Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Impossible to Win!

Impossible to Win!

Like many of you guys and gals, i've been around for a while. I freely admit i'm an addict.
    Yes TPC has its pros and cons but we've all learned to live with it.
    The game has become a mad battling fest twice a month nowadays, it was great fun until a few months ago.
    After speaking to many of the top players from various guilds it's widely agreed the weekend battle has had the stuffing kicked out of it if you happen to get on the wrong board with not a hope in hell of winning due to a couple of guilds of full of unknown players that have suddenly popped up from nowhere.
    Many players have spend good money over a long period of time to create a good game only to gave the stuffing kicked out of it by a bunch of nobodies.

If anyone can advise me how to find a bunch of players that are willing to play together and can average over 3k in a weekend without forum advertising, please PM me.

Anyway rant over from a player deciding weather or not to quit the game, it's just no fun anymore!
    Leader of the 501st

Never thought I would say that again one day, but I completely agree with you Brendan!

PS: I’m already looking for some chocolate pics to calm down the sh!t storm we have to expect! ;-) You know it’s not allowed to talk about such things in public.
    Last edited by Sternenglitzerfee; 01-19-18 at 03:33 AM. Reason: Too long absent from forum to remember that you can’t post emojis
    Leader of Joggernauts
    Game ID: Appelus

“Honesty is a very expensive gift, don’t expect it from cheap people”

Well said Brendan! so many think it but don’t speak because of the backlash. Fee can you share that chocolate hahahahaha think I might it too hehehehehe
    Last edited by Julieali3; 01-19-18 at 04:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Julieali3 View Post
    Well said Brendan! so many think but don’t speak because of the backlash. Fee can you share that chocolate hahahahaha think I might it too hehehehehe
    Backlash, Backlash, what could possibly get said against the facts?
    Leader of the 501st

Sorry but haven’t been on the forum for some time but this post caught my eye. You are right BrendanU, there is something amiss and I don’t like it
    'I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer' - Dune litany. F.Herbert
    Home is where the heart is. My heart belongs to Roughseas

Totally agree with you Brendan, this game is no fun anymore.

I totally agree, something in this game now stinks. I do not think PG cares.

Well said, Brendan!
    Officer, Cannonbll Clan

Longtime Tapper
    Brendan, thank you for saying what many of us have been thinking. Our guild still believes in honest and ethical play, the way guild battles used to be. That was fun. I wish every guild still felt those values were important. A lot of us are contemplating the question of how much longer we will continue to purchase resources from PG to support our guild, or whether we should just wave the white flag, and quit the game we used to love to play.

Thank you for your courage to state your concerns here.
    Officer in Cannonbllrun

Speaking for myself, our guild still tries every versus weekend. We are a standalone guild and always have been from day one. So we share your concerns. We battle our hearts out just to stay in top ten on our board. Most of you know I am not a fan of battling but I will stand with my guild to the end. Sad that some have taken this so far as to rip the fun from the game for so many. But we do welcome visitors to D_ArtFriends
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Sternenglitzerfee View Post
    Never thought I would say that again one day, but I completely agree with you Brendan!

PS: I’m already looking for some chocolate pics to calm down the sh!t storm we have to expect! ;-) You know it’s not allowed to talk about such things in public.
    Thanks for the support, no Chocolate though this time please, lets get down to the nitty gritty of the problem LMAO
    Leader of the 501st

Well said Brendan! I share your frustration and agony over whether to continue the game at this point. My guild also plays the “old-fashioned way” with players who have spent time building large fleets and may or may not use rubies, but we play honestly without using ruby spinners with new games who have found a way to beat the system. Last weekend we faced players in “new” guilds who scored 300, 600, 900, 1300, 1400, 1800 points each in one hour, not just once but repeatedly when we or sister guilds faced them. That makes no sense to me. Yes, any strong player in our guild can score 300 even 500 points with banners in an hour, but not every round because the banners are not that consistent. And not our best player repeatedly does 900, 1300, 1400 to 1800 in an hour? That’s just a ton of ruby spinning! So....people are baffled and start to wonder. Has someone has found a way to make their TPC computer program send banners continuously? Or always send one shots and win the fight? Or just battle automatically for them with a set outcome?
    Game Center ID: pthec

Well said, I agree with you, many feel the same! Why create a new guild every 2 weeks, players unknown, out of the middle of nowhere.
    Sure you can start new account level 1, new player name. But your ships, rubies, coins and so on, I don’t think you can move them to a new account. So how can score in 3 minutes 250-300 points, then stop, other player do the same and so on. I m sure more of you have notice this. Yes I know, bonus, rubies...but all the players?? In our team we never all get a bonus and sure not all at the same time!
    And why on Wednesday as soon the versus button is gone, they all abandoned their guild in a very short time, so you cannot check their players. What do they have to hide?

Sure I step on some toes. But I'm not the only one that noticed this.
    And we all know that the top teams have strong players, you can look at them and their team. They not hide themselves.
    We all battle the top teams many times and we know how strong they are.

I think the most of us play this game because we enjoy to play together, to push our team to a higher level, fair play. And of course when have to battle a top team, then you wish they forget it’s time to battle.

But when you have to battle a “ghost team” well what can I say....

Well, enjoy all the game and have a great time with your team!

Lenie
    Very proud leader of the Bombanators

Playername lcbvdt, rank 41

Sorry for grammar. My English not best, is not my native language.

I couldn't agree more Brendan. This game has degenerated into something ugly where players have been doing what isn't legitimately possible. The fun is gone and I have already lost interest in the game, if you can't already tell.

Some will argue and try to justify what some of the these so called super players are putting up with their scores but keep in mind who's posting now. I've been in the top 3 since to the introduction of the globals. I've held the #1 position for well over a year and then I suddenly lose it out of nowhere? Does PG not question what everyone can see in the globals that's clear as day? It took years for me to get the current score I have on the globals as well as my fellow players who have been chasing me and have now passed me. How can someone nearly double the top players' scores in less than a year? When did I lose my title? August I think... Well that's when all of this ugliness started. Players putting up ridiculous point per battle and total points at the end of the war.

I am a top player so please don't try to justify how points can be earned. I know how this game works and I know what is and isn't possible. 1800 points in one 1 hour battle? I've never done it even on a full Ruby burn with banners on the latest and greatest device. I managed around 1200 twice in these years of playing and that was before the introduction of the tough ships like today's Sweet Salvage Ship.

I lead a top team with dedicated players. We've been against like teams of equal strength and up until late last year it was loads of fun because our scores were equal and the fighting was intense, win or lose. That's not the case any more. Now 3 players from mystery guilds can outscore my guild with 20 participants and score over 1k points each in a hour? And then do it again the next time we meet? Ya right. I have a ton of screenshots with names and numbers and they didn't just come from my guilds only.

The best way to curb this nasty infection is to restructure the prize tiers if PG is unable to cure the problem. Instead of top 2 for the best prize move it to top 4 or 5 and have the rest of the other prizes follow suit. There are usually two of these types of guilds on the tough boards. If you happen to land on a board that doesn't have them then all the better for those guilds and players. They'll be happy with a top ship and most likely keep playing. This will effectively eliminate those super guilds but they'll still get a ship they won't need or use.

Also, if you go up against one of these guilds then make sure you take plenty of screenshots and report it to PG.

One last note. If these players were legit and buying their rubies one would think that TPC would be an awesome game with all the revenue that PG would be getting. Something to think about.
    Guild Leader, Cannonbll Group.

This is serious issue that has ruined the game and taken the fun out of battling. And wasn't it enough for these players to create one "new" guild, last week they created a second just for good measure. What can we expect this weekend?
    A few people have decided to ruin the game for everybody else under false pretences, or is it just for their amusement!

I agree with you all. I rarely post and I don’t have a strong fleet but I have been playing since the inception of this game (within a few months). I have become very frustrated with this game since last summer (2017). I have saw players jumped from 0 points to 500 points within the first 3 minutes of the battle. How is that possible? The last couple of months I started seeing newly from guilds that jump to the top of the leader boards. It’s very strange when I don’t recognize any names in those guild. I started to think those players have found a way to cheat the system.

Anyway, I am glad Brendan voiced his frustration. I am sure quite a few of us feel the same way. Let’s see if PG will do anything about it. Otherwise, I will just play less and less and then disappear!

1000+. A very well thought out and compelling argument, Yamato. Thank you. PG should listen to your concerns and all players should take note. I still play, but there is an increasing sense of hopelessness, for sure.
    Last edited by Underwonder; 01-19-18 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenie, lcbvdt View Post

But when you have to battle a “ghost team” well what can I say....
    Leave me and my team out of this.

��������

I was wondering when this situation is going to be addressed in the best possible way by a renowned player with good experience in the game. If any newbie to be game or forum brings up issues like this, mostly they get shot or the thread gets degenerated and closed.

I also see lots of old timers who were in the trenches come out make comments here. Good to see you guys!!

As a matter of fact I reserved this story line for the other thread started by SC mentioning about cheating, but this thread seems like a better fit. In order to keep it civil and not to involve any names, I keep it as my personal story.

TPC has three types of players. They are the Pinks, Pans and Thors and together they are nothing but me.

Pinks comprise of new players, older players with small fleet, recreational players and players who constantly wonder how others score good points. These are honest players who spend little time with game, but give good company and support to Pans.

Pans comprise of experienced honest players who have abundant knowledge about the game and mostly Addicts. These are players who say good morning and good night to the game as the first thing in the morning and last thing in night. They don’t even do this to their spouses. Pans generally have fairly big ruby farms, large fleets, spends every week end in strengthening the game and take pride in their hard work. Majority of players fall in this category.

Thors are like “Little Johnny”, who tend to play the game differently. This very small group comprises of players who are good in hacking, use jailbroken devices with programme manipulation, play hide and seek, knows how to come back even after getting a ban, use Game Center log on trick and some can even preset the final score at the end of the match. These Little Johnnys are hard to catch by TPC Program Teachers. They are so smart they come with innovative methods to hide from the Teachers. Thors create multiple profiles and form group with like minded players.

In a mix of Pinks, Pans and Thors there will be always frustration as the small group of Thors makes the hard and honest work of Pinks and Pans as waste of time and effort.

Story ends.......

Reality begins.......

So, given the situation, what is that we can do?

I hate to quit the game because of Thors. We Pinks and Pans have invested lots of time in the game. PG’s limited resources might not be able to spend time to counter the tricks used by Thors.

“When **** is inevitable, lay down and enjoy” . So here are some of the alternatives.....

1. We just ignore Thors and do not consider their scores for any comparison.
    2. We don’t complain and waste our energy in “No Win” situation.
    3. If our teams are in the same board as Thors, we take it as a part of game constraint. We consider it like mermaid spin odds and take it as 10 White Pearls.
    4. We close our eyes and get our orgasm!!

ps: I know we will not do these..... He...He....
    Last edited by Pinkpanther; 01-19-18 at 06:50 PM.

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    I have played this game long enough and in competitive play to know when something doesn't look right. Have done for some time. I can assure you its not being ignored.

If anyone has any screenshots, names. Or chocolate Email them to me please at thedarkangel_s@yahoo.com

Thank you.
    Last edited by darkangel; 01-19-18 at 04:54 PM.

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

That’s just awesome! So many great and well said comments here! Thump up!

Excellent post, Yamato! Well put Boss! :-)

Pink, I LOVE your story! You hit the nail on the head! Btw I tried 1-3 but I‘m still annoyed about those players who ruin the game and don’t give a sh!t about the other ones. They just want to win at any cost!
    Leader of Joggernauts
    Game ID: Appelus

“Honesty is a very expensive gift, don’t expect it from cheap people”

Very well said, Pink and everyone else.
    Our guild groans when we see them on the board or in our battles but then we move on.

And, yes, this Pan just wants to have fu-un....

....while enjoying the company of like minded players...this game has given a lot to so many.

For those who "need" the validation utilizing extreme measures and those who feel the need to take shortcuts to achieve these wins, I wish you peace...and a new game somewhere else...
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

Just to add to my initial post, i have received quite a few PMs regarding my comments, many thanks for everyones support in this matter. It certainly needed bringing to a head.
    Unfortunately none of the PMs are pointing me in the right direction as to where i can find these great players, I wonder why ????

My theory is they are BOTS, yes computerised players folks. I have played against them quite a few times and watch them score. One by one they score 250-350 per match, i'm assuming to try and avoid individual suspicion. But more often than not the scores don't grow, they just appear in 3/4 minute intervals giving a good overall guild score that can't be matched by us humans.

I'm quite intreagued as to others theories, or indeed facts, please share.
    Leader of the 501st

Brendan. Thank you. I absolutely agree with you 100%. I have been playing this game for a few years before there were guilds. The PG support has gone downhill since over a year ago. I agree that physically there is no way to score so many points in a short time and there has to be some BOTS. I do not like that there are family teams but this is not about them. It is about newly formed teams that suddenly appear and suddenly win on the hardest board last weekend. I also get blasted anytime I say something negative on this forum. Either the game gets fixed or shut the game down. We have players that can no longer access the game and have become increasingly frustrated about no fix yet. All members of my guild have loved this game and the “friendships” that have formed so please find a way to make this game fun again.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast