Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rubies for almonds?!?

Rubies for almonds?!?

I look everywhere and need help with this quest only have 7 hours to complete.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I got it too, The merchant costs 85 rubies dont have that many rubies, hopefully someone will post the steps for you soon.

My reward for completing quest is 115 rubies
    GC id: _aash_

FB email: ashr14610@gmail.com
    Guild officer in :German Masters😎

Sorority Superstar BlackCatLady's Avatar
    Not got this myself so can't help Dael. But what help do you want? It seems clear as to what is needed.

Buy the almond merchant, collect from it once and go on a short voyage (which you can start as soon as you can)
    A cat leaves paw prints on your heart.

GC ID: BLACKCATLADY! - TPC (no longer playing but have not deleted my game!) & TZ
    Tribez & Castlez - 56bcia / BlackCatLady

Anyone know the build time on the merchant?

Nvm, it's 2 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCatLady View Post
    Not got this myself so can't help Dael. But what help do you want? It seems clear as to what is needed.

Buy the almond merchant, collect from it once and go on a short voyage (which you can start as soon as you can)
    I wanted to see if the almond store gave rubies. My confusion is the quest itself that give you rubies. I wish I knew the stats for almond store. If anyone pick it up please do tell.

Intrepid Explorer
    how many others have gotten this quest? That seems to be quite a lot of rubies as a reward.

I got it too. 173 rubies is the price in my case, but the reward is 243 rubies. I didn't have enough rubies so I went mad tapping on the mermaids. They have taken all my money but I got the 173 rubies I needed. The merchant is building right now. I'll have to set up the alarm because it will be quite late here, in Spain, when it is finished. I hope to wake up!

Intrepid Explorer
    Wow lots of difference's in the reward received for this quest. But I wonder what type of device these players are using ? Could this be a quest for only Android players ?

Lots and Lots of questions rolling around in my head.
    Spreadsheets
    New Link to Everything:
    Tap Paradise Cove-Guide 2 :
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XqmtYxiFwRdNKi7jGEfmX_ujnMcAd1O9cR3NHxomb3o

http://www.gofundme.com/dmu0g0

Angelic Member
    I didn't get this one.

Sorority Superstar BlackCatLady's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1crazycajun View Post
    Wow lots of difference's in the reward received for this quest. But I wonder what type of device these players are using ? Could this be a quest for only Android players ?

Lots and Lots of questions rolling around in my head.
    Of course I might be wrong but I don't think Ash plays Android.????
    A cat leaves paw prints on your heart.

GC ID: BLACKCATLADY! - TPC (no longer playing but have not deleted my game!) & TZ
    Tribez & Castlez - 56bcia / BlackCatLady

Longtime Tapper
    Interesting, cost for my Almond Store is 260 Rubies and the prize for the quest is 330 rubies. Pity I'm about 70 rubies short of being able to do it. Can't spin the mermaids as lost a billion in coins for 6 rubies in yesterday's daily challenge, I would never have the coins to finance a 70 ruby win!

Intrepid Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by bmaam View Post
    Interesting, cost for my Almond Store is 260 Rubies and the prize for the quest is 330 rubies. Pity I'm about 70 rubies short of being able to do it. Can't spin the mermaids as lost a billion in coins for 6 rubies in yesterday's daily challenge, I would never have the coins to finance a 70 ruby win!
    More questions in my head.

Knock Knock PG, What's the deal here !
    Spreadsheets
    New Link to Everything:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XqmtYxiFwRdNKi7jGEfmX_ujnMcAd1O9cR3NHxomb3o

Intrepid Explorer
    The price is a bit steep - but for once the reward is greater than the cost..... my kind of deal . What level are the players at that are getting it? Have they been getting quests lately? or are they in the group that was missing them?

Don't have it
    Everything doesn't happen for a reason, but there is a reason for everything.

I got it; I'm on level 35 - started playing in March '13. All quests that are being re-released are now ruby quests for me. And long collection. :-( My almond store is 75 rubies. May as well be 750. I sometimes use rubies to repair during battle, and have also used them to speed up a quest. I've purchased a few ruby merchants when I got a couple of lucky 25 ruby spins. That is it... :-( Wish I had checked here, before I passed level 6. Dern. LOL

Owl Wizard
    Hmmm... wouldn't mind having this one! It looks like the rewards are ranging between 1.25x to 1.35 times the initial expenditure (1/4 to 1/3 'profit' in rubies over the initial investment)

i did not get this
    maria paz

My shop costs 283 rubies, reward is 303. I had 274 rubies when this popped up, and just blew 17 billion cash on spins to get the other 9 lol.

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dael View Post
    I look everywhere and need help with this quest only have 7 hours to complete.
    Step 1/1
    Buy Almond Merchant (Prices vary, build time may too)
    Collect Once from Almond Merchant
    Complete a short voyage (any ship)

REWARD 53 rubies (will vary between players)

Does this help????

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

Intrepid Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
    Step 1/1
    Buy Almond Merchant (Prices vary, build time may too)
    Collect Once from Almond Merchant
    Complete a short voyage (any ship)

REWARD 53 rubies (will vary between players)

Does this help????

Haha cute angel......... So did you get this quest ? I know I"ve not seen it.
    Spreadsheets
    New Link to Everything:

Intrepid Explorer
    Just had a thought........ Has anyone who has gotten this new quest NOT done the Ship Of The Enchantress Quest. Or have you done the quest and finished it.
    Just wondering if maybe it's tied into it somehow.
    Spreadsheets
    New Link to Everything:

Zookeeper
    Dael's screen shot is from an iOS game, not Android.

I've been ignoring the Enchantress quests, and have not seen this one yet.

The wildly different prices and rewards for this sound very fishy. Has anyone got this who had enough rubies on hand already to buy the merchant? I suspect the goal here is to get people to buy more rubies than they need to get the merchant, with the required total being such that you have to buy at least as many 'extra' as you get for a reward.

I would think they are also betting on a number of people failing to make the tight time limit. Spend lots of rubies on the merchant, get the ship launched too late, or oversleep while waiting for it to build, and they manage to con you to buy an expensive, probably low payout ruby merchant... for no reward at all...

Intrepid Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by *+*JAY*+* View Post
    Dael's screen shot is from an iOS game, not Android.

I've been ignoring the Enchantress quests, and have not seen this one yet.

The wildly different prices and rewards for this sound very fishy. Has anyone got this who had enough rubies on hand already to buy the merchant? I suspect the goal here is to get people to buy more rubies than they need to get the merchant, with the required total being such that you have to buy at least as many 'extra' as you get for a reward.

I would think they are also betting on a number of people failing to make the tight time limit. Spend lots of rubies on the merchant, get the ship launched too late, or oversleep while waiting for it to build, and they manage to con you to buy an expensive, probably low payout ruby merchant... for no reward at all...

Well I don't know how you can tell from a Screenshot if it's iOS or Android, but I'll take your word for it.
    Spreadsheets
    New Link to Everything:

Zookeeper
    Quote Originally Posted by 1crazycajun View Post
    Well I don't know how you can tell from a Screenshot if it's iOS or Android, but I'll take your word for it.
    My guess would be from the size of the menu buttons, but it's just a guess.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast