Thread: uploading screenshots

uploading screenshots

how do i upload a screenshot to the forum if i am posting from an ipad?

The photobucket app has been suggested. As has emailing/iClouding it to a laptop and doing it from there.
    Game center - SappheraW
    Tiny Social - SaffieW
    Origin, Plus Id - Sapphera

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphera View Post
    The photobucket app has been suggested. As has emailing/iClouding it to a laptop and doing it from there.
    well the second option is not an option right now sine the only device available to me is my ipad. i might check photobucket and see what thats about

You can actually upload pictures directly to the forum via the advanced reply, I don't know if this works from iPads, and the disadvantage of it is that there doesn't seem to be a way to edit, crop or resize like you can in photobucket, but that might be worth a shot.
    Game center - SappheraW
    Tiny Social - SaffieW
    Origin, Plus Id - Sapphera

well i went into advanced and chose manage attachments and its ghosted out when i go to choose a file..because thats meant for computer files i think the ipad stores the photos different but i dont know. i know im on the forum browsing in safari the way you would on a pc. i know in facebook i can only upload profile photos using the special facebook app for ios. i was just trying to find out if there was a way to do this from the ipad but i guess not..

I don't think you can on an iPad as it doesn't allow you to on the iPhone either and they both share the same iOS 5.1.1 software. The way i do it is take a screen shot and email it to myself on the laptop, then you can upload the pic via the 'Post Quick Reply'.

Simples
    Sony Vaio F23N1E | i7-2670QM 2.20 with Turbo Boost up to 3.10| 8GB RAM | Windows 7 home premium 64 bit | 640GB Hard Drive | Blu-ray Disc Optical Drive | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M GPU | USB 3.0 | S-FORCE Front Surround 3D & Dolby Home Theater

Sorority Superstar BlackCatLady's Avatar
    I am on an iPad and use photobucket which I find an easy way to get my screen dumps, copied images and pics for such as my avatar onto the forum pages.
    A cat leaves paw prints on your heart.

GC ID: BLACKCATLADY! - TPC (no longer playing but have not deleted my game!) & TZ
    Tribez & Castlez - 56bcia / BlackCatLady

Good thinking Cat woman
    Sony Vaio F23N1E | i7-2670QM 2.20 with Turbo Boost up to 3.10| 8GB RAM | Windows 7 home premium 64 bit | 640GB Hard Drive | Blu-ray Disc Optical Drive | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M GPU | USB 3.0 | S-FORCE Front Surround 3D & Dolby Home Theater

Instructions for using Photobucket to get screen shots/images into the forum.
    Apologies to anyone who finds this patronising or condescending however if it only helps one person who is not as IT/App familiar, it will be worth it. Other forum members who are more experienced may have alternative ways of doing this (possibly quicker) but its the way I have worked out that works. I was confused as to how to do this initially and could not find a complete story in simple language on the forum.

1. Upload the Photobucket app (free)
    2. For screen shot: Take screen shot by simultaneously pressing the round home button on the face of the iPad and the sleep/wake/on/off button on the edge of the iPad. A sound like a camera shutter should be heard (if you have sounds ON). The screen dump image will be stored in your photos under 'camera roll'.
    3. For image from e.g. Internet (possible use as avatar):Find desired image (note size limitations for avatar), hold finger on image and then select "copy". The picture will be stored in your photos under 'camera roll'.
    4. For picture already in photo file go to 5
    5. Open Photobucket and go to "My Albums"
    6. Using 'Up arrow' button in top right of screen, choose upload sorce as "photo library"
    7. Select 'camera roll' or album where image is stored and select desired image. It should upload into Photobucket's 'My Albums'
    8. From Photobucket's 'My Albums' select image and then using the 'chain' icon in the top right of your screen, select the file structure : IMG Code. You should get the message "IMG Code copied to clipboard OK"
    9. Go to forum and open thread post reply or wherever you want to display your image (or for avater follow pathway in 'Settings').
    10. Hold finger to screen and select 'Paste'. The IMG code should be copied into your chosen location. When posted your image will show.

GOOD LUCK

GC ID: BLACKCATLADY! - TPC (no longer playing but have not deleted my game!) & TZ

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    well done cat...

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

Great info... Now i know how to upload pics
    GC id: _aash_

FB email: ashr14610@gmail.com
    Guild officer in :German Masters😎

That was one fine walkthrough. Now you are at it, could you dearest BCL tell me how to write something in the bottom of ones posted reply-box, like your own 'a cat leaves paw....' . I would appresiate (spell) this highly. thanks

Puppy shelter...cruising along in the gene pool of life!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone 24 View Post
    That was one fine walkthrough. Now you are at it, could you dearest BCL tell me how to write something in the bottom of ones posted reply-box, like your own 'a cat leaves paw....' . I would appresiate (spell) this highly. thanks
    Knowing you directed your question @ BCL but taking the liberty to assist you, if I understood you correctly....

You imply.... want to know how to apply what is known as a signature/personal ident after, yet within your post? Eh?

Firstly....

Sign in

Go to top right hand corner of the screen and click/tap on 'settings'

This opens a new window/screen

On the far left-hand side of your window/screen, Under -->>[My Settings] -->>[My Profile], click/tap on, -->> [Edit Signature]

Type whatever you want as a personal sig. You can also change the typeface, bold, italics, font size, etc.

Whatever you want to say becomes your signature.

Gawd...hope I understood what you meant.... ;p

Cheers!
    Law of Logical Argument ...... "Anything is possible if you don't know what you're talking about"
    "Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining"
    "I am the dark side"

Quote Originally Posted by bitemebutt View Post
    Knowing you directed your question @ BCL but taking the liberty to assist you, if I understood you correctly....

You imply.... want to know how to apply what is known as a signature/personal ident after, yet within your post? Eh?

Firstly....

Sign in

Go to top right hand corner of the screen and click/tap on 'settings'

This opens a new window/screen

On the far left-hand side of your window/screen, Under -->>[My Settings] -->>[My Profile], click/tap on, -->> [Edit Signature]

Type whatever you want as a personal sig. You can also change the typeface, bold, italics, font size, etc.

Whatever you want to say becomes your signature.

Gawd...hope I understood what you meant.... ;p

Cheers!
    Thanks BMB, I was sleeping!
    Lone 24 - hope BMBs help has worked - will look out for a signature from you.

Lets see if it works..

The answer to must problems, big or small " Back to Basic "

IT DID.. thank you BMB and BCL

The answer to must problems, big or small " Back to Basic "

Puppy shelter...cruising along in the gene pool of life!
    Cheers to you!
    Law of Logical Argument ...... "Anything is possible if you don't know what you're talking about"
    "Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining"
    "I am the dark side"

Brilliant. And thanks.

I just realized that the other way to post a pic in your reply is not on this thread though it is posted elsewhere.

To post a pic in your reply, tap on the pic icon at the top of your reply box...it's the fourth one from the left in the last box.
    You will see "insert image" pop up and you select either from computer or from URL. For most, it will be from computer (iPad, iPhone camera roll).
    Then select the pic you want to upload and tap it.
    Then tap upload.
    Type whatever you want to go with pic and hit "post reply".
    Pic should be there. It might take a few seconds to show.
    If you need to remove an image, go to settings, manage attachments where you will find all your images you've uploaded. You can delete individual images by selecting them and deleting.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.