Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 157

Thread: Impossible to Win!

  1. #26
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    221
    Well said, everyone. I, and my guild feel the same way. We want to play; we like playing; but increasingly it's become a chore. I want to be able to ignore the BS that's happening around us, but when we continually place lower and lower down the leaderboards, it's hard to recruit new players (if there are any left). Most of my team routinely scores 300+ points per game. We would love to have new members who can score 200+ points per weekend (not a huge ask). But with all then pinks and pans already happily ensconced in guilds already, the only players left are the insane bots or the deadbeats. It's a tough cycle to break.

    Thank you again for being honest about your concerns and being brave enough to voice them.
    Leader of the Quadrophonics

  2. #27
    Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    23,968
    A quick note. I am receiving a lot of emails on top of the usual one's. I may not be able to reply to each individual email but I am reading them. Every email have been very helpful so far. Appreciate you taking the time to send me the information. My silence does not indicate nothing is happening, this is something I have been discussing with PG for a while. It will probably take a bit of time, just making you all aware.


    "If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

  3. #28
    Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    23,968
    Quote Originally Posted by BrendanU View Post
    Just to add to my initial post, i have received quite a few PMs regarding my comments, many thanks for everyones support in this matter. It certainly needed bringing to a head.
    Unfortunately none of the PMs are pointing me in the right direction as to where i can find these great players, I wonder why ????

    My theory is they are BOTS, yes computerised players folks. I have played against them quite a few times and watch them score. One by one they score 250-350 per match, i'm assuming to try and avoid individual suspicion. But more often than not the scores don't grow, they just appear in 3/4 minute intervals giving a good overall guild score that can't be matched by us humans.

    I'm quite intreagued as to others theories, or indeed facts, please share.
    No Bots, just idiots.


    "If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

  4. #29
    Giraffic Explorer giraffe510's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Buckeye country, Ohio
    Posts
    9,756
    I do not believe there are bots. I may be naive but I have never gotten the sense these are BOT players.
    They are gamers in the sense that they figure every angle, every strategy and every manipulation to increase their scores.
    I personally have a life and so I, and the members of our guild, will continue to try to enjoy the game for what it should be...a fun way to relax and touch base with friends and fellow TPC players who love the game for the quests and the checking off of completed tasks....along with a sense of accomplishment and the warm fuzzies.....
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

  5. #30
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    383
    It is strange these guilds don’t seem to want to play this weekend, I wonder why that is.

  6. #31
    I have 700+ ships that are 100% preloaded.
    I used to love individual battle events & could win now & then.
    Now I am finding top 4 placement is impossible.
    Add banners, rubies, thousands of boosts & about 100 repair speed ups
    and still cannot place top 4. To be beat by the same players every time.
    Players that didn’t exits a year ago.
    I wonder are many of them players that were once banned & returned with
    a new profile even stronger?
    Last edited by Padisha; 01-21-18 at 08:52 AM.

  7. #32
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarlov View Post
    It is strange these guilds don’t seem to want to play this weekend, I wonder why that is.
    Possibly on the driving range perhaps???????????
    Leader of the WE_GIVE_A_SHIP

  8. #33
    Active Member CeeBora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    228
    I like to throw in my two cents (er, maybe Bitcoins ) in support of this thread. Kudos to the top players who have voiced their concerns and am so glad this thread has not sunk into the chocolate quicksand . This is a serious issue that has discouraged a lot of legit players from playing this game. In support of PG, I have to say that I've noticed some of these over-night guilds have been removed, but the problem is the players are not removed; they move on and create another team. I've been disgusted so much that I personally don't give rat's hairy behind any more on winning the top ship. I still play the game and still enjoy it for what it is. I care more about the social aspect of the game by hopping around and meeting new friends. Regarding the BOT theory, I can neither refute it nor approve it. It is a possibility. But my opinion is that these folks have found way(s) to manipulate the game to their advantage. I'm optimistic that PG will do something about this.

    Warm regards,

    -CB

  9. #34
    Active Member Delia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    276
    The way I see it... the Thors will all end up playing each other ...

    you can’t compete against such “teams”. Morale will dwindle.. and then there are 25 fewer players in a “closed players pool” you don’t have to compete with anymore ... ha ha

    The boat was sinking folks. Now it’s just sinking a lot faster
    No I do not wear tights.... I wear the required uniform!!!! If I can't find the uniform... I let my freak flag fly. Why? Because I can!!

  10. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by BrendanU View Post
    Possibly on the driving range perhaps???????????
    Bingo!!!
    Leader of WeStealNoShip
    Game ID: Appelus


    “Honesty is a very expensive gift, don’t expect it from cheap people”

  11. #36

    Impossible to win

    Quote Originally Posted by BrendanU View Post
    Just to add to my initial post, i have received quite a few PMs regarding my comments, many thanks for everyones support in this matter. It certainly needed bringing to a head.
    Unfortunately none of the PMs are pointing me in the right direction as to where i can find these great players, I wonder why ????

    My theory is they are BOTS, yes computerised players folks. I have played against them quite a few times and watch them score. One by one they score 250-350 per match, i'm assuming to try and avoid individual suspicion. But more often than not the scores don't grow, they just appear in 3/4 minute intervals giving a good overall guild score that can't be matched by us humans.

    I'm quite intreagued as to others theories, or indeed facts, please share.
    I am amazed by the stunning amount of players on here who should be recognising players who have learned to play the game to its fullest extent.
    It cannot be cheating if you are following the rules of this game and spend months spinning with mermaids to gain the rubies needed for the game.
    It therefore follows that it cannot be cheating if having gained sufficient rubies and ships, the players decide to stay at a lower level to battle. Which by the way at the lower levels you get more banners!
    Furthermore I am flabbergasted to read about former top guns moaning because they are no longer top guns. They weren’t complaining when they were putting up huge scores and couldn’t be caught by the “normal players”.
    Nobody has mentioned the possibility that some high scoring players have got together specifically to take down the usual top guilds, which is refreshing to see!
    There are also some top players whose generosity shares their ability with guilds who may not get a good strength ship any other way!
    So in short I am backing the ghost guilds and cheering them on they have found a way to defeat the usual top guilds who should have enough top ships by now!!!

  12. #37

    Reply to your first post

    Quote Originally Posted by Ternce60 View Post
    I am amazed by the stunning amount of players on here who should be recognising players who have learned to play the game to its fullest extent.
    It cannot be cheating if you are following the rules of this game and spend months spinning with mermaids to gain the rubies needed for the game.
    It therefore follows that it cannot be cheating if having gained sufficient rubies and ships, the players decide to stay at a lower level to battle. Which by the way at the lower levels you get more banners!
    Furthermore I am flabbergasted to read about former top guns moaning because they are no longer top guns. They weren’t complaining when they were putting up huge scores and couldn’t be caught by the “normal players”.
    Nobody has mentioned the possibility that some high scoring players have got together specifically to take down the usual top guilds, which is refreshing to see!
    There are also some top players whose generosity shares their ability with guilds who may not get a good strength ship any other way!
    So in short I am backing the ghost guilds and cheering them on they have found a way to defeat the usual top guilds who should have enough top ships by now!!!
    I have been following this thread with interest and am totally with the first 35 comments. I have played this game since it first began, and like many of you, have built up my fleet, built up my ruby tree farm and perfected (*cough cough*) my battling skills (*work in progress!)... etc etc etc
    In response to post #36 above, I actually found Yamato’s post quite compelling, probably one of the most significant and best posts i have ever read on the Forum. Of course, I know him quite well having played alongside him for a couple of years and so I know full well what his capabilities are.
    So far there's been 1,956 views on this thread without disagreement, which, I believe, says a lot about how us long time players feel and in essence, what Is really going on. This has gone far beyond the spinning era, which was some time ago now, and, I would say, is pretty much long gone.
    To my knowledge, its’s not possible to constantly spin cheaply after level 17 (and at level 17, you cannot get enough merchants to pay out the coin value you’d need to forever spin) so I would say that's your theory out of the water because the players in question are all well above that level.

    But thank you for your first ever post on the forum, granted I’m not a usual poster, but it’s interesting that you would choose this to be your first post.
    Last edited by Beth768; 01-22-18 at 03:18 PM.

  13. #38
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by Ternce60 View Post
    I am amazed by the stunning amount of players on here who should be recognising players who have learned to play the game to its fullest extent.
    It cannot be cheating if you are following the rules of this game and spend months spinning with mermaids to gain the rubies needed for the game.
    It therefore follows that it cannot be cheating if having gained sufficient rubies and ships, the players decide to stay at a lower level to battle. Which by the way at the lower levels you get more banners!
    Furthermore I am flabbergasted to read about former top guns moaning because they are no longer top guns. They weren’t complaining when they were putting up huge scores and couldn’t be caught by the “normal players”.
    Nobody has mentioned the possibility that some high scoring players have got together specifically to take down the usual top guilds, which is refreshing to see!
    There are also some top players whose generosity shares their ability with guilds who may not get a good strength ship any other way!
    So in short I am backing the ghost guilds and cheering them on they have found a way to defeat the usual top guilds who should have enough top ships by now!!!
    Golden vulture award for this post!

  14. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Flüschu View Post
    Golden vulture award for this post!
    Flüschu I love your posts more and more! :-) And I totaly agree!
    Leader of WeStealNoShip
    Game ID: Appelus


    “Honesty is a very expensive gift, don’t expect it from cheap people”

  15. #40
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    300
    I actually love people that post from behind the scenes due to having no balls to post under their own name!
    Leader of the WE_GIVE_A_SHIP

  16. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by BrendanU View Post
    I actually love people that post from behind the scenes due to having no balls to post under their own name!
    Hole in one!!!

  17. #42
    Sorority Superstar Pinkpanther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,616
    Quote Originally Posted by BrendanU View Post
    Possibly on the driving range perhaps???????????
    Quote Originally Posted by Sternenglitzerfee View Post
    Bingo!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beth768 View Post
    Hole in one!!!
    Last edited by Pinkpanther; 01-22-18 at 04:59 PM.

  18. #43
    Longtime Tapper
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    569
    Quote Originally Posted by BrendanU View Post
    I actually love people that post from behind the scenes due to having no balls to post under their own name!
    Hey! Below the belt ;-)

  19. #44
    Rofl
    Leader of WeStealNoShip
    Game ID: Appelus


    “Honesty is a very expensive gift, don’t expect it from cheap people”

  20. #45
    Sorority Superstar Pinkpanther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,616
    Quote Originally Posted by BrendanU View Post
    I actually love people....having no balls!
    Damn Right you are!!

    Name:  FDD8DBEF-670E-4178-81E0-020DC8147450.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  19.4 KB

    ps: I have no intention of losing the seriousness in this thread.... But I can’t miss certain things

  21. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkpanther View Post
    Damn Right you are!!

    Name:  FDD8DBEF-670E-4178-81E0-020DC8147450.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  19.4 KB

    ps: I have no intention of losing the seriousness in this thread.... But I can’t miss certain things

    I’ve heard a little distraction would be allowed always! :-) Btw that girl obviously doesn’t eat chocolate! ;-)
    Leader of WeStealNoShip
    Game ID: Appelus


    “Honesty is a very expensive gift, don’t expect it from cheap people”

  22. #47
    Longtime Tapper Paricalu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    565
    Quote Originally Posted by Beth768 View Post
    To my knowledge, its’s not possible to constantly spin cheaply after level 17 (and at level 17, you cannot get enough merchants to pay out the coin value you’d need to forever spin) so I would say that's your theory out of the water because the players in question are all well above that level.
    Beth, what are you trying to say with mermaid spin cost at level 17??? I'm playing at low level for more than 4 years and to important levels are:
    1. level 6 - you get the mermaid and at this level you have the best ratio between daily coins income and Kelp Forest Value;
    2. level 15 - you are able to join a guild;
    3. level 20 - you get the storage.

    More info about mermaid spin cost can found here:
    http://tapparadisecove.wikia.com/wiki/Mermaids
    Guilds: FireCats and Dolphins_U35
    Player name: GGContraPG and CaptainXXL

    Don't blame me....it's google translate's fault!

  23. #48
    Longtime Tapper Paricalu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    565
    Quote Originally Posted by BrendanU View Post
    I actually love people that post from behind the scenes due to having no balls to post under their own name!
    Maybe they have the brain!
    Guilds: FireCats and Dolphins_U35
    Player name: GGContraPG and CaptainXXL

    Don't blame me....it's google translate's fault!

  24. #49
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by Paricalu View Post
    Maybe they have the brain!
    I'm guessing you don't like my thread Pali?
    Opinions vary i guess!
    Leader of the WE_GIVE_A_SHIP

  25. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Paricalu View Post
    Beth, what are you trying to say with mermaid spin cost at level 17??? I'm playing at low level for more than 4 years and to important levels are:
    1. level 6 - you get the mermaid and at this level you have the best ratio between daily coins income and Kelp Forest Value;
    2. level 15 - you are able to join a guild;
    3. level 20 - you get the storage.

    More info about mermaid spin cost can found here:
    http://tapparadisecove.wikia.com/wiki/Mermaids
    That after level 17, it becomes very expensive to spin and sustaining it long-term is difficult.. at level 30+ it’s extremely difficult and at level 40+ it’s pretty much impossible. Like you say Pali, you’ve played at a lower level for 4 years, it takes time to do what you do. It’s not possible to do that overnight.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •