Thread: What do you like about the Paradise Cove game?

What do you like about the Paradise Cove game?

Players are understandably upset at PG's current inability to keep the game running. I'm interested in what other players liked about the game when it was running smoothly. I'm not trying to start this conversation to be a cheerleader for PG. I'm looking for another game to play. At best it was only a matter of time before Paradise Cove was turned off.

One thing that made a huge positive difference to me as a player was the addition of the chat feature. As frustrating as it is to use it took the game to another level to be able to talk teammates.

I also really liked the land exploration quests. Those were a nice change of pace from all the battling.

I miss the guild quests that encouraged us to coordinate with each other to send out ships on voyages. Those were a different type of challenge.

How about you?

--------------------------
    My LINE ID is YeOldeGuild

In the beginning.....
    Lol...
    Really it was the quests where you felt like you were accomplishing something...they took hours, days and sometimes weeks to complete and there was a great satisfaction in completing them.

Then when they added the element of chance with the mermaids, it was fun when you thought you night actually win a big prize...which you never did...lol...

The addition of chat was great...the addition of battling, for me, was not.

So trying to keep this simple...it was quests and communicating with friends and having fun.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

Yes. I really liked the “figuring out stuff” element to the game. It was fun to occasionally win a whole bunch of rubies.

the adventure to clear lands,new territories,the quests to do so,the new coves up above and below the sea,new ships,treasure seeking. Then after a year or so the guild quests and i quite liked the battling but it wasn’t until i joined a “top” team that i won any decent loot. now i like to get the fleet ships to help improve my battle points for the guild. that’s about it over the 5 years or so.

The best and worst part for me was joining a guild.

The best because I found someone (astodd) who really helped me figure out how to play the game. (Thanks, astodd, for all your help!) Until then I had been a very casual, very part-time player. It was fun to do quests and open new land, but I could put the game down and walk away for weeks at a time. And joining a guild opened up the whole world of talking to other people who played on a daily basis.

I had been lurking about on the forum, reading what people were posting. A few people who still post became favorites - their sense of humor, their witty remarks. I won't mention any names. 'Meeting' - even in cyberspace - and talking to people around the world has been the best part of the game.

And guild play has been the worst part - I became addicted to buying ships in order to score more points. I have been known to fight all 24 rounds of guild battles. 22 is my average. That tells me I am in way too deep! I don't want to let my guild mates down.

The worst part of knowing the game will end is the thought of losing touch with the people I have come to be friends with.
    Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
    Lewis Carroll - Alice in Wonderland

Member Vaders_Fist_2

Quote Originally Posted by 38supercomp View Post
    The best and worst part for me was joining a guild.

The best because I found someone (astodd) who really helped me figure out how to play the game. (Thanks, astodd, for all your help!) Until then I had been a very casual, very part-time player. It was fun to do quests and open new land, but I could put the game down and walk away for weeks at a time. And joining a guild opened up the whole world of talking to other people who played on a daily basis.

I had been lurking about on the forum, reading what people were posting. A few people who still post became favorites - their sense of humor, their witty remarks. I won't mention any names. 'Meeting' - even in cyberspace - and talking to people around the world has been the best part of the game.

And guild play has been the worst part - I became addicted to buying ships in order to score more points. I have been known to fight all 24 rounds of guild battles. 22 is my average. That tells me I am in way too deep! I don't want to let my guild mates down.

The worst part of knowing the game will end is the thought of losing touch with the people I have come to be friends with.
    I have to agree with everything you have said, Supercomp. For me the thanks for helping me understand the game goes to raacco and luvhistory before that I too, could put the game down. But the friendships I have made has been awesome and I will thank PG for that aspect. RL beckons but still I have to come back several times a day......
    'I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer' - Dune litany. F.Herbert
    Home is where the heart is. My heart belongs to Roughseas

In the beginning, to out-smart PG, which is not that difficult.
    To crack their codes, say the damage point created by the att. is 50 equal points between factor of att.*0.5625 to att.*0.9375(?)

and in the end, collect all the goodies like rubies, color keys, ships.......
    Member of Catphins Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by hongchicken View Post
    In the beginning, to out-smart PG, which is not that difficult.
    To crack their codes, say the damage point created by the att. is 50 equal points between factor of att.*0.5625 to att.*0.9375(?)

and in the end, collect all the goodies like rubies, color keys, ships.......
    Can you explain that in English for all us non computer geeks please?
    Leader of the WE_GIVE_A_SHIP

I agree with giraffe. It used to be so much fun to conquer new lands and new quests. I also have enjoyed meeting people from different countries through this game. I haven’t enjoyed the constant battles but enjoyed the quests more. I just wish PG would either give us a thumbs up that they are working on a creating another version of TPC or give us a thumbs down that they are completely shutting down the game. I would highly encourage all to go on to other social media sites - twitter, TPC Facebook page, etc to post your dissatisfaction. Sometimes companies pay more attention to the those sites rather than a forum that is very limited to people who read it.
    Leader of Buccaneers

I only got better at battling when one of my guild members explained a more efficient way of fighting. It allowed me to about triple my score when the stars aligned. I would never have figured that out on my own and it was her clarity that turned the lightbulb on for me.

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    There are always other ways to stay in touch with your friends. This game alone shouldn't define you how do so.

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"