Name:  image.jpg
Views: 2140
Size:  88.0 KB

Remember we suggested "crew feature" for ship long time
    Now it come true
    Thanks PG alot !!!

Owl Wizard
    There's a 4th step (need to scroll down for it):
    Battle with crew using Philip's Frigate.

My Frigate is on voyage, still 6 hours remaining
    How can you hire crew, Limom?

Owl Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by JackSparrow View Post
    Remember we suggested "crew feature" for ship long time
    Now it come true
    Thanks PG alot !!!
    Has anyone been able to add crew?

I've sent out a few requests so we'll see what works. However, so far....
    -- I added a forum friend to FB. So, they're definitely on FB and definitely playing this game. But, it doesn't seem that there's any way to add them to my crew. (When I click on one of the crew positions, I get the option to invite FB friends to join my crew. But, even typing their name in, they don't appear)
    -- I sent a request (invite) to a FB friend who plays PC, but hadn't been signed in via FB. She said she'd accept the request and add TC to her FB list when she gets home later today.
    -- I sent another request to another FB friend who said she'd give the game a try, as she's looking for some games to play on her iPad.

So, we'll see which, if any friends are added.
    Last edited by LIMom; 06-13-13 at 08:36 PM. Reason: typos and other annoying errors

Owl Wizard
    When I click on Philip's Frigate, instead of seeing "Upgrade" and "Voyage", I now see "Enhance" and "Voyage."

This is a pic of what I see when I click on the Enhance button:
    (Note: THe "Hire Crew" button brings up a window that says, "BUY CREW MEMBER Do you want to buy a crew member for 2 Rubies" and the Upgrade button brings up the same upgrade button that used to be where the Enhance button now resides.)

Name:  IMG_0151.jpg
Views: 2137
Size:  20.7 KB

If I click on one of the "Add Friend" buttons, this is what I see. There's a list of suggested friends, and I can type in the text field to bring up other facebook friends that may not be on that short list.

Name:  IMG_0152.jpg
Views: 2136
Size:  20.9 KB

Owl Wizard
    Additional info:

Richard just finished with a repair, and when I clicked "enhance" there was one crew member slot filled in. (Not sure why in Richard and not Philip, and don't know why other slots aren't filled with friends who play)
    Anyway... I had Richard fight a battle, which was won, but not without taking some hits. But, no repair was needed!
    Sent Richard on a voyage for overnight, and we'll see what the booty is.

Oh... Almost forgot... The battle using Richard caused the 4th step (battle with
    Philip) to be checked off. But, the crew member on Richard didn't have any impact on the step for recruiting crew.
    Last edited by LIMom; 06-13-13 at 09:25 PM.

Thanks for your info, Limom
    Cannot waiting my ship finish voyage/repair to experiment this feature
    Last edited by JackSparrow; 06-13-13 at 09:36 PM.

Ok - WARNING everyone.
    I just used Phillip 2 fight a friend in my battle list.
    I had 1 crew filled in, not sure how. When I fought, had a 2nd row showing my extra health from the crew.
    Used it all + part of my health - won - w/ repairs.
    The bad part is now I am down 2 NO crew.
    So, guess we will need a constant flow of FB friends, if we want 2 use the extra health feature.
    I prefer removing this feature, cause its going 2 B totally useless 4 me.

Intrepid Explorer
    Haven't got this yet but does it mean you can only hire via FB? I NEVER link any games to FB( security issue) and no friends play PC anyway. Guess this means I can't do quest?

Okay...Phillip came back with nothing special so my invites must not have worked. I hired crew for two rubies which gave me the first of two in the quest and sent him out on short voyage. Meant to battle first and then voyage. But I'll just battle with him when he gets back. Hope he will have a crew member filled in automatically....lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Cool23 View Post
    Haven't got this yet but does it mean you can only hire via FB? I NEVER link any games to FB( security issue) and no friends play PC anyway. Guess this means I can't do quest?
    You can hire crew for 2 rubies...I got a crew member that was named "PG Crew"... in the Captain slot.

For some reason the FB requests doesn't seem to work. I have sent several requests for another facebook user of mine, and he is not receiving anything. Is that a general problem?

Quote Originally Posted by giraffe510 View Post
    You can hire crew for 2 rubies...I got a crew member that was named "PG Crew"... in the Captain slot.
    Hiya G! What's the advantage of crew (in simplified terms for a space cadet) Plus I'm not a Facebook fan...Great if you like and use it, but I have issues with it.....so where does this leave bods like me? Ta muchly!

Have a goodie!
    "You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough"

Mae West (original sex goddess)

Quote Originally Posted by Cool23 View Post
    + 1

I just got notice in the game that two of my invites have been accepted. Not sure what it means yet as both Phillip and Richard are voyaging but it's a big screen notice. But it makes me think your invites to be a crew member have to be accepted.

I really hope we don't have to use this feature too much. I only have one friend on FB who plays paradise cove and I don't like spamming friends with game requests anyway.

Strange, I bought one crewmember, got a Captain, and i see that I have one FB friend added, without inviting. He is a FB friend of mine and never knew that he played thsi game too, so that is nice :-)
    But, Now i have 2 crewmembers, but my quest did not tick of. What's this? I am not buying another one!

I battled with my ship, and my FB crewmember is gone again :-(
    And still did not tick of the Hire crew. Strange...
    But I did not have to repair my ship!

Intrepid Explorer
    I paid 4 rubies to get two crew members (I refuse to let PG have access to my Facebook account).

So what happens is that when you battle with crew members on board, they take the damage before your ship does. When you battle with a crew assisted ship, there are two damage bars - one for ship damage as normal and another one above it for your crew. The crew bar takes any hits and damage first. I battled a pretty low strength pirate, but one I knew I couldn't one-shot. I hit him then took return fire and about half of my crew strength went down. I finished him off and the ship didnt need repair.

I'm not sure whether the crew members repair themselves or whether they will be lost. I'm doing it with rubies, not friends so I'm not going to experiment too much.

It's actually a pretty nice feature. If they did it with GC friends, or being able to buy game crew with coins, it would be nice. But not with my Facebook - no way, no how.

Rather than introducing new features, i.e. this FB debacle, surely PG would deal with current issues which we have brought to light. Collection timing, previous coined based quests which now require rubies, crashing on a major level for iPad 1 users, and the inconsistency of rolling out quests. Hope this game does not go down the pan like TPH.

In spite of updating today, I do not have the Matey quest, on either my iPhone or iPad. Not that I would've attempted it, but that's beside the point. Furthermore, since the update, my iPad is crashing more than before. Still have the physical shake feature tho. For now! Did it once and game crashed........

Quote Originally Posted by Alethea View Post
    Rather than introducing new features, i.e. this FB debacle, surely PG would deal with current issues which we have brought to light. Collection timing, previous coined based quests which now require rubies, crashing on a major level for iPad 1 users, and the inconsistency of rolling out quests. Hope this game does not go down the pan like TPH.

In spite of updating today, I do not have the Matey quest, on either my iPhone or iPad. Not that I would've attempted it, but that's beside the point. Furthermore, since the update, my iPad is crashing more than before. Still have the physical shake feature tho. For now! Did it once and game crashed........
    Maybe they get bored of a feature once they release it and don't want to bother going back and fixing it... It's hard to imagine any other explanation for why they keep adding more broken stuff to a growing pile of broken stuff.

Now they wants to let us do the same with Richard's ship. I bought a second one for Christopher, but have no intention on paying more rubies for the next ship. Indeed, why not with GC friends...

Quote Originally Posted by pegarino View Post
    Maybe they get bored of a feature once they release it and don't want to bother going back and fixing it... It's hard to imagine any other explanation for why they keep adding more broken stuff to a growing pile of broken stuff.
    Possibly. I just can't understand their actions.

I have 1 FB friend on Richard crew
    This crew will take damage when battle
    So I think about this feature:
    - maximum 3 slots mean we have 3 turns immune (no damage) with pirates
    - crew take damage will "die" which means we need to hire them again

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast