Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Good news!

A pair of scissors just jumped out of my desk drawer and started doing the Edward Scissorhands thing on my hair. It is now about 5" shorter, and off my neck. I feel ever so much better now.

But I still hope the AC is fixed when I get home from work.
    The very fact of snow is such an amazement.
    Roger Ebert

Member Vaders_Fist_2

My AC is fixed!! God bless the AC repairman. It is 103 F outside and hit 100 F in the shop today for the first time this year!

I was in danger of melting.
    Roger Ebert

Member Vaders_Fist_2

I had a fun and interesting discussion earlier with a few friends.

One commented that she likes to turn things on their heads and see what falls out, or words to that effect.

I know what would fall out of my head.

Words.

Piles of words.

If images fell out, we would all be in trouble, because my dreams are often more like nightmares and I always wonder "where the heck did that come from?" or "What the heck does that dream mean?"

The piles of words would be less shocking, obtrusive, jarring, scary and just plain weird. I do think hopeful things. I think about sunsets, and clouds and fluffy kittens and puppies. And chocolate. And other pleasant thoughts.

To illustrate what might happen if I were "turned on my head" as my friend so eloquently put it, may I present:

Name:  IMG_8921[1].jpg
Views: 362
Size:  20.8 KB

Name:  IMG_8925[1].jpg
Views: 351
Size:  97.5 KB

Name:  IMG_8926[1].jpg
Views: 356
Size:  74.5 KB

Name:  IMG_8927[1].jpg
Views: 355
Size:  78.0 KB
    Roger Ebert

Member Vaders_Fist_2

Another guild battle done!

Results are posted.

My jar of cookie dough has lots left in it.

I just brought in my 1/2 gallon of herbal sun tea that I make every day. I will drink it iced tomorrow. (With a touch of honey. Louisiana honey.
    I love honey. I love BEES! Bees make honey. I would love to have some mango honey.)

Life is good in my little corner of the world.

Join me in VF2, and we can chat.
    Roger Ebert

Member Vaders_Fist_2

It's another hot day in Arkansas. And I have to admit that yesterday was a long, hot, miserable day and I made a big boo-boo.

A serious mistake.

An uh-oh to end all uh-ohs.

The ceiling fans in our shop were wired together, but not connected to a switch mounted on the wall. To turn them on or off, we flip the breaker in the breaker box. And I painted the breaker yellow, to distinguish it from the breakers above and below it.

When we got to the shop this morning, the fans were on. Uh-oh!

Yep, I flipped off the breaker above the yellow one!

Guess what is on that breaker?

Everything in the office.

Computers, lights, fans, and most important, the refrigerator.

My uh-oh meant the fridge was off from 5pm to 7:30am.

Uh-oh! Boo boo! Big mistake!

Good news is that since no one opened the door to the freezer or fridge, it stayed cold. The ice cream is still frozen. My precious jar of edible-without-baking cookie dough is okay! Phew.

My only excuse(s) is/are that I am old, was tired from being in the heat all day, was sleep-deprived from the guild battle and we had already turned off the lights and I missed the fact that I had missed the yellow breaker and hit a grey one instead.

Once the versus button is gone, if you are thinking of changing guilds or joining a guild, join me in VF2. Sometimes I put funny stories in game chat that I don't post here.
    Roger Ebert

Member Vaders_Fist_2

I resisted buying the ruby ship!

And we have a new member in VF2!

Yippee skippee, it is a good day!

Still a few spots left in VF2.
    Roger Ebert

Member Vaders_Fist_2

The third pirate we will face in this fleet quest is: Hades Snake Ship.

Snake Ship?

Seriously, after several suggestions on the thread for player ideas for ships and story lines, in which I and others have requested ships with snakes on them, we are getting a Hades Snake Ship?

I can't wait to see what it will look like!

Oh, I have to wait.

I feel like a kid right before Christmas. I want to shake the boxes to see if they rattle, and to see how heavy they are.

I do not want to wait. I want to see the Hades Snake Ship NOW!

Is anyone else excited about this ship?

One ship I regret not getting is the ship with the blue Cobra on the bow. I see it all the time in battles.

Name:  IMG_9117[1].jpg
Views: 553
Size:  13.4 KB

Blue sent me a picture. I have no idea why I do not have this ship. It is awesome.

Join me in Vaders_Fist_2, and we can talk snakes. Or ships. Or whatever else you would like to talk about.
    Last edited by 38supercomp; 07-27-17 at 11:35 AM.
    Roger Ebert

Member Vaders_Fist_2

The good news is:

I hit 6,000 points in the event. I received the hull. I am now in slacker mode as far as the points event goes.

And it is only 70 degrees F. this morning. About 21.12 C. And it is not humid. Usually at this time of the year, it is so humid in Arkansas in the morning that when I walk outside it feels as if someone has wrapped a wet blanket around my head. Today, I have the AC off and doors and windows open. It is wonderful! Very unusual for the end of July where I live.

I have heard from people who have lived in this area all their lives that the humidity levels changed after Lake Dardanelle, a man-made lake, was created. It seems logical. When they put in the dam for hydro-electric power and flooded thousands of acres of land to make the lake, it seems logical that adding all that extra water into the region would have an impact on the humidity level. Of course, I am not a scientist or a meteorologist or any other 'ist', and I may be completely gullible to listen to the people who say there were changes. After all, when 'they say' comes into the picture, I am usually skeptical. I want to know who 'they' are, and how 'they' are qualified to answer questions.

For today, I am going to enjoy my humidity-free cool air, and just go outside and breathe!

And I don't care if the floaties are harder or easier to tap. Or about the same. I have the rewards I wanted, and anything else is just a bonus!

Join me in Vaders_Fist_2 and we can talk fishing. There are several nationally recognized bass fishing tournaments held on Lake Dardanelle every year. Including one with $100,000.00 in prizes. I know people who have won over $10,000.00 in bass tournaments. Ten thousand dollars! For fishing!

And my hubby does not enjoy fishing. We went the 'buy a boat, buy a bigger, better, more expensive, flashier, shinier, glittery boat' route years ago. Before the prizes climbed to astronomical amounts. He hates to sit in a boat in the heat, on the lake, with the sun glaring off the water, baking his brains while he tries to catch a fish. He won't do it. Not even for the chance of winning a bunch of money.

I wonder what he would think if he knew how many of my stories feature him? It is a good thing he never reads what I post.
    Roger Ebert

Member Vaders_Fist_2

The good news is that I finished the fleet quest yesterday. I could not sleep last night and kept plugging away at the Hades Snake Ship until all of a sudden, I was done!

Yippee! Yahooooo! Done, in one day.

Still a few spots left in VF2.

Join me and my mates. We have interesting chats in the middle of the night.

"That's what she said!"
    Roger Ebert

Member Vaders_Fist_2

The following pictures are definitive proof that men and women think differently.

The good news is that no children were hurt when these dads babysat. And the pictures are good for a laugh.

Let's hope that someday, when these kids are grown up, they laugh at the pictures.

Name:  IMG_9228[1].jpg
Views: 285
Size:  12.3 KB

(I hope that was a washable marker!)

Name:  IMG_9229[1].jpg
Views: 288
Size:  20.4 KB

Name:  IMG_9230[1].jpg
Views: 276
Size:  18.6 KB

Name:  IMG_9231[1].jpg
Views: 290
Size:  16.9 KB

(Who knew you could use a toilet plunger to control your kid? At least it was a new, unused one.)

Name:  IMG_9232[1].jpg
Views: 277
Size:  17.9 KB

Name:  IMG_9233[1].jpg
Size:  16.7 KB

(This is my favorite. You've gotta love a guy who loves his Harley. And his baby.)

Name:  IMG_9234[1].jpg
Size:  18.3 KB

(Bath time was never as much fun with mom!)

Name:  IMG_9235[1].jpg
Size:  19.3 KB

Name:  IMG_9236[1].jpg
Size:  13.9 KB

(This dad is taking care of two problems at once. The child keeps trying to crawl away, and dad figured out a way to work in some muscle-building exercise at the same time.)
    Roger Ebert

Member Vaders_Fist_2

Name:  image.jpg
Size:  16.3 KB

True SC! And I don't know about y'all... But I looooved it when Dad babysat
    No I do not wear tights.... I wear the required uniform!!!! If I can't find the uniform... I let my freak flag fly. Why? Because I can!!

Name:  IMG_9261[1].jpg
Views: 258
Size:  84.2 KB

My newest socks.

Made by the Darn Tough Company, Vermont, USA.

I can't wait for cool weather so I can wear them.

Join me in Vaders_Fist_2. We can talk socks.

Or cats, dogs, flowers, books, the weather, chocolate, or about anything else you want to talk about. We have some lively chats in our guild. A few of the members of VF2 are quite witty, and ready with a funny quip. Someone is always around to chat with, no matter the hour of the day or night. You would definitely not be stuck just talking to me. Join me and see what I mean.

Apply now before the next guild battle. Someone is always around to accept new members.
    Roger Ebert

Member Vaders_Fist_2

I read a fascinating blog. It is written by a vegan. All about veganism. The vegan lifestyle. Why one should/would become a vegan. The benefits of eating a vegan diet.

I have no intention to become a vegan. I like the occasional steak. I like bacon. And eggs. And honey.

But there is no reason not to read the blog and learn a few things. I love to read it. I like to learn, and think one should never stop learning.

In the latest post, the author discusses pink lemons. Yes, PINK lemons. Did you know lemons come in pink?

They are a variety of the Eureka Lemon.

Name:  IMG_9305[1].jpg
Views: 235
Size:  13.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_9303[1].jpg
Views: 243
Size:  17.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_9304[1].jpg
Views: 240
Size:  11.8 KB

I love lemons. I always ask for lemon in my water when I eat out. I often squeeze the juice from half a lemon into a cup of warm water and drink it first thing in the morning. I have been known to put lemon slices into my water infuser pitcher. And I have been eating lemons since I was a kid. Yes, after I squeeze the juice from the lemon into my water, or my herbal tea, I eat the lemon. Okay, I admit it, I am weird. (If you know me at all, you already know that. No surprise there.)

Anyway, back to the pink lemons.

I was looking for a picture to post and found pictures of other fruits people might not know about.

Like Witch's Finger grapes.

Name:  IMG_9307[1].jpg
Views: 235
Size:  17.8 KB

Yes, I have eaten them. I really like grapes. I like to freeze them and then eat them frozen. I have always liked to eat ice cubes, and frozen grapes are yummy substitutions for ice cubes.

I found a company called The Grapery, which is breeding flavored grapes. Non GMO, in case that matters to anyone.

Name:  IMG_9306[1].jpg
Views: 233
Size:  19.7 KB

Seriously, Cotton Candy flavored grapes.

Name:  IMG_9309[1].jpg
Views: 233
Size:  15.4 KB

Name:  IMG_9308[1].jpg
Views: 231
Size:  18.7 KB

I love that people are growing new types of fruits and vegetables.

Last Saturday I went to our local farmers market and found a man selling Cherokee Purple tomatoes. It is an heirloom (or old-fashioned) variety of tomato one rarely finds any more.

Name:  IMG_9313[1].jpg
Views: 245
Size:  10.2 KB

From the heirloom to the newest trends in fruits and vegetables, I am glad there is so much variety available.

Hmmmmmm, it might not be too hard for me to go vegetarian.

But I just don't think I could give up my honey. I put a bit of honey in my Hibiscus tea. Which I drink every day.

Join me in Vaders_Fist_2 and we can talk grapes, tomatoes, and honey.
    Roger Ebert

Member Vaders_Fist_2

That very same pink lemon tasted excellent in my beer!
    LOL
    Tight is tight and too tight is broken.

Officer of Warrior Family

Name:  IMG_9386.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  20.4 KB

Name:  IMG_9384.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  15.4 KB

I have two colors of these lilies in my yard. The red ones bloom earlier than the pink ones.
    They are called magic lilies, surprise lily, resurrection lily, or naked lady lily.

The leaves come out early in the spring with the daffodils. For a few months the leaves grow and then die back. Months later, the lilies bloom on large stalks that shoot up out of the ground.

The reason I am posting the pictures in my good news thread is because my hubby knows where they are and did not mow that spot last weekend when he mowed. I was amazed!

This is the man who mows/bush hogs anything that does not run from him. But he did not mow these flowers, even though the stalks were barely breaking through the ground last weekend.

There are still a few spots open in Vaders_Fist_2. Join me. We are a fun bunch of people.

PS.........any talk of table dancing may or may not be true.
    Roger Ebert

Member Vaders_Fist_2

A friend of mine has a new dog. We grow them big in Arkansas.

Name:  IMG_9393.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  80.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_9392.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  76.3 KB
    Roger Ebert

Member Vaders_Fist_2

BIG? That dog looks heavy!!!

It is not raining right now.

This is good news because it has been rainy for several days. And in the last 8 hours we have received about 6 - 7 inches of rain. Several streets around town are flooded. We had to make a few detours to get to work this morning.

I was doing banner dances, I swear I was. Not rain dances. (And not any other kind of dances, either. No matter what you may hear.)

Some good news from the event just ended:

The 501st set a new team high. Going over 50,000 points is a big accomplishment. Way to score, 501st! It was a hard-fought total, considering how that board went all weekend. One battle had them up on top, the next falling to second or third as Rowdy clawed their way back to the top.

Congratulations to everyone who won a ship. You all deserve it!

One of the 501st set a new personal best. A few people contacted her outside the game, on GroupMe, etc., to encourage her to go for it. I did, because someone asked me to. Good thing I still have that GroupMe group active. I am glad she made it.

The contract pirates helped another guild get a top ship. Awesome job! I know there are people who love the idea of the contract pirates, like me, and some who do not. I say if they are having fun and helping people win ships, go for it!

And if anyone wants to come visit me in VF2 this weekend, feel free to come and score some points. This week's event will be all about chocolate, and that is the story of my life. I am definitely all about chocolate. And I have found a new recipe for ice cream made from frozen bananas. It is not plain old 'Yonana' either. In case anyone does not know about 'Yonana', Dole has been pushing it on their banana labels for a few years now. I do not love bananas. I eat them because they are supposed to be good for me, but they are not my favorite fruit. Dipped in chocolate, bananas foster, banana bread - yeah, I have to dress them up to really like them. But this new concoction made with frozen bananas and cocoa is awesome. Chocolatey, takes only a short time to freeze the bananas and seconds to whip it up. And it is vegan. From my favorite vegan website. That girl may not make a vegan of me, but she just gave me a new treat that I don't have to feel guilty about eating. That is good news.

And one final piece of good news - I hit 25 rubies on a 1.2B spin while spinning for keys for the mermaid ship. I won't get the mermaid ship, but those 25 rubies bring me that much closer to buying the next ruby ship.

Lots of good news to appreciate today.

Join me in Vaders_Fist_2 and let's see what we can find to talk about.
    Roger Ebert

Member Vaders_Fist_2

I hesitate to even post anything on this thread.

Good news when the world seems to be going insane?

But if we do not look for, and appreciate, the good news, we will all go insane.

And since the news on television, the internet and radio is all doom and gloom, we have to look for good news ourselves. There is an old saying in the news business - "if it bleeds it leads".

First, the good news is that I received a book in the mail from a player I met in the tavern. The language in it makes me blush, and the editing is awful. What the publisher did to that book is cringe-worthy.

But the good news (even with the poor editing) is that the young man has an awesome talent as a writer. Nothing can take away from the genuine talent displayed in his words.

I have books on Amazon. His talent puts mine to shame. My books are nice, clean, family-friendly and sanitized. His is not. But his talent shines through on every page.

I read his "About the Author" page with tears in my eyes. I have no children, and can't imagine what his mother has gone through. I am glad he has found writing. It is a great outlet for so much of what we all feel inside. Even if no one ever reads what you write. I am a big proponent of writing - even if it is just in a journal.

Talent is talent, and he is extremely talented. I am not just saying that to be nice to his mother.

And the really good news is that I have found a bunch of people in this game that I really love like brothers and sisters. There are some wonderful people playing TPC. When I see the hate that erupts in RL, I am glad I know people who demonstrate the other side of the coin.

I am no Pollyanna by any means. I have good moods and bad moods, and I can be as cranky as anyone. Especially if I run out of chocolate. But I like to look for the good in others. And so I celebrate good news.
    Last edited by 38supercomp; 08-18-17 at 12:33 PM.
    Roger Ebert

Member Vaders_Fist_2

I found some earrings that I love.

They are made by a Marine, a tough burly guy who restores airplanes for a living. He made a pair of these earrings for his wife. She wore them to a craft fair and a woman who had a booth at the fair asked her where she got them. The wife pointed to her husband. When the lady in the booth asked if he could make some for her to sell, the wife said "sure he can" before the man could say "no".

And the rest is history.

They are made from reclaimed aluminum scraps from the military and commercial airplanes he restores. I think they are really cool. And as someone who loves to fly, and who can make paper airplanes and fly them with the best of the paper-airplane-flyers in the Cub Scout troop at my church, I have decided I need a pair of them.

Now if I can just stop myself from buying rubies in TPC.

Name:  IMG_9678[1].jpg
Views: 124
Size:  4.6 KB

It is a dilemma. More rubies or more earrings?

What to do, what to do?

Join me in Vaders_Fist_2 when the versus button lifts, and you can advise me on what you think I should do.

PS: Dee, you know you can just jump in here and put in your opinion. I would say "two cents worth" but it is worth way more than that.
    Roger Ebert

Member Vaders_Fist_2

Seriously? You're talking about two of my favorite things here.. jewelry and Marines! No contest!
    No I do not wear tights.... I wear the required uniform!!!! If I can't find the uniform... I let my freak flag fly. Why? Because I can!!

You are inviting De to talk about Marines???!!! Oh my....
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

Name:  IMG_0473.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  79.6 KB

I've always had a thing for Marines.... can't help it y'all

Warning - seriously bad puns coming up.

Don't say I did not warn you.

The fattest knight at King Arthur's round table was Sir Cumference. He acquired his size from eating too much pi.

No matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationary.

The hillbilly's daughter was only a mediocre whiskey maker, but the traveling salesman loved her still.

Two men in a kayak off the coast of Alaska were cold. They lit a fire in the bottom of the kayak. The kayak burned and sank, proving once again that you can't have your kayak and heat it too!

I told you they were bad. But I'll bet someone who reads them smiles.

Speaking of betting, I would bet on Mayweather against McGregor in the upcoming boxing match if I was going to bet on either of them. I am not sure McGregor can/will stick to the rules and not go MMA in the middle of the match.

Join me in Vaders_Fist_2, and we can trade puns. Or talk boxing. Or whatever you'd like to talk about.
    Roger Ebert

Member Vaders_Fist_2

TPC - Level 90 Mrs Ripple, Officer of the Darkwings
    TPC - Level 84 Raiding Queen, Leader of the Darkraiders PM me if you want to join us or email thedarkraiders@mail.com

Support IDs: 9NQY72WE47 and 6R0HQ92TQC

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast