Thread: Which power-ups are in 5-star buildings in Germany?

Question Which power-ups are in 5-star buildings in Germany?

Can someone who has already upgraded Germany buildings to 5 starts tell me which power-ups are available there? I am holding off upgrading Winter Market because it has the camera and magnifying glass - power-ups not available in other non-German locations. However, lower 2-3 levels of the other 2 German locations had one of each among their selection as well, so I wonder if it holds true for 5 starts as well. Thanks in advance!

Gosh, has there been time to upgrade to five stars in Germany? Considering that the third building on previous sites has taken something like eight or nine days to fully upgrade, that would take a month or more. Unless you buy rubies. I've decided to let them lag. The only advantage to upgrading seems to be higher payoff on trades, and with 25 M in my bank, I hardly need more coins. I don't want to tied up trading opps and mess up challenges. Besides, I like being able to search in 12 or 15 seconds instead of 30 or 40. Once Germany is no longer on the active trading list, I'll upgrade.

I don't think the upgrades are taking as long in Germany as they did in some previous areas. I'm currently in the process of upgrading them all and one that is upgrading to four stars started somewhere in the region of 70 hours if I remember correctly.

Angelic Member
    If I recall it correctly, they take 115, 140 hours. Not sure if one of them was longer, mine are ready soon. Let you know which power-ups can be used. Still waiting for a possibility to scroll the power-up selection.
    Last edited by Kate; 10-30-13 at 07:58 AM.

Great, thanks to all

Quote Originally Posted by I.C.U View Post
    Can someone who has already upgraded Germany buildings to 5 starts tell me which power-ups are available there? I am holding off upgrading Winter Market because it has the camera and magnifying glass - power-ups not available in other non-German locations. However, lower 2-3 levels of the other 2 German locations had one of each among their selection as well, so I wonder if it holds true for 5 starts as well. Thanks in advance!
    I have the Winter Market and Festival Feast, both at level 5.

In both cases, the power ups available are the same: Flashlights, Freeze Time and Auto Find.
    Currently playing on an iPad2 with iOS7.1:
    SP v1.60-199,0 [Level 73] SuppID: CD584TDVU8.
    EE v2.01-49,0 [Level 41] SuppID: 5Q5NPBMTFW.

Quote Originally Posted by Despain (2013, p. 122)
    ...tying an in-game economy to real-world currency in any way opens up a myriad of complications and problems...
    Despain, W. (Ed.). (2013). 100 principles of game design. San Francisco: New Riders.

Ps nz, great, thanks, good to know! I won't be upgrading my Winter Market then - good to have the items available for another quest (I remember there was a quest "use magnifying glass" and I couldn't complete it because non were available in my sites.

Also, my Black Forest is presently level 4. When I get 50 ornamental pickles, or whatever they are, I'll be upgrading to level 5.

For level 4, your power ups are Flashlights, Freeze Time and Cameras.

...tying an in-game economy to real-world currency in any way opens up a myriad of complications and problems...
    Despain, W. (Ed.). (2013). 100 principles of game design. San Francisco: New Riders.

With 50 ornamental green pickles in my backpack, I've just started the upgrade on The Black Forest from level 4 to 5.

It's going to take 193 hours, 13 minutes and a few seconds that I originally didn't notice. (Or, 320 rubies to finish now).

Only 168 hours in a week, so this is going to be a super slow upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by ps nz View Post
    With 50 ornamental green pickles in my backpack, I've just started the upgrade on The Black Forest from level 4 to 5.

It's going to take 193 hours, 13 minutes and a few seconds that I originally didn't notice. (Or, 320 rubies to finish now).

Only 168 hours in a week, so this is going to be a super slow upgrade.
    Well, I traded all my ornamental green pickles, with more than 100 hours left.

Of course, that meant that all my trading shelves needed pickles. So, I bit the bullet and paid 200 rubies to expedite matters.

FWIW, the power ups on Level 5 of The Black Forest are the same as the other Level 5 locations: Flashlights, Freeze Time and Auto Find.

Just wondering why the 3 "in play" power-ups aren't generated randomly, regardless of relic level. I say this because I have a truck load of Magnifying glasses and Cameras.
    What do you guys and girls think ? Should it be random ?