Thread: Tropical Prospects

Tropical Prospects

As I mentioned in The 64000 Ruby Question thread, I was surprised to see the limited time quests reappear when I opened the Night Realm. Since then I've been pleased (to get rewarded with lots more shovels), disappointed (not being able to dig up enough candy bars in time) and annoyed (when rewarded with useless building materials - why couldn't it be EOre instead?).

Now I'm back to surprise, as I've noticed the current quest doesn't appear in Pietrpahn's list:

TROPICAL PROSPECTS (PART 1/3)
    Unlock the Portal to Bermuda!
    Search any Scene at New york!
    Find 1 token in dig sites!

Just a thought, but isn’t Pietrpahn listing those limited time quests which suddenly went away along with the daily quests? I think you had maybe three days to complete those to get all the rewards. The quest you cited is similar to the ones I was getting long after the daily and limited time quests disappeared. Those quests involved unlocking portals to premium regions and did not have a time limit. I wouldn’t expect to find them in Pietrpahn’s list.

Quote Originally Posted by christopherrobin View Post
    Just a thought, but isn’t Pietrpahn listing those limited time quests which suddenly went away along with the daily quests? I think you had maybe three days to complete those to get all the rewards.
    Essentially yes, though I wouldn't phrase it in the present tense. Once the daily quests were gone, I completed part 2 of a quest where a Dwarf was asking me to find things in the Shangri-La region. I never got part 3.

But now they're back!

Some, such as Bermuda On Board, are already on Pietrpahn’s list. Others I didn't think to check and can't remember the names of. But this one's not on the list.

The quest you cited is similar to the ones I was getting long after the daily and limited time quests disappeared. Those quests involved unlocking portals to premium regions and did not have a time limit. I wouldn’t expect to find them in Pietrpahn’s list.
    No it isn't - those never disappeared; these disappeared and returned. They have a three day time limit. However it seems to be three days for each stage now, rather than three days for the whole thing as it was before. Hence I'm taking my time. I'll post part 2 later today.

And FWIW the portal to Bermuda was already unlocked when I got the quest, though the portal to New York wasn't.

As promised, part 2 of the quest:

TROPICAL PROSPECTS! (PART 2/3)
    MARITIME MINING!

Unlock the Plane Shelter in Bermuda!
    Trade 15 times!
    Find 8 Mummies in Howling Crypt!

And two more quests have appeared. Megabyting the Dust is on Pietrpahn’s list, but Toy Meets World isn't.

TOY MEETS WORLD! (PART 1/3)
    ADVENTURE AWATS IN THE TOY KINGDOM

Use 5 non-energy powerups!
    Search 7 times!
    Unlock the passage to the Toy Kingdom!

Very nice, but did you receive rewards with each step or will they come at the end of the quest? They weren’t included in your post.

Sorry!

Tropical Prospects rewards:
    Stage 1: 5 power tokens
    Stage 2: 3 power tokens + 2 shovels

Toy Meets World rewards:
    Stage 1: 3 shovels

Wow...sounds like the LTQs have returned for you in some fashion. I wonder if other players are now getting them as well. I hope so...it would be especially fortunate for those lower level players who still need many resources to plow through the Passages. Im tempted to reinstall my deleted game to see if I have any. Tempted, but nah! Will just let the old gal RIP. Lol.

Did you happen to take note of the specific date you started getting the quests? I ask because it was about this time last year when everyone lost the multi-part challenges. I believe it was January 11, 2017 when we started posting about the missing multi-parts. I dont know if you were around the forum when the Daily Quests went !kaput!...it was on June 1 of last year...precisely the same date as the previous year when they disappeared. PG fixed the first Daily Quest glitch, but not the second one that is still with us.

Perhaps the Daily Quests will make a triumphant return this year on June 1 as a result of some weird time-related autocorrect mechanism.
    Last edited by salmo23; 01-18-18 at 11:41 PM.
    "But, time will tell, of stars that fell
    A million years ago.
    Memories can never take you back, home, sweet home.
    You can never go home anymore."

TROPICAL PROSPECTS (PART 3/3)
    Unlock the Extraterrestrial Scout in Bermuda!
    Find 60 Rubies in Howling Crypt!
    Find 1 Freeze Time in Dig Site!
    Reward: 6 Power Tokens + 5 Shovels.

Quote Originally Posted by salmo23 View Post
    Did you happen to take note of the specific date you started getting the quests? I ask because it was about this time last year when everyone lost the multi-part challenges. I believe it was January 11, 2017 when we started posting about the missing multi-parts.
    I didn't think they'd gone missing that soon. I'd had my iPhone for less than a month by then. PG referred me to this board after I'd contacted them regarding three issues: the lack of slots events and the dune quest bug were two. I can't remember what the third was, but I didn't think it was that. But I was certainly around when the daily quests went kaput!

For the first year of play on my iPhone, I'd stuck to DR, CoS and EG. I opened the NR on Christmas Eve, and I immediately got a lot of quests. I think some of those were LTQs; if not, they started appearing very soon after - certainly long before January 11.

For the record I did not include any quests that related to opening sites.

This quest seems to be specific to Bermuda.
    Farewell, everyone.

I wish you good fortune in the game.

Even more than that, I wish you joy and well being in the real world.

Y

Quote Originally Posted by Pietrpahn View Post
    For the record I did not include any quests that related to opening sites.
    You included Batteries Not Included, and this is no more related to opening sites than that was.

This quest seems to be specific to Bermuda.
    Yes, in the way that others on your list are: Behold Bermuda!, Bermuda on Board, Bermuda Trade Angle, Bring on Bermuda.

Thinking about it a bit more, all the LTQs I've had do relate to one of the four NR premium regions I've opened. So maybe it's opening those, rather than opening the NR, that has triggered their return?

TOY MEETS WORLD (PART 2/3)
    Search the Doll Kingdom once n under 25 seconds!
    Find 7 powerups in dig sites!
    Use 10 Powerups!
    Reward 6 shovels.

Hmmmm...LTQs may not be the appropriate categorization for the quests you are now receiving. Id be curious to see what they look like, what format they are showing up in...under the Limited Time Quest or Regular Quest banner? Could you maybe post a screenshot?

After the LTQs went away in January, 2017, I had Premium sites left to open in the Night Realm. Opening them did not trigger any limited time quests for me.

LTQs had a countdown clock...this is the last one I received.

https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...l=1#post621003
    Last edited by salmo23; 01-20-18 at 08:00 AM.
    A million years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by salmo23 View Post
    Hmmmm...LTQs may not be the appropriate categorization for the quests you are now receiving. Id be curious to see what they look like, what format they are showing up in...under the Limited Time Quest or Regular Quest banner?
    That's a rather silly question, as I wouldn't be calling them LTQs if they'd been showing up under the Regular Quest banner!

Not only are they LTQs, but most of them are already on Pietrpahn's list.

And yes they have a countdown clock. It starts at 3 days.
    But ISTR the clock was cumulative before the LTQs disappeared last year, whereas now it resets to 3 days after I complete one of the parts.

Could you maybe post a screenshot?
    Maybe, but probably not as I don't know how to get them off my iPhone.

After the LTQs went away in January, 2017, I had Premium sites left to open in the Night Realm. Opening them did not trigger any limited time quests for me.
    Then it appears opening the NR is the trigger. But it must have something to do with what premium regions are open, as I've not yet got any relating to Wonderland, Andromeda or Nexus. I may open one of those regions today, or I may open Rio instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavyrail View Post
    silly I wouldn't be calling them ”LTQs” if they'd been showing up under the Regular Quest banner!
    I see.
    A million years ago.

Sorry, I forgot to write down the contents of Toy Meets World (Part 3/3)
    I know one of the tasks was:
    Search the Mouse King's Castle in 15 seconds!
    ...and I think the other two were:
    Search the Mouse King's Castle! (so effectively free)
    Find one ruby in dig sites!
    The reward was 9 shovels and 3 power tokens.

I'm still getting LTQs (all NR based, mostly Bermuda related) but it doesn't appear that anyone else is. Is it worth posting the details of those that aren't on the list yet?

Since I wrote the above, I haven't had any more LTQs. I don't know whether PG changed something or whether there are simply no quests relating to Bermuda, Toy Kingdom or Neo Tokyo that I haven't had already. I suspect the latter.

I never got any LTQs relating to the Andromeda, Wonderland or Nexus regions. I'm not sure whether I did or not in the Unicorn region - I think it was just 2 RQs there, BICBW.

I can't remember what it was, but one Bermuda event finished one part short - someone said they may be back later, but did not subsequently return. So maybe I'll have one more LTQ stage in the future, but I doubt it.