Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Update Regarding Forums and the Future

Lol, Dame...I think you have a typo...this game started in March, 2012I played for a few weeks before I found the forum because I was searching for pocket gems to answer a game problem
    But I said the same thing earlier. We are lucky we had the game as long as we did...and hopefully, it will continue a bit longer as we all slowly rein in our addiction.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

Longtime Tapper
    Quote Originally Posted by giraffe510 View Post
    Lol, Dame...I think you have a typo...this game started in March, 2012I played for a few weeks before I found the forum because I was searching for pocket gems to answer a game problem
    But I said the same thing earlier. We are lucky we had the game as long as we did...and hopefully, it will continue a bit longer as we all slowly rein in our addiction.
    Lol, yes it was in 2014!
    Damedesetoiles/Ladyofthestars
    Officer of TPCPirates

SC I love your last post. So true. And I love your Zippy stories. :-)
    Officer of CrazyCanucks1

Quote Originally Posted by giraffe510 View Post
    Well, that is certainly sad news. We have ridden the highs and lows of both the forum and the game for six years and I will miss the wit and wisdom of many friends and players across the globe. PG, this game has actually altered lives as some visited foreign countries to meet others and provided education about other cultures and entertainment for many (especially for shut ins and retirees and those who just needed an outlet for stress in their lives).

I thank the support staff and the artists, designers and developers for many, many hours of fun and I thank the members of the forum for the laughs and the sharing of thoughts and ideas and for the camaraderie.

I truly will miss all of it...well, most of it...
    I’m off to search for the comfort that only chicken liver casserole can provide....
    +1000000 to everything you said, Giraffe!

I found this forum a couple months after I started playing TPC in mid-2012, but didn't actually join until over a year later. And even then, I never posted much (and it's been ages since my last post).

But I've learned so much from everyone who has participated here over the years, not just about the game, but also about other people, other places and other perspectives. There's always been such an amazing sense of community here, through the good times and the frustrations, and it is sad to see the forum coming to an end.

Thanks to Pink for launching the new forum! I've joined already --- who knows, I may actually get off my duff and post once in a while
    Guild: PiratesPlaying

"Why is this game called Tap Paradise Cove? A true Paradise wouldn't have constant battling and invading pirates. Seems more like Tap Paradox Cove to me."

Quote Originally Posted by BrendanU View Post
    A quick question PG if i may.
    This announcement is regarding Data Protection. So why doesn't it affect your War Dragons Forum?
    Please forgive me if i'm wrong, but data protection is data protection within all forums, so why single out Paradise Cove?
    Name:  IMG_2441.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  9.6 KB
    We're still waiting
    Leader of the 501st/TheLuniz

I love your pic Brendan but you know they’re not even looking and will be pulling the plug in a couple of days so they don’t care
    'I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer' - Dune litany. F.Herbert
    Home is where the heart is. My heart belongs to Roughseas

Quote Originally Posted by Ahharr View Post
    I love your pic Brendan but you know they’re not even looking and will be pulling the plug in a couple of days so they don’t care
    Unfortunately you're absolutely correct my dear!
    Leader of the 501st/TheLuniz

Longtime Tapper
    Quote Originally Posted by BrendanU View Post
    Unfortunately you're absolutely correct my dear!
    If they're not looking, does that mean I'm free to call them a cunch of bunts? Or total ducking fickheads?

Too funny!

Quote Originally Posted by billybobbeaubum View Post
    If they're not looking, does that mean I'm free to call them a cunch of bunts? Or total ducking fickheads?

Longtime Tapper
    Quote Originally Posted by speedbot40 View Post
    +1000000 to everything you said, Giraffe!

I found this forum a couple months after I started playing TPC in mid-2012, but didn't actually join until over a year later. And even then, I never posted much (and it's been ages since my last post).

But I've learned so much from everyone who has participated here over the years, not just about the game, but also about other people, other places and other perspectives. There's always been such an amazing sense of community here, through the good times and the frustrations, and it is sad to see the forum coming to an end.

Thanks to Pink for launching the new forum! I've joined already --- who knows, I may actually get off my duff and post once in a while
    I love your avatar!
    Damedesetoiles/Ladyofthestars
    Officer of TPCPirates

Lol, Dame...another typo...it was 2012...I can see this stuff because I play on an iPad

And thanks, speedbot. Happy you made your way to the new forum...
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanish eyes View Post
    We have locked horns a few times but then always seem to kiss and get on with it. We have shared a few personal moments as well.
    I, like you feel sad given the time and effort I have spent on SP. Obviously I havent been at it as long as you and I tended to stick to one game where you my friend played them all and I salute you.
    —————
    Your Longleggedness
    All my best wishes to you and yours.
    —————-

WOW I just looked at the PG forum ‘join’ date of some of you still posting. Respect to all of you.
    Awwww. Thank you. Sent you a PM.

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

Quote Originally Posted by Damedesetoiles View Post
    ...It is alive because us, players, who found a way to manage it and find a way to stay positive! The fun to share with other players is an important part of that success. Lets having it until the end if we decide to stay in that game...
    Aw I like this. It feels empowering. I take it as I might not agree with everything PG does but we "make" the game and keep it going. I plan on playing as long as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by speedbot40 View Post
    ... There's always been such an amazing sense of community here...
    I agree it's why I don't want to let the forum go. I am so glad Pink made the new forum! I am also glad people joined it because without the people it's more of a blog than a forum.
    Last edited by Imani; 05-23-18 at 07:04 PM.
    Enjoying Campus Life since Sept. 2012! *Hope more people keep playing CL & other PG games*

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    All information will be permanently deleted when the forum closes.

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

Quote Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
    All information will be permanently deleted when the forum closes.
    That’s a real heartbreaker. We have put so much time into documenting, hoping to help others following along behind us.
    Officer, CoastBusters
    "There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.” ― Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows

Surely there’s a way to keep the forum available for reference without people posting anything. This forum has helped me so much and others. It seems such a waste to just close it
    'I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer' - Dune litany. F.Herbert
    Home is where the heart is. My heart belongs to Roughseas

Longtime Tapper
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahharr View Post
    Surely there’s a way to keep the forum available for reference without people posting anything. This forum has helped me so much and others. It seems such a waste to just close it
    There is a way, it's been done with many other forums/websites in the past. It seems they just can't be @rsed to do this

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123