Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 69

Thread: Lost Black Pearl quest ..... SPOILERS

  1. #1
    Sorority Superstar BlackCatLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,938

    Lost Black Pearl quest ..... SPOILERS

    For those of you scouring the threads for details of the latest (mini) quest. I think I have all the info:

    Upgrade Robert Galleon (unlocked at L16) to tier 3

    Defeat 4 pirates (if you have any)

    Play 5 ruby mermaid spins ( great news for those like me who as a frequent loser do not like playing the mermaids)


    What do you get?

    1 black pearl and 25000 coins

    Puuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
    A cat leaves paw prints on your heart.

    GC ID: BLACKCATLADY! - TPC (no longer playing but have not deleted my game!) & TZ
    Tribez & Castlez - 56bcia / BlackCatLady


  2. #2
    Sorority Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    3,438
    Well, my Robert's galleon is at level 2 and cost 4 blue thingies per step to upgrade.. so 20 in total from level 2 - 3 (don't remember what it was level 1 to 2 sorry!) and i have 100 blue thingies so THAT's not a problem..

    No pirates left so don't know about that..

    But i AM saving my rubbies for the Emerald Mine so don't know if i am prepared to do FIVE ruby mermaid spins... PG might have finally gooten me to stop playing..

    REALLY FIVE RUBY SPINS IS FAR, FAR TOO MUCH PG.. YOU REALLY JUST DON'T LISTEN OR CARE FOR YOUR PLAYERS/CUSTOMERS AT ALL DO YOU??????????????

  3. #3
    Now, now, keithme.....you are starting to lose your temper.....just like me.....I do not blame you.....they are maddening.

    My concerns with this developer is that they are linking the games and I worry that their next step is to force us to use our Facebook accounts (like they did with pet hotel) in order to play the game to its fullest. This is happening with other developers too and players are not happy. This recent link to tap,zoo is showing me the writing on the wall. It will be the last straw and I will not only stop funding their bank accounts but will stop playing the games completely.....and will give them bad ratings to boot.

    It is just too bad...the games are good but this constant need to put out money to play the game is going to be their eventual downfall especially with the accidental spending issue. Whatever happened to pay one price games and you get the full potential of the game?

  4. #4
    Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    23,714
    Quote Originally Posted by mathildam View Post
    Now, now, keithme.....you are starting to lose your temper.....just like me.....I do not blame you.....they are maddening.

    My concerns with this developer is that they are linking the games and I worry that their next step is to force us to use our Facebook accounts (like they did with pet hotel) in order to play the game to its fullest. This is happening with other developers too and players are not happy. This recent link to tap,zoo is showing me the writing on the wall. It will be the last straw and I will not only stop funding their bank accounts but will stop playing the games completely.....and will give them bad ratings to boot.

    It is just too bad...the games are good but this constant need to put out money to play the game is going to be their eventual downfall especially with the accidental spending issue. Whatever happened to pay one price games and you get the full potential of the game?
    Then maybe they should consider charging for future game apps to start with and if anyone to buy add on packs thats up to them but not have it so that its needed in the game.


    "If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

  5. #5
    Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    23,714
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCatLady View Post
    For those of you scouring the threads for details of the latest (mini) quest. I think I have all the info:

    Upgrade Robert Galleon (unlocked at L16) to tier 3

    Defeat 4 pirates (if you have any)

    Play 5 ruby mermaid spins ( great news for those like me who as a frequent loser do not like playing the mermaids)


    What do you get?

    1 black pearl and 25000 coins

    Puuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
    I did well on those mermaids maybe they saw the chocolate in my kids hand!!


    "If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

  6. #6
    Longtime Tapper
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Herndon, VA
    Posts
    502
    Quote Originally Posted by mathildam View Post
    Whatever happened to pay one price games and you get the full potential of the game?
    My preference as well. I would also accept buying tiered features, i.e. maybe you have to pay to unlock certain features (an island or training, for instance, but then you get all of the features in that set ( no starred animals on an island if you have to pay to unlock it.)

  7. #7
    Sorority Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    3,438
    Yep.. freemium models ALWAYS hard.. i am NOT adverse to paying (I know Angry Birds isn't expensive but i have bought ALL of those - even the damn Killer Eagle now as I got stuck on one level for a WEEK!!! grrrr . what an admission of DEFEAT!!)

    However you get like 1 million people paying 1.99 each (times, say 6 games) is much more than coercing like $50 times 100 people..

    But then I always pay/contribute for Shareware Apps that i USE regularly (even paid for ICQ , IF anyone rememebrs that, one of the only people on Earth to pay for ICQ!!! lol)

    Anyway, we will see.. not made a final decision yet.. perhaps if i win the lottery I'll buy a boat load or rubbies AND coins!!!

    (Now WOULD buy if they'd do a deal of some sort with Coins AND Rubbies combined.. but i doubt that will happen...)

    And anyway, if i didn't play HOW woudl i get the fun of this wonderfulllll forum??

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by keithme View Post
    REALLY FIVE RUBY SPINS IS FAR, FAR TOO MUCH PG.. YOU REALLY JUST DON'T LISTEN OR CARE FOR YOUR PLAYERS/CUSTOMERS AT ALL DO YOU??????????????
    A little dramatic, no? I am surprised at how many people refuse to buy ANY rubies. I have no problem supporting a game/company which produces a product that I use regularly. Its just a couple bucks so I support them.

  9. #9
    Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    23,714
    Quote Originally Posted by keithme View Post
    Yep.. freemium models ALWAYS hard.. i am NOT adverse to paying (I know Angry Birds isn't expensive but i have bought ALL of those - even the damn Killer Eagle now as I got stuck on one level for a WEEK!!! grrrr . what an admission of DEFEAT!!)

    However you get like 1 million people paying 1.99 each (times, say 6 games) is much more than coercing like $50 times 100 people..

    But then I always pay/contribute for Shareware Apps that i USE regularly (even paid for ICQ , IF anyone rememebrs that, one of the only people on Earth to pay for ICQ!!! lol)

    Anyway, we will see.. not made a final decision yet.. perhaps if i win the lottery I'll buy a boat load or rubbies AND coins!!!

    (Now WOULD buy if they'd do a deal of some sort with Coins AND Rubbies combined.. but i doubt that will happen...)

    And anyway, if i didn't play HOW woudl i get the fun of this wonderfulllll forum??
    Hey Keith if you win the lottery will you buy me a boat load or rubbies and coins too? fluttering the eye lashes here lol


    "If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

  10. #10
    Sorority Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    3,438
    Indeed i will dark angel...

    And it is NOT just a "few" needed TwinCities Dan .. or just a "couple of bucks" when put all together.. and it is NOT "dramatic".. I TOO support companies who i deal with and use their product regularly (did you read my last post here??)

    The whole point is MANY people have said this in these forums and rather than listen to their customers/players OVERALL they are just INCREASING the Rubbies you "have" to spend.. (and YES I know we don't HAVE to spend, but noone has to use this game at all and you use that logic and completely ignore "us others" and you end up with very few left using the game).. its just a point of view but we are all entitled to our opinions and in MY opinion this is going TOO far.. TWO rubbie Mermaid quests I was "happy" to do, but FIVE.. no its TOO many.. and yes i know i DON'T have to do the quest.. but i stop doing the quests and i will stop using the game AND tell everyone why and if they ask "what games do you play?" I will tell them those i do and those I recommend they DON'T do.. At the end of the day entirely PG's decision but just, in my humble opinion, they ignore a fairly vocal group is not wise.. they say that for every one person you "upset" leads to 32 other people hearing about that "upset"..

    So we will see.... will i do the five..? Depends on IF i win anything in the first one i guess.. i may well be the most unlucky guy here 'cause I keep trying it (especially when i have earnt quite a stockpile of coins) and NEVER end up ahead, let alone 113, 10 (or even 2) Rubbies.. but spend xxx,xxx coins and get either TEN (wonderful, measilly) PEARLS!! or 1/2 what I put in as a stake!! (DO sometimes get ONE Ruby when I do the 2 Ruby spin)...

    So anyway.. roll on the next Quest, let's see if PG listen or not..

    Happy tapping all..


  11. #11
    Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    23,714
    I have completed the quest and there is nothing after this first quest just the reward and thats it everyone


    "If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

  12. #12
    Didn't see this quest

  13. #13
    Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    23,714
    Quote Originally Posted by T.Rex Sparrow View Post
    Didn't see this quest
    it will turn up just like the other one did either later on towards the night or sometime by the morning


    "If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
    it will turn up just like the other one did either later on towards the night or sometime by the morning
    Ok but after 10 km running and a fiesta yesterday, i need some sleep.

  15. #15
    Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    23,714
    Quote Originally Posted by T.Rex Sparrow View Post
    Ok but after 10 km running and a fiesta yesterday, i need some sleep.
    well just keep your pirates around best to tap everything last before you game and get out of it so when you do get back in more chance of seeing your new quest and more pirates. If you got rubies save them. If you got robert galleon and it needs upgrading then upgrade it in the meantime with sapphires. Prepare my dear...and sleep


    "If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

  16. #16
    Longtime Tapper Sapphera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    628
    I really have no luck with these mermaids. All I got was a return of the rubies or a loss of one of them so I came out of it all sans 3 rubies. I'm going to end up running out of them if my luck keeps up like this...

    I don't think they should enforce that it should be a ruby spin; my coin spin costs 28,000,000 and I currently have 5,000,000 in my bank (darn those ship leeches), I would have gone for ruby anyway because its easier and accessable. I bet most others would as well, enfocing premium just makes people angry and segregated.
    Game center - SappheraW
    Tiny Social - SaffieW
    Origin, Plus Id - Sapphera

  17. #17
    Longtime Tapper
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    421
    No quest for me. Maybe because I am not lvl 16 yet? Not that it matters, I am done getting rubies just to waste on these stupid mermaid spins. What a waste. This game is way too expensive. Not sure how you all can afford to keep paying these prices.

  18. #18
    Thank you keithme for responding to twincitiesdan regarding his just a couple bucks comment.

    I am following your lead and only playing the ruby mermaid searches for this black pearl quest only so long as I am never down more than my initial 2 ruby gamble. As soon as I lose more than that, I stop the quest.

    This game is asking way too much of its customers. I can already see that the black pearl issue is going to be a game ender for me. Just trying to get the other gems is ridiculous Oh well, the ride was good while it lasted.

    Sad part is that I would gladly have paid a set fee for this game if I could access it in its entirety.

  19. #19
    Longtime Tapper daddio1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Bournemouth, England
    Posts
    454
    Just got the quest. Only 1 pirate though. Played with the mermaids!!! Wink wink. Came out with 9 more than I started with and 500 million extra coins. Feel less cheated as I won!! Still need 3 more pirates. Maybe tomorrow.
    I love PG if I get the quest and its not a ruby one.

  20. #20
    Intrepid Explorer
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,146
    i have not gotten it.

    daddio --> which mermaids you play? 10 rubies?

  21. #21
    Zookeeper Claddagh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    811
    Quest can take a while to roll out. Just got my invite to score a mysterious and elusive black pearl. Now to wait for some pirates.

  22. #22
    Sorority Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    3,438
    Well I have 2 admit I finally "won" some rubies! Yep my strategy is play as long as I'm not down. This time got 2 back, so even, then THREE (my most EVER!) so 1 up, then 2 so still 1 up, then 1 so even, n hell why not.. then 1 so only 1 down overall, THAT's not bad! So just need pirates 2 show up!

    N YES game is SO good, hope they sort this out!!!

    (wonder how the lucky ppl win SO much!!)

  23. #23
    Ok, will not complete this quest......first 2 ruby spin...won 1 ruby. Second 2 ruby spin...won slightly over 2 million coins.

    Wasted 3 rubies.....will not waste anymore. Do not like gambling in the first place and think this mermaid thing is a big rip off. Will not be forced to spend them again....no matter what reward is dangled in front of me.

    This game is losing all of its appeal for me. I especially hate that I cannot decorate as I please because of the increase in land expansion costs when there is open space. This game is going the way of pet hotel....too much greed from the developers...

  24. #24
    Sorority Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    3,438
    N where's the PICS T.Rex?

  25. #25
    Is 1 Black Pearl worth the chance do losing up to 10 rubies. I have not gotten to a point where I seem to need them yet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •