible if I had early collection. Anyways, I would rush the production once so that I could fit it in time wise but I'm not likely to complete the rest of the steps anyways. I also have to get 10 ropes from Beth's cruiser within that 9 days and I also have to upgrade the cart maker to tier 5. To be allowed to upgrade I have to level up at least 2 more times before I'd even be able to upgrade my cart maker, provided I can even collect enough sapphires in the next 9 days to be able to upgrade...... But I'm going to try because I see how important black pearls are later on.

Hiya all

Just a query, if you do Tony's wish now, so you still get the 10 emeralds and five black pearls? Or was that limited to "Driven to Success?" (She asks with naive optimism)

Have a goodie
    "You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough"

Mae West (original sex goddess)

Angelic Member
    It wouldn't be impossible if I had early collection. Anyways, I would rush the production once so that I could fit it in time wise but I'm not likely to complete the rest of the steps anyways. I also have to get 10 ropes from Beth's cruiser within that 9 days and I also have to upgrade the cart maker to tier 5. To be allowed to upgrade I have to level up at least 2 more times before I'd even be able to upgrade my cart maker, provided I can even collect enough sapphires in the next 9 days to be able to upgrade...... But I'm going to try because I see how important black pearls are later on.
    This is another example of a quest configured back when everyone had early collection & is now too hard for new players. Put in a request to PG to change the parameters. It is best to have huge stockpiles of sapphires, coins, and rubies saved up before beginning these quests. Then you can build quickly, change levels, etc. You can clear land ahead of time, leave the trees, then do quick chopping later to advance levels!

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    This is another example of a quest configured back when everyone had early collection & is now too hard for new players. Put in a request to PG to change the parameters. It is best to have huge stockpiles of sapphires, coins, and rubies saved up before beginning these quests. Then you can build quickly, change levels, etc. You can clear land ahead of time, leave the trees, then do quick chopping later to advance levels!
    I wasn't aware that purchasing the merchant would trigger that quest. I will be more careful in the future, like before I buy the tuna merchant... just in case.

Owl Wizard
    I wasn't aware that purchasing the merchant would trigger that quest. I will be more careful in the future, like before I buy the tuna merchant... just in case.
    When I purchased the tuna merchant (about a month ago, I think?) it didn't trigger a quest. It did open Jonah's Wish so I was able to do that, but no option to get the extra bonus of a quest along with it. There was someone else who had posted in the same time frame that had the same experience. I don't know if that was temporary or not, though.

Quote Originally Posted by LIMom View Post
    When I purchased the tuna merchant (about a month ago, I think?) it didn't trigger a quest. It did open Jonah's Wish so I was able to do that, but no option to get the extra bonus of a quest along with it. There was someone else who had posted in the same time frame that had the same experience. I don't know if that was temporary or not, though.
    I think that was me. I didn't get quest with the wish. I would love to know if they are doing quests with wishes again.