Thread: The Last Post

Intrepid Explorer

The Last Post

Happy New Year to everyone still reading this forum. I have made it to 2018 and survived a year with no events. However this will be my last post. Since new EG sites ended I have hardly played each day, just collecting my rubies, trading for rubies until I run my relics down and playing just one site a week to trigger Monday madness. I have just played Monday madness for the last time because my New Years resolution is to quit this game for once and all. My farewell present to you all is 100 level 10 gemstones😀

Name:  3F006483-7DB4-47DE-A52F-D87AC8658CF3.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  19.9 KB
    Name:  C7D49040-E474-4557-82B9-52D7E99FA516.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  19.8 KB

If anyone wants to beat this, the ruby cost of buying and speed crafting these is 2.5M rubies which would put a serious dent in even igotas collection!

If hollow is still digging, here is my closing iron ore total
    Edit seems I can no longer post large screenshots. The total reads 36468.

Name:  5A539DE9-8CD1-4097-A7EE-953EAA83F515.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  20.3 KB

Many ex SP players are now playing Seekers Notes, a game which still has regular new content and events and can be played on many platforms. You would all be welcome to join us, but for the rest I bid you a fond farewell.
    Last edited by MikeN32; 01-01-18 at 02:51 AM.

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Aww.

Wish all you all the best and Happy New Year.

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

I deleted my game today...I sensed I would never open it again. I can't even remember the last time I played. I considered keeping it around for sentimental reasons, but decided to give it a proper banishing instead.

Secret Passages was a great game. But really, the fun was for me, all of you...

Cheers

Name:  IMG_6267.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  114.4 KB
    "But, time will tell, of stars that fell
    A million years ago.
    Memories can never take you back, home, sweet home.
    You can never go home anymore."

Best of luck to both of you.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

Quote Originally Posted by giraffe510 View Post
    Best of luck to both of you.
    Hi, your longleggedness.
    seasons greetings to you and yours.

I just cannot do it yet. SP sits there in the corner of my games file like a maiden aunt, the comfortable sort with sweeties in her pocket. I havent opend it for a while but I do get a kind of comfort from the sight of the site.

DA
    You are another kind if comfort. You were there at the beginning so it is appropriate that you are still about.
    Support ID Q4A2FX9NCT Ipad Air a very interesting - level 117.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

[QUOTE=Spanish eyes;645572]Hi, your longleggedness.
    seasons greetings to you and yours.

I just cannot do it yet. SP sits there in the corner of my games file like a maiden aunt, the comfortable sort with sweeties in her pocket. I havent opend it for a while but I do get a kind of comfort from the sight of the site.

I totally get it...I still have every game they put out on my iPad or iPhone....well, maybe not...no War Dragons or Episodes or Runway...those were eliminated quickly. But they hold a place in my heart...a smaller and smaller place...sigh.

The best to you and yours in 2018,
    G

Best of luck to Mike and Salmo. Mike you are an awesome game player and your total of gems is amazing. Salmo you are one of the wittiest people I know.

My game is still on my iPad but I haven’t opened it for a while. One of these days I may delete but not yet. It is like an old friend and I just can’t let it go yet.
    Level 117 just in time.

Mike, you may be the whizz kid of the L10 gems but I will always remember you for 'three in a bed'!
    So long, farewell and thanks for all the tips and laughs along the way!

Sal, what can I say? It's been a fun ride and I'm going to miss you, have one for the road, cheers!

Name:  SAL1A.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  143.4 KB

Oh Gosh! Please donít tell me I joined this forum to read no one is actually still playing this fun game?!
    Iím just getting started! ��

I was hoping to get some help and explanations regarding the events that I read about in the game, but that never seem to pop up. Do I understand correctly this game will be terminated or shut down due to lack of interest? ��

For those who cannot bring themselves to delete - check out how much space it is taking on your device.

Mine was 4.2 Gig - Poof.
    Farewell, everyone.

I wish you good fortune in the game.

Even more than that, I wish you joy and well being in the real world.

Y

Hahahaha...but, if you delete and reinstall, most of that is gone...your game file will be much smaller.

Not that you would reinstall

Name:  794F2992-8B27-46F5-95EB-3D357F753A60.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  6.2 KB

I couldnt believe mine was so small. I am tempted to open it to find out why.
    I said TEMPTED. I didnt act on it.
    The realy funny thing is I know I opened it after August but thats not what the library is telling me.
    curiouser and curiouser said SE.
    Support ID Q4A2FX9NCT Ipad Air a very interesting - level 117.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish eyes View Post

The realy funny thing is I know I opened it after August but thats not what the library is telling me.
    Maybe something like this?

https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...l=1#post512646

Edit...for those wanting to free up space, but too skittish to delete and reinstall. Before I did the ultimate SP "poof", I installed Magic Phone Cleaner(free, simple app) which brought my bloated Secret Passages down from over 5 GB to 1.something. Of course when I went back into the game, everything had to boot back up...a little time consuming, but worth the space that was freed up. I did not lose any game progress.
    Last edited by salmo23; 01-11-18 at 12:28 PM.
    "But, time will tell, of stars that fell
    A million years ago.
    Memories can never take you back, home, sweet home.
    You can never go home anymore."

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish eyes View Post

Wow...that IS small...now I have to go check mine�� But I only played for a few months way back at the beginning...

Update: mine is only 21.9 M...
    Last edited by giraffe510; 01-11-18 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by salmo23 View Post
    Maybe something like this?

https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...l=1#post512646

Edit...for those wanting to free up space, but too skittish to delete and reinstall. Before I did the ultimate SP "poof", I installed Magic Phone Cleaner(free, simple app) which brought my bloated Secret Passages down from over 5 GB to 1.something. Of course when I went back into the game, everything had to boot back up...a little time consuming, but worth the space that was freed up. I did not lose any game progress.
    Yes and yayyyyyyyy...it is just so hard to hit that delete the first time...lol...you get a little braver each time you do it but the fear never really goes away...

The "events" ended a year ago, but from what I gather you'll still be able to play the game for a good while yet. You just won't be able to compete against other players.

I've been playing about two years now, and only posted to the forum for the first time about six months ago. Some of these other folks have been here for four, five, or more years and saw the game through some of its great times and growing pains. A lot of them have moved on, which in a way is too bad but completely understandable. That said, there are still a bunch of people playing the game. I plan to continue until I've opened everything and upgraded everything as high as I can -- or until my iPad gives up on me. Maybe we should start a thread for those of us who are still having fun with it.

Most of what I've learned about strategy came from some of the older threads in this forum. There are lists of scenes, relics, and discussions of a few of the mistakes by the developers that could stop your game if you didn't know about them so dig around and benefit from their wisdom! I believe the developers are letting this forum remain so players like you and me have somewhere to go if we have questions.

Good luck! I'll see if I can start that thread for current players.

Orchard Ranch