Thread: Lowest single sapphire level for shadow 5*?

Lowest single sapphire level for shadow 5*?

As I wait for my L10 sapphire to finish crafting, I'm wondering what the lowest level sapphire is anyone's used to 5* a level on shadow mode without the use of powerups or a second sapphire?

I managed it just once at L4 a the Italian Canal when there were two fragments.
    At L6 I've managed it many times with a single fragment.
    So far I haven't managed it anywhere with no fragments without using a second sapphire.

Hi Heavyrail and welcome to the forum!

I don't know how much help I can be, because I simply can't remember the lowest level sapphire I used to get 5* in shadow mode in my main game. What I can tell you is that in my long abandoned restart on my iPhone, I have 5* in shadow mode in Egypt, Moscow, Maya, Florence, Rome and the mines and I only have one level 5 sapphire and no further slots open to combine it with other sapphires. Some of those scenes were probably completed to 5* before the level 5, some of the more difficult ones were probably after. The other scenes are all 4*. Some of those are because I'm only getting short searches on my iPhone, so scoring high is difficult and some are because I don't play them as often, so I'm not very good at them. It's easier to get a high score on the iPad than the iPhone.

My advice would be to open all the slots if you haven't already and combine sapphires to give you a better score. Once you get 3 x level 10 sapphires, getting 5* is a breeze Of course, even one level 10 helps a lot and you'll find it much easier once it finishes crafting.

Hi Meggymoo,
    The L10 sapphire had finished crafting before the mods got around to approving this thread. Shortly afterwards I got the Polynesia Power Crystal, so getting 5* is no longer a priority. But I did notice how much easier it was with multiple sapphires. And I'm within a thousand rubies of being able to open the third slot, so I'll probably do that tomorrow.

Since losing my L6 sapphire (when I crafted the L10 sunstone) I found quartz to be very effective for getting 4*, so combined with sapphires it should make it very easy to get 5*.

I used to play SP on an iPad, but I lost the ability to load it shortly after opening the NR.

Hi Meggymoo,
    The L10 sapphire had finished crafting before the mods got around to approving this thread. Shortly afterwards I got the Polynesia Power Crystal, so getting 5* is no longer a priority. But I did notice how much easier it was with multiple sapphires. And I'm within a thousand rubies of being able to open the third slot, so I'll probably do that tomorrow.

Since losing my L6 sapphire (when I crafted the L10 sunstone) I found quartz to be very effective for getting 4*, so combined with sapphires it should make it very easy to get 5*.

I used to play SP on an iPad, but I lost the ability to load it shortly after opening the NR.

Heavyrail:

I vaguely remember how many points it takes to achieve 5* in Shadow Mode. Nevertheless, if you refer to this (https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...l=1#post612006) Combo Bonus Bar Breakdown analysis for NO Sapphires, 1 L10 Sapphire, 2 L10 Sapphires and 3 L10 Sapphires, you should be able to extrapolate (or come very close) to figuring out the lowest possible single Sapphire level needed to be able to achieve 5* in Shadow Mode.

If I remember correctly, you do not need any Sapphires to achieve 5* in Shadow Mode, AS LONG AS you make no mistakes and don't let your Combo Bonus Bar expire. I believe we had this discussion way back with Pietrpahn and Grave Digger (https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...l=1#post490313). In fact, Grave Digger reminded us that you can simply waste passive power-ups like freeze times, cameras, magnifying glasses, etc., which add 5,000 points per power-up used. Although, that would only be helpful to those who have power-ups to waste.

Good luck and I hope this helps!
    Paradise Cove - Leader of the Darkwings (PM me about joining our guild)

Remembering Nayjon (1970-2017), guildmate and lover of TPC. I'll miss you, brother!

Secret Passages - Billionaire Bandits

The Billionaire Bandit club finished 78 strong and I'm proud of all who made this so much fun. Visit the Hall of Fame sticky thread for a list of Billionaire Bandits.