Thread: "Cleaning"??

"Cleaning"??

Just tried to open SP and under the icon it said " cleaning". Did a hard shutdown , got back in but all the areas have gone, anyone else have this happen ?? Never had it before am totally stumped!! Could someone tell me what it means .

Anna, I have never had it happen with the SP app but have experienced this with other apps, often a few at the same time. I totally freaked out the first time it happened....I did some digging and found out that when the available GB gets really low this can occur. It seems like someone in the forum at one time had it happen with SP and it took a while for areas to come back...

Thanks salmo23, it totally freaked me out too!! Decided to leave well alone after I posted but will try and open it again and see what happens !!

My apps worked normally after the " cleaning" but with SP, well, who knows...good luck...

I don't remember mine saying "cleaning." But about six months ago all of my areas disappeared. I deleted some things off my iPad, and all of the areas came back eventually. Unfortunately, every time I searched an area for the first time after that, I needed to be connected to the Internet again. Good luck!
    Level 117

Well I took the plunge and everything eventually came back !!! Thankyou both for your help .

whew!!
    STILL WAITING FOR SOME COS GROVE
    v2.97-446,0; HPZM7RJFRG; iPad2 15GB iOS 8.1.1 (12B435); lv116
    my SP hang-ups: sticky power-ups, 'lost progress' crashes, limitless ore
    wishlist: trading shelf in cos / epoch, ability to pause a craft

I have had the same thing happen to me at least 2 times but I didn't notice "cleaning" anywhere. The last time was about a month ago. I had a lot of photos on my iPhone and the game was about 4.5 gig. My memory was full so I moved some of my photos so I could take more. Within a week the game completely filled the memory again at 6.5 gig. I had enough, that empty space was for baby pictures not the game. I backed up the game and deleted it despite the warnings I may never recover it. I didn't care at that point. I reloaded it and it has been behaving since.
    On the positive side you can now easily delete the unusable relics from your backpack. Here's how: start by going to your backpack and letting all the icons load. When you open a site it will start to load the relics for that site. If you see one that has already loaded you know you need to delete it. It is easier than dr T's list.
    I restarted before all the cool kids!
    10 anvils 82 seedlings