Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 69th Guild Battle event as it is happening - December 15, 2017

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dane2016 View Post
    Sorry DA I wrongly concluded that you were battling for S2S.
    Apart from that you seem to be missing my point.
    S2S got an gigantic score yet non of the members are in the top 300 players.
    Possible, sure, but mysterious non the less.
    Same players..new IDs.
    Same players 2 accounts.
    Same players start game again.
    New players..fresh from low level spinning.

List can go on.

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

Quote Originally Posted by Marmack19 View Post
    Mayhem Final
    Name:  IMG_0019.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  37.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_0020.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  38.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_0021.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  38.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_0022.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  37.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_0023.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  39.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_0024.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  38.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_0025.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  39.7 KB
    This board does smell like rats!

Quote Originally Posted by 38supercomp View Post
    Dane, not mysterious at all if you know who it is.

They are players who score lots of points no matter what name they use.

And no, I am not one of them. And no matter how hard I try, no matter how many rubies I spend, I will never be one of them.
    Tbh, do you want to be like them?

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RudAnnaT View Post
    This board does smell like rats!
    Hey I was on that board. I smell like chocolate!

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

Quote Originally Posted by RudAnnaT View Post
    Tbh, do you want to be like them?
    I do not want to start a fight with anyone.

But..........my original comment - that I am not one of them, nor ever will be, was just to assure anyone reading the post that my efforts in the game are puny, and I am not ever going to be a top scorer. Having said that, I can admire the scores many people in this game can achieve. I have fought against several top ranked teams and seen people score several hundred points in a short time, and cursed the fact that I can't ever manage to do so. Maybe if I received more banners it would help. (Hint, hint PG!)

In defense of the players on the team in question:

The leader of the team treats me kindly. The leader of the team has given me tips and pointers to try to help me improve my play. The leader of the team does not run down other players when talking to me. The leader of the team is someone I consider a friend.

Would I like to be like them? In some ways, yes. I would love to be able to put up a kick-butt score and be a totally awesome player. I know that isn't going to happen - to quote a line in one of my favorite movies - a man's gotta know his limitations.
    (And I am not a man, but the quote fits.)

Would I like to be able to help other players improve their games? Yes, but I would have to be a heck of a better player than I am to do that.

I have accepted that I will never be a set the world on fire top player. I have tried to make my mark on the game by suggesting ideas for ships and stories. And by posting funny things on the forum. And by being quick to congratulate the winners of ships and events even if they kick my team's butt to do it. And by trying to be friendly and nice to others. I can only be me.

And I much prefer the scent of chocolate to just about any other scent. Disclaimer: I also like the scent of Old English Roses, the earth right after rain, hyacinths, lilacs, daffodils, fresh-baked bread and cinnamon toast.
    Last edited by 38supercomp; 12-20-17 at 05:23 PM.
    The very fact of snow is such an amazement.
    Roger Ebert

Member Vaders_Fist_2

69th Guild Battle Global Ranking

Team name marked bold received the top ship

Name:  Guild_Battle_69_1.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  81.2 KB
    Name:  Guild_Battle_69_2.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  81.5 KB
    Name:  Guild_Battle_69_3.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  57.1 KB

Congratulations to all who received the top ship.

There was a little dispute on REVENGE board about who was the top team, Thunderbolt OR Catphins. I took data from the forum where Thunderbolt was the #1 team on REVENGE board, whereas Catphins saw they are #1 on their devices. PG server lag.

Note: Apologies for uploading it late. I am travelling and don't have internet most of the time :-)
    Game ID: ritonbd
    Guild: TPCELITE
    Former Guild : Catphins/Dolphins_U35

Thank you very much to all the posters for taking the time and making the effort to post the various score boards. Without you, no comparisons will be possible. Much appreciated.

Thanks to Riton for the final comparison. Yes, we have had lively disputes at the times when the final match still had a big bonus attached to it. This made me ask people to wait about 30 minutes before grabbing screen shots to rule out the effect of server lag. I also decided to take the value of whoever could show me the highest value as the correct one for that team. It seems like team info are updated later than the info fed to other teams on the board. Luckily not something that comes up every day, but it does happen at times.

Congratulations to those who won a top ship for the first time.
    Congratulations to those who won a top ship.
    Congratulations to those who won a ship for the first time.
    Congratulations to those who won a ship.
    Congratulations to those who had a fun time and/or obtained personal bests.
    Congratulations to all winners of prizes.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  20.3 KB

Let me give my take on the global boards and I am going to concentrate on the individual player lists. This is what I have deduced from observing the boards and my scores over time. Disclaimer, I may be right, I may be wrong.

The scores reflected on the global board is a cumulative score including points earned in guild battles and individual battles.
    The board only updates with everybody's ranking information during individual battles. The other times it was only my relative position that changed.
    Being on the board only gives an indication that you are, or were, an active player.
    The board does not tell you what a player is able to score or their average score per event.
    You can see in which guild a player plays at that moment in time. Not a 100% correct for all. There are a few exceptions due to bugs from the PG side.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123