Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28

Thread: This Week's Event

  1. #1
    Employee Jesse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,194

    This Week's Event

    Hey everyone,

    We thought we would give a heads up in regards to this week's event. We're trying out something different this month so you may seen the order of events play out a bit differently than usual. We appreciate any feedback or thoughts you might have in regards to these changes.

    Jesse

  2. #2
    Member GolfandBingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    188
    Hi Jesse,
    I personally appreciate the change! I was not looking forward to back to back guild battle events.
    Thanks!!!!
    Contract Pirate

  3. #3
    Intrepid Explorer 38supercomp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Arkansas, USA
    Posts
    1,643
    Oh, dear! I just saw this. Sorry, Jesse, if I had been paying attention I would have posted sooner.

    See Golf's remarks above. She said it perfectly.
    "You remind me of a poem I can't remember, a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." Abe Simpson


    Member Vaders_Fist_2

  4. #4
    Giraffic Explorer giraffe510's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Buckeye country, Ohio
    Posts
    9,494
    Ditto
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

  5. #5
    Intrepid Explorer Tinytam2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    GA, USA
    Posts
    2,078
    My only concern, is are there any changes to the schedule that we may not like. To me, any schedule is fine as long as it meets these 2 conditions:

    1. The monthly Fleet quest must be run with an activity point event, not a battle event.

    2. Do not have guild battles in consecutive weeks. Any other type of event, I don't mind if we had 2 in a row.

    Up until a few months ago, these rules were never broken. Glad to see the change away from back to back guild battle events. So as long as nag as the changed schedule doesn't mess up item 1, I will be happy.
    Cannoncrusher guild leader.

    Just a tiny quester.

  6. #6
    Zookeeper andyb386's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    981
    4 week months: Guild battle, points event, guild battle, points event and fleet quest.
    Any month with 5 weekends throw in an individual battle event for the extra weekend.
    Simples
    Player Name mrb386
    Proud member of the Cannonbll clan

  7. #7
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Sunny Florida
    Posts
    360
    I'll throw in my 2 cents: Thanks for the change away from consecutive guild battles!!

  8. #8
    Sorority Superstar Pinkpanther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,547
    So long as the game is around, I am happy. I don't care in what sequence PG throws the events, after all I have the choice to participate or not!! Said that, if an option is given, I second Andy's proposal!!

    For slowing down I wish to propose the following ideas to reduce the work load for skeleton crew:

    1. No weekly quest.
    2. Monday - Coin ship (Free Rubies can be attached to it and no separate deco is required), Wednesday - 359 ruby ship and Friday - Ruby ship with no quests (Saves time and storage space)
    3. Alternate weeks - Shovel and mermaid spin quests
    4. Monthly 50-50-50 quest.
    5. Weekend events according to PG's whim!!

    I think we can see 2020 easily!!
    Last edited by Pinkpanther; 06-20-17 at 10:22 PM.
    Contract Pirate

  9. #9
    Member GolfandBingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkpanther View Post
    So long as the game is around, I am happy. I don't care in what sequence PG throws the events, after all I have the choice to participate or not!! Said that, if an option is given, I second Andy's proposal!!

    For slowing down I wish to propose the following ideas to reduce the work load for skeleton crew:

    1. No weekly quest.
    2. Monday - Coin ship (Free Rubies can be attached to it and no separate deco is required), Wednesday - 359 ruby ship and Friday - Ruby ship with no quests (Saves time and storage space)
    3. Alternate weeks - Shovel and mermaid spin quests
    4. Monthly 50-50-50 quest.
    5. Weekend events according to PG's whim!!

    I think we can see 2020 easily!!
    +1........+1000.......+1000000000000000
    Contract Pirate

  10. #10
    Longtime Tapper Paricalu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    544
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkpanther View Post
    So long as the game is around, I am happy. I don't care in what sequence PG throws the events, after all I have the choice to participate or not!! Said that, if an option is given, I second Andy's proposal!!

    For slowing down I wish to propose the following ideas to reduce the work load for skeleton crew:

    1. No weekly quest.
    2. Monday - Coin ship (Free Rubies can be attached to it and no separate deco is required), Wednesday - 359 ruby ship and Friday - Ruby ship with no quests (Saves time and storage space)
    3. Alternate weeks - Shovel and mermaid spin quests
    4. Monthly 50-50-50 quest.
    5. Weekend events according to PG's whim!!

    I think we can see 2020 easily!!
    Except 359 rubies ship, your idea it's OK for long time players with large fleets.
    On the other hand, the new players will progress very slow with only 2-4 ships per week.
    I know is time consuming for TPC's reduced staff to roll out quests every day but, taking into account that you need ships in all the versus, they can offer 1k ships for about 100 rubies in several days per week.
    Guilds: Dolphins_U35 and CatPhins
    Player name: GGContraPG

    Don't blame me....it's google translate's fault!

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Paricalu View Post
    Except 359 rubies ship, your idea it's OK for long time players with large fleets.
    On the other hand, the new players will progress very slow with only 2-4 ships per week.
    I know is time consuming for TPC's reduced staff to roll out quests every day but, taking into account that you need ships in all the versus, they can offer 1k ships for about 100 rubies in several days per week.
    In the old days we got lots of offers for ships for far less than 359 rubies. They could bring that practice back, including offering old ship designs that newer (or older) players missed out on. These ships could be relatively weak, as the old-school ships were, but help newer players quickly build up large fleets.

  12. #12
    Longtime Tapper Diamond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    646
    Since you asked for feedback, I believe my opinion is similar to the players who play this game and do not participate on the forum. I am sure the ones who are on the forum disagree, however they are not the majority.

    Paradise Cove used to be a game that was fun to play part- time, now it is a full -time job with too much over time to win the best prizes.

    All the game is about is guild wars, guild wars, guild wars, guild wars, it is just too much! Too much time involved, too often & worthless prizes offered for the majority that are not worth the effort.

    The way guild wars were set up were unfair with players having a major advantage over others, PG refused to fix this so instead the ones who go on the forum are happy with this game being focused on guild wars while the rest are not.

    And why is it such a secret to what the slow down will be ?

  13. #13
    Zookeeper andyb386's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    981
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Since you asked for feedback, I believe my opinion is similar to the players who play this game and do not participate on the forum. I am sure the ones who are on the forum disagree, however they are not the majority.

    Paradise Cove used to be a game that was fun to play part- time, now it is a full -time job with too much over time to win the best prizes.

    All the game is about is guild wars, guild wars, guild wars, guild wars, it is just too much! Too much time involved, too often & worthless prizes offered for the majority that are not worth the effort.

    The way guild wars were set up were unfair with players having a major advantage over others, PG refused to fix this so instead the ones who go on the forum are happy with this game being focused on guild wars while the rest are not.

    And why is it such a secret to what the slow down will be ?
    Sorry but have to disagree on 1 point Diamond. Plenty of posters (regular and otherwise) on the forum have complained about the frequency of guild wars on many occasions. The problem is PG just don't listen.
    Other than that small point, I agree with everything else you said
    Player Name mrb386
    Proud member of the Cannonbll clan

  14. #14
    Longtime Tapper Diamond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    646
    Quote Originally Posted by andyb386 View Post
    Sorry but have to disagree on 1 point Diamond. Plenty of posters (regular and otherwise) on the forum have complained about the frequency of guild wars on many occasions. The problem is PG just don't listen.
    Other than that small point, I agree with everything else you said
    Thank you, Andy for your feedback

    It is so sad that greed ruined a good game for the majority who used to enjoy Paradise Cove!

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Thank you, Andy for your feedback

    It is so sad that greed ruined a good game for the majority who used to enjoy Paradise Cove!
    Totally agree!!!

  16. #16
    I disagree about offering weaker ships for newer players. Let's be honest. New players should abandon ship and find a different game to play. They will never be able to compete with those of us who began several years ago. I am also frustrated by all guild events. I feel like I am letting my guild down when I missed a big battle because my son had the nerve to graduate that day. I am a broken record on this but puleeeeze let us craft all the useless **** in our cove into those elusive boosts. If guild wars are our future make the prizes better. In the past two battles my guild won the lowest upgradable ship. We were all pleased as punch. I spent 1,100 rubies that weekend. The ship upgraded to 2,660 or something like that.
    I could have bought three ships that upgrade to somewhere in the fours for that amount. I don't want or need any more pearls. This game has actually become a little stressful for me lol, planning and plotting what to buy what I can do, I cannot quit, I have too much invested lol. It would be a nice sign of customer appreciation to acknowledge some of our requests before the game slows down in three weeks.
    No more sapphire or emerald rewards. If I spin with rubies I want rubies back not 10 white pearls.
    More ways to craft useless into useful. There are unused crafting deco's sitting around.
    These are PIXELS we cannot trade sell or barter them. No reason to be so stingy about them. Okay back to your day.

  17. #17
    Giraffic Explorer giraffe510's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Buckeye country, Ohio
    Posts
    9,494
    Well said...or well pled...Map
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

  18. #18
    I woke up this am to the opportunity to spend up to $29.97 plus whatever Illinois felt like gouging me for, for an "Amazing Bundle". PG, I gotta tell you there is nothing amazing about it. For ten bucks on the eve of battle after battle what would be amazing is, real boosts not pathetic cannon balls, gold pearls? Of no use in a battle, how about some speedy repairs?, same for black pearls. How about a few mid range cannons etc that I could feed to the fuse machine?
    Maybe 20-30 rubies... you know just because. I know the clock is ticking on our lovely cove but perhaps before that happens a few changes could be made. I would buy a bundle if it was amazing. You would get my money to pour into your new games. It is rather insulting to be thanked for supporting Paradise Cove when I know I am not, but anyhoo... just my daily 2 cents.

  19. #19
    Intrepid Explorer 38supercomp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Arkansas, USA
    Posts
    1,643
    Here is a picture of the "Astonishing Bundle" I am offered:

    Name:  IMG_8574[1].jpg
Views: 376
Size:  20.6 KB

    Energy Orbs: Yes, I want them. As someone else has pointed out in a post on this thread, all items offered in this game are only pixels. Give me more of them and it would be astonishing. I think 25 to 50 would be a nice number.

    Black Pearls: Yes, I want them. But how much money can I reasonably spend for them. Hmmmm. Depends on how many books I sell and how much money Amazon deposits into my account. (Shhh, don't tell my hubby, but I may have overspent that amount lately.)

    Camouflage Cannonballs: Yes, I want them. 50 would be a tempting offer. So far I have resisted. The Borg are wrong this time.

    Golden Pearls: No, thanks. I have quite a few of those right now. They do not tempt me.

    Rubies: I always want (need!) rubies, but 20 does not astonish me. I guess I am a greedy wench. Wretch? Depends on who you talk to. Haha. (Inside joke.) 100? Come on, guys, be generous! 200 would do it for me.

    To cut to the chase: I spend way too much money on this game. In order to coax more of my money out of me, you will have to actually astonish me. Up the ante and tempt me with a better bundle. Offer a bundle so smurfy I can't resist.

    "The bundle you want, this is not!" (I am sure I heard Yoda say that.)



    Take off the GPs, add in a super strong cannon, up the numbers of boosts and make the rubies 200 and I would be astonished. And you would be getting more of my money.
    Last edited by 38supercomp; 07-14-17 at 11:31 AM.
    "You remind me of a poem I can't remember, a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." Abe Simpson


    Member Vaders_Fist_2

  20. #20
    New Member Dane2016's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    22
    Name:  IMG_0054.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  92.2 KB

    This was offered 2 pointsevents in a row in the eurozone.
    Yeah, right. I recognise 1800 fake rubies when I see them.


    "Everything of value is defenceless" Lucebert



  21. #21
    New Member Dane2016's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
    Hey everyone,

    We thought we would give a heads up in regards to this week's event. We're trying out something different this month so you may seen the order of events play out a bit differently than usual. We appreciate any feedback or thoughts you might have in regards to these changes.

    Jesse
    Another guildbattle is announced for next weekend.
    My vote is for the system you tried last month!

  22. #22
    Giraffic Explorer giraffe510's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Buckeye country, Ohio
    Posts
    9,494
    Ridiculous...they already know how we feel about back to back guild battles...
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

  23. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    115
    It is raining & I am bored today so.....
    If the pirates who are left playing paradise cove really want the madness with the guild wars to stop all of you should get together and refuse to participate in back to back guild wars, that would end it because the game is all about how much money PG can make
    Unfortunately PG is making money off of back to back guild wars and PG knows all of you would never get together and refuse to participate

  24. #24
    Active Member Delia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    256
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  19.1 KB
    No I do not wear tights.... I wear the required uniform!!!! If I can't find the uniform... I let my freak flag fly. Why? Because I can!!

  25. #25
    Sorority Superstar Pinkpanther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,547
    Contract Pirate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •