Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update Regarding Forums and the Future

Update Regarding Forums and the Future

Hi everyone,

It is with regret that we must announce that we will be closing the Pocket Gems forum at the end of the month. This is due to the limited resources we have to maintain compliance with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). I want to also be sure to note that this does not affect our War Dragons or Episode Interactive forums. It has been a great run and we truly want to thank you all for being the best community we really could have ever asked for. Each forum’s community was shaped by the contribution of everyone. We would like to thank you all for your commitment to helping each other out and making this forum the best it could be.

We will still be sure to provide any updates on the status of our games as we go on through in-game messages.

Jesse

Although I have not been in the forum from the very beginning, I have been here a long time. I can honestly say I will miss it. Thanks for the good times PG
    There is no fairness or consistency in TPC; so just because you have it in your cove, it may not be the case for everyone. And just because everyone else has it, doesn't mean you will. Except crashing, everybody has crashing!

Can not imagine the Forum being stripped from us. Such a welcome,fun place to learn and announce what is going on in our game. This really is a sad and great loss to us all. Guess you all must visit and perhaps join the Tavern to express your thoughts and learn what is currently going on in our game.
    Time for new horizons

That's really sad news. I will miss it too. The next probably will be closing the game. Hopefully all the cheaters are already looking for something else to do. And I don't mean finding a new game, that they can destroy.
    Anyway thank you for the great time we had here before everything went down.
    Officer of CrazyCanucks1

Quote Originally Posted by Conny1980 View Post
    That's really sad news. I will miss it too. The next probably will be closing the game. Hopefully all the cheaters are already looking for something else to do. And I don't mean finding a new game, that they can destroy.
    Anyway thank you for the great time we had here before everything went down.
    Name:  IMG_2414.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  19.7 KB
    I think they've already found it!
    Leader of the 501st

Well, that is certainly sad news. We have ridden the highs and lows of both the forum and the game for six years and I will miss the wit and wisdom of many friends and players across the globe. PG, this game has actually altered lives as some visited foreign countries to meet others and provided education about other cultures and entertainment for many (especially for shut ins and retirees and those who just needed an outlet for stress in their lives).

I thank the support staff and the artists, designers and developers for many, many hours of fun and I thank the members of the forum for the laughs and the sharing of thoughts and ideas and for the camaraderie.

I truly will miss all of it...well, most of it...
    I’m off to search for the comfort that only chicken liver casserole can provide....
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

Wow! I guess the cheaters win this round. Looks like PG is taken over by the cheaters, they can do anything they want and get away with it.

To maintain compliance with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)? That must be for a software developer not complex to build into their software....

Quote:“I want to also be sure to note that this does not affect our War Dragons or Episode Interactive forums” ??

Do for us here the same as you provide there!
    Leader of the Bombanators

Active Member Guybrush Threepwood's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by giraffe510 View Post
    Well, that is certainly sad news. We have ridden the highs and lows of both the forum and the game for six years and I will miss the wit and wisdom of many friends and players across the globe. PG, this game has actually altered lives as some visited foreign countries to meet others and provided education about other cultures and entertainment for many (especially for shut ins and retirees and those who just needed an outlet for stress in their lives).

I thank the support staff and the artists, designers and developers for many, many hours of fun and I thank the members of the forum for the laughs and the sharing of thoughts and ideas and for the camaraderie.

I truly will miss all of it...well, most of it...
    I’m off to search for the comfort that only chicken liver casserole can provide....
    Same here (except for the chicken liver part LOL). The forum was a great help for me to help up my game and motivated me to hang in there despite snags and glitches along the way. I've got some of the best game tips on this forum! Thanks, PG. Thanks, y'all, for the laughs and the memories. It's the first place I visit even before checking in on my game. Gonna miss that. Sweet sailing into the sunset...

Guybrush Threepwood
    Mighty Pirate
    I came. I saw. I went.

Very sad news. I have thoroughly enjoyed visiting the forum. (Except for a few times I was personally attacked.)

I have loved the humor, the tips I picked up along the way, and getting to ‘know’ the people who visited. I have posted Zippy stories to amuse myself, and been amazed by the artwork added by other forum members. There are some truly special and talented people who visit the forum.

Thanks for the memories................
    Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
    Lewis Carroll - Alice in Wonderland

Member Vaders_Fist_2

The biggest thing I regret about the forum closing is I may not get to say, “You were right Kato.” Years ago he predicted weapons would get to 3000 strength, and we are so close. I was going to quote his prediction and post a picture. I hope I have enough time to do it.

If not....
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    What difference does it make when before long we will have 3000 power weapons?
    There is no fairness or consistency in TPC; so just because you have it in your cove, it may not be the case for everyone. And just because everyone else has it, doesn't mean you will. Except crashing, everybody has crashing!

PG, Why not create a TPC section in either the Episode or War Dragons forum? At least for announcements or commentary on current issues. If something like the recent lock out happens again the affected players will not have a clue as they will not be able to read in-game messages.
    Last edited by Dane2016; 05-15-18 at 02:48 AM. Reason: Typo

I will miss all my forum friends but I’m not surprised about this turn of events. When they stuff up we won’t be able to communicate our grief but then I won’t be able to say goodbye to all of you wonderful gamers who helped change my life irrevocably, when they finally pull the plug on the game. I know most of you don’t understand what I mean but I’m honoured to have known you all and I thank you for all the help and encouragement you have given me. My life is fuller because of you all. So I’ll say goodbye now. Take care and may your God (if you have one) look upon you with favour
    'I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer' - Dune litany. F.Herbert
    Home is where the heart is. My heart belongs to Roughseas

Quote Originally Posted by Dane2016 View Post
    PG, Why not create a TPC section in either the Episode or War Dragons forum? At least for announcements or commentary on current issues. If something like the recent lock out happens again the affected players will not have a clue as they will not be able to read in-game messages.

Great idea, Dane. That has been implemented in another game I play. It has worked quite well.

Member Vaders_Fist_2

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
    Hi everyone,

It is with regret that we must announce that we will be closing the Pocket Gems forum at the end of the month. This is due to the limited resources we have to maintain compliance with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). I want to also be sure to note that this does not affect our War Dragons or Episode Interactive forums. It has been a great run and we truly want to thank you all for being the best community we really could have ever asked for. Each forum’s community was shaped by the contribution of everyone. We would like to thank you all for your commitment to helping each other out and making this forum the best it could be.

We will still be sure to provide any updates on the status of our games as we go on through in-game messages.

Jesse
    I'm sorry ! We've also been excited about the game for 5 months.( december 27 ). The forum now follows. We can not complain either. Maybe this is the goal? Thank you Pocket Gems! Six years after work, we did not deserve that. I gave the Support Team a lot of ideas, which was later incorporated into the TPC game! This is the past, the future I guess. Fellow players; I wish you many, many happy moments.🤝😢

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    It is sad news. I hope they don't completely remove them, just keep them closed. There is a lot of information on these forums that players could still use.

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

Yes, I agree, DA...sigh
    Good idea, Dane.
    Guybrush, I might be able to change your mind
    Supercomp, the personal attacks comment made me sad. That is what made me join my first and only forum 6 years ago. Derisive comments or making people feel stupid could not stand. Who knew I would get so involved
    When there was a star rating system on the forum, I did get one negative comment many years ago...it was “this is a forum...not a chat room...”.
    I am proud to say I had a hand in changing this community into more than just a forum. I truly will miss you.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Scharbokid View Post
    Can not imagine the Forum being stripped from us. Such a welcome,fun place to learn and announce what is going on in our game. This really is a sad and great loss to us all. Guess you all must visit and perhaps join the Tavern to express your thoughts and learn what is currently going on in our game.
    Trying to find the Tavern on Palringo and having some difficulties. Has it moved? Could someone provide a few more details, as I'd like to join and not lose touch with my TPC forum friends.
    Leader of the Quadrophonics

Quote Originally Posted by Scharbokid View Post
    Please do explain to us how to join the Tavern. ��

To join the Tavern, download the Palringo app if you do not have it. Then try this link:

Name:  IMG_7068[1].jpg
Views: 349
Size:  26.0 KB

If it does not work, please post again. We would love to have more people join. There is something exciting happening, and you might want to know about it, as well.

Member Vaders_Fist_2

How does one join the tavern? Is it a chat group for all members of Paradise Cove only? I have downloaded the palringo app, but I don’t know what to search for to join?
    Last edited by biggrowler; 05-15-18 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Additional info.

Question while I have not played Paradise Cove in ages, I am an active PG forum member & was wondering where we could move the Campus Life discussion. Could some Campus Life players join you all? While our sub forum is not very active, I would like to stay in contact with the PG community & given the age of both games it seems possible there could be similarities & benefits.
    Enjoying Campus Life since Sept. 2012! *Hope more people keep playing CL & other PG games*

This forum is being shut down at the end of the month.

Cool

Name:  A44BDC2D-FC53-44A6-8796-A05D4F07957B.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  10.1 KB. These are very easy directions to get into the Tavern
    Last edited by AngelaV; 05-15-18 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Add on
    Officer of " SirenValkyries “ Have a great day !!

Cool

Name:  C45753E0-40D9-400B-9277-33228157E5CE.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  12.3 KB. Sorry it’s as large as I can get it. I hope it is readable now.
    Last edited by AngelaV; 05-15-18 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Add on
    Officer of " SirenValkyries “ Have a great day !!

I understand the PG forum is being shut down, but since your sub forum seems more active it seems like you all already are talking about moving the discussion some where else like the Tavern. However, I did not know if I’d be welcome.
    Enjoying Campus Life since Sept. 2012! *Hope more people keep playing CL & other PG games*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast