Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Impossible to Win!

Quote Originally Posted by Paricalu View Post
    Maybe they have the brain!
    Everyone has a brain, some very brainy people in history did great things, but some had egos so large they caused havoc in the world, but truth will always win in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Ternce60 View Post
    Which by the way at the lower levels you get more banners!
    This is a good tip. Tanx for sharing. I always wondered about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ternce60 View Post
    There are also some top players whose generosity shares their ability with guilds who may not get a good strength ship any other way!
    This is a good thing. I know some players that are near and dear to me do this. As long as it is done legitimately, two thumbs up!

-CB

Quote Originally Posted by BrendanU View Post
    I'm guessing you don't like my thread Pali?
    Opinions vary i guess!
    I just wanted to make a joke to your joke!

Regarding your thread, I agree that you need an insane amount of points to win the top tier ship if PG "randomly" allocate you to an inappropriate board (e.g. Madness board of the 71st Guild Battle event). The situation is similar or even worst in the case of individual versus events:

https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...rdening-1-5-18

https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...ng-29-Dec-2017

https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...ns-24-Nov-2017

To be frank with you, I'm a 3k points frustrated player that will never be able to compete with players who allow themselves to spend more time/money and resources but I'll never accused them for cheating only because they are scoring more/faster than me!

PG, please remove the bonus banner from TPC....this will be a good starting point to reduce the inequities/suspicions!
    Guild: FireCats
    Player name: GGContraPG

Don't blame me....it's google translate's fault!

Longtime Tapper
    I just wanted to make a joke to your joke!

Regarding your thread, I agree that you need an insane amount of points to win the top tier ship if PG "randomly" allocate you to an inappropriate board (e.g. Madness board of the 71st Guild Battle event). The situation is similar or even worst in the case of individual versus events:

https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...rdening-1-5-18

https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...ng-29-Dec-2017

https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...ns-24-Nov-2017

To be frank with you, I'm a 3k points frustrated player that will never be able to compete with players who allow themselves to spend more time/money and resources but I'll never accused them for cheating only because they are scoring more/faster than me!

PG, please remove the bonus banner from TPC....this will be a good starting point to reduce the inequities/suspicions!
    Individual events are irrelevant to this thread as they are continuous and not time constrained which allows people with very large fleets to load/unload and battle to their hearts' content for the whole weekend if they wish or just sit for hours on end waiting for a banner. I think that accounts for the significantly higher scores in individual battles.

The same is not true of guild battles.

Quote Originally Posted by billybobbeaubum View Post
    Individual events are irrelevant to this thread as they are continuous and not time constrained which allows people with very large fleets to load/unload and battle to their hearts' content for the whole weekend if they wish or just sit for hours on end waiting for a banner. I think that accounts for the significantly higher scores in individual battles.

The same is not true of guild battles.
    You are right Billy....these events are different but the difference is made with rubies, especially in point versus. I have the feeling that this thread questions the way of getting rubies.

Regarding the guild battle versus, the top scorers don't load their ships during the fights!
    Guild: FireCats
    Player name: GGContraPG

Don't blame me....it's google translate's fault!

I have to say I’m past caring whether they are cheaters or not! They act immoraly and they are thieves! They steal prizes from players who play this game as it is supposed to be played. From players who love the game and the friendship they have found in their guilds. From players who play fairly and honestly! Even from players they call their friends.

But what’s much more important and much worse, they steal the fun and the trust from all of us!!!

They want to win at any cost and obviously they have only fun by laughing about all those who have been building up their fleets and have been improving their games for years. They are reckless and disrespectful to all of us!

Yes, one or the other of them gave a ship. But did they really give a ship to help? I don’t think so! I think it was just egotism and the try to buy a back up.

Cheating? Low level spinning? Who gives a sh!t? Not everything what is not illegal is right!!!
    Leader of Joggernauts
    Game ID: Appelus

ďHonesty is a very expensive gift, donít expect it from cheap peopleĒ

I have the feeling that this thread questions the way of getting rubies.
    From my personal view, the question of how these players get the rubies is exactly what Iím asking.

So I did some calculations based on observations during the weekendís event.
    On average, to get 100 kills using yes on every strategic fight, it takes approximately 1000 rubies.
    So to get 1800+ in a match without a banner you need to press yes once every 2 seconds and spend approximately 18,000 rubies.
    Letís say, for arguments sake, a player gets 2 2x points banners during that match, that would mean you could press yes every 2.3 seconds rather than every 2 which brings the total rubies down to about 16,000 to get 1800 points.
    The same players are putting up scores of 1800+ in a 1 hour match time and again, so if we say 6 times a weekend thatís 100,000+ rubies in an event.

It has been suggested that these scores are possible by people spinning mermaids at low levels and using the rubies they win to achieve the scores so to examine the statistics for this:
    It takes approximately 1 minute to spin the lowest coin mermaid 20 times then take the free spin on a ruby mermaid so if you spin non stop for 12 hours thatís 720 free spins. Letís say a generous average of 3 rubies per free spin cycle (allowing for the occasional 25 and 100 ruby win) thatís about 2200 rubies per day or 15,500 rubies per week.
    Add in 15 rubies per day for watching videos, 100 rubies per day for collections from ruby decorations, 9 rubies per day from Montezuma merchants that takes the total to about 16,500 per week.Thatís only just enough to hit that 1800 points once in an event. And remember thatís spinning non stop 12 hours a day 7 days a week. And Iím not even considering how it would be possible to get enough income to be able to do this at a level where mermaids are cheap enough to spin constantly.

Sorry but I just donít believe that anyone is spinning enough rubies to consistently score 1800 per match so that leaves 2 possibilities. Either they have developed a program which spins mermaids automatically 24 hours a day (although that still raises the issue of having enough income to allow that many spins) or they are getting as many rubies as they want via another illegal method. Iím not going to mention any of the methods that I am aware of but Iím sure plenty of you know what they are.

The point of all this (yes I actually do have a point!!) is that I think itís vitally important that when PG look at players who are reported for cheating they donít just look at how the scores are achieved but also how the player got the rubies to spend getting that score. Maybe they already do this, I have no idea as of course PG canít discuss any results from their investigations due to confidentiality.

One point of note is that the particular guild whoís members were scoring these ridiculous scores last event scored 25,000 points less this weekend. Maybe the suspicious players have been banned following all the tickets sent into PG, maybe they have moved to another guild (although no guild shot up from nowhere this weekend), maybe they fancied a weekend off or maybe, thanks to this thread started by Brendan and supported by so many respected players, as well as other threads over the last couple of weeks, they have realised that people are watching and WILL submit tickets about these insane scores and eventually they will get found out and banned (assuming of course they are doing something illegal)
    Last edited by andyb386; 01-23-18 at 05:37 PM.
    Player Name mrb386
    Proud member of the Cannonbll clan

Longtime Tapper
    Andy, your analysis is spot on and explains very well the reasons why legitimate players are asking these same questions. Iím convinced there is some ďunusualĒ manipulation of the game going on, and I sincerely hope PG can figure out how itís being done and more importantly, put a stop to it, because if they donít, it will eventually kill this game, as the legitimate players quit having fun and leave.
    Officer in Cannonbllrun

Quote Originally Posted by Luv2play View Post
    Andy, your analysis is spot on and explains very well the reasons why legitimate players are asking these same questions. Iím convinced there is some ďunusualĒ manipulation of the game going on, and I sincerely hope PG can figure out how itís being done and more importantly, put a stop to it, because if they donít, it will eventually kill this game, as the legitimate players quit having fun and leave.

I totally agree with you! Those players are killing the game with their multiple accounts! Some accounts are new and seem to multiply themselves and their scores, but some accounts are old ones and well known.

So I would like to ask everyone who gets the chance to take screenshots whenever you meet one of those guilds. Submit them to PG and report those players and those guilds! It is your right to do that!!!

I also ask everyone

Donít invite those players to your guilds!

Donít join them when they invite you!

Donít celebrate their scores!

Donít praise them for their helpfulness!

Donít support them by remaining silent!

Stop the silence and stand up for fair play!

https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...-for-fair-play!
    Last edited by Sternenglitzerfee; 01-24-18 at 03:05 AM. Reason: Adding link
    Leader of Joggernauts

billybobbeaubum,

I stated at the start of the versus battles that I wanted the banners to go away but was shouted down. And, of course, being a businesswoman, I know PG loves the revenue they create so I knew they were here to stay. I accepted that it was something that kept the game alive. But it certainly should have paid for more development in the game, wouldn't you think? Unless the rubies are not being purchased....

We have all seen glitches in the game and taken advantage of them...sometimes knowingly...sometimes not. But the past year has seen behavior in the game that is deeply unsettling as the TPC community had formed a camaraderie and competitive spirit that has now been destroyed.

Perhaps it will return to a more respectful and fun place to meet up...otherwise, many will be sailing for new lands and coves.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

Quote Originally Posted by giraffe510 View Post
    billybobbeaubum,

I stated at the start of the versus battles that I wanted the banners to go away but was shouted down.
    Remember the good old days when guild battles started and not only were there no banners but no quick and strategic fight buttons either. You had to fight manually, trying to get that stupid circle to go green. You could win a ship with less total guild points than the top guilds score in an hour now! Happy times
    Player Name mrb386

I'd just like to take the time out to thank everyone for their thoughts and constructive posts adding weight to the discussion.
    Clearly by the amount of interest shown, it's a subject many want to see the back of.
    I already had quite a lot of information in reserve should it be required, and together with further information I have received from sources close to the heart of the problem since my original post, i'm quite optimistic that together with PG we can put this problem to bed and get straight to the 19th for a few bevies.

Once again thanks everyone
    Officer in the 501st

Hey everyone, long time, no see. I have been moved to a less visible role here and no longer interact with you guys daily like I used to. I kind of miss it, truth be told. You were my first project here and will always hold a special place for me. That being said, the cheating issue has been a topic of discussion for us internally and we are now actively trying to find ways to mitigate it and improve our processes for preventing it. It is going to take time to get there, but we are working on it. It is a priority for myself and others here. I know it is frustrating and generally no bueno when you are a player that does not cheat and you end up robbed due to someone that does. To that end, I will be monitoring the event this weekend and if you see someone that you suspect of cheating, please send a ticket ATT: Arlene with any screenshots you can grab and the guild name and player name. I will be manually booting anyone that is confirmed to be a cheater. Going forward we will hopefully find a less labor intensive and report driven way to prevent this. But for now, this will help. You may see a repeat of this message on other threads as I want to get it out to everyone.
    Arlene (yes, the one from support )

As I said on the other thread, thank you. It is good to see that PG is looking at this and that you have replied on the forum.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

Thanks Arlene. That’s great news
    Player Name mrb386

That is fantastic. I think I will come out of retirement when this issue is resolved. I’d LOVE to have my beloved game back.
    Nothing ventured....

Name:  2FF4C708-97AF-4705-A991-B8BC7FBC4FB9.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  12.5 KB

Well said everyone,have some dark chocolate here.

Thanks Arlene!

Hello Arlene

Just a confirmation please. You say that you are monitoring this coming weekend. This coming weekend is an individual point versus. We will not be able to see which guild a player is. Same goes for individual battle events, unless we know where a particular player plays. Would you therefor be monitoring the first guild battle?

Longtime Tapper
    Quote Originally Posted by andyb386 View Post
    Remember the good old days when guild battles started and not only were there no banners but no quick and strategic fight buttons either. You had to fight manually, trying to get that stupid circle to go green. You could win a ship with less total guild points than the top guilds score in an hour now! Happy times
    Do you guys not still battle like that? I shun the quick and strategic button and just battle old school... I may only get 8 wins in an hour but I feel like I've really earned those points

Thanks Arlene, great news!

Thank you Arlene.

Thank you Arlene.

Quote Originally Posted by billybobbeaubum View Post
    Do you guys not still battle like that? I shun the quick and strategic button and just battle old school... I may only get 8 wins in an hour but I feel like I've really earned those points
    Every point counts Billy! You keep doing what you do!😂

Quote Originally Posted by Beth768 View Post
    Every point counts Billy! You keep doing what you do!��
    Well, Waverunners came in 8th with a lead of only one point, so I just can agrre! ;-)
    Leader of Joggernauts

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast