Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oyster Gathering Competition LTQ SPOILERS (FREE SHIP)

Angelic Member

Exclamation Oyster Gathering Competition LTQ SPOILERS (FREE SHIP)

Build ship the OYSTER GATHERER in 5 seconds. 1. Craft as much iron ore as possible x2 (we are crafting ore from oysters and coins) 2. Voyage with ship for oysters. Reward is Oyster Merchant, 10 BLACK PEARLS, 20000 coins
    Last edited by Kato; 08-24-13 at 01:37 AM.

Hmm, hasn't arrived in my cove yet... :-(

Zookeeper
    From the looks of it, in order to complete the stricture of crafting oysters into iron ore, you only need to gather enough for 2 craftings - so 80 oysters need to be gathered, unless I misunderstood, which is a possibility.

Ive just send it on an hour voyage. Just wondering wether it would be better to do 60 sec ones. Did 3 short voyages, yielding 3 oysters. Lets see what a medium brings.

Shi, I agree, 80 oysters are needed.

Angelic Member
    We can now do 10 MINUTE SHORT VOYAGES. Got 0 OYSTERS ON 1st short, 1 OYSTER on 2nd short voyage.

Angelic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maia View Post
    Ive just send it on an hour voyage. Just wondering wether it would be better to do 60 sec ones. Did 3 short voyages, yielding 3 oysters. Lets see what a medium brings.

Shi, I agree, 80 oysters are needed.
    We must all have different timings! DOH! I must have late collection: 10 minutes, 5 hours, 9 hours

Angelic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shi View Post
    From the looks of it, in order to complete the stricture of crafting oysters into iron ore, you only need to gather enough for 2 craftings - so 80 oysters need to be gathered, unless I misunderstood, which is a possibility.
    you have 60 second voyages?

I guess, the lower the level, shorter the voyages are, mine short is 60 seconds, medium 60 minutes and can't remember the long one.

Angelic Member
    I am going to guess the short is more efficient! Obviously, MAX TIER the SHIP!

I'm level 60, and got 10 minutes, 5 hours, 9 hours.
    I'm out all day, so sent him off on the 9 hour sail.
    Yes, I maxed out the ship. Didn't make a dent in my pearl mountain.

Longtime Tapper
    Mines 10 mins, 5 hrs and 9 hrs I'm level 27. So far done 3 short and 1 oyster collected, not sure what best strategy is, at this rate 90 oysters going to take long time with short but is it worth risking 5 hrs.

Zookeeper
    Unfortunately, I don't have the 60 second voyages.... My voyage times are the same as Winklepicker's.

Angelic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen68 View Post
    Mines 10 mins, 5 hrs and 9 hrs I'm level 27. So far done 3 short and 1 oyster collected, not sure what best strategy is, at this rate 90 oysters going to take long time with short but is it worth risking 5 hrs.
    Hopefully, PG did not set the longer timings to make this impossible without speeding up voyages. With 1 minute voyaging, this would be easy

Longtime Tapper
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Hopefully, PG did not set the longer timings to make this impossible without speeding up voyages. With 1 minute voyaging, this would be easy
    Hope not, so far 4 short and 1 oyster at this speed it's going to be over 45 hrs of constant 10 minute voyaging to collect 90 which is pretty much impossible, think I might go for broke and do a 9 hour.

Edit: It's worse, had 1 oyster in first hour sent on 9 hour now, it doesn't seem possible with short unless I've had a lot of bad luck.
    Last edited by Jen68; 08-24-13 at 02:13 AM.

Angelic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen68 View Post
    Hope not, so far 4 short and 1 oyster at this speed it's going to be over 45 hrs of constant 10 minute voyaging to collect 90 which is pretty much impossible, think I might go for broke and do a 9 hour.
    I am thinking this affair is another PG MESSUP. Let me guess, the 9 hour voyage will bring 2-10 oysters, which will not be enough!

I didn't get a free ship, didn't get a quest, but I found a ship in my 'buy a ship list'.
    Built it and sent on first voyage, short 60 seconds, brought back nothing. Sent on second voyage, 60 minutes, waiting on return. The long voyage is 5 hours.

How do I get a quest?

Forgot to mention its fully upgraded, too easy with the number of pearls I have.
    There is no fairness or consistency in TPC; so just because you have it in your cove, it may not be the case for everyone. And just because everyone else has it, doesn't mean you will. Except crashing, everybody has crashing!

Longtime Tapper
    I am thinking this affair is another PG MESSUP. Let me guess, the 9 hour voyage will bring 2-10 oysters, which will not be enough!
    I agree, with returns been getting its only possible for people with 60 sec voyages, but even for those its going to be a lot of work.
    Last edited by Jen68; 08-24-13 at 02:29 AM.

I have also been sent a quest with this asking me to pick a side, but no option to pick a team has come up on the challenge. My longest trip is 5 hours, have sent her on this. Also, it says the higher return of Oysters on the longer trip, so I would say until someone has seen what reward you get from a long trip don't be too hasty too judge that its going to be a rubbish return!
    Game Centre ID: msalexb

got the boat but step one says join a alli but i have no way of joinin the allis bit gone of my mini menu??? how can i caolete it
    strive for more dont settle for less

Longtime Tapper
    Quote Originally Posted by redbullsoldier View Post
    got the boat but step one says join a alli but i have no way of joinin the allis bit gone of my mini menu??? how can i caolete it
    I had same problem had to hard close the app and reopen and the allies menu appeared and the step ticked off correctly.

Angelic Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Ms B View Post
    I have also been sent a quest with this asking me to pick a side, but no option to pick a team has come up on the challenge. My longest trip is 5 hours, have sent her on this. Also, it says the higher return of Oysters on the longer trip, so I would say until someone has seen what reward you get from a long trip don't be too hasty too judge that its going to be a rubbish return!
    Rubbish in, Rubbish out! I smell the likes of PG! FI FI FO FUM

It's a bit of fun though. Not too much strain for the weekend, and we get another speedy boat out of it, unless of course it disappears when the quest ends....!

Angelic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Winklepicker View Post
    It's a bit of fun though. Not too much strain for the weekend, and we get another speedy boat out of it, unless of course it disappears when the quest ends....!
    Yes, it does seem odd that PG would leave us with this odd extremely SPEEDY SHIP that near ELIMINATES SHORT VOYAGES. Also, it just so happens to be identical to John the Merchantman . I think we keep it!

Rubbish in, Rubbish out! I smell the likes of PG! FI FI FO FUM
    Indeed.... Since(sigh) I have the option of crafting ore from oysters in the crafting workshop (not usually the place for crafting ore), compete with time limit of one day, but no quest...
    Last edited by clear; 08-24-13 at 03:42 AM. Reason: Corrected to crafting workshop not armoury

medium voyage brought back 1 oyster and 7 pearls. did 7 or 8 short ones, no oysters, just silly 5-7 pearls. this seems un-doable at the moment

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast