Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 89

Thread: Recent Tensions in the Forum

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Employee Jesse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,206

    Recent Tensions in the Forum

    Hey everyone,

    There looks to be a bit of tension in the community recently around accusations of players that may not be playing the game fairly. I would like to assure everyone that our systems are always checking the servers for players that may be modifying their game client or if our servers detect any unfair play, then implementing action on those accounts.

    With this in mind it is important to note that while we don't like to speak on details of another player's account it's safe to assume that if nothing has been done to a player's account then they should be playing legitimately. There's also not a lot of information that can be disseminated from the forums and observations from the game, so it's not always best to point fingers at other players based on them. If you feel we may have missed something then you can let us know. In the event that no action is taken then it's because we have determined that no action is necessary.

    I hope this was able to clear things up.

    Jesse

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
    Hey everyone,

    There looks to be a bit of tension in the community recently around accusations of players that may not be playing the game fairly. I would like to assure everyone that our systems are always checking the servers for players that may be modifying their game client or if our servers detect any unfair play, then implementing action on those accounts.

    With this in mind it is important to note that while we don't like to speak on details of another player's account it's safe to assume that if nothing has been done to a player's account then they should be playing legitimately. There's also not a lot of information that can be disseminated from the forums and observations from the game, so it's not always best to point fingers at other players based on them. If you feel we may have missed something then you can let us know. In the event that no action is taken then it's because we have determined that no action is necessary.

    I hope this was able to clear things up.

    Jesse
    Hi Jesse! Excluded players do not deal with the problem? We asked you 1000 questions! When will we be back? Or did we blame something?

  3. #3

    What cheats are we talking about?

    What cheats are we talking about?

    Always tension among pirates

  4. #4
    I wonder what anyone would gain in the form of satisfaction or sense of achievement or even appreciation from fellow players by cheating. I am not a regular in this game and trying for a comeback with some good advice from players like Paricalu, Giraffe, Blue and MrsRipple. This topic catches my eyes and I have been thinking why anyone would waste their valuable quality time in playing a game by cheating. It doesn't make sense to me.

  5. #5
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    297
    Hi Jesse,

    I can only assume that you are referring to my thread (Impossible to win).
    I along with a few others spent many months researching this topic. Our findings are factual but alas we can't post them, but i know they have been passed onto you via various sources.

    The mere fact that these ghost guilds and many of these new unknown IDs disappeared overnight speaks volumes to us and adds great weight to our argument, after all if there was nothing underhanded going on surely they would have just continued as normal!

    There's still a few bogus/dodgy IDs knocking around mixed in with the regular guilds, but even they have limited their scoring so they do not to bring attention to themselves, i'm sure you're aware who they are, but in general terms we have got our game back at last.
    Leader of the WE_GIVE_A_SHIP

  6. #6
    Member Lenie, lcbvdt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    51
    Well said Brendan, 100% agree.

    Why is it we cannot speak of cheaters? By cheating you’ve relinquished your rights. If you don’t want your account discussed then don’t cheat.
    As far I know there are no player names mentioned here. No harm is done.
    And if not for us legit players speaking out maybe PG never would’ve noticed

    I know in which guilds some of them are now, limited their scores and some regular players not playing the last 4 events and this event. So guild score looks almost like usual....

    So I'm watching them again this event!

    Lenie,
    Leader Bombanators
    Last edited by Lenie, lcbvdt; 03-11-18 at 12:21 AM.

  7. #7
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    31

    Chearing

    Quote Originally Posted by BrendanU View Post
    Hi Jesse,

    I can only assume that you are referring to my thread (Impossible to win).
    I along with a few others spent many months researching this topic. Our findings are factual but alas we can't post them, but i know they have been passed onto you via various sources.

    The mere fact that these ghost guilds and many of these new unknown IDs disappeared overnight speaks volumes to us and adds great weight to our argument, after all if there was nothing underhanded going on surely they would have just continued as normal!

    There's still a few bogus/dodgy IDs knocking around mixed in with the regular guilds, but even they have limited their scoring so they do not to bring attention to themselves, i'm sure you're aware who they are, but in general terms we have got our game back at last.
    Totally agree with you, Brendan.
    Everyone knows who the big cheaters are - and nothing happens.

  8. #8
    Longtime Tapper
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    QC, Canada
    Posts
    744
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
    Hey everyone,

    There looks to be a bit of tension in the community recently around accusations of players that may not be playing the game fairly. I would like to assure everyone that our systems are always checking the servers for players that may be modifying their game client or if our servers detect any unfair play, then implementing action on those accounts.

    With this in mind it is important to note that while we don't like to speak on details of another player's account it's safe to assume that if nothing has been done to a player's account then they should be playing legitimately. There's also not a lot of information that can be disseminated from the forums and observations from the game, so it's not always best to point fingers at other players based on them. If you feel we may have missed something then you can let us know. In the event that no action is taken then it's because we have determined that no action is necessary.

    I hope this was able to clear things up.

    Jesse
    Sorry Jesse, it does not clear things up for me. I really believe that there is ways of cheating that your program does not detects right now. I will not talk about that here. I leave it to someone else.

    However the whole thing can bring down to the point that players believe impossible the number of points that some players count in only one hour, match after match of the same event.

    THere is one physical limit to the number of points that one can count. Of course, we can calculate various limits based on various factors.
    THere are some facts we can used to calculate the limit:

    THere is only 3600 secs in one hour.
    It takes more than one sec to get down one ship.
    Using only rubies creates a lagging.
    The game might crash at least one time.

    One factor that has been brough up very often is the banners that multiply the points. There is a fact about banners that never has been discussed here : It is highly unlikely to get non-stop banners during a match. It is very unlikely to get non-stop 4x banners during a whole match. So one player cannot use the banners argument to justify the number of points if that number implies too many banners or 4x banners.

    One another fact:
    The odds to have multiple players being as lucky one that the others to get very high amount of banners are too little to be considered as an explanation to justify an outrageous amounts of points count by a team formed only with 2-3 players, each of them counting enormous among of points.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    If we knew the algorithm PG use to distribute banners, it would be possible to calculate a good approximation of the odds to get a banner. From there, we could do an approximation of the limit of points one players can do. That value could be non doable in real life but it would help to give an idea of what number could be consider as impossible.

    -------------------------
    As we do not have all the info to do the calculation (only your programmers can do it) our judment must be based on our experience and feelings.

    There are out there players who did use rubies to fight a whole match, and several times. Those players have a good feeling of what numbers are possible and what are not. When those players tell you the number of points of some players are suspicious, I really think PG should listen them and ask them (in private communication) why they are thinking that (on which facts).

    I also think PG should ask themselves question about how it is possible to players who came lately in the Ranks board to win more points than players who were in first ranks since almost the creation of that board and who never stopped to fight hard since. And examine the observation with the question: is it physicaly possible to do it? What could explain that?

    Second fact : it is only at a specific moment that we saw players topping the limit in the activity points events. Before it was none. It started by one player and then we rapidly saw several players reaching the limits IN ALL boards. Did PG do an estimate what is the minimum of rubies one players must spend to top all categories of those events AND what is the minimum of time needed to achieve it? Sometimes players count there too really quickly points.

    To summarize :
    Players use their experience and feelings. We might not be able to calculate precise limit of points, however we can tell when something look fishy. When the reaction seems shared among various team, it might be wise to look closer of what could have been missed.

    Best Regards

    P.S. I do not point any specific players. I talked about suspicious "phenomena"
    Last edited by Damedesetoiles; 03-11-18 at 09:26 PM.
    Damedesetoiles/Ladyofthestars
    Officer of TPCPirates

  9. #9
    Giraffic Explorer giraffe510's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Buckeye country, Ohio
    Posts
    9,754
    Jesse...safe to assume they are legitimate players...Sorry....NOT.

    Yep....major cheaters. And we know the guilds. And if you are in a guild where this is going in and you do nothing, you are cheating as well....is it worth it to feel like this for a game?

    And now we know stopping banners will not help....they do not even need them to cheat or score amazing points.

    But how about this, PG...just try it for one versus....take the top 4-5 teams from last month from each board and put them in their own special board. Let all 20-25 teams automatically win a ship and let the rest of the prizes be GPs, BPs or whatever.

    Then let all the other teams play normally on the other four boards. Oh, and since they will spread out now into other teams, do not announce when you are going to do this and do not tell them when you are stopping jumping between guilds.

    Then maybe we could have ONE real versus among the other teams who just want to have real competition and a chance at a top ship.

    Or even better....give every team that reaches a certain number of points a top ship...just make it an obtainable number for guilds.

    Sick of this...rant over...
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

  10. #10
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    LINE ID: YeOldeGuild
    Posts
    22
    I don't know enough about the game to comment on cheaters but giraffe510's idea to create a board for the very best teams is terrific! PG could bill it as an "invitational tournament for champions"! I bet you could make them buy into the tournament too. I'm sure it would be much more of a challenge for top teams to battle it out with the best than it is to constantly clobber weaker teams as they currently do. That must be boring.

  11. #11
    Giraffic Explorer giraffe510's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Buckeye country, Ohio
    Posts
    9,754
    Aw, bless you, YOG...but this is not a new idea...the top teams...many who certainly do not cheat...do not really want this...which is why i said to give them all the top ship automatically...so that they will be okay with battling each other....most have worked hard at recruiting and building their guild families. But, it certainly would be fun to have everyone else be able to have the possibility of winnng ships or better prizes. Otherwise, the game is done for so many.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by giraffe510 View Post
    Jesse...safe to assume they are legitimate players...Sorry....NOT.

    Yep....major cheaters. And we know the guilds. And if you are in a guild where this is going in and you do nothing, you are cheating as well....is it worth it to feel like this for a game?


    Sick of this...rant over...
    I agree completely with you!
    Leader of WeStealNoShip
    Game ID: Appelus


    “Honesty is a very expensive gift, don’t expect it from cheap people”

  13. #13
    Member CVBlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    104
    BLINDEST is the one who doesn't want to see

    Just check the battle points of the top 10 scorers of TPC and you can see an huuuge difference from first to second (more than double the points)!
    Aren't enough evidences?
    Wow! Or someone trying to show us that:
    We have a genius (much more recent player) playing among us and the rest are "dumb".
    I rest my case...
    Last edited by CVBlackCat; 03-24-18 at 12:48 AM.
    CrazyCanucks1 Officer

  14. #14

    Still happening

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
    Hey everyone,

    There looks to be a bit of tension in the community recently around accusations of players that may not be playing the game fairly. I would like to assure everyone that our systems are always checking the servers for players that may be modifying their game client or if our servers detect any unfair play, then implementing action on those accounts.

    With this in mind it is important to note that while we don't like to speak on details of another player's account it's safe to assume that if nothing has been done to a player's account then they should be playing legitimately. There's also not a lot of information that can be disseminated from the forums and observations from the game, so it's not always best to point fingers at other players based on them. If you feel we may have missed something then you can let us know. In the event that no action is taken then it's because we have determined that no action is necessary.

    I hope this was able to clear things up.

    Jesse

    PG please note that the “ghost games” appear to be disbursed amongst long time Guilds, putting up beyond human scores. Scores are being tracked and will be forwarded to you soon.

  15. #15
    I‘m very sorry, Jesse, but I can’t agree with you! Your statement is very disappointing and it is a kick in the teeth of all players who fight for fair play.

    I will give you an example why: In the first event of January, one player scored almost 24k points at one weekend. The player scored even a few points more than Joggernauts and TheWaverunners. Both guilds were full! So one player scored more than 50 !!! players together at one weekend! The player still plays in a guild Who gives a sh!t on fair play! And now you want to tell me that the player would have achieved this score legally? Really? Are you kidding me?

    Several players have reported ghost guilds, ghost accounts and some of the players who are responsible for them for several times. The ghost guilds disappeared and some of the accounts too, but some still still exist and play protected and hidden by players/teams which want to get better prizes at any costs and everyone here knows that.

    Don’t blame us! Blame yourself that you’re not able to convict them!
    Last edited by Sternenglitzerfee; 03-19-18 at 02:59 AM.
    Leader of WeStealNoShip
    Game ID: Appelus


    “Honesty is a very expensive gift, don’t expect it from cheap people”

  16. #16
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by Sternenglitzerfee View Post
    I‘m very sorry, Jesse, but I can’t agree with you! Your statement is very disappointing and it is a kick in the teeth of all players who fight for fair play.

    I will give you an example why: In the second event of January, one player scored almost 24k points at one weekend. The player scored even a few points more than Joggernauts (that came in 5th) and TheWaverunners (that came in 8th). Both guilds were full! So one player scored more than 50 !!! players together at one weekend! The player still plays in a guild Who give a sh!t on fair play! And now you want to tell me that the player would have achieved this score legally? Really? Are you kidding me?

    Several players have reported ghost guilds, ghost accounts and some of the players who are responsible for them for several times. The ghost guilds disappeared and some of the accounts too, but some still still exist and play protected and hidden by players/teams which want to get better prizes at any costs and everyone here knows that.

    Don’t blame us! Blame yourself that you’re not able to convict them!
    Is that twice in as many months that we have agreed ��
    I agree 1000%, it's happening right under everyone's nose, we all know exactly which games/guilds it is, but cannot post the names, well i'm going to post them before long in a separate thread if it doesn't stop!

    This game is supposed to be fun between many friends but at the moment it's far from it I'm afraid. Just the one EX friend is spoiling it for us all!!!!!!!!!!! Fancy a round anyone..........
    Leader of the WE_GIVE_A_SHIP

  17. #17
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    31
    Yes, the ghost guilds disappeared, but not the accounts - infiltrating now some big teams, among them teams I always considered to be honorable until recently.
    Or, in other words: A "player" with a passion for balls and cards discovered her sense of family...


    Officer of Cannonbllrun

  18. #18
    Active Member CeeBora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    227
    if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, IT IS A DUCK, PG!

  19. #19
    Longtime Tapper
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    569
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
    then implementing action on those accounts.
    Can I ask what action you are taking because I sent a message previously highlighting players whose game level was reducing and yet these players are still playing and, at least one of them has had their game level reduce even further since.

    PG need to grow some teeth and actually do something when presenting with an overwhelming amount of evidence that players are cheating.

  20. #20
    Longtime Tapper
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Seattle, WA USA
    Posts
    445
    Jesse, you are wrong. These are sophisticated cheaters, and your system is just unable to detect how they are doing it. Your legitimate players are very frustrated by this situation, and by PG’s seemingly lack of action, and the cheaters are causing the demise of this game even earlier than PG predicted. Your legitimate players, whose fun is being taken away by the actions of these few people, do not want to spend their hard-earned money supporting a game where you’ve just said this sort of action is not only tolerated, but almost encouraged.
    Officer in Cannonbllrun

  21. #21
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Mn.
    Posts
    16
    Don’t buy anything from PG until such time as they correct this and make game fair.

  22. #22
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodmose View Post
    Don’t buy anything from PG until such time as they correct this and make game fair.
    I think this is already happening. PG have made their own downfall by not closing the gaps and allowing players to find their own free rubie income. I know low level spinning is well in the past, but i believe it all started there, although it wasn't illegal if was slightly immoral but of course opinions will vary on that. The simple answer for PG would have been to raise the lower level for joining a guild, but no matter how many times it was pointed out, PG remined in denial and did nothing. I make no wonder less and less players spend on resources.
    Leader of the WE_GIVE_A_SHIP

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
    Hey everyone,

    There looks to be a bit of tension in the community recently around accusations of players that may not be playing the game fairly. I would like to assure everyone that our systems are always checking the servers for players that may be modifying their game client or if our servers detect any unfair play, then implementing action on those accounts.

    With this in mind it is important to note that while we don't like to speak on details of another player's account it's safe to assume that if nothing has been done to a player's account then they should be playing legitimately. There's also not a lot of information that can be disseminated from the forums and observations from the game, so it's not always best to point fingers at other players based on them. If you feel we may have missed something then you can let us know. In the event that no action is taken then it's because we have determined that no action is necessary.

    I hope this was able to clear things up.

    Jesse

    Well done PG. At least two boards sabotaged this weekend. One long standing game putting up 15k+ and games that have been around under 6 months that are able to outscore us who have played since the game began. Legit? Please! Pathetic.

  24. #24
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by Beth768 View Post
    Well done PG. At least two boards sabotaged this weekend. One long standing game putting up 15k+ and games that have been around under 6 months that are able to outscore us who have played since the game began. Legit? Please! Pathetic.
    Beth, i must agree 100%.

    A few will thing we're crying because we didn't win the top ship, but believe me if it means Golf and all her cloned games within her guild get banned i'll be mega happy with a 3k ship, and yes i mentioned her name!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'll mention all the cloned games names and guilds they are within if they're still there next week after lockdown or indeed reappear.
    Oh i almost forgot about a couple of her cloned games on the top of the Madness board too taking a top ship from CBR.
    It's now a bloody joke, legit players who have spent god knows how much over the years and they get banned and you can't look at a games history to see when it was created and ban the games who really deserve it.
    You mention the word Pathetic Beth, i think that's timid to be honest, PG should be ashamed, treating its customers like this.
    Last edited by BrendanU; 03-19-18 at 01:36 PM.
    Leader of the WE_GIVE_A_SHIP

  25. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    162
    Like many others who have posted recently, I have been disturbed by the obvious cheating, as described so accurately by Brendan, Sternenglitzerfee, and others. I know that numerous tickets have been submitted to Pocket Gems, with screenshot validation of impossible scores. There appeared to be little to no action to remedy the situation.

    Then I was heartened after Brendan’s thread “Impossible to Win” that Arlene became involved and promised to deal with cheaters and root them out.

    Magically, after Arlene’s post, cheating came to a screeching halt, and scores across all boards returned to normal. I was excited and encouraged. The game had returned to it’s former fairness. Yes, there were strong teams, but they were teams that played fair.

    Then, most unfortunately Jesse posts above that “there is no cheating here—move along.” And lo and behold, the cheaters returned! Impossible scores were again posted.

    I am left saddened and disgusted that the game I have long played and loved has been hijacked and nearly destroyed by a few. I’m even more upset by the PG reaction (or failure to act).

    If you need any more evidence that cheating does exist, compare the scores between Arlene’s post and Jesse’s. This alone is strong evidence that cheating is occurring.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •