Thread: Question for PG staff

Question for PG staff

Is there any way the information on this site can be saved after the forum is shut down?

There is a website called the Wayback Machine that archives old websites. I tried it to see if any of this site was already there. There were a few mentions, but none of the content. When I clicked on a date that was circled, I saw the page from the forum, but could not access any of the information.

Name:  IMG_7106[1].jpg
Views: 138
Size:  14.9 KB

Name:  IMG_7107[1].jpg
Views: 130
Size:  16.7 KB

Name:  IMG_7108[1].jpg
Views: 133
Size:  11.7 KB

Name:  IMG_7109[1].jpg
Views: 134
Size:  12.1 KB

Name:  IMG_7110[1].jpg
Views: 132
Size:  19.8 KB

Name:  IMG_7111[1].jpg
Views: 132
Size:  9.9 KB

Sorry, the pictures are not great. I just took a few quick shots. I have no idea how to post to the site so the content can be accessed. These reflect times someone mentioned the forum on the web.

If the Forum could be archived we would still have access to information that would be handy for those of us who continue to play until you pull the plug on the game itself. Like me. I plan to go down with the ship, as a sea captain should.
    Last edited by 38supercomp; 05-16-18 at 06:32 AM.
    Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
    Lewis Carroll - Alice in Wonderland

Member Vaders_Fist_2

Good question.
    And for those who do not know, there is a wiki site with pages of information on TPC.

http://tapparadisecove.wikia.com/wik...dise_Cove_Wiki
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    I don't think PG would save the forums onto a third party website.

I have asked about the information already on the forums. Once I know will post the feedback.

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

Thank you. I would hate to lose all the info here. So many people have put up a lot of info over the years. It could still be helpful to have it.
    Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
    Lewis Carroll - Alice in Wonderland

Member Vaders_Fist_2

The Wayback Machine works, forumpages can be saved. But only one page at a time and the contents of any links in the page are not saved. I will show how it works by saving this forumpage, it is not difficult.

The Wayback Machine is at http://archive.org/web/

You need the webadress of the page you want to copy which is https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...n-for-PG-staff

Copy and paste this adress in the Save Page Now section and the page will be saved as it is right now.
    If you want to see this page again at any time in the future you can paste the forumpage adress in the Browse History section.

I did this so there is one save dated 17th May and I will make another save to include my post.

Obviously you can’t save the whole forum this way, you will go mad. But perhaps a few of your favorite pages. And keep stock of the webadresses of the saved pages, you will need them once the forum is gone.