Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 42

Thread: PG, please stop back-to-back guild battles!

  1. #1

    Exclamation PG, please stop back-to-back guild battles!

    This is just a game and a game should be fun and a chill-out. It's not supposed to cause stress!!! More and more players leave the game because they lost the fun. More and more players play less because they struggle with juggling real life and guild life. Back-to-back guild battle events exhaust not only our resources but also ourselves. TPC is something like a top-level sport by now and burns out the players who still really play this game.

    So please stop that madness!!!

    Please give us the reasonable event schedule back, we had at the beginning, with guild battles every three weeks only. In return give us more individual battle events where players can battle according to their own schedule and without stress.
    Leader of CannonbllJog
    Game ID: Appelus

  2. #2
    Intrepid Explorer 38supercomp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Arkansas, USA
    Posts
    1,768
    I would also like a break between guild battles. I am getting old and need my beauty sleep.

    Seriously, back to back guild battles is a bit much. A break in between to rebuild resources would be much appreciated.
    "You remind me of a poem I can't remember, a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." Abe Simpson


    Member Vaders_Fist_2

  3. #3
    Obviously more and more people are loosing the interest!
    Leader of CannonbllJog
    Game ID: Appelus

  4. #4
    Longtime Tapper
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    536
    I really enjoy the back to back guild battles. If anything I'd prefer more.

    I found moving to a guild where there was less pressure and more fun helped. Maybe if the game is stressing you out you should find a guild that allows you to find a good guild/life balance

    Edit: Sorry, just noticed you were guild leader (This is awkward)
    Last edited by billybobbeaubum; 11-01-17 at 06:29 AM.

  5. #5
    Intrepid Explorer 38supercomp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Arkansas, USA
    Posts
    1,768
    LOL!!!!!!!

    billybobbb, I just saw your reply and I am almost falling off my chair, I am laughing so hard. It is a good thing I do not work in a large office. My husband is used to me sitting at my computer cracking up at what I read on here, but if I had other office mates, they would probably think I am crazy.

    I love the diversity of players and ideas in this game. Some love battling and would do it every week. Some hate it but do it for their guild. Some swear every time that they will sleep through a few matches that come in the middle of the night, but wake up every few hours and get up and fight. Some people fight a few battles out of the 24 and take whatever prizes their guild earns, and on and on. There are so many ways to approach guild battles.

    You are right - we all need to find a guild/life balance.

    If I ever find the right balance, I'll let you know. In the meantime, thanks for the laugh!

    And please, do not take this as an attack on you, or what you said. I am not criticizing you or your comment. Not at all. You said it quite eloquently, and you made a great point.
    Last edited by 38supercomp; 11-01-17 at 06:38 AM.
    "You remind me of a poem I can't remember, a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." Abe Simpson


    Member Vaders_Fist_2

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by billybobbeaubum View Post
    I really enjoy the back to back guild battles. If anything I'd prefer more.

    I found moving to a guild where there was less pressure and more fun helped. Maybe if the game is stressing you out you should find a guild that allows you to find a good guild/life balance

    Edit: Sorry, just noticed you were guild leader (This is awkward)

    I can assure you that there is no pressure but a lot of fun in CannonbllJog as well as in the other teams of our awesome guild family. :-) We really do our best to get the balance right! :-) That's why I started the thread! Guild battles keep you busy for three days every time and with back-to-back battles they do it two weekends in a row. That causes stress for many players. Additionally many players (especially the weaker or newer ones) don't have enough resources to keep up in the second guild battle. That spoils their fun and reduces their chances to get more keys and to do the side quests.
    Leader of CannonbllJog
    Game ID: Appelus

  7. #7
    Longtime Tapper
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by Sternenglitzerfee View Post
    I can assure you that there is no pressure but a lot of fun in CannonbllJog as well as in the other teams of our awesome guild family. :-) We really do our best to get the balance right! :-) That's why I started the thread! Guild battles keep you busy for three days every time and with back-to-back battles they do it two weekends in a row. That causes stress for many players. Additionally many players (especially the weaker or newer ones) don't have enough resources to keep up in the second guild battle. That spoils their fun and reduces their chances to get more keys and to do the side quests.
    I can see what you're saying but the two arguments put forward are a little counter-intuitive. There's apparently no pressure and yet there is stress for many players. Just my thoughts, but if there was no pressure there shouldn't be any stress.

    Maybe, much like with finances, your team should budget and allow for the fact there will be a guild battle 2 weeks in a row and utilise their resources accordingly or, alternatively, take a week off during the second guild battle if they don't feel they can compete to the level required in your guild.

    If you think about it, in any given 4 week period you collect the same amount of resources so it should really make no difference if the 2 guild battles are back to back or every other week, it's just that people choose to use all their resources on one of those weeks to the detriment of the other.

    If I eat all my chocolates today, there will be none left for tomorrow, but if I eat half today I'll have fewer today but there will be some left for tomorrow so I can enjoy chocolate on both days.

    Just my 2 pence worth.

    *goes back to washing up*

  8. #8
    Intrepid Explorer 38supercomp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Arkansas, USA
    Posts
    1,768
    Name:  IMG_2205[1].jpg
Views: 245
Size:  82.8 KB


    Name:  IMG_2206[1].jpg
Views: 246
Size:  74.9 KB


    Name:  IMG_2207[1].jpg
Views: 251
Size:  77.6 KB


    Name:  IMG_2208[1].jpg
Views: 246
Size:  78.8 KB


    Name:  IMG_2209[1].jpg
Views: 252
Size:  75.3 KB


    Name:  IMG_2210[1].jpg
Views: 250
Size:  69.1 KB


    Name:  IMG_2211[1].jpg
Views: 247
Size:  74.5 KB


    I'm sorry - my evil twin sister made me post these pictures.
    "You remind me of a poem I can't remember, a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." Abe Simpson


    Member Vaders_Fist_2

  9. #9
    ROFL

    I'm almost falling off my chocolate montain, SC! ;-)


    Name:  IMG_7033.JPG
Views: 243
Size:  31.0 KB
    Leader of CannonbllJog
    Game ID: Appelus

  10. #10
    Active Member GolfandBingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    228
    Hahahahahahahahahahaha........ohhhh myyyyyy.....SC!!!!!!!!!!! So, of course I have to add my 2 cents worth ....hehehehehe

    Name:  IMG_1425.JPG
Views: 240
Size:  71.4 KB

    Name:  IMG_1426.JPG
Views: 240
Size:  64.5 KB
    If it is not yours don't take it.......If it is not true don't say it.......If it is not right don't do it.

  11. #11
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by billybobbeaubum View Post
    I can see what you're saying but the two arguments put forward are a little counter-intuitive. There's apparently no pressure and yet there is stress for many players. Just my thoughts, but if there was no pressure there shouldn't be any stress.

    Maybe, much like with finances, your team should budget and allow for the fact there will be a guild battle 2 weeks in a row and utilise their resources accordingly or, alternatively, take a week off during the second guild battle if they don't feel they can compete to the level required in your guild.

    If you think about it, in any given 4 week period you collect the same amount of resources so it should really make no difference if the 2 guild battles are back to back or every other week, it's just that people choose to use all their resources on one of those weeks to the detriment of the other.

    If I eat all my chocolates today, there will be none left for tomorrow, but if I eat half today I'll have fewer today but there will be some left for tomorrow so I can enjoy chocolate on both days.

    Just my 2 pence worth.

    *goes back to washing up*
    I think as a guild leader she is expressing both points of view in one post maybe without even realizing it. Back to back battling does make it more challenging to manage both member stress and guild stress as a whole and even more so when you have a complex group of sister guilds working together. So while the guild does promote a pressure free environment, it is fundamentally hard to watch the more competitive members battling every week without feeling to some degree like you should be doing more - even in a relaxed guild - which that self pressure alone is stressful just by itself. With time between battles there is less pressure to have to commit too. Back to back weekends is disruptive to anyone with a busy RL where as the old schedule was much easier to manage with some breathing room in between.

    There are also alot of back side dynamics in running a team (particularly with as many parts as the multi guild groups) that come into play that many don't even realize. Guild leaders often do not get the credit they deserve for balancing all of the diverse personalities that participate in this game and the time commitment that they put in to finding the right balance for their teams and their members. So if there is enough stress being felt that this post was created, it's not coming from one individual speaking her mind, but from speaking as a leader which should merit some consideration.
    Officer of Quadrophonics. If you are interested in joining our Guild, PM me or find me on LINE at princesspwr

  12. #12
    New Member Dane2016's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    30
    It is beginning to sound more like work. I guess I am more of an easy going guildleader, guildbattles are an ideal time to smoke cigars as is doing the dishwashing by the way )

    To me the main problem with back to back guildbattles is that after the last battle there are two or even three weekends without a guildbattle. Players lose rhythm and drive. Every other weekend as it used to be was just fine.

    Since 3 months recruiting has become a problem. New applicants are scarce and still more than halve don’t seem to be interested in being in a guild. Nothing new but I still find it very curious since why actively apply and then play dumb. Perhaps the game automaticaly applies for non alligned players?

    Dane2016
    Leader Untraceable93

    (Oh, relaxed guild around guildbattle pos 50-40 with 2 openings, well eh, 3 openings after we drop the latest zombie, we are not that relaxed..)

  13. #13
    Cheers Golf! :-)

    Name:  IMG_7034.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  71.3 KB
    Leader of CannonbllJog
    Game ID: Appelus

  14. #14
    Longtime Tapper
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessPwr View Post
    There are also alot of back side dynamics
    Lol

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessPwr View Post
    I think as a guild leader she is expressing both points of view in one post maybe without even realizing it. Back to back battling does make it more challenging to manage both member stress and guild stress as a whole and even more so when you have a complex group of sister guilds working together. So while the guild does promote a pressure free environment, it is fundamentally hard to watch the more competitive members battling every week without feeling to some degree like you should be doing more - even in a relaxed guild - which that self pressure alone is stressful just by itself. With time between battles there is less pressure to have to commit too. Back to back weekends is disruptive to anyone with a busy RL where as the old schedule was much easier to manage with some breathing room in between.

    There are also alot of back side dynamics in running a team (particularly with as many parts as the multi guild groups) that come into play that many don't even realize. Guild leaders often do not get the credit they deserve for balancing all of the diverse personalities that participate in this game and the time commitment that they put in to finding the right balance for their teams and their members. So if there is enough stress being felt that this post was created, it's not coming from one individual speaking her mind, but from speaking as a leader which should merit some consideration.

    You hit the nail right on the head! Thanks a lot!
    Leader of CannonbllJog
    Game ID: Appelus

  16. #16
    Active Member GolfandBingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by Sternenglitzerfee View Post
    You hit the nail right on the head! Thanks a lot!
    Name:  IMG_1428.JPG
Views: 241
Size:  94.8 KB
    If it is not yours don't take it.......If it is not true don't say it.......If it is not right don't do it.

  17. #17
    Longtime Tapper
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessPwr View Post
    I think as a guild leader she is expressing both points of view in one post maybe without even realizing it. Back to back battling does make it more challenging to manage both member stress and guild stress as a whole and even more so when you have a complex group of sister guilds working together. So while the guild does promote a pressure free environment, it is fundamentally hard to watch the more competitive members battling every week without feeling to some degree like you should be doing more - even in a relaxed guild - which that self pressure alone is stressful just by itself. With time between battles there is less pressure to have to commit too. Back to back weekends is disruptive to anyone with a busy RL where as the old schedule was much easier to manage with some breathing room in between.

    There are also alot of back side dynamics in running a team (particularly with as many parts as the multi guild groups) that come into play that many don't even realize. Guild leaders often do not get the credit they deserve for balancing all of the diverse personalities that participate in this game and the time commitment that they put in to finding the right balance for their teams and their members. So if there is enough stress being felt that this post was created, it's not coming from one individual speaking her mind, but from speaking as a leader which should merit some consideration.
    I couldn't agree more, guild leaders are better people than the rest of us and I do greatly admire them, one day maybe I can even aspire to be one although I think I'd need to divorce my wife and sell my children first. I'd probably keep my dog.

  18. #18
    Active Member GolfandBingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by billybobbeaubum View Post
    I couldn't agree more, guild leaders are better people than the rest of us and I do greatly admire them, one day maybe I can even aspire to be one although I think I'd need to divorce my wife and sell my children first. I'd probably keep my dog.
    Laughing so hard.....was taking a drink of coffee and it went everywhere

    Name:  IMG_1429.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  15.2 KB
    If it is not yours don't take it.......If it is not true don't say it.......If it is not right don't do it.

  19. #19
    Longtime Tapper
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by GolfandBingo View Post
    Laughing so hard.....was taking a drink of coffee and it went everywhere

    Name:  IMG_1429.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  15.2 KB
    I live to give

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by billybobbeaubum View Post
    I couldn't agree more, guild leaders are better people than the rest of us and I do greatly admire them, one day maybe I can even aspire to be one although I think I'd need to divorce my wife and sell my children first. I'd probably keep my dog.
    Sorry, I can't comment that! I'm still busy witt rationing my chocolate for the next two guild battles!

    Name:  IMG_7035.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  86.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_7036.JPG
Views: 236
Size:  45.2 KB
    Leader of CannonbllJog
    Game ID: Appelus

  21. #21
    Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    23,691
    Name:  16e5f3aa2cdeff6fe5970a5f554310ed.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  12.8 KB


    "If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

  22. #22
    Smurfic Explorer BlueBlou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,602
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  18.4 KB

  23. #23
    Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    23,691
    Hey Blue love the bump.


    "If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

  24. #24
    Intrepid Explorer 38supercomp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Arkansas, USA
    Posts
    1,768
    I personally have to ration my chocolate. Not because of any monetary concern. If I eat all the chocolate I have today, I can go buy more for tomorrow!

    But as a friend who is among those who have posted on this thread once told me, since I am prone to migraine headaches, I cannot just pig out and eat all the chocolate I want. At one time, I could. As I have gotten older I am prone to those nasty headaches. My daily chocolate intake is enough to satisfy me, even if not as much as I would have eaten 20 or 30 years ago, pre-migraines. Since the several doctors I have talked to about my migraines cannot give me a complete answer as to why I have them, or what to do to stop them, I have to self-limit my chocolate. Doctors just say, "here, take these pills", not caring if the pills knock me out for 2 days and leave me unable to function as a normal person. I hate taking pills. Therefore, it is less chocolate in the hopes that leads to fewer headaches.

    And before anyone chimes in and posts that I am not actually a 'normal' person, yeah, I know. I am happy being me. I am the best me I can be. My 'normal' and your 'normal' may be vastly different.
    "You remind me of a poem I can't remember, a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." Abe Simpson


    Member Vaders_Fist_2

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
    Hey Blue love the bump.
    Me too! :-)

    Name:  IMG_7038.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  61.3 KB
    Leader of CannonbllJog
    Game ID: Appelus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •