Thread: The Sixty Four Thousand Ruby Question!

The Sixty Four Thousand Ruby Question!

To unlock the Crisis Passage scenes I missed, it will take 64000 rubies.
    And by making lots of ruby trades (and avoiding coin trades) in the Day Realm, and digging elsewhere, I accumulated 64000 rubies.

But there are more urgent uses for them, as I haven't opened the Night Realm yet. Obviously I'm going to need some for unlocking and upgrading premium sites. And I'll also need plenty of shovels, requiring either energy powerups or hundred ruby spins in the pyramid.

Any comments regarding the best strategy? And how easily can rubies be accrued once the Night Realm is open?

Hi Off the rails
    I have been missing for a long time but suddenly got the urge to visit and see what's happening and who is about. It is great that there are still players and seakers of wisdom still visiting forum. Be very careful, SP can injure your health, it is too, too much and breaking the habit is painful. We know.
    My advice, which has never been worth much, is play the game as it was written. First came DR and then NR, then of course the end of DR came later but those clowns at PG love (or loved) confusing us back in the day.
    So keep hold of your shiney red stones and if you dont need them in NR you will still have them to play CP later.

edit.
    It has ever been my habit to change peoples forum name. It is a sort of endearment so dont be offended.
    Support ID Q4A2FX9NCT Ipad Air a very interesting - level 117.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

Hi Spanish
    I played SP in the early days on my iPad, but PG's abominable decision to make the game unlaunchable offline, combined with its increasing memory requirements, meant that eventually I couldn't launch it at all. It got to the stage where I had to quit all apps and restart the iPad to launch SP, and had to make sure it was in NR when I'd finished for the day. But once it crashed in DR after midnight, and after that its attempt to give me the daily bonus crashed the game every single time.

Do you remember what Cristo originally said when you caught him in France?
    I missed that conversation because the game crashed!

About a year ago I got an iPhone and restarted SP. But being short of rubies, and remembering opining NR's an impediment to ruby trades, I decided to skip it and go straight to COS and EG instead. Playing the game as it was written would have taken longer. But I'll probably open NR this weekend.

I know a lady who would remember. I called her ‘the Prof’ but her game name is Pietrpahn. She was the best record keeper we ever had but unfortunately she is only around very spasmodically. The one other who is brilliant at ferreting stuff out is Salmo.
    come on Sal, if you read this dont let me down.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

Come on SE...if you read this, your mailbox is full...again!
    Last edited by salmo23; 12-22-17 at 10:08 AM.
    "But, time will tell, of stars that fell
    A million years ago.
    Memories can never take you back, home, sweet home.
    You can never go home anymore."

Lol!

Cha Cha must be sending a bunch of love letters...
    "But, time will tell, of stars that fell
    A million years ago.
    Memories can never take you back, home, sweet home.
    You can never go home anymore."

Now there is a guy who I am missing. It was soooo nice to have a cyber admirer. Himself didnt seem too upset either.

I had no idea of the state of my boxes sorry. I have been in and emptied a few out. It seem very bizarre to just deleat stuff rather than save it but there doesnt seem much need to now. Yet another casualty of the end. For example out went my last ‘on it’ to Jesse and a sort of moan to Sooni. One I have kept is a lovely goodbye from ——- never mind some things should be kept secret.
    Last edited by Spanish eyes; 12-22-17 at 03:38 PM.
    SMELL THE ROSES.

G'day again Spanish,
    Regarding the order of play, up until last week there didn't seem to be any major plot irregularities from doing so. There were a few minor ones (such as remembering going to train destinations I'd never been to) but the plot of EG scenes seemed to depend only on that of CoS.

One exception is the unicorns - I'd discovered from a quest that we know they're prone to exaggeration. And I gained the impression from this site that I'd encounter them again EG, so I thought I'd better open NR before getting to that stage. But what surprised me was who else I encountered in EG. It did seem strange discovering him twice in 2 days, and I ended up pausing my EG progress until I'd finished the Bermuda digsites.

I'd saved up a few hundred shovels for NR, but it wasn't nearly enough as loads of digsites appeared straight away. Is that because they're meant to appear when I get to a certain level?

Still lots of digging left, and my ruby count is down to forty six thousand. And I'm surprised to be getting time limited quests again.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavyrail View Post
    G'day again Spanish,
    Regarding the order of play, up until last week there didn't seem to be any major plot irregularities from doing so. There were a few minor ones (such as remembering going to train destinations I'd never been to) but the plot of EG scenes seemed to depend only on that of CoS.

One exception is the unicorns - I'd discovered from a quest that we know they're prone to exaggeration. And I gained the impression from this site that I'd encounter them again EG, so I thought I'd better open NR before getting to that stage. But what surprised me was who else I encountered in EG. It did seem strange discovering him twice in 2 days, and I ended up pausing my EG progress until I'd finished the Bermuda digsites.

I'd saved up a few hundred shovels for NR, but it wasn't nearly enough as loads of digsites appeared straight away. Is that because they're meant to appear when I get to a certain level?

Still lots of digging left, and my ruby count is down to forty six thousand. And I'm surprised to be getting time limited quests again.
    Heavy rail, the premium sites in the NR used to come one at a time but somewhere along the line they all started showing up as soon as you opened the NR. Not sure why PG changed it but it happened a long time ago. It is really difficult for a while when you open the NR because it takes lots and lots of shovels and rubies to start getting any doable ruby trades.
    Level 117 just in time.