Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Dreadnought...stats/upgrades/costs etc

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar

The Dreadnought...stats/upgrades/costs etc

I bought it for 199 rubies... probably use it to fight pirates more than anything else but i have sent it out on a long voyage max tier, will see what it brings.

TIER 1 DEFENCE/ATTACK 224 CAPACITY 6,400/144,816 SPEED 2/11
    VOYAGES 5 HRS - 17,199 9 HRS - 30,959 24 HRS - 82,556
    COST TO UPGRADE 320 X 5= 1,600 pearls

TIER 2 DEFENCE/ATTACK 234 CAPACITY 9,051/144,816 SPEED 3/11
    VOYAGES 5 HRS - 26,021 9 HRS - 46,838 24 HRS -124,900
    COST TO UPGRADE 453 X 5= 2,265 pearls

TIER 3 DEFENCE/ATTACK 245 CAPACITY 12,800/144,816 SPEED 4/11
    VOYAGES 5 HRS - 39,135 9 HRS - 70,442 24HRS - 187,845
    COST TO UPGRADE 640 X 5= 3,200 pearls

TIER 4 DEFENCE/ATTACK 257 CAPACITY 18,102/144,816 SPEED 5/11
    VOYAGES 5 HRS - 58,557 9 HRS - 105,402 24 HRS - 281,072
    COST TO UPGRADE 905 X 5= 4,525 pearls

TIER 5 DEFENCE/ATTACK 270 CAPACITY 25,600/144,816 SPEED 6/11
    VOYAGES 5 HRS - 87,229 9 HRS - 157,012 24 HRS - 418,697
    COST TO UPGRADE 1,280 x 5= 6,400 pearls

TIER 6 DEFENCE/ATTACK 284
    VOYAGES 5 HRS - 129,433 9 HRS 232,978 24 HRS - 621,274
    COST TO UPGRADE ? X 5=?

TIER 7 DEFENCE/ATTACK 299 CAPACITY 51,200/144,816 SPEED 8/11
    VOYAGES 5 HRS - 191,391 9 HRS - 344,503 24 HRS - 918,674
    COST TO UPGRADE 2,560 X 5= 12,800 pearls

TIER 8 DEFENCE/ATTACK 315 CAPACITY 72,408/144,816 SPEED 9/11
    VOYAGES 5 HRS - 282,134 9 HRS - 507,841 24 HRS - 1,354,242
    COST TO UPGRADE 3,621 X 5= 18,105 pearls

TIER 9 DEFENCE ATTACK 332 CAPACITY 102,400/144,816 SPEED 10/11
    VOYAGES 5HRS - 414,750 9HRS - 746,550 24 HRS - 1,990,798
    COSTS TO UPGRADE 5,120 X 5= 25,600 pearls

TIER 10 DEFENCE/ATTACK 350 CAPACITY 144,816
    VOYAGES 5HRS - 608,177 9HRS - 1,094,718 24 HRS - 2,919,247

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

(Tier 10)
    Last edited by Blue Opal; 08-13-12 at 07:11 AM.

Thank you opal for pictures...was going to do after but you saved me time

so are you using the ship on voyages or for battles?

The D is a battleship
    i use it mostly for battles...

I was looking at this ship this morning and wondered what it brought back. Glad someone volunteered to find out. Let us know when she returns.

i have done one 24 hr voyage.. will try one 9 hr then one 5 hr and do some battles in between as she is still very good i used her against Immortal this morning.

Zookeeper
    Hi angel, I bought the Dreadnought while back I think at L8. I wanted something to fight pirates before I could get Richard's battleship. I don't have her at max tier yet because I'm only at L18, but her capacity is huge, and comparitively speaking, she's cheap to send out. Ever since I got the battleship, I've been using her on 24 hour voyages, and she brings back a good amount of pearls and sapphires.

If you have her at max tier, let me know if you ever get an emerald from her. I haven't seen one yet from any of my 9 ships.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
    Hi angel, I bought the Dreadnought while back I think at L8. I wanted something to fight pirates before I could get Richard's battleship. I don't have her at max tier yet because I'm only at L18, but her capacity is huge, and comparitively speaking, she's cheap to send out. Ever since I got the battleship, I've been using her on 24 hour voyages, and she brings back a good amount of pearls and sapphires.

If you have her at max tier, let me know if you ever get an emerald from her. I haven't seen one yet from any of my 9 ships.
    I do have her on max tier she will be back tomorrow morning from voyage will put on here what she brings back... emeralds i doubt to be honest.. as it would be pearls and sapphires. You need emeralds.. EQ and jim underpants, the other ships only bring back a couple here and there and not every journey.. https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...-paradise-cove..... read it i updated some parts.

Zookeeper
    Quote Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
    I do have her on max tier she will be back tomorrow morning from voyage will put on here what she brings back... emeralds i doubt to be honest.. as it would be pearls and sapphires. You need emeralds.. EQ and jim underpants, the other ships only bring back a couple here and there and not every journey.. https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...-paradise-cove..... read it i updated some parts.
    My ships list says I won't be able to buy the Emerald Queen until L30, and Jim isn't even in there. I guess I won't even need emeralds until then. What I'm curious about though, is comparing her to Richard's battleship. Even though Richard upgrades with sapphires, and only brings back sapphires from voyages, I find that the Dreadnought is much cheaper to send out, and also much cheaper to repair than Richard when fighting pirates. As a matter of fact, I only use Richard to fight pirates only when I know I can kill them with one shot. I was stunned to know how much more it costs to repair her compared to the Dreadnought.

@ Marcus, max tier 24 he voyage brings back...drumroll.....26,790 pearls and 144 sapphires.

Sending out on a couple of long voyages then medium etc to get an average.

Longtime Tapper
    The dreadnought is excellent for fighting little pirates ( no repair needed), and cheap for bigger pirates. I can usually take out the immortals with just the dreadnought. Mine has been on level 10 virtually since I bought it, so I can't offer any suggestions to lower level players.
    Last edited by Tapzoo Julie; 08-15-12 at 05:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tapzoo Julie View Post
    Richard is excellent for fighting little pirates ( no repair needed), and cheap for bigger pirates. I can usually take out the immortals with just the dreadnought. Mine has been on level 10 virtually since I bought it, so I can't offer any suggestions to lower level players.
    I never use dreadnought just one and one with immortal only for a one hit after weakining...no point to waste it on repair.. its a decent battle ship so i use it in battles and voyages daily now, much more productive. What i pay in cost to repair the ships to weaken immortal collectively is still lower than that of dreadnought and less time in repair too.

I got just under 30,000 pearls today from long voyage but no sapphires.

Zookeeper
    I never use dreadnought just one and one with immortal only for a one hit after weakining...no point to waste it on repair.. its a decent battle ship so i use it in battles and voyages daily now, much more productive. What I pay in cost to repair the ships to weaken immortal collectively is still lower than that of dreadnought and less time in repair too.
    I'm at about the stage where I should be seeing the Immortal. Maybe 1 or two more levels. What ship, or ships do you use to weaken her?

I'm at about the stage where I should be seeing the Immortal. Maybe 1 or two more levels. What ship, or ships do you use to weaken her?
    it varies depending on what kind of hits i get.. sometimes i only need to use .. parker and frigate then one hit with big ship, ... sometimes i use frigate/hind/cruiser and then one hit with a big ship (that includes parker), sometimes i use frigate/hind/merchantman and one hit with one ship. It varies, there are times i do not even need a hit with my big ships if i get good hits in. If i get good hits i try just 2 of my strongest weak boats then one hit with a weaker ship or one hit with my strong ship if i dont feel like risking it.

Zookeeper
    it varies depending on what kind of hits i get.. sometimes i only need to use .. parker and frigate then one hit with big ship, ... sometimes i use frigate/hind/cruiser and then one hit with a big ship (that includes parker), sometimes i use frigate/hind/merchantman and one hit with one ship. It varies, there are times i do not even need a hit with my big ships if i get good hits in. If i get good hits i try just 2 of my strongest weak boats then one hit with a weaker ship or one hit with my strong ship if i dont feel like risking it.
    So you're saying that if you use frigate/hind/cruiser for example to just weaken her, the costs of repairing all three of those ships combined would still be less than repairing the Dreadnought by itself? I'm assuming that you have all 3 at max tier.

So you're saying that if you use frigate/hind/cruiser for example to just weaken her, the costs of repairing all three of those ships combined would still be less than repairing the Dreadnought by itself? I'm assuming that you have all 3 at max tier.
    not had dreadnought on repair so far to know how much it costs... only used on one hit. If it works out it cost more to repair my other ships collectively but takes longer to repair i would rather scarifice my other boats as i fight immortal twice a day. I manage around that when quests are around, I would prefer to have a stronger ship around not in repair unless over night, so that i can use it to fight pirates esp for quests. i dont always use the cheapest option i go for the most productive option i can afford.

I will at some point try dreadnought on a one and one with immortal to see if it can outlast a full battle.

Zookeeper
    I will at some point try dreadnought on a one and one with immortal to see if it can outlast a full battle.
    Very curious about that one. Since it's a ruby ship, it costs less to send out vs. Richard's battleship. (pearls vs. sapphires notwithstanding) So, it would make sense that if it's cheaper to send out, then it would also be cheaper to repair.

Have you ever taken on the Immortal one on one with Richard's battleship?

Longtime Tapper
    Dreadnought is something like 225,000 to repair.

It's 251,482 coins and 6 hrs to repair.

It takes a hit against red hammer too, best shot was 3071 still took a small hit.

29,397 pearls and 144 sapphires today.

I wonder if the amount of sapphires is same all the time!!
    Last edited by darkangel; 08-16-12 at 05:24 PM.

Very curious about that one. Since it's a ruby ship, it costs less to send out vs. Richard's battleship. (pearls vs. sapphires notwithstanding) So, it would make sense that if it's cheaper to send out, then it would also be cheaper to repair.

No I have not...

Longtime Tapper
    I've beaten the immortal with richard's battleship, but it is not one hit. I decided it was better to voyage with Richard and take out the immortal with things that would bring in pearls if they voyaged. I don't know which is more cost effective, but I bring in sapphires more quickly that way.

I've beaten the immortal with richard's battleship, but it is not one hit. I decided it was better to voyage with Richard and take out the immortal with things that would bring in pearls if they voyaged. I don't know which is more cost effective, but I bring in sapphires more quickly that way.
    hence my reason why never to use richard battleship on a one on one with The immortal as i knew it would get damaged, richard is better off with a one hit and voyage.. a strategy that has served me well, a cheaper option, one that brings me sapphires daily and that i can use for a one decent shot with the immortal too.

Zookeeper
    This is the logic that I'm trying to figure out, so bear with me.

If Richard's battleship and the Dreadnought are relatively the same strength at max tier, and you're at high enough level to where you no longer need pearls, since the Dreadnought is a primarily a pearl ship, and Richard is primarily sapphires, would it be economically better to go one on one with the Immortal than with Richard, or even further, would it be more economical to fight go one on one with the Dreadnought instead of using other ships to weaken and finish him off.

I would test this all out myself, but I'm not at the Immortal stage yet.

Zookeeper
    Sorry in advance if anyone feels like they are repeating themselves.

I'll stop now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast