Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Transferring your Pet Hotel with Game Center

Transferring your Pet Hotel with Game Center

Hey all,

We've recently implemented a transfer method so you can continue playing on a new device. Here are the steps:

1. Make sure your current hotel is connected to Game Center via the neighbor menu.
    2. Put Pet Hotel on your new device and play until you are level 6 and unlock visiting neighbors with Game Center.
    3. Connect to Game Center in-game using the same account as your old device.
    4. Tap the gears button in the bottom right corner of the game then 'Load Hotel'. This will load your hotel from your old device.

If you run into any issues, please contact us at support@pocketgems.com. Also, getting to level 6 first is an unavoidable inconvenience but it shouldn't be too long before you are back at your old hotel. Enjoy!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!

Yay! I got an iPad and made the transfer tonight. It took very little time to play Pet Hotel up to Level 6, and the load of my old hotel was seamless. Best of all, I CAN PLAY AGAIN!

Haha, I'm glad to hear that.

Hello Nic,

I would like to sign up for this Game Center but every time my Pet hotel stays open long enough to tap the Social button and then click the "Connect to Game Center" it just plops me back in my hotel without doing anything and then the app crashes seconds later..Im possibly getting a new phone and would like to be able to transfer my hotel to it when the time comes.. but with not being able to even get anywhere with the Game Center am I screwed?

There's another method actually. If you get a new phone, keep your old one around and email us at support@pocketgems.com. Then we can help you get transferred.

Cool

Well, that makes my day!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Nic View Post
    There's another method actually. If you get a new phone, keep your old one around and email us at support@pocketgems.com. Then we can help you get transferred.
    This may seem a silly question. But, can we play interchangeably between devices once we make the switch? Or, once we make the switch, that's it. We're stuck with whichever device we've switched to, and that's the device we are stuck playing the game on. No going back. The reason I'm asking, is because I have Wifi only on my iPad, and I have wifi plus 3G on my phone. So my phone has more options if I'm out and about, but the graphics are SOOOO much better on my iPad, so if I'm somewhere that has wifi access, I'd rather play on my iPad. If I'm in the car, I can play on my iPhone (if I'm the passenger).

Second question, does this transfer method work with Holiday Hotel and with Tap Zoo and TZ2? Just curious. Trying to get all my games in one place.

Thanks for all the help. You are awesome!
    XOXO

You could theoretically keep jumping between two devices, but we don't really recommend it since you could lose progress. The game saves every time you open it, not when you close it, so if you played some then loaded on your other device, you could lose what you had done (or purchased).

Tap Zoo/Tap Zoo 2 has a different process, which is listed here http://pocketgems.com/support.php under Tap Zoo-"How can I transfer my game from one device to another?". You can try the Game Center method with Holiday Hotel but I think you'll need to email us for that game.

I transferred my Holiday Hotel with the Game Center method, but I am not having much luck transferring Tap Zoo Santa's Quest using the Tap Zoo method. When I try to enter my email address, I get only a white screen after entering with no message that my email has been registered. What's going on with that? I have the same issue with both devices.
    Last edited by SueR; 01-18-12 at 07:22 AM.

Strange, I just tried it and I saw the confirmation message. Well, like I posted above, email us and we can manually transfer you. Just have both devices around and let us know that it's Santa's Quest that you'd like transferred.

Ph & tz2

I tried to transfer my PH to my iPad, but it keeps loading an old version of my hotel. So far, I have not been able to load Tap Zoo 2 at all, it just loads from the very beginning of the game. I was rather frustrated by the time I tried the other transfers, and they didn't work. I didn't feel like rebuilding the whole thing.

I just started my Holiday Hotel over. When I tried the re-load at level 6 and it didn't work, (repeatedly) I just rebuilt from the ground up. I had a baby hotel on my phone, so it was no big deal to start over.

At this point, I have just been playing HH on my iPad, Zombie Takeover once a day on my iPad (because of the extremely long cooldowns), PH on my phone, and just checking in on TZ2 (on my phone) every now and again when I get bored with Trade Nations/Battle Nations or DragonVale on my iPad.

I'm having a bit of trouble transferring my hotel to another iPad. I've played to level 6 and transferred, but quite a few of my rooms were missing and a few tasks were reset - I have actually purchased rooms with bones that were missing as well. I have contacted the support area previously about the problem, I got one reply that wasn't helpful and was then ignored.
    If you could point me in the right direction as what to do next, it would be great.

I have a question- I started playing pet hotel about a year ago on a different I-phone & I loved it. I think I was only at level 25 or so, but I had spent a ridiculous amount of $ on bones for several of the treat rooms, I.e. the unicorn- which cost me a pretty penny. Anyhow- my I-phone was tragically dropped in water & was broken. This was before I had this option of uploading my game to the system. I was so sick about it that I promised not to get back on Pet hotel in fear that this might happen again (I'm not very responsible with my devices). I tried other apps on my new phone but nothing compared to my love for this game, so I started playing again on my new phone. Well, the other day, I plugged in my old iPhone again to see if for some reason it would work- & it DID! But when I turned on my hotel it didn't show any of the rooms I had bought with treats. I was so bummed!
    I have a point... What I'm getting at is this- do I need to upload my current iPhone's pet hotel game just in case I have something happen to this phone? I went to do this once & I believe it said I may lose some information if I upload my hotel. Is this true? I have been reluctant to do so because of this reason. I know I would die if I lost my hotel again.

I tried transferring my game via Game Center but it doesn't work and i have emailed support, Haven't gotten a reply, it have been a week! =(

Email in regards to game transfer as i can't do it via game center but no reply till now and been a week . =(

Cool Transferring Game

Thank you for the option to transfer via game center! I too emailed customer support for help but ended up doing it myself today. The problem I was having is that I was playing on my old device but he was the one logged into Game Center since we share the device and not me. When I finally connected to Game Center on both devices the transfer was easy and fast. So once again-- THANK YOU!

Hello, could someone help i transferred all the pet shop an city story and bakery story games from my iPhone to Samsung galaxy S3 and now my pet hotel game has reset to level 1 but i didn't think they were made by the same people? how can i fix this thanks.

I followed the instruction got to level 6 and link to game center and Facebook, but the loading failed and crashed every time after 10 to 20 seconds. I am currently at max level and max land. I emailed support for help but no response. I will get rid of my IPad 2 in couple of weeks and hope I can get a reply from PG to solve the transfer problem. I spent way too much money on this game. If I can get any support, I will delete this game and move on

Hey Gang,

Sorry for the delayed responses from CS. We are a bit behind due to the G.G Room issue along with other tasks we are dealt; not trying to make excuses but more that I am trying to give you all an explanation as to why we are behind.

@Allen - I would tell you to write down your UDID for your iPad2 and make sure to give that to CS. Please make sure to write it down correctly OR take a screenshot of it because without your UDID we cannot transfer your game.

@Lewb - You are correct, PG is not the creators of City Story and Bakery Story for the iPhone or SG3. As for your Pet Shop; we currently do not support Pet Shop for the Android so you will not be able to transfer your game from your iPhone over to your SG3. I would advise you to contact support and write a ticket in regards to your Pet Hotel issue so that they can better assist you.
    In coolest game, in slowest lag, No user shall escape my sight. Let all those who break our rules, Beware my sig...PGJohn's might!

Thank you So Much! I followed your instructions and was able to transfer my Pet Hotel to my iPad. Now I'm wondering can I transfer it to a new iPhone? I thinking of upgrading to iPhone 4s. I now have 3Gs.

A Happy
    Gamer!

While waiting from support, I tried to load the game again. After about twenty attempts, I transferred PH to the new IPAD. The successful transfer was from level one without any game play. Whats interesting I got the special quest menu and collect all option that I didn't have before.

Is there a way to transfer Pet Shop also? I have been locked out of my shop for 5 weeks now because the app is not loading on my iPad, and I am not getting a response from Support. I can open Pet Shop on another device, but I don't want to start from scratch and lose the 6 months of progress and money I have already invested.

Could not access to my hotel almost 6-7 hours now. Deleted the hotel played up to level six and still could not load the hotel. Kept saying could not access to server. Had send ticket to support, but.....I still have two quests that are in progress (:
    Game centre ID : sookbeng

Hi I also had issues when I transferred my hotel. I lost a few rooms, and while most were pet rooms that were easy to replace, one is a party room. My cafe room has disappeared but yet it won't let me build a new one, so now I am short a party room which isn't good. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Game center id: girlqueen6
    Last edited by girlqueen6; 07-13-12 at 09:01 AM.