Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Theory crafting thread: Optimizing your Tapping Return on Investment (TRI)!

  1. #1

    Theory crafting thread: Optimizing your Tapping Return on Investment (TRI)!

    Ok everyone, as promised here is a link to a google doc that tries to organize some of the theory crafting for this game we all love. \
    I don't want to in any way take credit for all the hard work people have put into collecting the data that is in these charts. I have only repackaged what has been painstakingly gathered by others and posted on this forum. Many thanks to DarkAngel, Sortarius, Sy_38.

    If you have data you want to add, PM me and I'll give you permission to edit. For now it's read only.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...DlQd0ZBNENJcVE


    References:
    Great basic info on almost everything!
    https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...-paradise-cove

    Sy_38's data for the the ship returns on investment (2nd post on this thread)
    https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...s.-Long-(24-hr)

    Sortarius' original spreadsheet on Ships, Merchants, and Houses (7th and 10th posts)
    https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...strategies-etc

  2. #2
    Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    23,618
    thanks, will get back to you at some point tomorrow for now i need to go bed


    "If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

  3. #3
    Notes:
    1. White highlights indicate my building current levels.
    2. Yellow indicates max level.
    3. The silent scourge i am still trying to figure out the cheapest way to kill. The row looks odd but should be read as; beth lvl 5 shooting for 2 shots, then christopher at lvl 10 shooting 2 times, then richard at lvl 2 shooting 4 times. This was not a good patern as i am still experimenting.
    4. Excel version has boat and pitate pics if thats helpful.

  4. #4
    On 4: I'm trying to figure out how to import the images into the google doc. I may have to do each by hand since the import ignored them.

  5. #5
    Intrepid Explorer
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    South Louisiana
    Posts
    1,573
    Quote Originally Posted by physicsdude View Post
    On 4: I'm trying to figure out how to import the images into the google doc. I may have to do each by hand since the import ignored them.
    I can help with that �� sent you a pm
    Spreadsheets
    New Link to Everything:
    Tap Paradise Cove-Guide 2 :
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XqmtYxiFwRdNKi7jGEfmX_ujnMcAd1O9cR3NHxomb3o


    http://www.gofundme.com/dmu0g0

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by physicsdude View Post
    On 4: I'm trying to figure out how to import the images into the google doc. I may have to do each by hand since the import ignored them.
    Ha just one of the many problems I have with google docs. My work (technically the CIO) wants us all to migrate to that but were all resisting! But it is good for sharing files with non-network ppl. Thanks again for hosting.

  7. #7
    Intrepid Explorer
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    South Louisiana
    Posts
    1,573
    Quote Originally Posted by physicsdude View Post
    Ok everyone, as promised here is a link to a google doc that tries to organize some of the theory crafting for this game we all love. \
    I don't want to in any way take credit for all the hard work people have put into collecting the data that is in these charts. I have only repackaged what has been painstakingly gathered by others and posted on this forum. Many thanks to DarkAngel, Sortarius, Sy_38.

    If you have data you want to add, PM me and I'll give you permission to edit. For now it's read only.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...DlQd0ZBNENJcVE


    References:
    Great basic info on almost everything!
    https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...-paradise-cove

    Sy_38's data for the the ship returns on investment (2nd post on this thread)
    https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...s.-Long-(24-hr)

    Sortarius' original spreadsheet on Ships, Merchants, and Houses (7th and 10th posts)
    https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...strategies-etc

    I have updated the spreadsheet & the charts, I am still working on the pictures. If you notice any errors please let either myself or physicsdude know.

    I hope you like what I have done as much as I had fun doing it.
    Spreadsheets
    New Link to Everything:
    Tap Paradise Cove-Guide 2 :
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XqmtYxiFwRdNKi7jGEfmX_ujnMcAd1O9cR3NHxomb3o


    http://www.gofundme.com/dmu0g0

  8. #8
    I want to give a shout out to Cajun! She put a lot of work into that doc! I hope it is helpful to people! Please let us know if you want to add anything.

  9. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Central Florida, USA
    Posts
    46
    Very nice. Thanks for all the hard work contributors.

  10. #10
    Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    23,618
    These costs are in my game and all my ships are on max tier

    Cpt. Christopher Sailboat - 11,533 coins
    Santa Maria - 28,544 coins
    Cpt. Beth Cruiser - 228,360 coins
    Summer Speedstar - 252,168 coins
    Cpt. John Merchantman - 228,360 coins
    Dark Cruiser - 228,360 coins
    Boudicca Battleship - 168,112 coins
    The Golden Hind - 751,042 coins
    Cpt. Phillip's Frigate - 751,042 coins
    Harvester - 154,480 coins
    Crafted Cruiser - 1,508,892 coins
    Parker's Pinnance - 1,126,563 coins
    Robert's Galleon
    Cpt. Richard Battleship - 877,075 coins (probably doubled by now)
    Dreadnought - 502,964 coins
    The Emerald Queen - 180,208,128 coins
    Cpt. Jim Cruiser - 203,040,256 coins


    "If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

  11. #11
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    2
    Thank you for such a wonderful spreadsheet.
    I have saved a copy on my computer and was hoping to modify/updae it for my progress in the game so I could track how much I would be collecting / costing for voyages etc.
    However I am having some problem identifing if this is possible and where in the spreadsheet I would update which merchants/ships I have and what level they are currently on.
    PS been playing for a while and am up to Lv17. Paused my exploration to try and max out the merchant upgrades before I continue exploring.

  12. #12

    Ship Damage Repairs

    I cannot understand why the repair cost and time to repair a ship are not linked to the amount of damage that the ship has taken. The damage is shown on screen and to pay the full price for minimal damage compared to a smoking hulk seems wrong.

  13. #13
    Giraffic Explorer giraffe510's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Buckeye country, Ohio
    Posts
    9,509
    Quote Originally Posted by helidave View Post
    I cannot understand why the repair cost and time to repair a ship are not linked to the amount of damage that the ship has taken. The damage is shown on screen and to pay the full price for minimal damage compared to a smoking hulk seems wrong.
    Welcome to the Forum, helidave...many of us agree with you as this has been suggested many times. But it would impact the whole PG game strategy of making us wait...patiently..to advance in the game.... They like slowing us down..and I'm okay with that because I like playing every day...

  14. #14
    Intrepid Explorer
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,718
    I'm trying to figure out how to open the Google doc. All I get is a picture of Paradise Cove. What am I doing wrong?

  15. #15
    Longtime Tapper Red rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Michigan U.S. A
    Posts
    498
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallaby View Post
    I'm trying to figure out how to open the Google doc. All I get is a picture of Paradise Cove. What am I doing wrong?
    It's doing the same here! Would love to know it won't open link on spreadsheet?
    The KEY to immortality is.... Living a life worth remembering!

  16. #16
    Giraffic Explorer giraffe510's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Buckeye country, Ohio
    Posts
    9,509
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallaby View Post
    I'm trying to figure out how to open the Google doc. All I get is a picture of Paradise Cove. What am I doing wrong?
    When I tap on it in the post # 7 above, I go to the doc. It shows TPC and right above the pic, there is a link in small green type. When I click on it, I then go to the page where I can tap on the various sections and bring up what I want to look at.
    If that isn't working that way for you, I don't have any other ideas.

    Here's the link in small green type:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...rFcBT4OQanag7g
    Last edited by giraffe510; 04-23-13 at 04:34 PM.

  17. #17
    Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    23,618
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallaby View Post
    I'm trying to figure out how to open the Google doc. All I get is a picture of Paradise Cove. What am I doing wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Red rose View Post
    It's doing the same here! Would love to know it won't open link on spreadsheet?
    click on the link then on that page there is another link under "link to spreadsheet now used". Click on that and it will drop down another link, click that lol and you will get what you looking for.

    Right on the bottom you will see "Voyage return investments", "boats, upgrades blah blah". Use those to navigate.

    Been ages since I saw this last.
    Last edited by darkangel; 04-23-13 at 04:37 PM.


    "If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

  18. #18
    Intrepid Explorer
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,718
    Quote Originally Posted by giraffe510 View Post
    Here's the link in small green type:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...rFcBT4OQanag7g
    This link worked! Thanks so much!

  19. #19
    Giraffic Explorer giraffe510's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Buckeye country, Ohio
    Posts
    9,509
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallaby View Post
    This link worked! Thanks so much!
    Welcome.

  20. #20
    Intrepid Explorer ajlil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    EAST COAST, USA
    Posts
    1,397
    Quote Originally Posted by giraffe510 View Post
    Welcome.
    Link works 4 me 2 but trying 2 check out what pirates bring emeralds + can't seem 2 find much info in spreadsheet.
    Is that because I'm missing something or info isn't available ?

  21. #21
    Angelic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,325

    Quote Originally Posted by ajlil View Post
    Link works 4 me 2 but trying 2 check out what pirates bring emeralds + can't seem 2 find much info in spreadsheet.
    Is that because I'm missing something or info isn't available ?
    Read my recent posts about how to get Another Alan into your battle list. You also want Dread Pirate Randall for about 85 emeralds a defeat!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •