Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 66

Thread: I'm fighting Immortals every 4 hours now!

  1. #1
    Longtime Tapper
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    near Raleigh, North Carolina
    Posts
    539

    Exclamation I'm fighting Immortals every 4 hours now!

    Well.... not literally the Immortals by name, but a pirate whose middle name may as well be Immortals.

    I've been torn as to whether to post this or not, because we all know things can change at anytime with the game, like the way Immortals was pulled from game recently and now doesn't seem to appear very often for everyone.

    But I've been feeling so guilty since I found this, that I just have to post it, because it has made such a difference in my game since he suddenly appeared in my Pirate pull down list 6 days ago ( and I think I know what triggered it, but I'm not 100 percent sure).

    Check it out, I call him: THOMAS "IMMORTALS" CAVENDISH


    Name:  Cavendish1.jpg
Views: 2474
Size:  21.1 KBName:  Cavendish2.jpg
Views: 2530
Size:  21.1 KB


    His Attack/Defense is 382/382, while the Immortals is 375/360. So Thomas is a hair stronger.

    His rewards, are either the same or possibly slightly better. I've gotten anywhere between 118 and 160 sapphires plus 0-3 Emeralds.

    But the best part is -- he comes back to my pirate list exactly 4 hours after I defeat him -- around the clock for the last 6 days since he first appeared.

    I have been upgrading my sapphire merchants and ships left and right, finished the Cattle Ranch quest quickly (which involved upgrading the Cattle Ranch to Tier 3 at more than 200 sapphires per click), and the Pumpkin quest in less than 24 hours (which again involved upgrading the Pumpkin Farm sapphire merchant).

    Just had to share it with everyone who looks forward to fighting the Immortals as much as I do. I'm thinking he's going to disappear for me at some point to be replaced by even stronger pirates that pay out in Emeralds and/or Black Pearls. So I'm definitely trying to have my way with him as often as possible now.

    He is interfering with my sleep tho! I have to pull the covers up over my Iphone and my head (so I don't wake my husband up) when I wake up in the middle of the night and realize it's been at least 4 hours since the last time I fought him.

  2. #2
    Zookeeper
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    862
    @hibiscus - I just want you to know that I HATE you!


  3. #3
    How about a screenshot of its location!

  4. #4
    Longtime Tapper
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    near Raleigh, North Carolina
    Posts
    539
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
    @hibiscus - I just want you to know that I HATE you!
    LOL. Well, Marcus I was thinking about you. I thought this might just make it a little more palatable for you to level up!
    Because he came on my list when I went to level 30 and started the build on the Emerald Queen.

    I'm not sure 100 percent sure which one -- but I think it was the building of the Emerald Queen. One hour into the 16 hour build I saw him on my list for the first time.

    And I was thinking -- Dang I wish I had that Dreadnaught!!!!

    Awful hard to fight the Immortals every 4 hours!

  5. #5
    Longtime Tapper
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    near Raleigh, North Carolina
    Posts
    539
    Oh and on top of that, I still have gotten the Immortals every 72 hours, so there have been two different times that I've had to fight Cavendish, fight Immortals and then fight Cavendish again in a 4 hour period.

    Had to use a few rubies to expedite my Battleship's repairs, because I just didn't wanna give up bringing in about 400 sapphires and 3 or 4 emeralds in a 4 hour period.

  6. #6
    Longtime Tapper schroep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    754
    L22 ... I haven't seen him yet. I'm jealous ... nice hauls.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

  7. #7
    Zookeeper
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    862
    Quote Originally Posted by hibiscus View Post
    LOL. Well, Marcus I was thinking about you. I thought this might just make it a little more palatable for you to level up!
    Because he came on my list when I went to level 30 and started the build on the Emerald Queen.

    I'm not sure 100 percent sure which one -- but I think it was the building of the Emerald Queen. One hour into the 16 hour build I saw him on my list for the first time.

    And I was thinking -- Dang I wish I had that Dreadnaught!!!!

    Awful hard to fight the Immortals every 4 hours!
    Aw ... You poor thing!!

    I'm at L22, and stuck like chuck with the ..ahem.. the Fickle Fletcher, and his whopping 10 sapphires. Woopeeee!!

    And my Dreadnought is chompin at the bit, so NO!!! You can't have him!!! ;D

  8. #8
    Zookeeper
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    862
    Oh! And BTW hibiscus, if you're gonna end up paying rubies for repairs so you can keep this "awful" schedule of yours, you might as well fork up the rubies and get your own Dreadnought. At your level, you can max tier him out of the gate, and his repair cost is only a half mil at 6 hours. So I'd bite the bullet, and get the thing if I was you. You got a good thing going so you might as well take it to the house.

  9. #9
    I just wish I had all these perks. I refuse to buy any rubies, so I only have 2 ruby houses and no other ruby merchants so I don't make very much revenue on a daily basis. I am still at level 43 though, but I don't have as much as everyone else. I only have about $65,000,000 in revenue and it ususally only lets me send out my top three ships (Emerald Queen, Richards Battleship, and Robert Galleon) twice a day. I have to only do a medium voyage on the Battleship and Galleon and a short voyage on Emerald Queen. Sometimes I don't have enough to send out the Emerald Queen a second time in the day. I don't get any of the good pirates to battle so I don't bother keeping any ships to fight with. Immortals shows up very rarely and Thomas Cavendish isn't in my list either. Immortals takes Hind and Battleship to beat so he's pretty costly as then I don't have a ship to send on a voyage. (all my ships fully upgraded) Most of the pirates in my menu are so hard to beat I don't fight them or they have no return cause they are way to easy to beat. I don't think I played this game correctly to start out with and now I am just stuck and cannot upgrade merchants anymore as never get pearls and emeralds so seldom that the ones needed to upgrade the Lamp Post Merchant will never be collected.

  10. #10
    Zookeeper
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    862
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamper2009 View Post
    I just wish I had all these perks. I refuse to buy any rubies, so I only have 2 ruby houses and no other ruby merchants so I don't make very much revenue on a daily basis. I am still at level 43 though, but I don't have as much as everyone else. I only have about $65,000,000 in revenue and it ususally only lets me send out my top three ships (Emerald Queen, Richards Battleship, and Robert Galleon) twice a day. I have to only do a medium voyage on the Battleship and Galleon and a short voyage on Emerald Queen. Sometimes I don't have enough to send out the Emerald Queen a second time in the day. I don't get any of the good pirates to battle so I don't bother keeping any ships to fight with. Immortals shows up very rarely and Thomas Cavendish isn't in my list either. Immortals takes Hind and Battleship to beat so he's pretty costly as then I don't have a ship to send on a voyage. (all my ships fully upgraded) Most of the pirates in my menu are so hard to beat I don't fight them or they have no return cause they are way to easy to beat. I don't think I played this game correctly to start out with and now I am just stuck and cannot upgrade merchants anymore as never get pearls and emeralds so seldom that the ones needed to upgrade the Lamp Post Merchant will never be collected.
    Stamper, for you to take this game all the way to L43, and not spend any rubies is ADMIRABLE. Don't stop now! Take it all the way to 50. You'll be proud that you did.

  11. #11
    Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    23,717
    Cavendish appeared in my game for a few days way way way way way way way way... what was i saying.. yeah way back some earlier level (when the wanted list first started in my game) then went. I wouldn't mind if it appeared again but no worries if it don't either as i don't expect it too as those at my level are more powerful.. and Stamper i think you might find those in your list will be a lot more powerful too.
    Last edited by darkangel; 09-05-12 at 06:19 AM.


    "If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    South Carolina for now
    Posts
    141
    Stamper 2009 - I will look forward to following you to see if you get to 50 without purchasing any rubies. I am on 23 and my goal is to get to 50 without spending any money. I know I will miss a few quests (especially considering those blasted mer-idiots NEVER give me rubies and I didn't load up in the early levels) but my stubborn streak will probably prevail. If I am able to pull it off, I will reward PG with a few dollars and play like a rich kid for several days!

  13. #13
    Where does Cavendish appear anyways??

  14. #14
    Longtime Tapper
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    near Raleigh, North Carolina
    Posts
    539
    Quote Originally Posted by caver9999 View Post
    Where does Cavendish appear anyways??
    He appeared for me under the double crossed pirate swords. I had reached level 30 and after quite a few hours I had enough gold coins and started the build on the Emerald Queen.

    About an hour into that build I noticed 3 new pirates in my "double crossed sword" list. I like to use Christopher Sailboat as my reconnaissance spy, and send him in to check out pirate stength at low cost -- I test out every pirate/player/friend on my list once and see if there's anyone I need to remember. I can then scope out the Attack/Defense rating.

    Thomas Cavendish was definitely one I wanted to remember.
    Last edited by hibiscus; 09-04-12 at 05:15 PM.

  15. #15
    Many Thanks!!

  16. #16
    Hibiscus, thanks for the info! Immortals no longer show up so am glad to know this. May I ask which ships you use to defeat him so as to not get damage on the expensive to repair battleships? It took about 5 ships at max tiers before I dared to fight with Richard's battleship which I managed to finish him with one shot and no damage to my battleship.

  17. #17
    Longtime Tapper
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    near Raleigh, North Carolina
    Posts
    539
    Quote Originally Posted by mathildam View Post
    Hibiscus, thanks for the info! Immortals no longer show up so am glad to know this. May I ask which ships you use to defeat him so as to not get damage on the expensive to repair battleships? It took about 5 ships at max tiers before I dared to fight with Richard's battleship which I managed to finish him with one shot and no damage to my battleship.
    Hi Mathildam! I am still upgrading my ships, so not sure of my ultimate strategy, but I have found that I can often defeat Cavendish with Tier 8 Richard (and occasionally use Emerald Queen as backup) for about 1 million gold coins. I only bring Emerald Queen in -- even at first tier -- if Cavendish's red zone is about half it's maximium size. At that point I know my Tier 1 Emerald Queen will beat him.
    I have also used Galleon -- who is finally maximized with a maximized Golden Hind and/or Frigate and then been able to one-off with first Tier Emerald Queen. Again only if the red zone left on Cavendish is about half it's maximum or less.
    I also have used maximized Parker and every other ship I can throw out at until if I can get him down to a small red zone -- then throw my Tier one Emerald Queen at him as well.
    Being as I wish to fight him at every 4 hour interval, I've had to develop many different strategies. But all of them far and away beat the costs of the voyages as far as I am concerned!!

    Also I've been keeping my Emerald Queen at Tier one purposely, although it would be so easy to upgrade it and help me out so much in one-offing Cavendish in the end -- because I just don't want to do anything that will initiate him disappearing from my list until I am ready for him to disappear from my list, lol!!

  18. #18
    Longtime Tapper
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    430
    I've been discovering that the strength vs payout shown for each of the ships in battle list are pretty accurate now. I got 137s beating Cavendish today and then later got 139 beating a player # ship. Both had 3/3. A few days ago I got 8 emeralds by beating a 5/5. So after my ships have repaired I hope to find a 4/4 to see what the loot will be for that ship. I stay away from the ones where the risk is greater than the reward (unlike most on wall street). This way you have several to choose from and don't have to wait for one particular ship to show up. Sometimes I can shuffle the deck by closing out and returning several times.

  19. #19
    Longtime Tapper
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    430
    And I agree whole-heartedly that this strategy is far less expensive than sending Galleon on multi million dollar trips for less loot. If a ship that shows up on my shore can't give me these returns I bribe it away for pennies. I think that at certain levels sending ships on voyages is the only way to go, but at this point for me (level 31 I think) this works better. This too may change!

  20. #20
    Intrepid Explorer
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,217
    Very nice tip, hibiscus. Thanks very much for sharing.

  21. #21
    Longtime Tapper
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    near Raleigh, North Carolina
    Posts
    539
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamper2009 View Post
    I just wish I had all these perks. I refuse to buy any rubies, so I only have 2 ruby houses and no other ruby merchants so I don't make very much revenue on a daily basis. I am still at level 43 though, but I don't have as much as everyone else. I only have about $65,000,000 in revenue and it ususally only lets me send out my top three ships (Emerald Queen, Richards Battleship, and Robert Galleon) twice a day. I have to only do a medium voyage on the Battleship and Galleon and a short voyage on Emerald Queen. Sometimes I don't have enough to send out the Emerald Queen a second time in the day. I don't get any of the good pirates to battle so I don't bother keeping any ships to fight with. Immortals shows up very rarely and Thomas Cavendish isn't in my list either. Immortals takes Hind and Battleship to beat so he's pretty costly as then I don't have a ship to send on a voyage. (all my ships fully upgraded) Most of the pirates in my menu are so hard to beat I don't fight them or they have no return cause they are way to easy to beat. I don't think I played this game correctly to start out with and now I am just stuck and cannot upgrade merchants anymore as never get pearls and emeralds so seldom that the ones needed to upgrade the Lamp Post Merchant will never be collected.
    It sounds like you are missing a lot of coin merchants Stamper. You are 12 levels above me, but your income is more than 20 million less than mine. The level 31 merchant I just purchased brings in an additional 12.5 million per day and that alone would add another 20 percent to your daily income. But at level 43, the merchants unlocked to you would bring in many, many more times the revenue than that.

    I would strongly suggest stopping your voyages and focusing on getting at least some of the coin merchants that are already unlocked to you. Even if it means you have to buy the required number of houses, start with the ones you can get right away and move on to the one you have to buy 3 houses for. Your income should quickly increase.

    I see you have bought a few ruby houses, but in my opinion they are pretty much a rip-off. I haven't bought any ruby houses, or ruby ships, but I have bought a few ruby merchants. I'm even re-thinking that, because they so quickly become meaningless when you advance a few more levels and acquire the newly unlocked, much higher-paying coin merchants. They are good if you are feeling stuck in a place though.

  22. #22
    Longtime Tapper
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    near Raleigh, North Carolina
    Posts
    539
    Quote Originally Posted by Poohbear View Post
    I've been discovering that the strength vs payout shown for each of the ships in battle list are pretty accurate now. I got 137s beating Cavendish today and then later got 139 beating a player # ship. Both had 3/3. A few days ago I got 8 emeralds by beating a 5/5. So after my ships have repaired I hope to find a 4/4 to see what the loot will be for that ship. I stay away from the ones where the risk is greater than the reward (unlike most on wall street). This way you have several to choose from and don't have to wait for one particular ship to show up. Sometimes I can shuffle the deck by closing out and returning several times.
    Ah, good point Poohbear.

    I've just basically ignored the skull/crossbones in the Wanted List because it always seemed meaningless to me. But in taking a new look at it because you pointed it out, I see it is much more meaningful now.

    I think tonight I'll take out Cavendish, and then take your advice and find another pirate/player or two to defeat. Wreck all my boats at once (except the Emerald Queen of course), let them all repair overnight and get a good night's sleep for once.

    I'm interested to hear what you get back from the 4/4, and the name too, if you remember it.

  23. #23
    Longtime Tapper
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    near Raleigh, North Carolina
    Posts
    539
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie View Post
    Very nice tip, hibiscus. Thanks very much for sharing.
    You're very welcome Aussie!

    If I remember correctly you are right around or just above my level. Is Cavendish in your Wanted List? I sure hope so!

  24. #24
    Intrepid Explorer
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,146
    yup, cavendish will appear on certain level and dissapear on certain level.
    if i am not wrong, level 42 or 43 is when the cavendish is dissapear, running with his pants off lol

  25. #25
    Longtime Tapper
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    near Raleigh, North Carolina
    Posts
    539
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
    Aw ... You poor thing!!

    I'm at L22, and stuck like chuck with the ..ahem.. the Fickle Fletcher, and his whopping 10 sapphires. Woopeeee!!

    And my Dreadnought is chompin at the bit, so NO!!! You can't have him!!! ;D
    Oh, btw, if your group of pirates has Fickle Fletcher -- do you also have Killer Kenneth? His stats were 257/257 while Fletcher's were 235/235. But Kenneth usually paid 20 - 30 sapphires. He was my pirate of choice a little while ago.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •