Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Really PG? Another guild battle at the forthcoming weekend? Are you kidding us?

Quote Originally Posted by igotahavit View Post

Thank God for Fee! PG has put down my voodoo doll and is now sticking needles in Fee's.
    Gotta, you got it! :-) Nowadays there is this stabbing pain I never felt before. ;-)
    Leader of CannonbllSkip
    Game ID: Appelus

Great news for PG that there are so many die hard guilld war fans. As for me, I am burnt out. IMO too much time is invested into my weekends on this game for mediocre prizes.
    Also the slow down is an indication that the game will be ending so it is time for me to slow down on valuable time spent on a game that has a questionable future.
    Last edited by Diamond; 05-16-17 at 12:16 PM.

Darkly Angelic Member darkangel's Avatar
    There cannot be any type of battle event running on the same week as the fleet quest.

"If you and I are silent, who will teach the ignorant"

Quote Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
    There cannot be any type of battle event running on the same week as the fleet quest.
    Solution - Change the fleet quest to 1st weekend of the month rather than the last weekend. Reason (based on Igota's comment about holidays mainly being 1st weekend of the month) On holiday weekends where players have a Monday off work it gives them a good chance to get ahead with the 3rd part of the fleet quest rather than losing half the day to work commitments.
    Last edited by andyb386; 05-16-17 at 02:19 PM.
    Player Name mrb386
    Proud member of the Cannonbll clan

Quote Originally Posted by andyb386 View Post
    Solution - Change the fleet quest to 1st weekend of the month rather than the last weekend. Reason (based on Igota's comment about holidays mainly being 1st weekend of the month) On holiday weekends where players have a Monday off work it gives them a good chance to get ahead with the 3rd part of the fleet quest rather than losing half the day to work commitments.
    Andy:

Excellent idea! That's even better than mine and your explanation is perfect. If PG doesn't see the benefit of that then we're all goners.
    Paradise Cove - Leader of the Darkwings (PM me about joining our guild)

Remembering Nayjon (1970-2017), guildmate and lover of TPC. I'll miss you, brother!

Secret Passages - Billionaire Bandits

The Billionaire Bandit club finished 78 strong and I'm proud of all who made this so much fun. Visit the Hall of Fame sticky thread for a list of Billionaire Bandits.

There is a holiday coming up at the end of the month in UK so one could argue considering US holidays alone is one sided.

I would also like to point out that I already did suggest having a individual event in-between the 2 battle events.

My two cents worth :
    In Jan and Feb we had alternating Guild Battle and Points events. I liked this.
    Individual Battles could be held in 5 weekend months, at anytime while trying to avoid Guild events on major holidays.
    ====
    kormieh
    Leader of Relax

Quote Originally Posted by igotahavit View Post
    DA (and Skeleton Crew):

The rotation should be as follows (IMHO):

1st Weekend of the Month: Points Event and Shovel Quest
    Reason: Nobody wants to (or should have to) spend/waste rubies on a Guild Battle when the Ruby Decos come out during this week. A Points Event avoids (for the most part) spending rubies, plus the Shovel Quest gives players a chance to add rubies to buy Ruby Decos. The Ruby Decos should be offered immediately following a shovel quest!

2nd Weekend of the Month: Guild Battle
    Reason: At least in the United States, most major holidays are either the first weekend of the month (New Year's Day, Labor Day and July 4th/Independence Day) or the third weekend of the month (MLK Day, Memorial Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas). That way players are maximized during the 2nd and 4th weeks and not stressed over having to make a decision to play or not. This also puts less stress on the PG Skeleton Crew as most errors and screw-ups occur during Guild Battles over holidays.

3rd Week of the Month: Individual Battle and Fleet Quest
    Reason: Easy, players can play or not play and don't have to feel they're letting down, possibly, 24 other teammates. If it's a holiday weekend (see Reason #2), we can play at our leisure.

4th Weekend of the Month: Guild Battle
    Reason
    : See Reasons #1, #2 and #3.

5th (if necessary) Weekend of the Month: "The Blue Plate Special" (Let Blue decide which event we want.)
    Reason: This won't occur that often and I don't think there's another player who's more devoted to TPC than Blue Blou. So, she knows best (or better than me).

I don't have any pride of authorship. If anybody sees an error or oversight or has a better reason, please feel free to add it or amend this.
    Sorry to stamp all over your suggestion, but.....

You can't have individual battle and fleet quest on at the same time. For that matter you can't have fleet quest anywhere near any battles, guild or individual, as ships are too busy taking out the fleet to do other battles.

The easiest way to make it fair is
    1st week - guild battle
    2nd week - individual battle
    3rd week - guild battle
    4th week - points and fleet or another individual if there will be a 5th week that month.
    5th week when it occurs - points and fleet.

Or move points and fleet to first weekend in the month, if you want to miss all those holidays, and continue the other rotation after (leaving the possible 5th weekend as individual)

Yes, I realise that puts it as battling every weekend, but the last (or first) in the month, but that is what this game has become. At least it's not guild battle versus one weekend after another and you can always ignore the individual one if you like.
    Last edited by Crazy Tapper; 05-16-17 at 08:25 PM.
    There is no fairness or consistency in TPC; so just because you have it in your cove, it may not be the case for everyone. And just because everyone else has it, doesn't mean you will. Except crashing, everybody has crashing!

Quote Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
    There is a holiday coming up at the end of the month in UK so one could argue considering US holidays alone is one sided.

I would also like to point out that I already did suggest having a individual event in-between the 2 battle events.
    I liked your suggestion. Breaking up guild battles with individual battles, that you can play or not as you choose, is the fairest way for PG to have battles most weekends, like they want.
    There is no fairness or consistency in TPC; so just because you have it in your cove, it may not be the case for everyone. And just because everyone else has it, doesn't mean you will. Except crashing, everybody has crashing!

Name:  pp.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  30.4 KB
    Contract Pirate

Crazy Tapper:

Stomp away. You make excellent points as well. I agree with your layout. Just as good, if not better. I was just trying to conserve rubies for the decos at the beginning of the month.

I realize my mistake that you can't have fleet quests during guild battle weekends. I also wish the guild quest with defeating the 6 progressively more difficult ships (and in doing so earned a decent ship, plus boosts, cannons and hulls for each guild member) was still in the mix. Of all the guild quests, that one always seemed to unite our guild and give us purpose. What a shame they took that away.

DA:

I'm not ignoring your post. Simply, you are/were correct and I had nothing to add. Also, I wasn't trying to be insensitive to non-USA based TPCers, just that it was a lopsided example (which really PG should have seen years ago) why Guild Battles should be avoided (for the most part) on the 1st and 3rd weeks of the month. (I pointed the same thing out in Secret Passages years ago, but it fell on deaf ears.) I'm sure PG could easily list out all word-wide holidays and see where the majority fall and work around them. It would be easier for them and us, plus it seems most of the mistakes/errors occur during those guild battle holiday weekends. Just saying, not pouring salt in the wound, probably due to rushing and time compression before vacations.

I know you'll pass our collective feelings onto the PG Skeleton Crew. I think if they review this and our suggestions, along with your guidance, it will make it better for us and them.
    Paradise Cove - Leader of the Darkwings (PM me about joining our guild)

Remembering Nayjon (1970-2017), guildmate and lover of TPC. I'll miss you, brother!

Secret Passages - Billionaire Bandits

The Billionaire Bandit club finished 78 strong and I'm proud of all who made this so much fun. Visit the Hall of Fame sticky thread for a list of Billionaire Bandits.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Tapper View Post
    Sorry to stamp all over your suggestion, but.....

You can't have individual battle and fleet quest on at the same time. For that matter you can't have fleet quest anywhere near any battles, guild or individual, as ships are too busy taking out the fleet to do other battles.

The easiest way to make it fair is
    1st week - guild battle
    2nd week - individual battle
    3rd week - guild battle
    4th week - points and fleet or another individual if there will be a 5th week that month.
    5th week when it occurs - points and fleet.

Or move points and fleet to first weekend in the month, if you want to miss all those holidays, and continue the other rotation after (leaving the possible 5th weekend as individual)

Yes, I realise that puts it as battling every weekend, but the last (or first) in the month, but that is what this game has become. At least it's not guild battle versus one weekend after another and you can always ignore the individual one if you like.
    +1
    Guilds: Dolphins_U35 and CatPhins
    Player name: GGContraPG

Don't blame me....it's google translate's fault!

Since guild wars are all about Money $$$ and how much Money PG can make , why not have the guilds who enjoy battling every week for four long days every two hours participate in guild wars voluntarily as an option ?

Allow the average guilds, which are the majority of customers participate in guild wars once a month so we all do not decide to give up on this game and quit all together because we have had enough!

PG could even make more MONEY $$$ by making all of their customers happy!

Sorry, but for the average guild the prizes offered are not worth of the effort of hours or money spent to win, especially when you know your guild is thousands of points away from the next prize, making it impossible and offering no incentive to try to reach the next prize

Even though it is very nice that Dark Angel has been looking into this, PG should have the decency to comment on this post and their intentions on the guild war battle schedules as respect for their loyal customers.

I remember reading before that back to back guild battles were a mistake and resolved , now here we go again with them again!
    Last edited by Diamond; 05-17-17 at 09:16 AM.

Psst, just my opion, but PG schedules Guild Wars on US Holidays on purpose. Just like most retail businesses in the US have sales on Holidays. It is a marketing strategy, the time-off from work giving you more time to spend $$$$. Like I said, just my opion.

I have to say this is all carp....once a month would be more than enough for many of us.
    It's all about the $$ ...and that, at least, keeps them from totally stopping content.

Signed,
    A devoted player speaking for many devoted players
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

Thanks for trying darkangel.

Quote Originally Posted by giraffe510 View Post
    I have to say this is all carp....once a month would be more than enough for many of us.
    It's all about the $$ ...and that, at least, keeps them from totally stopping content.

Signed,
    A devoted player speaking for many devoted players
    I just love your new avatar!

Maybe a solution would be to come up with once a month guilds & recruit players who participate once a month & skip the the other guild events.
    As far as rankings, it really does not matter!

I also love your new avatar, Giraffe! It is priceless. And very funny.
    "I survived because I was tougher than anybody else."

Bette Davis

Member Vaders_Fist_2

Yes, Vaders_Fist_2 because we lowered the recruitment level.

It made my 12 year old inner self feel better though it doesn't really matter anymore....sigh...

They have to make $$ and this is how they do it.
    I will miss everyone...but life goes on....

I simply don't care anymore
    One of Thedarkangels

Quote Originally Posted by Preciouskath View Post
    Lol +1
    *sigh*

It made my 12 year old inner self feel better though it doesn't really matter anymore....sigh...

They have to make $$ and this is how they do it.
    I will miss everyone...but life goes on....
    Does that mean no more guild battles?

Quote Originally Posted by Preciouskath View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by squemster View Post
    Lol +1
    +chocolate

giraffe Love it!!!

Happy you love it

PK, I hear you...I still care a little....can't help myself....I don't want to say goodbye

Hey there, BB...where have you been? I will help my guild as long as we decide we want to battle....but it is getting old very fast.

Happy you love it

PK, I hear you...I still care a little....can't help myself....I don't want to say goodbye

Hey there, BB...where have you been? I will help my guild as long as we decide we want to battle....but it is getting old very fast.
    Hi Giraffe, I have been out enjoying my life, staying away from this game, thank you for asking. I have been hearing from friends who have been made sick by this game, debating if they should walk away because they want to enjoy life & stop wasting their weekends and at same time will miss the friends they made in their guilds. What is really sad is the combination of the truly addicted and the greed of PG have destroyed Paradise Cove. If the truly addicted stopped knocking themselves out every weekend to win every first prize ship then PG would stop the madness with back to back guild battles. As long as they play this will continue into the top guilds only have themselves to play with.
    Last edited by Banana boat; 05-20-17 at 08:30 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast