Thread: Santa Maria ship

Santa Maria ship

I have just opened up new land by doing an old quest that had been there for ages. This led to another quest which requires me to buy the Santa Maria ship which I think must be one of the 1st ships from when the game started because the stats are so low! It costs a lot of rubies & I would really prefer not to waste them on such a weak ship. Does anyone know if there is any value to purchasing this ship, other than completing the old quest? I am figuring that maybe finishing that quest will lead to another one which will open up more land as although I have been playing PC for a long time there are still several areas with quests attached to them that I had not cleared due to the fact that I had to clear one that took quite a few rubies in order to get to them & didn't have enough.

I think I recall seeing a thread about this (or maybe it was one of the other old ships, not too sure) but can't seem to find it, so so I'd appreciate any info you have on the Santa Maria.

Santa Maria is a 4 hour repair ship, which I do find useful when needing to have lower ships for multiple battles a day. Although I wouldn't say it is worth the rubies. For little more you can buy an LTO ships for 349 rubies with much greater stats.

Hopefully that helps.
    Leader of Thedarkraiders

"I know that this is not goodbye"- U2

You don't need to buy the Santa Maria to open up more land. It is only a sidequest. In the questtopic of the forum you can find a topic called: "ruby quest line". There you can find the answers to your questions. Perhaps someone can post a link to that topic, I don't know how to do that.
    leader of Awesomenesss

There is no fairness or consistency in TPC; so just because you have it in your cove, it may not be the case for everyone. And just because everyone else has it, doesn't mean you will. Except crashing, everybody has crashing!

Thanks again for the help guys.