Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pirate strength and Reward

Pirate strength and Reward

Please note that these are approx. values and not actual values. They are based on what I have received from battles. The main gem reward will decrease if a secondry gem is given after winning. I am only recording down the main gem reward as the secondry is not always given. Again, the reward will vary depending on the power of your ship and indeed the power of your " kill " shot.

Please feel free to post on here if you think any details are very far out or any other pirates that I haven't recorded yet.

Barnacle Betty

Strength = < 500 Reward = 7 pearls ............................................. 1 attack / 1 defence

Pillaging Paul

Strength = < 500 Reward = 11 pearls ...........................................3 attack / 2 defence

Terrible Thomas

Strength = < 475 Reward = 17 pearls ...........................................8 attack / 7 defence

The Gorgon

Strength = < 500 Reward = 25 pearls ...........................................13 attack / 15 defence

Sal

Strength = < 1000 Reward = 25 pearls ..........................................30 attack / 30 defence

The Clown

Strength = < 1000 Reward = 27 pearls .......................................... 33 attack / 33 defence

Cursed Kathy

Strength = 1500 Reward = 28 pearls ...........................................14 attack / 12 defence

Black John

Strength = < 1200 Reward = 96 pearls ..........................................39 attack / 41 defence

Serpant

Strength = < 1100 Reward = 122 pearls ........................................45 attack / 38 defence

Sly Sam

Strength = < 2600 Reward = 128 pearls .........................................38 attack / 45 defence

Silver Shark

Strength = < 1400 Reward = 275 pearls .........................................45 attack / 40 defence

The Silent Scourge

Strength = 2500 Reward = 524 pearls .........................................100 attack / 82 defence

Ilian

Strength = 4300 Reward = 3 sapphires .......................................145 attack / 150 defence

Red Hammer

Strength = < 5200 Reward = 6 sapphires .......................................185 attack / 180 defence

The Immortals

Strength = 11,000 Reward = 130 sapphires .................................375 attack / 360 defence

Dread Pirate Randall

Strength = 23,000 Reward = 93 sapphires ...................................780 attack / 760 defence

Thanks to all who have contributed in helping me compile this list. It's not all my own work!
    Last edited by daddio1980; 08-23-12 at 10:39 AM.
    I love PG if I get the quest and its not a ruby one.

Longtime Tapper
    Great info Daddio!!

Immortals -- Strength = 11,000 Reward 130 sapphires + 1 emerald

Barnacle Betty Strength < 500. Reward 7 pearls

I'll post more later.

Sorority Superstar BlackCatLady's Avatar
    Sorry, don't have the strengths but have record of returns from:
    Black John = 96 to 99 pearls
    Sly Sam = 128 to 136 pearls plus on one out of four battles additional 1 sapphire
    Cursed Kathy = 28pearls
    Sal (who used to come 4or 5 times a day but not been seen for a while now) =18 to 36 pearls

Will record strengths if they come back to my game
    A cat leaves paw prints on your heart.

GC ID: BLACKCATLADY! - TPC (no longer playing but have not deleted my game!) & TZ
    Tribez & Castlez - 56bcia / BlackCatLady

Will add when I get on my pc. Thanks guys.

Kathy - 18pearls, 14 swords, 12 shields.

GC ID: BLACKCATLADY! - TPC (no longer playing but have not deleted my game!) & TZ

Longtime Tapper
    Do you want the attack/defense numbers too, or just what you are calling strength?

I've found it takes about 1200 cannonball power, "strength" whatever you want to call it to defeat Black John.
    Attack/Defense is 39/41. And I agree with BlackCatLady, I have 98 pearls for him.

Serpent: 1200 strength, Attack/Defense =45/38, gives about 122 pearls.

Silver Shark: 1400 strength, Attack/Defense = 45/40, Reward: 275 pearls, sometimes a sapphire too.

Great way to know how much you need to knock out of a pirate before you go in there with your best gun to one-off it!

Also have a record of 26 pearls for Diabolus. Do you want min/max amounts for any pirates?

Hi, all, I am still confused by word strength, it seems to me no matter when I attack it cost a 1500 to 3500 gold coins? Am I missing something? I will try to look more closely the next time but always thought the better the shot, the more gold it cost.

Longtime Tapper
    Quote Originally Posted by Chard1970 View Post
    Hi, all, I am still confused by word strength, it seems to me no matter when I attack it cost a 1500 to 3500 gold coins? Am I missing something? I will try to look more closely the next time but always thought the better the shot, the more gold it cost.
    Those numbers coming out of the pirate ship aren't costs of gold coins -- they are how much damage you are doing to the ship with each of your shots.

For example, when I shoot with my Battleship at Tier 8 it causes anywhere from 2000 to 3000 in damage if I get off a decent shot.

My Frigate -- I forget what tier it's at -- around 6 or so -- causes about 700 in damage with each decent shot.

I just keep track mentally of how much damage I am giving to a pirate with each shot.

So, for example, in my game I can take out Barnacle Betty (strength less than 500) with my Frigate without having to worry that she'll get a shot back at me.
    Also in my game I feel pretty safe trying to one-off any pirate whose strength is less than 1800 or so with my Battleship throwing out at the very least 2000 in a decent shot. But -- and I learned the hard way -- that Silent Scourge at strength of 2500 -- as Daddio has listed and I have exactly the same number (now) in my notes -- is not a sure bet for me with my battleship at it's present tier. I now ALWAYS send Beth in first -- cheap repair costs and short amount of time -- and then because I've taken out enough of Scourge's strength -- follow up with the sure thing with Richard Battleship.

Oh and I've been keeping track of this "strength" myself just recently -- and it seems to be roughly a multiplier of 30 times the Attack/Defense number.
    Last edited by hibiscus; 08-18-12 at 04:21 PM.

Sorority Superstar
    I can see I am going to have to be more scientific about this....

This is good guys, I will add the Attack/defence to each pirate to then. It would be good if there was a formula that appears. Please remember that these a NOT exact values and I will not be held responsible for loss of damage to one of your ships!! Lol. Yes I am calling the strength the amount of points it takes to kill a pirate. Battle points is another way of explaining it ( final fantasy )

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCatLady View Post
    Also have a record of 26 pearls for Diabolus. Do you want min/max amounts for any pirates?
    yes please, any info would be great, i will update regulary

Kathy - strength 1500 approx - 25 pearls
    Paul - attack = 3, defence = 2

Thanks black cat, does anyone have any of the other missing info for me to fill in ?

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by daddio1980 View Post
    Thanks black cat, does anyone have any of the other missing info for me to fill in ?
    Yes I do ...it's on my first post...

https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...strategies-etc

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

Your ever so kind angel cake. X

Longtime Tapper
    @Daddio, I have estimated strengths for Black John, Serpent and Silver Shark in post number 6 of this thread.
    I see Serpent has been added in with strength of <1000, I'm pretty confident he's higher than that.

Quote Originally Posted by hibiscus View Post
    @Daddio, I have estimated strengths for Black John, Serpent and Silver Shark in post number 6 of this thread.
    I see Serpent has been added in with strength of <1000, I'm pretty confident he's higher than that.
    In my data sheet he has 950 health.. so <1000 seems pretty fine to me

Longtime Tapper
    Quote Originally Posted by Neshio View Post
    In my data sheet he has 950 health.. so <1000 seems pretty fine to me
    Lol, okay Neshio, maybe Daddio should go with = 1000, as a rounding up compromise? I do know he's considerably stronger than the bulk of the pirates listed as < 1000. Just didn't want anyone at a lower level with low strength ships thinking he was along the same lines as Terrible Thomas or the Clown for example.

Zookeeper
    Forgive me for being a little slow, as I'm still confused on this "strength number" thing. Is this something that refers to the pirates bar that turns from green to red after you hit him enough times? I don't get how you calculate a number.

Thank you for starting this...greatly appreciated! I had started one the day before the merchant collection change, and didn't finish it, but I HAD collected some numbers that might be helpful...

Barnacled Betty: attack 1 / defence 1 (spelled YOUR way...we Americans have screwed up proper British English! LOL)
    But my rewards when attacking her have been higher: 19 pearls and then 10 pearls.

Illustrious Ilian: attack 145 / defence 150 (same reward you're listing...3 sapphires every time)

Daddio, do you want to also keep in here a list of strength of shots we can give from our own ships at various tiers? I started keeping record of some of that (again, didn't finish out of frustration with the other issues) but if you'd like to have it in here, will post. I have a few records of what number was considered a "great shot" or "good shot" with my ships at certain levels.

Hope any of this helps

Silent Scourge: I had a reward (the only time so far I recorded it) of 511 pearls + 2 sapphires. So sometimes, sapphires from him, too

Quote Originally Posted by hibiscus View Post
    hey hibiscus. Thanks for the data, I have updated the list with your info. I have hit The Serpant with 1 shot which was just below 1000 in power and he got killed so I am using that as a marker that he takes less than that to be defeated. If anybody can tell me for definate any other amount, I will adjust the info I have.

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by daddio1980 View Post
    hey hibiscus. Thanks for the data, I have updated the list with your info. I have hit The Serpant with 1 shot which was just below 1000 in power and he got killed so I am using that as a marker that he takes less than that to be defeated. If anybody can tell me for definate any other amount, I will adjust the info I have.
    would be very hard to get a definite amount of the total amount of shots required to defeat a pirate.. its a matter of trying with different ships and seeing what the average lowest min is. I have been changing my minimum for weeks.

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
    Forgive me for being a little slow, as I'm still confused on this "strength number" thing. Is this something that refers to the pirates bar that turns from green to red after you hit him enough times? I don't get how you calculate a number.
    Marcus, I am just adding up the shot power until the pirate dies! Its a crude method but I can't think of another way. It took a while to get the data as I used the weakest ships I had availiable to me at the time so I could get an accurate as possible count. If I attacked, say Betty with my maxed out EQ, all I would know is that Betty dies after a 4000 in power shot. Where as if I fought it with my sailboat, I can count say, a 247 shot, a 220 shot and can then see that Betty was nearly dead. The next shot obviously killed her but by seeing how much I had damaged her and how much " HP " she had left I made a " guesstimate " !! Hope this makes sense!!

Quote Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
    would be very hard to get a definite amount of the total amount of shots required to defeat a pirate.. its a matter of trying with different ships and seeing what the average lowest min is. I have been changing my minimum for weeks.
    I was typing my last post as you posted that one! Does it make sense? lol how was the game?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast