Thread: Recent changes

Recent changes

Even though I have finished Montezuma ages ago, PG has seen fit to make us get fireflies to renter Montezuma again.

They want us to get 200 fireflies

Name:  IMG_5950.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  20.2 KB

Although you can get fireflies keys from the ship, The Bug Catcher (who has very quick voyages - 30 min, 60 min, and 3 hr) and the merchant, The Bug Collector, the fireflies can only be got from opening the mystery chest.

Name:  IMG_5949.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  19.5 KB

I already had 184 fireflies keys, so I used them to open chests. Please note you don't get as many fireflies as you use fireflies keys to open them.

Name:  IMG_5951.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  20.9 KB

So now I only have 4 keys and have to collect more from ship and merchant to open the chest to get enough fireflies to open the portal. I will keep you posted on how it goes.

Picture about ship and merchant can be found here
    https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...ezuma-Spoilers
    Last edited by Crazy Tapper; 03-30-18 at 05:31 PM. Reason: There's a difference between fireflies and fireflies keys, I had to clarify.
    There is no fairness or consistency in TPC; so just because you have it in your cove, it may not be the case for everyone. And just because everyone else has it, doesn't mean you will. Except crashing, everybody has crashing!

Good news,
    The total of opened chest fireflies keys are cumulative.

I'm so glad I finally noticed the difference between what we get from ship and merchant and the mystery chest. It was doing my head in why they didn't match up.
    Last edited by Crazy Tapper; 03-30-18 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Fireflies and firefly keys are different.
    There is no fairness or consistency in TPC; so just because you have it in your cove, it may not be the case for everyone. And just because everyone else has it, doesn't mean you will. Except crashing, everybody has crashing!

Curious, I can still get into Montezuma without being asked for fireflies. I checked my total after reading these posts and it is less than 200. My Bug Catcher also only returned 3 white pearls when I sent it on a sprint voyage. Seems like not all of us are affected.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlou View Post
    Curious, I can still get into Montezuma without being asked for fireflies. I checked my total after reading these posts and it is less than 200. My Bug Catcher also only returned 3 white pearls when I sent it on a sprint voyage. Seems like not all of us are affected.
    Doesn't surprise me. Have you read my signature?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Tapper View Post
    Doesn't surprise me. Have you read my signature?
    Yes, very much made me think of your signature line.

The same change happened to me too. I had enough keys so I got 200 fireflies and went there. I really cannot tell anything new nor different. I wonder what would happen after 2 days since it says it is open only for that much time

Quote Originally Posted by JohnSmithII View Post
    The same change happened to me too. I had enough keys so I got 200 fireflies and went there. I really cannot tell anything new nor different. I wonder what would happen after 2 days since it says it is open only for that much time
    IDK, but we'll find out in 2 days....

Probably nothing, just have to get 200 fireflies again.

One of my guildmates said it had happened to her. She said after a while it went back to normal. Hope ours do the same.

It has been 2 days for me. And yes you are right CT, I have to get another 200 fireflies if I want to go there.

It has been 2 days for me. And yes you are right CT, I have to get another 200 fireflies if I want to go there.
    Me too. I'm sending Bug Catcher out again.

Last two times Bug Catcher stopped getting keys. It just brought back pearls...

Last two times Bug Catcher stopped getting keys. It just brought back pearls...
    Is your portal open? It does not bring keys when the portal is open.

Yes it is open. I learned what you said a hard way which is always the only way. I thought I would get keys ahead so I can keep it open all the time. Like it used to be. Oh well

My 2 days is up again. Sending Bug Catcher out for Keys

My 2 days is up again. Sending Bug Catcher out for Keys
    Me too, but I'm not going to open it until I need to do a quest there.

Good idea

Just discovered, there's a limit on keys, I can only keep 400 keys. Merchant and voyages no longer produce any. I'll have to convert to fireflies and open portal, or not get anymore until I do.

I do not know what happened but I no longer need fireflies to enter. It is open open. Back to normal for me.

Mine is still needing fireflies. And there is a limit on how many you can get, it's 300.