Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling out a cheater

Calling out a cheater

Got the photos to prove. Nearly 500 pts. In 30 minutes. 966 pts. in whole time event. We will be moving to a full ticket to PG tomorrow. Here's the photo at the 30 min. mark. Good luck explaining that.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 852
Size:  97.4 KB

Intrepid Explorer
    Actually it's very easy to explain. I've seen those amounts and more and I know those folks were not cheating. What it takes is a lot of rubies as well as some banners or at least one of the 4x type banner.

Not saying that the person in the screenshot is legit, just that I've seen those numbers from non-cheaters.

Thanks dLoww

Quote Originally Posted by dLoww View Post
    Actually it's very easy to explain. I've seen those amounts and more and I know those folks were not cheating. What it takes is a lot of rubies as well as some banners or at least one of the 4x type banner.

Not saying that the person in the screenshot is legit, just that I've seen those numbers from non-cheaters.
    I'm sure they are out there, but that particular player was way out there by themselves. Looks pretty suspicious. Besides, that type of lopsided win is a huge misprogramming on the algorithm of PG's part. There should at least be a chance even if you have to waste all your rubies to do it. That was just indiscriminate, if that was the case.

Longtime Tapper
    Quote Originally Posted by kanocain View Post
    Besides, that type of lopsided win is a huge misprogramming on the algorithm of PG's part. There should at least be a chance even if you have to waste all your rubies to do it. That was just indiscriminate, if that was the case.
    I'm afraid that is how this game works. We learn to live with it - and hope that sometimes it works in our favour too

We have seen a lot of this this event.
    One person at the top of a guild with 700 or more points.
    So they must be getting a lot of banners and using a lot of rubies while we are seeing none or few banners. Not sure how it works but I am one who wanted no banners and no bonus rounds for true head to head fighting. Unfortunately, that does not make enough money for PG.
    So be careful with the cheat accusations. Just send your questions to PG if you suspect it.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

Quote Originally Posted by dLoww View Post

Also, we're on the same board. You have to also realize that, although you are in a match with them and that number seems excessive, they aren't really battling you! They are battling us for the top of the board. When you are at the top you throw down the numbers, if you have the rubies and ships, to stay there! I know it's disconcerting. That number is entirely possible doing ruby repair with a banner or two.
    Underwonder
    Leader of Flashpoint

How does RedRumOneR from CrazyCanucks get over 1500 points before banners were turned on in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by NancyB View Post
    How does RedRumOneR from CrazyCanucks get over 1500 points before banners were turned on in the game?
    See Addicted4Life's response in the main Guild Quest thread as he is the player you are referring to. It's possible with a massive ruby spend and a fast device.
    Underwonder
    Leader of Flashpoint

Quote Originally Posted by Underwonder View Post
    See Addicted4Life's response in the main Guild Quest thread as he is the player you are referring to. It's possible with a massive ruby spend and a fast device.
    I don't think so. No matter how fast the device is, the max playing the straight strategic button, then hitting yes would not yield a score over 1,200 without banners and assuming the game never crashed during the entire hour.

Quote Originally Posted by NancyB View Post
    Its possible, and the final point total was higher. If you dig into the science of the game there are a lot aspects that anyone can legitimately taken advantage. To find them you have play a lot and be aware of the patterns that emerge. You also have a large stash of rubies which the player in question does.

I don't care if you believe it. Previous to the changes PG have made, it was relatively easy to be suspicious of someone cheating, now it is not. In the current game environment you have to be very careful about labelling someone a cheater because you run the risk of being very wrong. If you are suspicious report it and let PG figure it out as they are the only ones that can actually determine if it true.

I am assuming NancyB is from CoastBusters as this is the team we defeated handily when RedrumoneR went on his personal quest of seeing how high he could go. My only comment to you is that when your team was first put together I swore you guys were all cheating since you did a lot of winning. Now that I have learned a few things I suspect you were not cheating at all, I just did not know how it was done.
    FiveThumbs
    CrazyCanucks

Longtime Tapper
    Five thumbs as far as I'm aware Nancy is not in our crew. She may be a friend of one our our players.

I calculated that run cost around 860 dollars. Can you guarantee they were bought legitimately and not glitched or obtained through the other unpaid for means I put in my pm?

Ps no we don't cheat we are just a highly active crew who all work together and pull our weight consistently. We would not start a thread highlighting how cheats were taking advantage of loopholes in the game if we were taking advantage of them ourselves.
    Last edited by Stumack; 07-18-15 at 09:17 AM.

Intrepid Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumack View Post
    Five thumbs as far as I'm aware Nancy is not in our crew. She may be a friend of one our our players.

I calculated that run cost around 860 dollars. Can you guarantee they were bought legitimately and not glitched or obtained through the other unpaid for means I put in my pm?

Ps no we don't cheat we are just a highly active crew who all work together and pull our weight consistently. We would not start a thread highlighting how cheats were taking advantage of loopholes in the game if we were taking advantage of them ourselves.
    There are a number of legitimate ways you can obtain rubies without paying. Just takes time.

Longtime Tapper
    I don't disagree dloww but it's also possible this is a result of the flawed update. I just don't see why anyone would blow 860 dollars of rubies in that way for what looks like a canon...

Intrepid Explorer
    I don't disagree dloww but it's also possible this is a result of the flawed update. I just don't see why anyone would blow 860 dollars of rubies in that way for what looks like a canon...
    There are many wealthy people out there where that kind of money is nothing. I've heard of folks blowing 10k on games like it was nothing.

Longtime Tapper
    Dloww there are also other ways that this has more likely been achieved. See my DM.

I am a high rate taxpayer. I would not blow 860 dollars on one round of a game. If this player has he can of course post the itunes receipts. And I will of course apologise. But what this has done is put out there that yet again some players now have access to unlimited free rubies whilst others have to pay for them legitimately.

It is time to stop the glitches...

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Ok lets just get it out, many players have got quadrillions to spin, I can't see the hoo haa from the update still flowing though I am sorry that some players are locked out even though some players have found a way back in. So we are seeing players who are scoring really high. Though I am not clear if the 1600 is with or without bonus banners, but without banners it seems very unrealistic even on a iphone because there is no point even giving you a because. With banners, work it out people how many points you would require a minute. Thats a lot of banners.. anyhow I am sure PG will work it out so let them and stop bickering.

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

Longtime Tapper
    There were no banners at that stage DA they didn't kick in until the normal start time.

No one is saying that you can't score 1634 wins. What I am saying is would anyone spend 860 dollars at least or their own real money to do so. Or has a glitch in the programming being used yet again for an unfair advantage.
    Perhaps the crew involved can clear this up and provide proof.

And come On PG it is time to close this latest unfair glitch which is undermining the credibility of your game.

Unlimited free rubies for some is simply not on...

There were no banners at that stage DA they didn't kick in until the normal start time.

No one is saying that you can't score 1634 wins. What I am saying is would anyone spend 860 dollars at least or their own real money to do so. Or has a glitch in the programming being used yet again for an unfair advantage.
    Perhaps the crew involved can clear this up and provide proof.

And come On PG it is time to close this latest unfair glitch which is undermining the credibility of your game.

Unlimited free rubies for some is simply not on...
    I don't know when banners were in game, I have played just one match at night. I think my sister tried one. But the crew or player does not actually have to provide proof to you, me or the forum unless they want too. They will of course may have to to PG so just leave it at that.

I think PG made a mistake not pulling the update for good.

Longtime Tapper
    I don't think there is any proof to provide. But we have put out there yet again that people are playing in this event with an unfair advantage. Like you say I hope it won't be long until normal order is restored and perhaps PG could rename this prize as the Glitch Ship...

It's just really depressing that with all the good work going on - and that has gone on - to close the ways people can gain an unfair advantage that this has happened...

Glitch ship...love it.

Longtime Tapper
    It could have "Won with FREE rubies" inscribed on the helm and a pile of dirty money as the figurehead
    Last edited by Stumack; 07-18-15 at 09:59 AM.

Stumack (and others), you need to be careful with your assumptions. For instance, I made a strategic decision to not level up in my game so my mermaid spin cost was low. I managed to amass LOTS of rubies even before the gazillion $ update. I also decided not to push too hard in VS until the prize ship stats was above 5K. This VS the ship stats were good and we ended up in a favorable bracket - so I am pushing pretty hard and using my ruby stash in the process.

My point is that there are many different circumstances and strategies players can employ that have nothing to do with cheating. Just because you are not in that particular situation, don't assume the player is not playing fairly. Also, it is kind of arrogant for you to demand that a player provide you any justification of how they are playing.
    Last edited by Wold spar; 07-18-15 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wold spar View Post
    Stumack (and others), you need to be careful with your assumptions. For instance, I made a strategic decision to not level up in my game so my mermaid spin cost was low. I managed to amass LOTS of rubies even before the gazillion $ update. I also decided not to push too hard in VS until the prize ship stats was above 5K. This VS the ship stats were good and we ended up in a favorable bracket - so I am pushing pretty hard and using my ruby stash in the process.

My point is that there are many different circumstances and strategies players can employ that have nothing to do with cheating. Just because you are not in that particular situation, don't assume the player is not playing fairly. Also, it is kind of arrogant for you to demand that a player provide you any justification of how they are playing.
    Yes
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

Intrepid Explorer
    It could have "Won with FREE rubies" inscribed on the helm and a pile of dirty money as the figurehead
    I said this in another thread but I will post it here as well:

Let me add my own point of view on the matter.

Many many months ago I realized that leveling up had no benefits in the game. Everything increased in cost while some aspects of the game remained the same (like the merchant payout). Back then I was very vocal to PG that the merchants should give out more coins as you level up. Nothing happened so I made the hard decision of restarting my game so I could remain low level. I did this after consulting with PG and with their help on resetting. All this happened many many months before the gazillion update. I am still low level in the game and don't plan on leveling up. Being very low level allows certain aspects of the game to be very cheap like the mermaid spins (did you know that you can start spinning mermaids at level 6 with a cost of like less than a thousand coins?)

So before you start accusing folks, perhaps first understand that there are different strategies that you can employ in the game without it being considered cheating.

As other players pointed out, you can get a lot of rubies at low level. I'm only at level 24 but in the last 2 years I managed to acumulate a large amount of rubies and 47 ruby decos. For instance, with my daily coins income I can get 50-60 rubies with Kelp Forest. Nevertheless, is easy to complete the color keys quest al low level.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast