Thread: So it's over?

So it's over?

Mendenhall Ice Cave. That's supposed to be the last new dune, and it arrived today. I was only playing a bit, just to complete each new dune, so I guess this will be the end. Sorry to see it go.

I think the main problem with SP was always how long it takes to load, and that it doesn't maintain the state when you switch to another app. Each time, a two or three minute startup. I'm using my phone more these days because I can do other apps without having to restart SP each time.

That is supposed to be it. I am just waiting to see if dunes will recycle like they are supposed to. I have 2 more to open and if they don’t I have the rubies to open them. Sorry to see the game be done in some ways but in other ways I am glad it is over. When PG did away with the events it sucked the life out of the game.
    Level 117 just in time.

Name:  IMG_4722.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  104.1 KB
    "But, time will tell, of stars that fell
    A million years ago.
    Memories can never take you back, home, sweet home.
    You can never go home anymore."

Intrepid Explorer
    A sad day for SP, but one we have known was coming. Mastering each of the EG dune scenes with perfect accuracy and a time bonus >34000 is the only thing that has kept me playing SP for the last nine months. I have just completed Mendenhall ice cave which was hard to unlock (about 60 tokens) but easy to play. I am not ready to uninstall yet, I will still do Monday madness for old times sake and will trade away my relics as and when I get ruby trades. Not sure what I will do with the rubies, probably just buy more level 10 gemstones.

This is kinda a sweet relief to know Mendenhall has arrived. I'm 2 behind due to not opening the game while on holiday so have another fortnight before making a final effort to achieve my only other remaining aim. Currently at 325k rubies and aiming for 400K and a possible ban for cheating! �� Or can someone else tell me that that won't happen??
    Level 118
    iPad Air2, iOS 8.2
    SP v2.23 - 344,0
    Support ID: AOW37XJAVU
    Event ID: Ariana1619182694

Quote Originally Posted by Tassie Ariana View Post
    This is kinda a sweet relief to know Mendenhall has arrived. I'm 2 behind due to not opening the game while on holiday so have another fortnight before making a final effort to achieve my only other remaining aim. Currently at 325k rubies and aiming for 400K and a possible ban for cheating! �� Or can someone else tell me that that won't happen??
    Well, when I was close to 4,000 I submitted a ticket and SP cleared it for me to go over that. With the end of everything, I don't know if you will get a response. I haven't played since January, but I think I was close to 6,000. If you do nothing, yes you will get banned. It is an automatic game response.

I guess I'll never get high enough to get banned. I have around 120k rubies and don't bother to raid the trees anymore. I'll try it tomorrow just to make sure that no new dune emerges.

I feel the same sort of sweet relief as Tassie, mixed with fond regret. It was a great game, but we knew this day was coming. I finished E.G. a while ago, but decided to go back to CoS and gather all the keys I didn't bother to get. Although I have all the dune sites, I also never got all those keys either, but probably won't revisit those. I've been enjoying playing the challenge passage -- its random generation brings lots of old favorites I might otherwise have forgotten. But once a day has become enough, and I expect that will taper off. I miss you all.

So for all who have wondered if the dunes in EG would come back around, they do. I have two left to open and the first one appeared today. So when those two are opened, my game will be complete. Like others have said, sad but relief also.
    Level 117 just in time.

Longtime Tapper
    Just fell off my chair!! Antique Holland Springtime is back with seed pkts to finish collecting.
    Woohoo! Something in this game is working. So exciting

Quote Originally Posted by Pippy View Post
    Just fell off my chair!! Antique Holland Springtime is back with seed pkts to finish collecting.
    Woohoo! Something in this game is working. So exciting
    Here also, but that's weird. First, I'm pretty sure I completed everything. Also, I just started AHS with one seed packet already found - I only need to find four. That's odd. I was thinking that maybe it recycles dunes that I didn't find all the items for and ended up opening with rubies, but since Pippy has the same dune show up, maybe it's just going to recycle all of them?

Quote Originally Posted by dgk02 View Post
    Here also, but that's weird. First, I'm pretty sure I completed everything. Also, I just started AHS with one seed packet already found - I only need to find four. That's odd. I was thinking that maybe it recycles dunes that I didn't find all the items for and ended up opening with rubies, but since Pippy has the same dune show up, maybe it's just going to recycle all of them?
    I didn't get AHS. I got High-Rise Construction with 4 previous found so I only had to find 1.
    Farewell, everyone.

I wish you good fortune in the game.

Even more than that, I wish you joy and well being in the real world.

Y

Ah, I went through all the dunes and I seem to have missed Antique Petting Zoo and Antique Spring Picnic. On each one I'm missing four items. Yeah! I have two more weeks of SP.

Hi guys! I am still playing and although sad it's come to an end I will still have to wait quite a while until I get there as I am a bit behind. (I have suspension railway this week to unlock!) At least now I should be able to catch up! I still play daily but not with so much enthusiasm! I still do Monday Madness each week and will do until I complete all the dig sites. Of course I still check the forum to see what you guys are all up to, I would miss that part most of all! Glad to hear the dunes recycle too, I have missed a couple now! Take it easy everyone!

Also a huge thank you for all the hard work compiling the list of dunes. It's been invaluable!

Well, I'm still working my way around the "Home" world, with one more site to open in Polynesia. So I hope this doesn't get shut down before that! I've also got tons of other stuff still to open and/or complete, so I guess I'll be wandering around this game for some time to come. It already feels a little like an abandoned city.

In reading previous threads I found the one with advice about jewels, then spent some time creating the ones that give extra energy, use less energy, and reduce the amount of coins needed to upgrade. What a timesaver! Thanks to all that put that thread together. I still spend weeks gathering the millions of coins, though.

Orchard Ranch

Quote Originally Posted by dgk02 View Post
    Me too. I've apparently got three seed packets to find, but I thought I'd already paid rubies. When I scroll back through the (interminable) list, though, it doesn't show up, so my memory could be wrong.