Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LVLD PIRATE: Dark Armor! LTQ Spoilers

I also would have liked either the ship's final stats to match the higher difficulty of these ridiculous battles or the opponent's stats lowered so that most players could get this ship for all of their time and effort.
    Please add the word "FUN" back into the PG dictionary (it would have MY picture by it)
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

FUN: a good time

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  67.1 KB

I agree, there was no Fun in this quest at all !! It was ridiculously hard for a 3300+ level ship. For all of that work it should already be fully upgraded!!!!

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    It was very very very boring. But I ate a whole chocolate cake so it didn't seem that bad.

So my suggestion is eat a chocolate cake and PG you need to give us all cakes!

We need another word other than boring for these battles because BORING is not boring enough to define it!

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

Tedious would be an alternate word. And for those with smaller fleets and few strong ships, exasperating and frustrating would be the words of the day. And for those of us who can't use all their fleet fully because of work, the word is costly.
    Cannoncrusher guild leader.

Just a tiny quester.

After 40 wins and still ships left, I gave up! I suddenly realised I have a real life too. Perhaps I could have finished the battles, but these 40 wins took so much time, I didn't want to waste more on it.
    PG could make the last few battles easier for those players who "wasted" time and even rubies to get this far. A few one-shotters would be nice after the hard battles.
    leader of Awesomenesss

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Tapper View Post
    All my battles, after 40, were with quick fight. Although it does make it quicker, it still takes a long, tedious time.
    It does take long! I like to keep my eyes on the prize.
    Happy retired member of thedarkangels!

I feel that after fighting so long and hard for this ship that it should have been given to us fully upgraded. It'll probably take bp's to upgrade. these are hard to come by. I have a ton of gold pearls..........

I think this quest was incredibly unfair. I have 134 ships. 28 of them aren't fully upraded yet but a decent fleet. I have 3 extremely high powered cannons totaling 6330. At lunch, I made it to lvl 49. The repairs just finished for all my ships. I thought, all my ship, 1 lvl, done deal.

I equipped my highest cannons on every ship and after going through my entire fleet, the total damage by 134 ships was only 1/3. (Boosts long gone at this point and even when I used them, they make zero impact that I could see.)

When a battle required 500 ships or more to beat 1 lvl, something is serious wrong and PG needs to reevaluate this.
    I liked the NEW guild battle where the harder ships were designated and started off harder but had less lvls.

Longtime Tapper
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudley1994 View Post
    I feel that after fighting so long and hard for this ship that it should have been given to us fully upgraded..........
    Not to mention the unnecessary experience of waiting 16 hours for it to build!
    Really don't understand why the build times are so long, we just invested hours to get it, why can't it be build within an hour or so.

Quote Originally Posted by bmaam View Post
    Really don't understand why the build times are so long, we just invested hours to get it, why can't it be build within an hour or so.
    Exactly! There is no point of a long wait!
    Happy retired member of thedarkangels!

Quote Originally Posted by bmaam View Post
    +16

Just want to say, that as one of those who were unable to complete the quest, that getting to level 30 was a great achievement for me. Reward was a few keys along the way. No 31 then ate so many ships that I really didn't see much point in continuing. Would have been nice to have had a reward at the lower levels to boost my fleet in the hope of completing in the future. Instead I had a ship sitting in my cove for several days that I didn't have a hope of defeating. I congratulate all those with the fleet and the fortitude to stick with it and win the ship at the end. ����������

Sorority Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
    It is not a 4000 ship criteria though is it Keith. Those ships do require a lot of battles. Does not matter how easy some of them are. The easy battles do not get you anywhere near the 4000 stats. They require multiple battles and in some cases multiple 50 battles which are not all easy for some members.

Agreed that this is low stats for this quest in question and it is no walk in the park but I still don't think it deserves to be a 4980 ship.

By the way snake does not have oodles of 4000 ships. I do, though this quest is doable for me I found it hard. But I call it as I see it.

PG are looking into the stats.
    Well sometimes we have to agree to dissagree. For me the 40-50 battles ARE so hard this deserves to be a MUCH BETTER ship (whether or not a 4900 ship or not is a mute point). The other two levels of a 3x50 battle to me are not relevant as they CAN be done and all give two days to do them AND you earn keys along the way.

This is meant to replace the Color Key quest which is no where near as hard as needing like 3 MILLION Hit Points to beat the final battle. To do this takes HOURS of one's time and my point is that is just not worth it for a 3365 ship.

As for the "PG are looking into the stats" for me that is also just not on. I am NOT fighting the last 7 battles as I have much better things to do with my life just for a 3365 ship but if they change to 4000 I might indeed. PG need to set REALISTIC CRITERIA AND REWARDS AT THE START OF EACH QUEST NOT LOOK AT THEM AND MAYBE CHANGE THEM HALF WAY THROUGH.

But we have said this many times before and I don't see PG changing their ways any time soon.

So, each to their own and CONGRATS to anyone who DOES complete the full 50 battles. I too like the design but my work just doesn't permit me to spend the hours this will need to do the last 7 battles.

Happy Tapping all

Zookeeper
    Ha! At the rate I'm going, I won't be completing it for all the naps I've had in the last 3 hours. Took 3 naps just to complete Battle 42. :P Used to be that spinning the mermaids put me to sleep, but now the battling is achieving that quicker since I have such a lag between battle completion & being able to unload equipment. Congrats to all who have completed this battle-stravaganza, & good luck to all that are slogging on - may you have some great naps & better battles.

Sorority Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by andyb386 View Post
    I'm sorry to disagree with you DA but the number of battles really doesn't matter, it's the strength of the opponent that makes it achievable or unachievable for lower and mid level players. The easy battles on the 3 x 50 battles don't get you anywhere near a 4000 ship as you correctly said but even 1 battle in the 3 x 50 gets you a ship (a low level one but still a ship) and that's the difference between 3 x 50 and 1 x 50 quests.
    The current quest requires you to defeat all 50 levels just to get the ship at the lowest level and then you still need to spend GPs or BPs to upgrade it afterwards. Defeat it 49 times and you get nothing except the side quest rewards.

Personally I would have preferred to see an easier opponent than a higher reward ship to allow more lower players to achieve it.
    +1 Well said

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
    You misunderstand me. You are comparing one quest to another which are totally different in play to win the same strength ships. I agree that the stats on this quest are way off considering how HARD the battles are. I also agree that its wrong that players cannot upgrade the ship as they go along which means that the low/mid level players that work really hard to try may not get to upgrade the ship. So yeah they should be rewarded something for something.

So for those who may think I have not considered all of the above, I have, if they change the stats on the ship to make it easier I personally wouldn't mind either. Not sure about other players. I have asked them to reconsider the stats for the ship keeping in mind that the strength of the pirate in this ship matches those of quest where we were awarded a 4000+ ship. Also keeping in mind that players cannot upgrade the ship as they go along. The efforts for some will be wasted, but I also know from experience that making easier could mean lower stats. That is why I said that asking for a very strong ship is unrealistic. This quest does not match the very strong ships, BUT the mistake is that they didn't allow the ability to upgrade the ship each level and that it should have been higher fully upgraded that it is now.

We can agree to disagree with each other.
    hehe.. Well I AGREE with ALL of THIS!!

- - - Updated - - -

Been hard at work so only just reading the full thread!!! <-- Back to my corner

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by andyb386 View Post
    Last time I promise! With this quest, the reason you can't upgrade as you go along is because you don't get the ship unless you defeat ALL 50 levels. If you only defeat 49 levels you get no ship at all. It's only when you defeat level 50 you get to build the ship.

Whether the current reward ship should be upgraded to a higher level is kind of irrelevant. I'd rather make sure PG understand what they've done wrong this time in setting the opponent so high to start with. That just means lower players don't bother and surely a 3000 class ship should be achievable by the majority of players, not just the strongest.

And even though I've already finished it, I'd be more than happy to see the stats lowered to make it easier for other players
    Again agree.. what an "agreeable" person I am

Sorority Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlesnake:) View Post
    I must have worded that wrong. I meant that 4000+ boats aren't supposed to be easy. Yes this quests isn't easy, ( I'm not even done with it )but it's only a one round battle, I think 3000+ stats are reasonable. On the battles that have 3 rounds deserve a 4000+ boat. You have to fight 150 battles. This quests only 50! Yes they aren't easy but at least it doesn't require 150 battles.

By the way if you are curious, I have 156 boats. I did not mean this quest is a walk in the park at all. I said quests that have a prize with 4000+ boat stats ARE NOT a walk in the park. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I don't have oodles of ships or rubies so I'm NOT cruising at all.
    Didn't think you were.. but WELL DONE!!!!

Yes, you are

Has anyone finished building yet, I just wonder if it's a black or gold pearl upgrade.

It's black pearls but any ship with the initials DA was never going to upgrade with anything else! Lol
    Player Name mrb386
    Proud member of the Cannonbll clan

Oooh! I get it.Thx.

Lots of our guild were unable to finish this & wasted a lot if time for a few keys. PG you changed the fleet quests to be upgradable as you go, next time please do the same with this quest. At least then the players at a lower level will have a ship to help their fleet grow & be able to get further along each time up to point when they will be able to complete it. In this current format, next time they will not even bother starting.
    GreatVikings Officer

This quest will definitely go down as one of the worst. Such a hard battle for a mediocre ship. As much battling as I did, I should not have to spend hundreds of bps to upgrade this ship. I'm tired of spending that many bps on any ships. The players with smaller fleets are simply unable to achieve such a quest. This quest should have come with a warning that it was an all or nothing quest. I feel bad for those who made it to lvl 40+ and could not reach 50. I made it to 50 with much time to spare but still feel ripped off that I must spend hundreds of bps on this ship after spending hours of loading and unloading equipment. This is the kind of thing that just makes me never want to make in app purchases in this game. My largest mistake was not reading Keithme's spoiler. Thank you Keithme. I will be sure to read your spoilers always. Shame on you PG!

Officer GreatVikings/Valhallla

I thought all LVLD pirates normally upgrade with gold pearls. It was part of the reason I finished it, despite using a lot of time & resources for a ship that is weaker than a lot of ships I already have. I appreciate that there was a 'Dark' theme to this quest, but I am tired of getting black pearl ships I'm not able to upgrade beyond about half-way. I have thousands of gps and hardly any bps, particularly since I still have not received prizes from the weekend versus.��

Longtime Tapper
    I'm pissed this upgrades with black pearls. I have none of those and a huge stash of gp's. For those of us who don't win ships in the weekend events, there is no use for GP's in this game. I have thousands

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast