Thread: News Regarding iOS 11

News Regarding iOS 11

Hey everyone,

It has recently come to our attention that the next version of iOS (iOS 11) will no longer support games that run on 32-bit. What this unfortunately means is that some of our Pocket Gems titles will end a bit sooner than we had originally anticipated. Itís important to note that this does not apply to the following games: War Dragons, Episode Interactive, Tap Paradise Cove, Campus Life, and Secret Passages.

I do apologize as I understand we had stated earlier in April that we would see some of these games being around in the store for at least another year out. Currently we donít have any plans to upgrade any of our existing 32-bit titles to 64-bit. This is largely due to the complications that can come from upgrading to 64-bit. The process takes quite a bit of time and resources to do, and we do not have enough people available to help make the conversion to 64-bit for these titles.

We will be sure to continue to provide more information on how this will adjust our plans as well as we intend to do as things move closer. I do want to also be sure to point out that we are not advising that players should not update their iOS version. There are many security updates that are bundled into each iOS update that is important to consider, and it would be remiss of us to advise against updating your iOS version. While it is sad to see our 32-bit titles go, we are excited about our supported titles, such as War Dragons, Episode, Tap Paradise Cove, Campus Life, and Secret Passage. We would love for you to join us there!

Jesse

Good News - SP is not due for the chop quite yet.

Bad News - the daily is still not fixed and there is no PG update
    https://forums.pocketgems.com/showth...l=1#post631616
    Support ID Q4A2FX9NCT Ipad Air a very interesting - level 117.
    SMELL THE ROSES.
    Usual Disclaimer shortened to UD means in my opinion, limited to my game, my style of play, in my experience, only speaking for myself, I am only giving my own opinion of my game play I would also cordially like to remind you that everyone not only plays differently but everyone had different games so what is right/works for one may not for another. It is NOT a one size fits all. I am still having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish eyes View Post
    [B]Good News - SP is not due for the chop quite yet.

That is good news...but Jesse, if you are truly 'excited about your supported titles, such as...Secret Passages, and would love to have people join you there!', then maybe fixing a key feature like the Daily Challenge would be a good idea if you want them to stick around.
    Last edited by salmo23; 07-05-17 at 05:48 PM.
    "But, time will tell, of stars that fell
    A million years ago.
    Memories can never take you back, home, sweet home.
    You can never go home anymore."

Quote Originally Posted by salmo23 View Post
    That is good news...but Jesse, if you are truly 'excited about your supported titles, such as...Secret Passages, and would love to have people join you there!', then maybe fixing a key feature like the Daily Challenge would be a good idea if you want them to stick around.
    Ditto from the Wheels household!