Thread: Multiple Fragments Mystery Solved!

Multiple Fragments Mystery Solved!

I expect it's too late for all those who were speculating in the Tinker's Workshop thread about what increases the chance of finding multiple fragments in the search sites. But as I was collecting fragments to upgrade my final aquamarine, I discovered the answer:

When you can't collect the relic (because you already have 50 of them in your backpack) your chance of getting multiple fragments is much higher.

I think I've found more triples in the Rome and Maya regions this week than the rest of the year!

I've wondered about that, too. I'd decided that it was completely random.

Well done Heavyrail, I'm happy to see someone else is still playing and enjoying the game

Quote Originally Posted by Heavyrail View Post
    I expect it's too late for all those who were speculating in the Tinker's Workshop thread about what increases the chance of finding multiple fragments in the search sites. But as I was collecting fragments to upgrade my final aquamarine, I discovered the answer:

When you can't collect the relic (because you already have 50 of them in your backpack) your chance of getting multiple fragments is much higher.

I think I've found more triples in the Rome and Maya regions this week than the rest of the year!
    Heavyrail:

Not to burst your bubble, but this isn't 100% correct. Trust me when I tell you that I have 3 or 4 legal pads filled with statistics on this very topic and have discussed it multiple times in the past on this forum. I decided not to post these statistics because there are users of this forum who feel that statistics and game information are boring and don't serve the greater good as much as china patterns or the weather in Europe.

True, once you've maxed out (50) the tradeable relics for a jewel frag site, you will start seeing, on occasion, 3 jewel frags. However, the frequency of finding two jewel frags BEFORE hitting 50 tradeable relics as opposed to the frequency of finding two jewel frags AFTER you've hit 50 tradebale relics is negligible.

In fact, the frequency of finding 2 or 3 jewel frags once you've maxed out (50) the tradeable relics is roughly the same for most jewel frag sites. That being said, in the course of recording thousands of searches in jewel frag sites, there are a few sites where the frequency for finding 2 or 3 jewel frags is actually higher than other sites. The Gem Mine, Mysterious Submarine, Kizhi Palace, Mayan Shrine, Italian Workshop, Italian Canal and Colosseum all produce higher frequencies of 2 or 3 jewel frags appearing AFTER 50 tradeable relics are collected. Now keep in mind, these stats are based on 1,000+ searches of each of the 23 jewel frag sites. Yes, that's correct. That's over 23,000 searches of those frag sites. Like I said before, there are some purists who used to play the game seriously and were willing to share their findings, until the forum became a tea social.

Regardless, I applaud your efforts. Keep searching and revealing. The truth is out there.
    Paradise Cove - Leader of the Darkwings (PM me about joining our guild)

Remembering Nayjon (1970-2017), guildmate and lover of TPC. I'll miss you, brother!

Secret Passages - Billionaire Bandits

The Billionaire Bandit club finished 78 strong and I'm proud of all who made this so much fun. Visit the Hall of Fame sticky thread for a list of Billionaire Bandits.

Hey GotSome.
    Nice to see you are still about. Just one question - What wrong with the weather in Europe or the discussion of it? - Snow in the UK and Northern Spain, probably other places as well, 25 degs (77 in your money) here in Murcia. I know you did not want or need to know that but ‘small pleasures’ and all that. Happy New Year.
    Support ID Q4A2FX9NCT Ipad Air a very interesting - level 117.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

WOW. Now, that's serious!

Intrepid Explorer
    Gotta is a great record keeper.

For the new players I wish you all great success in your endeavours.