Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28

Thread: Open Letter to Players

  1. #1
    Intrepid Explorer 38supercomp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Arkansas, USA
    Posts
    2,026

    Open Letter to Players

    I am trying to think of a polite way to say this.

    I love my guild mates. I love my former guild mates. I have formed some strong friendships with players in other guilds.

    And it pains me that one of my guild mates has been locked out of her game since December 27 th. Other guilds have members who can’t get into their games. Some very good players are locked out of their games. Some have dropped out of their guilds to allow the guild to try to find a member who can play.

    And now, seeing another thread wondering how to report someone for cheating, I want to cry.

    I would love to be able to score more points. I get few banners and tons of very strong art ships. I have rubies to spend if I get a banner, but no banners to spend them on. I do my best. I can usually rack up 1,500 to 1,900 points for a guild event. My best was 1,972. This year my goal is to hit 2,000.

    What makes me sad is that with all of the problems we are having with the game,we are still talking about reporting people for cheating. Just because one person scores a lot of points does NOT mean they are cheating. We have had this discussion several times in the past, and I for one find it sad to keep having it.

    No disrespect meant to anyone. And if PG deletes this, so be it.

    All I am saying is let’s stick together because we love the game. Respect others even if you cannot do what they do. And try to have fun. Just do your best. Do what you are capable of. And let the rest go.
    Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
    Lewis Carroll - Alice in Wonderland


    Member Vaders_Fist_2

  2. #2
    Intrepid Explorer 38supercomp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Arkansas, USA
    Posts
    2,026
    One more thing I just thought of.

    'Activity Points' mean nothing. PG did guild activities a few times, but stopped them a long time ago. The fact that a player has or does not have them means nothing. I have the most in my guild, but I am not my guild's top scorer. Our top scorer can easily outscore me in battle points. Having or not having Activity Points is not an indication of how long a player has been playing.

    I have 3 people in my guild with 0 Activity Points, yet I know none of them is a new player. They either weren't in a guild when the guild activities happened, or they started playing after PG discontinued guild activities. As for those in question, and I can guess which guilds it is, maybe they made up new names and a new guild just for fun. Once again, some people do that. It does not mean cheating. It just means they play the game differently than others.

    Sometimes I think I would love to make up a new ID and start over. I have learned a lot since I started guild play. If I started over, I would do a lot of things differently. But if I made a clean start, I would have to leave my guild mates. And that ain't happening any time soon!
    Last edited by 38supercomp; 01-14-18 at 05:25 PM.
    Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
    Lewis Carroll - Alice in Wonderland


    Member Vaders_Fist_2

  3. #3
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    247
    Well said SC!!! I agree with you completely.

  4. #4
    Longtime Tapper
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    574
    Maybe an explanation would help. If people keep asking the question, just advise them how it's possible. If people can't comprehend how people put up such large numbers, because they play their game differently, it's understandable that they question how it's possible.

    So, for starters.....

    Start a new game, keep your level low whilst spinning for rubies. Get a shed load of rubies and then increase your game level to a point at which you get the guild battles, use all the rubies you have to score thousands of points in guild battle.

    After the battle, keep spinning for more rubies so you once again have thousands of rubies to spend in a battle and, once again, score thousands of points.

    That's how it's done. Obviously there are other ways, I have 285 ships and a fair amount of equipment. I can score roughly 100 points per battle, twice a day so 700 or so across the weekend without spending rubies. If I get banners I can double that, if I spend rubies, moreso.

    There are people with twice as many ships as me who would be able to score roughly double, and there are people with significantly more, continue doing the maths as the possibility of high points continues.

    Then factor in ruby spend, then factor in banners (which aren't evenly distributed) and that explains both the very high scores achieved and the difference in scoring ranges.

    If anyone else wants to expand then please do so but I think educating people is easier than shouting them down.

  5. #5
    Intrepid Explorer andyb386's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,047
    Post removed to save this thread descending into an argument
    Last edited by andyb386; 01-15-18 at 05:55 AM.
    Player Name mrb386
    Proud member of the Cannonbll clan

  6. #6
    Longtime Tapper
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    574
    Assume you have unlimited rubies and you win a battle using strategic fight every 2 seconds (possibly more on a new device with good wi-fi). That is 1800 points in an hour

    Now assume you have 10 minutes worth of banner, 2 minutes at 4x, 2 minutes at 3x and 6 minutes at 2x. That's 2280 points.

    I've heard rumour that the more rubies you play the more banners you get although that unconfirmed.

    It would cost a bucket load of rubies and you'd probably get repetitive strain injury but it is possible.


    I think you'd probably burn about 6000-10000 rubies in the hour.
    Last edited by billybobbeaubum; 01-15-18 at 05:54 AM.

  7. #7
    Intrepid Explorer 38supercomp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Arkansas, USA
    Posts
    2,026
    I am sorry, everyone. My intent is not to shout, or shut, anyone down. I do not mean to give offense.

    Thanks, Billybbb, for your posts.
    Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
    Lewis Carroll - Alice in Wonderland


    Member Vaders_Fist_2

  8. #8
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by 38supercomp View Post
    I am sorry, everyone. My intent is not to shout, or shut, anyone down. I do not mean to give offense..
    I, for one, don't think you did either of those things SC.

  9. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    44
    Well 38supercomp, I did take offense to your post. I was asking the question for my guild members who were asking. I have been playing for 3-4yrs before the guilds, have less than 300 ships and only have one profile and play on one machine. I almost never get banners but seem to get lots of film ships. This saying, I accept the game for what it has become. I wish there were more islands or other lands and activity points to achieve and my teammates want more storage but understand what the game has become with the superguilds and multi guild strategy. Thank you BillyBobb for at least an explanation.

  10. #10
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    319
    I guess with Andys removed post we're not a democratic community on here...............
    Do as we say and like it!
    Leader of the 501st/TheLuniz

  11. #11
    Intrepid Explorer andyb386's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,047
    Quote Originally Posted by BrendanU View Post
    I guess with Andys removed post we're not a democratic community on here...............
    Do as we say and like it!
    I removed the post myself. Wasn’t removed by anyone else. I just didn’t want SC’s thread degenerating into an argument.
    Player Name mrb386
    Proud member of the Cannonbll clan

  12. #12
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    319
    Quote Originally Posted by andyb386 View Post
    I removed the post myself. Wasn’t removed by anyone else. I just didn’t want SC’s thread degenerating into an argument.
    I'm sure if it's going to happen it'll come in time LMAO
    Leader of the 501st/TheLuniz

  13. #13
    Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    24,013
    Keep this thread civil.

    No arguing unless it's about chocolate. Then you all get a pass.


    "If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

  14. #14
    Intrepid Explorer 38supercomp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Arkansas, USA
    Posts
    2,026
    Personally I like dark chocolate. And I do not believe “white chocolate” is actually still chocolate. All the good stuff has been removed.

    Name:  CCDA02B5-5E24-48CE-9C70-651F1BFDD5E6.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  18.0 KB

    Name:  F3446608-0EE0-4DC8-B662-3E14D768CD8F.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  20.5 KB

    And I love Lindt chocolates.

    Name:  C2461933-0EA5-48A8-9C7A-A245F6EF122B.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  13.1 KB
    Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
    Lewis Carroll - Alice in Wonderland


    Member Vaders_Fist_2

  15. #15
    Active Member Scharbokid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    In the clock behind the tick
    Posts
    299
    Talk about truffles. At this late hour I really want some of these SC.
    Time for new horizons

  16. #16
    Longtime Tapper
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    574
    Do you think there's any danger of a thread not ending with people talking about chocolate. I take your point to keep it civil but virtually every post that challenges or questions something ends up being trivialised by talk and pictures of chocolate.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by billybobbeaubum View Post
    Do you think there's any danger of a thread not ending with people talking about chocolate.
    Unfortunately YES! You’re always in extreme danger if you try to talk about serious issues that ruine the game!
    Leader of WeStealNoShip
    Game ID: Appelus


    “Honesty is a very expensive gift, don’t expect it from cheap people”

  18. #18
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Sternenglitzerfee View Post
    Unfortunately YES! You’re always in extreme danger if you try to talk about serious issues that ruine the game!
    Fraud, lies and chocolate...

  19. #19
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    39
    Arguing about chocolate means... silence.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Flüschu View Post
    Arguing about chocolate means... silence.
    It’s even worse! It’s a kind of censorship!!! As soon as you try to post anything serious on forum you get shoot down with chocolate! Either because some people have too much influence or because some people simply don’t want to take their rose-coloured glasses off. That’s the reason why I haven’t been here for weeks. I’m glad it’s over and you are allowed to talk about anything else than pink fluffy unicorns again.
    Leader of WeStealNoShip
    Game ID: Appelus


    “Honesty is a very expensive gift, don’t expect it from cheap people”

  21. #21
    Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    24,013
    I hope no one is referring to myself, bringing chocolate into conversations.

    There is nothing wrong with a bit of distraction, especially if it will defuse any potential arguments. I have never stopped anyone from sharing their opinions. Only to keep it civil, to avoid threads being closed.

    I read the posts. I don't find it necessary to voice my opinions on every complaint players may have. That does not mean myself or others are blind to the situation. It also doesn't mean they are too scared to speak up. People have different priorities.

    As for myself I deal with matters differently. What I say or don't say on the forums has no bearing on what I am thinking or doing.


    "If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

  22. #22
    Giraffic Explorer giraffe510's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Buckeye country, Ohio
    Posts
    9,813
    I, speaking only for myself, have always been very interested in what others have to say or ask on the forum. I think it is entirely appropriate to ask or we do not learn more about each other and the game. Unfortunately, it has been shown that there will be very little interaction from PG on these threads as most support has moved on to War Dragons and other PG endeavors.

    I also do not believe one player has any more right to speak than any other. We all need to be able to speak and ask and feel free to express our opinions and say what we feel needs to be said. I did not see a problem, SC, with your post. i may have missed something earlier as I do not come into the forum as often any more.

    I do understand many players are very frustrated after playing for so long and paying through time and/or money for the development of their games....only to see it become virtually impossible to compete for top prizes or just have a "fair" battle with opponents.

    I am sad to see that but I take solace in the fact that the game (and the forum) provided me with a wonderful distraction through so many good and hard times.



    (Thanks to Papillon for the avatar)
    Last edited by giraffe510; 01-22-18 at 07:24 AM.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

  23. #23
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    39

    Open letter

    Quote Originally Posted by GolfandBingo View Post
    Well said SC!!! I agree with you completely.
    Of course you do...

  24. #24
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    39
    Why should anyone read your posts then?

  25. #25
    Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    24,013
    Quote Originally Posted by Flüschu View Post
    Why should anyone read your posts then?
    Are you talking to me?


    "If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •