Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Community Guidelines

Community Guidelines

Just a minute of your time:
    Hello Forum-ers!
    I wanted to take some time and go over some helpful tips, basic rules, and give you a bit of information of how the forums operates and how it will operate moving forward.

Helpful tips!
    1. In order to avoid creating multiple threads on the same issue (quests, bugs, feedback ,etc) please keep these things in mind before starting a new tread.
    a) Before you decide to create a new thread, please do a quick search(located on the top right corner of the page) to see if any of your fellow forum-ers have already started a thread. If you do not see anything, post away! =)
    b) If you encounter a thread that has already been created, please note* that there is already a forum thread about this issue. Someone from PG will official close the duplicate thread.
    *When noting that there is already a thread about an issue, please be nice and kindly direct them to the original thread.

c) Please keep in mind that everyone's sense of humor is different. What may be funny to you may not be the same for others. To avoid any argument with other users, please look over your comments and make sure that they are appropriate and would not offend anyone. =)

2. When creating a new thread post about current quests, please include **SPOILERS** in your title so that users who see your thread know what to expect.

Basic Rules
    Be nice. There has always been a great community of users gathered here who talk and share their love for the game. Please continue this great tradition by not:
    a) Using profanity
    b) Arguing with one another / attacking one another
    We at PG love hearing from our users. if you do not like something, or enjoy it a great deal, please share the reasons why with us. It is easier to work with our players to improve our games when you provide us with helpful feedback."

A bit more information
    For newer users joining us in our forums...Welcome! Here are two things you should know!
    1. We would suggest starting off by reading this thread post from the Customer Support team. It will give you more insight about our FAQs and how to submit a ticket to the Support Team: https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...r-Support-team

2. You will notice that your first forum post will not show instantly; don't worry! With each new user, their very first post is sent to our administrative tool box to get validated. Once we validate your first comment, you'll never have to experience this again. This method is used to filter out spammers and robots! If you see yourself in this situation, please be patient with us, and you'll see your post soon!

---------
    Thank you for reading this and we hope that it was helpful! If you have anything to add to this, please feel free to comment below! Happy Tappings everyone! =D =D =D =D
    In coolest game, in slowest lag, No user shall escape my sight. Let all those who break our rules, Beware my sig...PGJohn's might!

Sorority Superstar
    Wow! Very useful PGJohn. Didn't know about the ***SPOLIERS*** very good idea.

Good idea also about the first post.

One of the most useful forums I have seen. Keep up the good work!!

I've been wondering if this would ever get addressed officially

Thanks for the refresher on forum etiquette.

Thanks for the info! I am on the quest that wants land expansion. However I have none to expand. All are clouded over.
    Please advise! Bette

Quote Originally Posted by BetteHeidorn View Post
    Thanks for the info! I am on the quest that wants land expansion. However I have none to expand. All are clouded over.
    Please advise! Bette
    Sounds like you need to get some of the merchants. If you click the clouded areas closest to the areas your town is in, it should tell you, you need to complete 'x quest' or build 'y merchant' just follow those steps and it will show more land.
    Game center - SappheraW
    Tiny Social - SaffieW
    Origin, Plus Id - Sapphera

I have the same problem and cannot complete quests which require this and cutting trees,as I don't have any more to chop!

Nope... I have all the merchants too...good try though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheriontheroad View Post
    Nope... I have all the merchants too...good try though.
    I dont belive u, post a pic please!?

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Viking some actually do not have no more land to buy, or trees to chop or merchants to buy..they have bought all the land prior to new contect being added. Not sure if sherion has all merchants including the ruby merchants too but maybe there are players who have ALL of them.

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

You will notice that your first forum post will not show instantly; don't worry! With each new user, their very first post is sent to our administrative tool box to get validated. Once we validate your first comment, you'll never have to experience this again.
    It looks like my first and second posts have been "approved", as I can see them ... however, I just posted again and it still told me a moderator needed to approve.

How long does it take before that goes away?

Red face

I have written twice still not been approved

Post Is the full game even finished? Who has most of map uncovered? (any pics?)

I can't get beyond the golden snake idol after I completed the apparent quest for it? Got clouds that say "Unknown Area" every other spot beyond. Also, I've cleared the three castle area on upper right corner.....just haven't recieved quests from clearing them either, ever. (BTW- already sent a ticket a few minutes ago, was just wondering in case someone knew something beforehand, etc.)

--|--

Regarding some of your comments; (as well as any others with similar comments/threads).....

Quote Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
    Viking some actually do not have no more land to buy, or trees to chop or merchants to buy..they have bought all the land prior to new contect being added. Not sure if sherion has all merchants including the ruby merchants too but maybe there are players who have ALL of them.
    I agree. I also wanted to add, if the game is allegedly "free", meaning one does not have to purchase anything with real money in order to beat it. Therefore, if PG's above comment is suggesting one needs to get more/all merchants (specifically, the ones that cost real money) in order for you to properly advance into the games clouded area's, that should mean it's irrelevant if one has purchased all the merchants to advance or not as it was suggested above. Reason: As long as a player/customer acquires the "in-game" merchants that are purchased with earned (the free aspect of PC) game coins then the player should technically be able to advance. Am I right?

(I'm finishing more about this topic area of game advancement and starting a new post. Hopefully, we or I can get some answers if anyone else has similar concerns. Sometimes it feels like question/answer with the WH Press Secretary, lol)

Thanks for reading,

-|- InnovationEQ -|-

I m afraid there is no beating this game! I passed level 50 in June( I think 'twas the first of June) apparently there is also no end! Us old-timers may be guinea pigs! It's so disappointing because there comes a time , when u have all the merchants, all the ships, and if u quit feeding it real cash( because u see the crazy stuff over and over, like rubies disappear. And I mean disappear, not accidentally spent,),,, then with all you have, it takes days to send out a ship! Spend 1.5 billion for a nine hour trip and be lucky if u get a couple hundred emeralds! Black pearls take weeks and months to upgrade one level! There's no game to it, no buying land, just fight pirates, repair ships every week or so, and tap! I ve been on floating candle quest since July!! Oh and in my case, black johns quest came six months ago and I have nt seen him yet!

I'm like you stuck on level 50 in similar circumstances .... however I did find Black John just yesterday .... it is next to the first big piece of land (the one with the little island big enough for one house), you need to make sure you have cleared all the edge of the main land to the left of the little island (the corner that faces the next piece of land with the island in the middle. Black John appearred shortly after clearing it ... that at least got the quest out of the way ... mind you I got diddly squat for it!

Longtime Tapper
    Usually when I battle Black John, I get a couple hundred pearls. Yesterday, he coughed up 11k pearls, like 20 sapphires and a some coins. Is this the quest you are referring to? I'm only on Level 30, half way through. But clearing land in this new version is slow going. Honestly, I'd rather spend my energy collecting 10s of thousands of coins and such from the dolphins and whales than a couple of coins and logs chopping down trees. But, hey, you gotta do, whatcha gotta do.

And why is it that it takes so much more energy in this version to collect from dolphins. Previously, I could collect until the cows came home and I never ran out of energy unless I chopped trees. Now, I collect from three dolphins and I'm out of energy. I don't like that one bit. I liked it the other way, to be honest.

Longtime Tapper
    One of the problems you may have is that you cleared land too early to go up the levels quickly and so have no land left when quests appear that ask for trees or land. For those not yet out of land, ok to buy it but don't open it until the game asks for it.
    Slow progress is the key here. Don't jump up levels until you have completed all non ruby quests and especially until you have upgraded every merchant to max at every level. That keeps the coins flowing as costs go up. Hope this helps somebody.
    Last edited by Poohbear; 11-15-12 at 02:12 PM.

Comment on free game that costs real money

I am not a gamer but my three year old grandson loaded this game on my ipad. I find that it is slow and boring unless I am willing to part with a lot of money to buy rubies. There seems to be no way to get them as I only seem to get them if I change levels. Not sure how I can equate this to gaining experience as all I am doing is tapping on coins and sending ships out on endless searchs that bring back only pearls. I find the return on investment talking to the mermaid is very low, she charges a lot more than she returns. The gem mine produced almost nothing and sits dormant. In real business I would level it and put a productive merchant there as it takes forever to clear land, unless I am willing to spend money on the rubies. It is frustrating that I cannot move faster. Maybe I am missing the point and this really is a game for three year olds who like to tap the coins and see them explode? If not, then finding ways to actually get rubies without paying for them would be a better strategy game...like investing in the mine, or when the treasure chests appear, having more than a few coins.

Quote Originally Posted by Innovation View Post
    I can't get beyond the golden snake idol after I completed the apparent quest for it? Got clouds that say "Unknown Area" every other spot beyond. Also, I've cleared the three castle area on upper right corner.....just haven't recieved quests from clearing them either, ever. (BTW- already sent a ticket a few minutes ago, was just wondering in case someone knew something beforehand, etc.)

--|--

Regarding some of your comments; (as well as any others with similar comments/threads).....

I agree. I also wanted to add, if the game is allegedly "free", meaning one does not have to purchase anything with real money in order to beat it. Therefore, if PG's above comment is suggesting one needs to get more/all merchants (specifically, the ones that cost real money) in order for you to properly advance into the games clouded area's, that should mean it's irrelevant if one has purchased all the merchants to advance or not as it was suggested above. Reason: As long as a player/customer acquires the "in-game" merchants that are purchased with earned (the free aspect of PC) game coins then the player should technically be able to advance. Am I right?

(I'm finishing more about this topic area of game advancement and starting a new post. Hopefully, we or I can get some answers if anyone else has similar concerns. Sometimes it feels like question/answer with the WH Press Secretary, lol)

Thanks for reading,

-|- InnovationEQ -|-

Just decided to delete every pocket gem game. Just got tired of getting ripped of. Must say of the 5 I had I will probably just miss paradise cove. Just be careful when buying gems. I bought a package once that was advertised for $1 but ended up paying $2, and never got the advertised 10% extra. Shouldn't blame PG its was my own stupidity to buy gems in the first place.

Something similar happened to me ..... Whatever I bought I got double charged for some reason for over 6 months nt sure why but I went though iTunes and they did refund me ome of he money luckily

Requested pic post

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 7722
Size:  103.4 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 7757
Size:  104.0 KB

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 7513
Size:  87.5 KB

I did miss one...

When creating a new thread post about current quests, please include **SPOILERS** in your title so that users who see your thread know what to expect.

Romana E Tigara

Hi i have done all of the above and it will not let me expand anywhere and I have no room to put any more merchants etc. please advise on another angle i can try. i have completed all quests and am on level 54 but i cannot advance as I have no trees to chop etc. All of my clouded area just says ( Hidden Area ) ?? how can I proceed.. Please help.

Thank You !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast