Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A General Summary of Secret Passages...Beware spoilers with screen shots

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar

A General Summary of Secret Passages...Beware spoilers with screen shots

Secret Passages

(will be posting advanced screen shots)

Currency – Coins, rubies. You earn coins by collecting relic pieces and trading them for coins.

Shovels – required for “Dig Sites” to tap stones (1 shovel for each tap) to find required pieces, especially keys to unlock new map areas. To fill the bar you need to complete searches in the various landmarks. British Isles Inn etc. In doing that you will gain score for the searches and the faster the search the higher the score points. Once you fill the shovel bar you get 3 shovels.

Energy – refills by 1 energy every minute and is required to enter landmarks. You can refill your energy level using rubies to buy candy bar, coffee, super fruit, but it is not cheap.

Rubies – can also be rewarded by collecting certain relic pieces (from various landmarks), and from random stones in the Dig Site. I have managed to get 30 a few times there.

Flashlight – If you use that option it will highlight area of an object.

Magnifying Glass – By using it on your screen it will light up a colour between red to green. Red being the farther you are from an object, green being closer.

Camera – shows an image of any object you need to find

You can win the flashlight, magnifying glass, camera and shovels in the dig site.

How to Play

You start off with some energy (100). With that you enter the first landmark. British Isles Inn. Each landmark as its own timer to unlock. Once it has unlocked you have to pay 24 of your energy to unlock. Once you enter you have a set time to collect various pieces that are showed on the bottom in the image. Those who play TPH will be familiar with this. There will be one that is the relic piece. In the case of this landmark it is the red book. Each landmark has various relic pieces that you will need to trade for coins. There are many relic pieces but for now you only unlock one relic for each landmark as it costs higher amount of coins to unlock others and this early in the game you do not need to unlock anymore until later on in the levels when you have more coins and required in trades.

Once you have collected all the pieces, you will see the bar under the shovels move, when that bar is full you will get 3 shovels. You will be able to trade your relic for coins.
    Basically you got to keep searching for relics, trading to collect more coins, as as you do you will have enough to unlock more landmarks and collect more shovels. As you unlock more landmarks you will have enough to go to dig site to tap the stones to find keys to unlock the door to the portal for the next land mark.

Carry this through for each map piece. You need keys from dig site to unlock more maps so make sure you keep searching for more shovels. So be patient to allow for that energy to build up. Does not take that long.
    To level up requires certain number of relic pieces. To find out how many you have left to do tap the top left corner where it shows your level.

On the left side you will see a broken bridge, that takes 180 rubies to fix. Once you do fix it a map called Valhalla will unlock. The first landmark is a dig site. You need to find all the pieces shown on the bottom before you can progress to anymore landmarks on this map. (Not like the other maps). So you need plenty of shovels for this one.
    Last edited by darkangel; 06-26-13 at 06:11 PM.

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 36039
Size:  99.0 KB

This is the first land mark British Isles Inn, you use 24 of your energy to enter. If you look at the icon for a red book. That is the main rellic piece that you will trade off. Though you will need to collect other pieces too.

Views: 36230
Size:  98.3 KB

This screen shot shows the list of what you need to collect including your relic which will have a star next to it. Mine is silver nails because its my second relic which I have unlocked. You have 5 mins to find your items and on the bottom left corner you can see the flashlight, camera etc to assit your search that I meantioned on my OP.

Views: 36256
Size:  97.2 KB

Once you have completed your search, you tap the trade tab on the main screen (bottom right, above menu) and you see this. Drag and drop specific relic peices in the slots available (make sure you look to see where they go) and trade it for coins.
    Last edited by darkangel; 06-20-13 at 09:55 AM.

Map areas so far...

OXFORD
Views: 35924
Size:  103.0 KB

kYOTO
Views: 35768
Size:  103.0 KB

CAIRO
Views: 35551
Size:  101.5 KB

MOSCOW
Views: 35546
Size:  105.5 KB

VALHALLA
Views: 35646
Size:  102.2 KB

Each map area has a dig site....

Views: 35576
Size:  88.2 KB

This is where you can rubies, find the keys needed to unlock new maps, win other peices and win more shovels etc.
Views: 35696
Size:  94.7 KB

These are the stones you need to tap then using your fingers swipe the tablet to reveal what you have won. At the bottom shows all the important pieces you can collect.
Views: 35252
Size:  96.1 KB

Example of a Passage, what it looks like once you find required keys and unlock the door.
Views: 35278
Size:  91.6 KB

Views: 35063
Size:  92.0 KB
    Last edited by darkangel; 06-21-13 at 01:32 PM.

This is a quest that rewards rubies

Views: 34496
Size:  88.1 KB

As requested by Jool, language could be a barrier during searches so to help out here are some difficult ones.

gourd - vegetable (Royal Castle)
    Name:  gourd.jpg
Views: 34066
Size:  28.8 KB

gavel (Oxford Library)
    Name:  gavelimage2.jpg
Views: 33952
Size:  68.7 KB

Mallard - duck (Pagoda)
    Name:  mallard_duck_male.jpg
Views: 34084
Size:  9.2 KB

Egyptian Asp snake (Luxor Bazaar)
    Name:  egyptian-asp-snake.jpg
Views: 35751
Size:  25.3 KB

Sickle (Mayan Shrine)
    Name:  sickle.jpg
Views: 33691
Size:  98.8 KB
    Last edited by darkangel; 06-26-13 at 06:13 PM.

Wow! So how long have you been playing this brand NEW game, DA?

You did all this in one day?
    Last edited by magicshoes; 06-21-13 at 03:59 AM.
    TPC is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.

Game Center: magic$hoes

Quote Originally Posted by JessiBlue View Post
    Wow! So how long have you been playing this brand NEW game, DA?

You did all this in one day?
    In one day, nope and yes I know it's new.

Angelic Member
    Thank you for the screenshots DA! I started playing this too. I spend on other games so I haven't bought anything in this game. I am much earlier in the game. I have been waiting for energy to refill and going in to get more relics for coins to get through what I have. I haven't gotten enough wood to get into the one building I unlocked. I did get directed to the bridge where you can only rebuild with rubies. I am not going to buy for now, and see how far I can get without buying for as long as possible. I'm being patient for once! I love this game so far. I used to play a lot of hidden object games before starting dragonvale and tap paradise cove. I like the way they did this one! It's different and the graphics are great! Thank you for starting this thread and the information and pictures so far!

Quote Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
    In one day, nope and yes I know it's new.
    Makes one wonder....

Just saying.
    TPC is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.

Game Center: magic$hoes

Intrepid Explorer
    Wow! Well done DA. Looks like its a fun game. No stress . I am going to download and play right now.

Angelic Member
    Can anyone please have a look at the ltq (world traveller or something similar) and let me know how many sight I have to unlock, don't know if this is a general issue, but mine is showing different numbers (12 and 15).

Quote Originally Posted by Kate View Post
    Can anyone please have a look at the ltq (world traveller or something similar) and let me know how many sight I have to unlock, don't know if this is a general issue, but mine is showing different numbers (12 and 15).
    what do you mean showing different numbers 12 and 15?

It was find 20 landmarks before for me and changed to 15 now which is great only few more to do then

Angelic Member
    According to the text it's 12 but 15 on the counter and 20 days to go, not a huge difference, just out of curiosity, even though I those some items are difficult to find if there's the additional task to find out what could be meant (luckily its funny most in most cases), I start to like the game, almost made it to Moscow today and even found 100 rubies while I was digging. Should I unlock Valhalla or wait what coming?! Difficult decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate View Post
    According to the text it's 12 but 15 on the counter and 20 days to go, not a huge difference, just out of curiosity, even though I those some items are difficult to find if there's the additional task to find out what could be meant (luckily its funny most in most cases), I start to like the game, almost made it to Moscow today and even found 100 rubies while I was digging. Should I unlock Valhalla or wait what coming?! Difficult decision.
    I unlocked it but first building is a dig site and you need to find stuff. So I left it as I need the shovels for the other part first. Will do that another time.
    Last edited by darkangel; 06-21-13 at 03:10 PM.

I love hidden object games.i downloaded it yesterday.

Intrepid Explorer
    [SIZE=4]
    Magnifying Glass – You can drag it around (I honestly can’t tell difference using it)
    The magnifying glass changes color when you get near the item. (Red when you're not close, green when you are)

Quote Originally Posted by LIMom View Post
    The magnifying glass changes color when you get near the item. (Red when you're not close, green when you are)
    I checked and mine does not do that but good to know thanks

I got a quest in PC.... To reach egypt...is that one the third región? After Japan? Thank you!
    maria paz

Quote Originally Posted by klappiss View Post
    I got a quest in PC.... To reach egypt...is that one the third región? After Japan? Thank you!
    yes

Intrepid Explorer
    How long (days ) does it take to reach Egypt ?
    Spreadsheets
    Tap Paradise Cove :
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Agwo2L9sesNqdG1iNU15bTBxckZjQlQ0T1FhbmFnN 2c
    Tap Paradise Cove-Atlantis/Asgard Guide
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Agwo2L9sesNqdEpWMzE1YnZvMlY4LW1kanRqb2VmT Hc
    Tap Paradise Cove-Holiday Adventure:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ap_o3Ph4laPNdFQydFl6NTVHbUJuOTdkaEY2SmVDQ 2c
    Tap Paradise Cove-Wiki
    http://tapparadisecove.wikia.com/wiki/Tap_Paradise_Cove_Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by 1crazycajun View Post
    How long (days ) does it take to reach Egypt ?
    depends on how often you play but it can be done in a day or so, day and a half but it does depend. Leave your shovels to search for keys only, and search as often as you can to collect shovels and coins and it can be done in that time.

Angelic Member
    Very important advice: don't unlock to many relics and keep some coins instead, otherwise no useful trades will show up anymore and the only option is to dig for coins or to purchase them.

I have suggested on my first post not to unlock more than the first relic until you are much further on in the game and have a lot of coins for this reason. I only started to unlock them once I got to a stage I was ok too and even then not that many just one here and there. As they allow for better returns in trade.

Intrepid Explorer
    I checked and mine does not do that but good to know thanks
    If it doesn't submit a ticket. It does help when used.

Quote Originally Posted by JessiBlue View Post
    Makes one wonder....

Just saying.