Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 95

Thread: LVLD PIRATE: Dark Armor! LTQ Spoilers

  1. #26
    Longtime Tapper Paricalu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    564
    Taking into account the time and resources requiered to defeat the Dark Armor pirate the award ship should be over 4000/4000.
    Guilds: FireCats and Dolphins_U35
    Player name: GGContraPG and CaptainXXL

    Don't blame me....it's google translate's fault!

  2. #27
    Zookeeper Capt Hawk-eye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Il USA
    Posts
    876
    Correction #43 24953/104998 and #44 is 17062/87551

  3. #28
    Intrepid Explorer andyb386's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,046
    Quote Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
    It is not a 4000 ship criteria though is it Keith. Those ships do require a lot of battles. Does not matter how easy some of them are. The easy battles do not get you anywhere near the 4000 stats. They require multiple battles and in some cases multiple 50 battles which are not all easy for some members.

    Agreed that this is low stats for this quest in question and it is no walk in the park but I still don't think it deserves to be a 4980 ship.

    By the way snake does not have oodles of 4000 ships. I do, though this quest is doable for me I found it hard. But I call it as I see it.

    PG are looking into the stats.
    I'm sorry to disagree with you DA but the number of battles really doesn't matter, it's the strength of the opponent that makes it achievable or unachievable for lower and mid level players. The easy battles on the 3 x 50 battles don't get you anywhere near a 4000 ship as you correctly said but even 1 battle in the 3 x 50 gets you a ship (a low level one but still a ship) and that's the difference between 3 x 50 and 1 x 50 quests.
    The current quest requires you to defeat all 50 levels just to get the ship at the lowest level and then you still need to spend GPs or BPs to upgrade it afterwards. Defeat it 49 times and you get nothing except the side quest rewards.

    Personally I would have preferred to see an easier opponent than a higher reward ship to allow more lower players to achieve it.
    Player Name mrb386
    Proud member of the Cannonbll clan

  4. #29
    Zookeeper Capt Hawk-eye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Il USA
    Posts
    876
    #45 16430/82166
    #46 29479/79284
    #47 14777/91496

    Out of ships for now

  5. #30
    Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    23,961
    Quote Originally Posted by andyb386 View Post
    I'm sorry to disagree with you DA but the number of battles really doesn't matter, it's the strength of the opponent that makes it achievable or unachievable for lower and mid level players. The easy battles on the 3 x 50 battles don't get you anywhere near a 4000 ship as you correctly said but even 1 battle in the 3 x 50 gets you a ship (a low level one but still a ship) and that's the difference between 3 x 50 and 1 x 50 quests.
    The current quest requires you to defeat all 50 levels just to get the ship at the lowest level and then you still need to spend GPs or BPs to upgrade it afterwards. Defeat it 49 times and you get nothing except the side quest rewards.

    Personally I would have preferred to see an easier opponent than a higher reward ship to allow more lower players to achieve it.
    You misunderstand me. You are comparing one quest to another which are totally different in play to win the same strength ships. I agree that the stats on this quest are way off considering how HARD the battles are. I also agree that its wrong that players cannot upgrade the ship as they go along which means that the low/mid level players that work really hard to try may not get to upgrade the ship. So yeah they should be rewarded something for something.

    So for those who may think I have not considered all of the above, I have, if they change the stats on the ship to make it easier I personally wouldn't mind either. Not sure about other players. I have asked them to reconsider the stats for the ship keeping in mind that the strength of the pirate in this ship matches those of quest where we were awarded a 4000+ ship. Also keeping in mind that players cannot upgrade the ship as they go along. The efforts for some will be wasted, but I also know from experience that making easier could mean lower stats. That is why I said that asking for a very strong ship is unrealistic. This quest does not match the very strong ships, BUT the mistake is that they didn't allow the ability to upgrade the ship each level and that it should have been higher fully upgraded that it is now.

    We can agree to disagree with each other.


    "If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

  6. #31
    Intrepid Explorer andyb386's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,046
    Quote Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
    You misunderstand me. You are comparing one quest to another which are totally different in play to win the same strength ships. I agree that the stats on this quest are way off considering how HARD the battles are. I also agree that its wrong that players cannot upgrade the ship as they go along which means that the low/mid level players that work really hard to try may not get to upgrade the ship. So yeah they should be rewarded something for something.

    So for those who may think I have not considered all of the above, I have, if they change the stats on the ship to make it easier I personally wouldn't mind either. Not sure about other players. I have asked them to reconsider the stats for the ship keeping in mind that the strength of the pirate in this ship matches those of quest where we were awarded a 4000+ ship. Also keeping in mind that players cannot upgrade the ship as they go along. The efforts for some will be wasted, but I also know from experience that making easier could mean lower stats. That is why I said that asking for a very strong ship is unrealistic. This quest does not match the very strong ships, BUT the mistake is that they didn't allow the ability to upgrade the ship each level and that it should have been higher fully upgraded that it is now.

    We can agree to disagree with each other.
    Last time I promise! With this quest, the reason you can't upgrade as you go along is because you don't get the ship unless you defeat ALL 50 levels. If you only defeat 49 levels you get no ship at all. It's only when you defeat level 50 you get to build the ship.

    Whether the current reward ship should be upgraded to a higher level is kind of irrelevant. I'd rather make sure PG understand what they've done wrong this time in setting the opponent so high to start with. That just means lower players don't bother and surely a 3000 class ship should be achievable by the majority of players, not just the strongest.

    And even though I've already finished it, I'd be more than happy to see the stats lowered to make it easier for other players
    Player Name mrb386
    Proud member of the Cannonbll clan

  7. #32
    Longtime Tapper
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    556
    "And even though I've already finished it, I'd be more than happy to see the stats lowered to make it easier for other players"


    +1

  8. #33
    Zookeeper Battlesnake:)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Earth 🌎
    Posts
    866
    I must have worded that wrong. I meant that 4000+ boats aren't supposed to be easy. Yes this quests isn't easy, ( I'm not even done with it )but it's only a one round battle, I think 3000+ stats are reasonable. On the battles that have 3 rounds deserve a 4000+ boat. You have to fight 150 battles. This quests only 50! Yes they aren't easy but at least it doesn't require 150 battles.

    By the way if you are curious, I have 156 boats. I did not mean this quest is a walk in the park at all. I said quests that have a prize with 4000+ boat stats ARE NOT a walk in the park. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I don't have oodles of ships or rubies so I'm NOT cruising at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by keithme View Post
    Is this sarcasm? This IS a 3000 stat ship but meets your 4000 criteria of NOT a walk in the park...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Anyone who says this is a walk in the park already has oodles of 4000 ships and ignores the lower to middle players.
    Last edited by Battlesnake:); 09-15-15 at 02:19 PM.
    Happy retired member of thedarkangels!

  9. #34
    Zookeeper Battlesnake:)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Earth 🌎
    Posts
    866
    Quote Originally Posted by andyb386 View Post
    Last time I promise! With this quest, the reason you can't upgrade as you go along is because you don't get the ship unless you defeat ALL 50 levels. If you only defeat 49 levels you get no ship at all. It's only when you defeat level 50 you get to build the ship.

    Whether the current reward ship should be upgraded to a higher level is kind of irrelevant. I'd rather make sure PG understand what they've done wrong this time in setting the opponent so high to start with. That just means lower players don't bother and surely a 3000 class ship should be achievable by the majority of players, not just the strongest.

    And even though I've already finished it, I'd be more than happy to see the stats lowered to make it easier for other players
    Number to me matters just as much as strength. I'd rather have one set of really hard battles then 3 sets of 50 battles. I see your point about number not mattering but I'd rather just get it done then linger out 150 battles.
    Happy retired member of thedarkangels!

  10. #35
    Intrepid Explorer andyb386's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,046
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlesnake:) View Post
    Number to me matters just as much as strength. I'd rather have one set of really hard battles then 3 sets of 50 battles. I see your point about number not mattering but I'd rather just get it done then linger out 150 battles.
    But that's because you know you can finish it. I'm making the point on behalf of all those who can't.
    Player Name mrb386
    Proud member of the Cannonbll clan

  11. #36
    Longtime Tapper
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    556
    Quote Originally Posted by andyb386 View Post
    But that's because you know you can finish it. I'm making the point on behalf of all those who can't.


    and again..+1

  12. #37
    Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    23,961
    I think we all know that there are those who can't finish it. NO ONE is denying that, but the MISTAKES that have been made are in the logistics of the quest. The steps which in lament terms are a big boo boo. But its too late to change those. If they make the ship stronger, they will still struggle to meet those requirements. So they can just make them easier which means the stats stay the same or a bit stronger. I have no objections with PG lowering the requirements to defeat the awesome looking ship. So thats what I am going to scream softly over the ocean.

    Hope that works for everyone. If not please yell.


    "If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

  13. #38
    Zookeeper Battlesnake:)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Earth 🌎
    Posts
    866
    Quote Originally Posted by andyb386 View Post
    But that's because you know you can finish it. I'm making the point on behalf of all those who can't.
    That makes sense, fleet battles are tough. I struggle to finish them too. I only have 3 max fleet boats. When the fleets first started I majorly struggled. I did not even get the second round done. I have worked hard to earn up to getting boats. It's just the circle of game play. The better you get at the game the better prizes you will get... You can use rubies too big I don't like that approach. I get that some quests are hard then others, trust me I know. No longer than nearly 6 months ago I could barely score 300 points during a battle event
    Happy retired member of thedarkangels!

  14. #39
    Camp one ---> PG messed up because of A B C
    Camp two ---> PG messed up because of B C D
    Can't we all just agree PG is messed up? :-P
    Proud Mutineer Officer, Chief Sextant Handler and Young Snapper of Whips

  15. #40
    Active Member GingerP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by minitor2003 View Post
    camp one ---> pg messed up because of a b c
    camp two ---> pg messed up because of b c d
    can't we all just agree pg is messed up? :-p
    lol! +1
    Diyaandco Guild
    Game Center ID: !gingerp!

  16. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    55
    I agree with all the sentiments. Most of my guild feels the same way. I will try not to belabor the points except to add in my support for change.

    The prize ship doesn't match the effort
    The boosts from boost ships (great idea btw) are ridiculously inadequate to help
    It's clear by the previous day's ruby sale that PG wants to entice you to the finish by spending rubies because you know you will have wasted your time and resources if you don't finish
    The quest level cannon and hull prizes are also mismatched to the difficulty. If I have the resources to finish at this difficulty why would I need a small hull or cannon as a prize? Btw when did a 1930 cannon become super strong?

    I decided early not to waste my resources on this one and I'm glad. I'll play casually for keys and save my resources for a worthy prize. But even so these are becoming tedious and 'not fun' because of the difficulty.

  17. #42
    Member Mk2013's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    81
    +1. Very disappointed with this quest. I am able to beat this but most of the players in our guild can't. I was happy to see the return of the 1x50 ships because I thought FINALLY here is a ship some of the lower level players in our guild can win. This is how I managed to build up my fleet, with LVLD pirates & colour key ships, but if PG continues to increase the level of these ships beyond the reach of lower players they will just give up. What is there left for them to do in the game? Unless they want to spend oodles of cash, there is one cash quest a week. Very disappointed.

  18. #43
    Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    23,961
    Quote Originally Posted by Mk2013 View Post
    +1. Very disappointed with this quest. I am able to beat this but most of the players in our guild can't. I was happy to see the return of the 1x50 ships because I thought FINALLY here is a ship some of the lower level players in our guild can win. This is how I managed to build up my fleet, with LVLD pirates & colour key ships, but if PG continues to increase the level of these ships beyond the reach of lower players they will just give up. What is there left for them to do in the game? Unless they want to spend oodles of cash, there is one cash quest a week. Very disappointed.
    Very sorry to hear this.


    "If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

  19. #44
    I gave up at level 32, my strongest ship, full of equipment and with three geode bombs still needed 11 boosts (55rubies) to win. I've decided not to waste my ships and boosts when I know I won't even get to 40 yet alone 50. it would have been better if it were like previous quests and you got the shop & then battled to level it up cause then at least we all would have got a ship at some level.
    I got the dragon fleet just only managed to upgrade to 1862/1862 cause I ran out of time. Same with forest fleet but at least I got some reasonable ships instead of nothing.

  20. #45
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
    Very sorry to hear this.
    Would it be an option if that at the end of the event PG could pro rata the amount of rubies needed to get the ship? If a lower level player has struggled to get to level 40 it seems fair that they could pay a small sum to complete the quest whereas someone who reached level 30 could pay a bit more. We are often offered ships at end of quest for around 349 rubies but at least this way us lower level players can possibly increase our fleet instead of having nothing to show for our efforts?

  21. #46
    Longtime Tapper
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    England
    Posts
    443
    So battle 41 - best ship fully equipped - 33 repairs! Life is just too short to waste that much time on a virtual ship! Off to do my ironing

  22. #47
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    16
    I have worked hard to become what I thought was a decent mid level player. At battle 40 it took all my ships over 1000. That's over 20 ships with 2110 cannons and hull. Very disappointed that this is not a ship I will win. I am at the point that I won the last 30/30 battle ship with hard work. It's sad that this ship is not attainable. Just seems like the harder I work the less I get in reward.

  23. #48
    Crazy Caretaker Crazy Tapper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sunshine State, Oz
    Posts
    5,633
    Just for those who want to know. It took me 33 ships (3540/3450+) with 3 cannons (2110) to take it down in the last battle. When you include the time it takes to reload after crashing, which it did 4 times, it took over an hour to do. And this is for just one win. That's a lot of work for pixels.
    There is no fairness or consistency in TPC; so just because you have it in your cove, it may not be the case for everyone. And just because everyone else has it, doesn't mean you will. Except crashing, everybody has crashing!

  24. #49
    Zookeeper Battlesnake:)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Earth 🌎
    Posts
    866
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Tapper View Post
    Just for those who want to know. It took me 33 ships (3540/3450+) with 3 cannons (2110) to take it down in the last battle. When you include the time it takes to reload after crashing, which it did 4 times, it took over an hour to do. And this is for just one win. That's a lot of work for pixels.
    Yea these battles are tough! I take back my statement! This boat is worth a low 4000s stats. It's hard! Still doable of course. I do quick fights and they still take awhile
    Happy retired member of thedarkangels!

  25. #50
    Crazy Caretaker Crazy Tapper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sunshine State, Oz
    Posts
    5,633
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlesnake:) View Post
    Yea these battles are tough! I take back my statement! This boat is worth a low 4000s stats. It's hard! Still doable of course. I do quick fights and they still take awhile
    All my battles, after 40, were with quick fight. Although it does make it quicker, it still takes a long, tedious time.
    There is no fairness or consistency in TPC; so just because you have it in your cove, it may not be the case for everyone. And just because everyone else has it, doesn't mean you will. Except crashing, everybody has crashing!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •