Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Impossible to Win!

Hi! I am writing from the team LVL60Mutineers. We have similar angst! Our team is only 20 people large, yet we consistently hit top 15, often hit top ten, and when everyone can participate fully, we hit top 8. We are currently desperate to fine 5 more active and fun players to join us and get into the top prize! If you are interested, we’d love to see you join us.

Thank you Arlene!

Quote Originally Posted by andyb386 View Post
    Remember the good old days when guild battles started and not only were there no banners but no quick and strategic fight buttons either. You had to fight manually, trying to get that stupid circle to go green. You could win a ship with less total guild points than the top guilds score in an hour now! Happy times
    I certainly remember, Andy...and the sense of accomplishment...
    Sigh...
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

Lol, piratefun...I see you are not missing an opportunity to recruit.

Ask not what the game can do you - Ask what you can do to the game!!

Going back to the intended purpose of this thread......eliminating the cheaters......

It is nice to see the note from Arlene here and her personal commitment to exterminate the “bugs” in the game!

In the mean time I have been thinking what the legit players could do to help the process and give the game we love a little extra longevity. It is akin to citizens protecting their home from rioters and giving a helping hand to the police.

I have been playing this game on and off. So I can’t make a clever judgement on how much a player can score without really have to buy rubies. Can we have a healthy debate about a realistic max score (ball park not accurate figures) based on the fact the player has all ruby decos issues thus far, get max number of ruby ads every day, has all TOP ships with preloads, gets the best yield in fortnightly shovel digs, gets fair amount of banners, fair spin rubies at at level where we can enter in guild, spends all resources available in every match and anything I have missed out. (I broached this idea with some who have voiced their concern here and they in turn checked with their mates who are the TOP scorers. Based on that, the average figure comes around 7 to 8K points the best).

If we all agree on a fair number, all PG has to check is that whether those who score above that number buys rubies or not. If they don’t the job becomes easy...... to give the boot!!

So now the only way out for cheaters will be to form ghost teams and even out the scores for all the cloned players in the team to the limit we all agree. If they do so then once again they will standout from the rest, which their opponents can find and report for eliminating that team as a whole from the event.

I do understand that this will be difficult if they hide in legit teams in big numbers or join hands with light players in a ghost team and play their way to the “GLORY” of getting the TOP ship. We can also debate about how to put an end to that too.....

Food for thought.......

ps: I just saw the note from Giraffe and then read the footnote which I like the best.

We love this game...... and you read the footnote.......

Pink, this is a great idea, however I wonder whether the better question may be the maximum points in an hour rather than over a the total event.

There is a whole world of difference between a genuinely committed player who wakes up every 2 hours through the night and plays 20+ matches to score 7-8k (to take your figure) at an average of 260 per hour, assuming they do both of the long matches, and a rather more questionable player who only plays for 4 hours but gets 1800+ in each of those matches to get the same 7-8k total. Both have the same total score. I wouldn't question the 1st player (except maybe their sanity!) however the 2nd player I would certainly be very suspicious.

I know banners are going to make a huge difference to an hourly score but there must be some sort of feeling out there for what is genuinely possible given some banners, a full fleet to use and a good mix of opponent strengths. That could then be a rough benchmark for players to decide whether they think it is worth submitting tickets with screenshots from individual matches.
    Player Name mrb386
    Proud member of the Cannonbll clan

2 great points of view there from Andy and Pink giving us all something to think about. I'd like to try put a different take to both posts.
    What's possible to score in one match, and what's possible to score over the weekend are both relevant of course, but the player that scores 300+ match after match are the ones in question to me.
    Unfortunately as a rule we don't often face the same guild twice or more in a row so it's impossible to get a clear picture of any individuals. The only people that can see this is PG.
    I have a theory why these guilds were changing their name every 2 battles. Scoring around 80,000 per weekend would give them 160,000 over 2 battles (great maths eh Andy ��). The lowest guild on the globals are a little over 160,000, so the name change wouldn't allow anyone to monitor each players scoring match on match.

Surely it wouldn't take much for PG to monitor these players under suspicion match on match giving a much better idea of who is, and who isn't bent!
    Leader of the 501st

After my last post I received an interesting PM regarding watching guilds during the guild battles who aren't in the globals, one I certainly hadn't thought about.

It is possible to see any guild during lockdown if you have a game that's not in a guild, all you need is the guild name and you can see everything by simply trying to apply.

After a little chatting here and there several of us have decided to create a new game each just for monitoring purposes. Once a new suspect guild is identified we can screenshot them match after match, and calculate each players score, woohoo watch this space. The purpose of this is to get the full guild off the leaderboard before the battle finishes so the rightful players and guilds can receive the prizes they have battled for.

This hopefully gives us 2 weeks to get our new games to level 15 and allow us to achieve a spy or 2 on the high seas.

Yes you can run, but you can't hide.................
    Leader of the 501st

Quote Originally Posted by BrendanU View Post
    It is possible to see any guild during lockdown if you have a game that's not in a guild, all you need is the guild name and you can see everything by simply trying to apply.
    You don’t need to actually apply. Just search for the guild then press the i button next to the guild name and you will see everything you want to. This works even if the guild is full
    Player Name mrb386
    Proud member of the Cannonbll clan

Quote Originally Posted by andyb386 View Post
    You don’t need to actually apply. Just search for the guild then press the i button next to the guild name and you will see everything you want to. This works even if the guild is full
    Thanks for confirming that Andy.
    Leader of the 501st

Awesome...here's to taking back the streets and the coves

Quote Originally Posted by giraffe510 View Post
    Sometimes you just have to take the bull by the horns and do what needs doing to restore order!
    Leader of the 501st

Quote Originally Posted by BrendanU View Post
    Sometimes you just have to take the bull by the horns and do what needs doing to restore order!
    Or the pirate by his booty

Unhappy

Lol, piratefun...I see you are not missing an opportunity to recruit.
    I know.... you’re right, that probably doesn’t belong here. But we’ve been down a handful of players so long and hard to find additions. And when I started my own thread, no one commented

I get it. Very hard to recruit these days. People are tired of not advancing in the game in a way they enjoy. We do not recruit very often but find it is more difficult so I certainly understand. Good luck.

Update: Hello again! I have just finished going through ticket reports and am now starting the process of investigating the individual accounts that were reported. Sorry for the confusion earlier on guild names, my bad, I didn't check to see which type of event was running this weekend, so no, I don't actually need their guild name. Just the player name should allow me to pull up an account. Since I will also be checking the next non-individual event, and even if you are late to the party for this one, it can be very helpful for me if you include your support ID when you report, too. This is because that way I can go straight to the board you are on and easily go from there to the accounts you have mentioned in a ticket.

After I am done with the recent reports I will also begin a process of going through older ones in the tickets and putting them under my microscope as well. So if you had an old ticket that didn't get a response or regarding a player or team that you have continued to see with suspicious activity, don't be shy about sending in another ticket with my name on it. ARLENE in all CAPS should make sure that everyone knows the ticket is intended for me.

Thanks, everyone!
    Arlene (yes, the one from support )

Thanks, Arlene....

Many thanks Arlene, that't fantastic news.
    Leader of the 501st

Thank you Arlene, it is very much appreciated.

Hi Arlene,
    I have sent you an email and a google drive link with all the guild pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Lenie, lcbvdt View Post
    Hi Arlene,
    I have sent you an email and a google drive link with all the guild pictures
    Lenie, i like it,����������
    Leader of the 501st

Hi guys, back for round two of the Great Cheater Hunt of 2018. I am working tonight and this weekend and will address any tickets that already exist or come in between now and Monday. Remember: be detailed in your reports. It really help me to know as much as possible when investigating on the server. Thanks!
    Arlene (yes, the one from support )

Hi Arlene...we really appreciate you looking into all of this. I think the next guild versus event will be even more interesting.

Hiya Giraffe! That's what I loved about the game...the early days of merchants, ships and battles that depended on personal skills....great to see you're still relishing TPC...I DON'T miss the constant battles and the new direction the game took way back coupla years ago...anyway....enjoy kiddo!
    "You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough"

Mae West (original sex goddess)

Quote Originally Posted by ozkat2 View Post
    Hiya Giraffe! That's what I loved about the game...the early days of merchants, ships and battles that depended on personal skills....great to see you're still relishing TPC...I DON'T miss the constant battles and the new direction the game took way back coupla years ago...anyway....enjoy kiddo!
    Long time no see...on the forum anyway...Hahahaha....
    Happy we still talk...when are you packing your steamer trunk to come and stay with me again?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast